The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

From speculation it’s sounds like Mulraney, Hickey (although he will be back on loan) and Whelan will be away which will bring in cash and free up wages.

Id guess DS will also want rid of at least one keeper in Jan. Possibly Wighton and White could be moved on as well, they both have/had ability but whether or not they will ever show it is still to be proven. 

At the end of the season I think at least Berra and MacLean will be away. Possibly Dikamona (is his deal up?) and Damour has a lot to prove. DS will also have a better view on the youngsters by then. (Who knows what’ll happen if we go down though).

I believe they all have relegation clauses so will be a clean start.. would be difficult to keep Stendel I think in championship 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

I wouldn't hold out too much hope of many of the players out on loan suddenly coming back and being part of our first team again.  Olly Lee could be possible, McDonald has only played a couple of times for Dunfermline due to injuries and Cochrane has struggled to hold down a regular place in the starting lineup for them.

Everyone else is at clubs in League One and below.  I can't see the likes of Moore and Currie playing again.  Smith and Hamilton are only 17/18 so might have a future but are still young.

Genuinely think you're struggling to get any more than two or three from the group out on loan who could come in and play in our first team again this season in a relegation fight.

Agree on the loan players.

Just wonder though if Stendel might want some more of the youngsters around the squad. To help with competition for places and the vibrancy around the place. 

Henrysmithstaxi
37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree on the loan players.

Just wonder though if Stendel might want some more of the youngsters around the squad. To help with competition for places and the vibrancy around the place. 

I think this. Just more youth (seems to be his thing), energy and competition. He might be able to coach and develop some of these young prospects better than others (here or elsewhere), or he might certainly believe he can.

I wonder if mulraney is talking to Atlanta, hence why completely out of the squad yesterday. Hope so. 

I reckon a striker or two are key in January, especially if Naismith is out more than he's in. Someone in the zeefuik mould and knows where the goal is would be ideal.

A winger who can get to the byline would be good also. An andy driver type.

Hope we can shift on a good few of the fringe players and cut the squad size down.

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

I wonder if mulraney is talking to Atlanta, hence why completely out of the squad yesterday. Hope so. 

I reckon a striker or two are key in January, especially if Naismith is out more than he's in. Someone in the zeefuik mould and knows where the goal is would be ideal.

Hope we can shift on a good few of the fringe players and cut the squad size down.

just sign Zeefuik himself

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

When was the last time he played at a comparable level?

He seriously couldn't do any worse that what we have upfront just now

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

When was the last time he played at a comparable level?

never mind that he has been without a club since summer 2017

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

never mind that he has been without a club since summer 2017

no going to hit the ground running then lol.

cheers for reply. 

10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

how many pages long do we think it will be??

I will go for 65

Too low. It’ll reach at least 100. 

35 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Could get a couple in a Zeefuik mould!

MarkyMark 1874
20 hours ago, Markymark said:

Mulraney 

whelan

white

doyle

wighton

uche

morrison

naismith to Killie.

no idea incoming.

The only problem I have with Uche, is he goes down too easy , fix this and I'd be good with him staying . Replace his name with Damour 

The Apprentice
49 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

How can you have a dig at Washington’s goal record over a calendar year and yet you are all over every thread banging on about signing a player who hasn’t even played never mind scored in years! Give it a rest man.

Need a goalie, Adam Davies is rumoured but Hladky from St Mirren would be good, out of contract in the summer so St Mirren are under more pressure to sell perhaps, this also weakens them. Yes he had a poor game against us in the 5-2 but in general he is a very decent goalie. 

Liam Lindsay has also been rumoured and would be a terrific loan signing, knows Stendel, knows the league and is left footed, which fills the position we need. 

Greg Docherty is another midfielder who would be quite good in the box to box role that we seek. Scores a few goals from midfield which is always handy. Loan deal would be good for us and Rangers. 

Liam Boyce is another one rumoured who is a proven goalscorer in this league. Unsure if he is realistic or not at the moment though. 

Few other players:

Jimmy Dunne - well known to the club after a successful loan spell last season. Would be an alternative to Liam Lindsay. Knows the club, two footed, enthusiastic and talented. Out of contract at the end of the season. Currently on loan with Fleetwood. 

Mikel Millar - has something about him and would weaken Hamilton. Would provide pace and versatility. Better than Mulraney. 

Lyndon Dykes - been outstanding for Livi this season and will be known to our scouting department after we looked at him when he was with QoS. Under contract so Livi would be well within their right to command a fee. 

Kyle Maggenis - another up and coming young player from St Mirren, and would weaken them drastically. Maybe more suited to a summer transfer rather than now though. 

Kyle Lafferty - previously at the club and scored goals. We need goals and is currently available on a free. Unlikely to happen I would have thought. 

Certainly we need to bring in the minimum of:

Number 1 goalie

Centre back (ideally suitable to play on the left) 

Central midfielder 

Attacking midfielder 

Winger 

Striker x2 

Hopefully we’ll have some announcements in the near future. 

7 hours ago, TommyC said:

I've been very mixed on Bozanic but think his energy suits Stendel's style and we might see him stay as a back up. He doesn't have the quality required but he does all the running needed and I think Stendel likes him. Obviously I hope Smith is still with us as well.

I think that it is more likely that he has very little options at the moment. He tries hard no doubt but I would expect Stendel to be improving that area of the team.

57 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I'd be down with that tbh. Not as first choice, but last 20 mins we're struggling for a goal, he's who I'd want on the bench tbh

Just now, OTT said:

I'd be down with that tbh. Not as first choice, but last 20 mins we're struggling for a goal, he's who I'd want on the bench tbh

exactly

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Need a goalie, Adam Davies is rumoured but Hladky from St Mirren would be good, out of contract in the summer so St Mirren are under more pressure to sell perhaps, this also weakens them. Yes he had a poor game against us in the 5-2 but in general he is a very decent goalie. 

Liam Lindsay has also been rumoured and would be a terrific loan signing, knows Stendel, knows the league and is left footed, which fills the position we need. 

Greg Docherty is another midfielder who would be quite good in the box to box role that we seek. Scores a few goals from midfield which is always handy. Loan deal would be good for us and Rangers. 

Liam Boyce is another one rumoured who is a proven goalscorer in this league. Unsure if he is realistic or not at the moment though. 

Few other players:

Jimmy Dunne - well known to the club after a successful loan spell last season. Would be an alternative to Liam Lindsay. Knows the club, two footed, enthusiastic and talented. Out of contract at the end of the season. Currently on loan with Fleetwood. 

Mikel Millar - has something about him and would weaken Hamilton. Would provide pace and versatility. Better than Mulraney. 

Lyndon Dykes - been outstanding for Livi this season and will be known to our scouting department after we looked at him when he was with QoS. Under contract so Livi would be well within their right to command a fee. 

Kyle Maggenis - another up and coming young player from St Mirren, and would weaken them drastically. Maybe more suited to a summer transfer rather than now though. 

Kyle Lafferty - previously at the club and scored goals. We need goals and is currently available on a free. Unlikely to happen I would have thought. 

Certainly we need to bring in the minimum of:

Number 1 goalie

Centre back (ideally suitable to play on the left) 

Central midfielder 

Attacking midfielder 

Winger 

Striker x2 

Hopefully we’ll have some announcements in the near future. 

Craig Gordon too

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Jesus, don’t encourage him. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hasn’t played for over two years. He was huge then, what size do you think he will be now? 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hasn’t played for over two years. He was huge then, what size do you think he will be now? 

no bigger than Uche

4 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Jesus, don’t encourage him. 

👍🏻

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ay but its all muscle JiH says....

vvvvvvv

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

no bigger than Uche

Jesus H ****ing Christ

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Something for Berra to aim for :D

I was firmly in his camp every transfer window up to last season. I don't believe you lose that natural talent he had for finishing fitness be damned. The ship has probably sailed now, but it was a massive opportunity we've had sitting in front of our doorstep. We're in the looking for value where others perceive their to be none market, and we've had probably the most natural finisher I've ever saw at Tynie for pennies. In a time where we have consistently struggled to find a goalscorer this has been beyond annoying. 

After he left Turkey that was our chance. Instead we've went for absolute dross after absolute dross - I mean Sammon, Watt, Juanma, Vanecek, Uche, Bikey, Outside of Lafferty & Naismith every single one has disappointed . At this point, I probably agree fitness will be a huge issue, but I'm not against giving the guy a trial over the winter break to see if Stendel fancies him.

Just now, OTT said:

Something for Berra to aim for :D

I was firmly in his camp every transfer window up to last season. I don't believe you lose that natural talent he had for finishing fitness be damned. The ship has probably sailed now, but it was a massive opportunity we've had sitting in front of our doorstep. We're in the looking for value where others perceive their to be none market, and we've had probably the most natural finisher I've ever saw at Tynie for pennies. In a time where we have consistently struggled to find a goalscorer this has been beyond annoying. 

After he left Turkey that was our chance. Instead we've went for absolute dross after absolute dross - I mean Sammon, Watt, Juanma, Vanecek, Uche, Bikey, Outside of Lafferty & Naismith every single one has disappointed . At this point, I probably agree fitness will be a huge issue, but I'm not against giving the guy a trial over the winter break to see if Stendel fancies him.

‘Massive’ opportunity indeed. Some on here think he would fit into Stendel pressing game. He would, for about five minutes. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

‘Massive’ opportunity indeed. Some on here think he would fit into Stendel pressing game. He would, for about five minutes. 

Oh no, but thats not why you bring him in. Supersub. 

We're a big club, he's not doing better since he won't slim down. 

Leveins Battalion
11 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Aye, lets sign a player that's not kicked a ball in anger for over two years 😂😂😂😂😂

You heard any rumours Notts?

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You’re an idiot

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

umm please refrain from the personal abuse - no need

To be fair it is a ridiculous thing to say......

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

To be fair it is a ridiculous thing to say......

everyone is entitled to their opinion

I was right about Berra months before people saw it on here.

I might be right about Zeefuik too

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You’re right

imagine him disagreeing with truth

Such a simplistic outlook on life , hes big , hes big too , must be the same kinda big so on that note i am currently built like Hafbor Björnsson 👍🏻

Just now, Natural Orders said:

everyone is entitled to their opinion

I was right about Berra months before people saw it on here.

I might be right about Zeefuik too

Ok your opinion is ridiculous.....

Uche - muscular with little body fat

Zeefuik - fat

You figure it out......

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Osman Sow released by Killie. Maybe he could play alongside Zeefuik in JiH's team to keep us up😂😂😂😂

Skacel in behind them 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Osman Sow released by Killie. Maybe he could play alongside Zeefuik in JiH's team to keep us up😂😂😂😂

Sow and Zeefuik would do better what we have

Ffs, do folk not realise that JiH gets 50p paid into his account and a deep fried Milky Way every time he says ‘Zeefuik’?

Anyway, Lafferty, by his own admission, is not a ‘good trainer’.  Can’t see Stendel being attracted.