• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Just now, Hectormasson said:

My mistake gr   burtton are owned by a Preston company summit like edl digital ? My mistake ,,,think burton is sponsored by a brewer ,,,

Sound, we all get mixed up occasionally 👍

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's a great example to illustrate what Scottish clubs are up against. Burton seem to be one of the more sensible teams but 8m is Aberdeen level of wages here, and an unusually high-paying Aberdeen, and that's a club with the only aim of surviving in the Championship. Either way, English football in general pays way more and not just in the Championship. Always remember Andy Kirk tripling his wages to sign for Boston Utd in League Two and Adam Rooney signing for Salford in league 2 for money from one of our top paying clubs.

That's more the fault of those in charge of the Scottish game rather than clubs like Burton etc. Anyway we digress.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

That's more the fault of those in charge of the Scottish game rather than clubs like Burton etc. Anyway we digress.

Really? English football has gone mad and the bubble has to pop some time. I'm delighted we (outwith the OF) haven't gone there and are instead trying to be sustainable.

Just now, Hectormasson said:

Well I was told molson or summit ? U know better eh 🤔very good ,,  

The English brewery Molson Coors? Unfortunately they aren't interested in anything else rather than supplying the beer.

Burton are owned and have been since Non League days by Ben Robinson who had a small financial services business in the town. Office was on the High St in what was originally the home of Mr Worthington the brewer of the first IPA👍

Just now, Notts1874 said:

The English brewery Molson Coors? Unfortunately they aren't interested in anything else rather than supplying the beer.

Burton are owned and have been since Non League days by Ben Robinson who had a small financial services business in the town. Office was on the High St in what was originally the home of Mr Worthington the brewer of the first IPA👍

Good stuff m8👍

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Remind me. Where about in the Burton area you live again, mate?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👏👏👏👏brilliant,,,

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Remind me. Where about in the Burton area you live again, mate?

That would be Burton and I work for that English Brewery and my auld mother used to work for Ben. Small world eh!!

Just now, Barack said:

I'm being serious, mate. :lol:

There's umpteen posts on this, and a few posters could also confirm it. 

On Burton Albion stuff...yeah, he knows what he's talking about. 

Aye it seems that way🙈🤣

Tynecastlesmychurch

Who started all this Naismith to Killie stuff? Is their actually any proof this is happening? Or is this just typical kickback pish?

Boyce makes a lot of sense as a signing and the transfer fee might just about be affordable, but is he really going to sign a permanent deal with us when we're 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league? We might be a difficult sell at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Aye it seems that way🙈🤣

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm being serious, mate. :lol:

There's umpteen posts on this, and a few posters could also confirm it. 

On Burton Albion stuff...yeah, he knows what he's talking about. 

Can’t believe i missed this fun , I can confirm Notts is indeed a resident expert and often attendee on Burton due to living there

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Who started all this Naismith to Killie stuff? Is their actually any proof this is happening? Or is this just typical kickback pish?

I think they’ve appointed thingys assistant till the end of the season so it’s a load of nonsense I suspect.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I think they’ve appointed thingys assistant till the end of the season so it’s a load of nonsense I suspect.

Someone on here mentioned it the other day. Not sure if its been anywhere else. Saw that earlier about Dyer(??)

32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's a great example to illustrate what Scottish clubs are up against. Burton seem to be one of the more sensible teams but 8m is Aberdeen level of wages here, and an unusually high-paying Aberdeen, and that's a club with the only aim of surviving in the Championship. Either way, English football in general pays way more and not just in the Championship. Always remember Andy Kirk tripling his wages to sign for Boston Utd in League Two and Adam Rooney signing for Salford in league 2 for money from one of our top paying clubs. Craziness. 

8m was last season in championship. They are now in league 1 and staying there by the looks of things. Their 8m is probably very close to our wage bill now. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, soonbe110 said:

8m was last season in championship. They are now in league 1 and staying there by the looks of things. Their 8m is probably very close to our wage bill now. 

Our wage bill is nearer £9M. 

9 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

All pish mate. He is signing for Burton 👍

20 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

That would be Burton and I work for that English Brewery and my auld mother used to work for Ben. Small world eh!!

👍👍👍👍👍👍

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Our wage bill is nearer £9M. 

I was referring to playing budget. We have over 100 p/t hospitality staff on our payroll as well as lots of admin staff. Our crowds average 4/5 times Burtons so they won’t have anything like the admin or hospitality staff numbers we have. I suspect the two clubs will now be relatively similar in terms of playing budgets. 

15 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

They have a manager now so it’s just the usual tosh. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I was referring to playing budget. We have over 100 p/t hospitality staff on our payroll as well as lots of admin staff. Our crowds average 4/5 times Burtons so they won’t have anything like the admin or hospitality staff numbers we have. I suspect the two clubs will now be relatively similar in terms of playing budgets. 

Fair enough. 

Anyway enough about Burton, unless you want me to bore you with random facts about the town and it's history.

Boyce would be an excellent signing and lets not forget who he sits next to every international break.

13 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Boyce makes a lot of sense as a signing and the transfer fee might just about be affordable, but is he really going to sign a permanent deal with us when we're 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league? We might be a difficult sell at the moment.

Depends on other offers as well as where he wants to spend his final playing days. Living in Edinburgh, playing for a top team in Scotland and scoring goals could appeal. 

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Anyway enough about Burton, unless you want me to bore you with random facts about the town and it's history.

Boyce would be an excellent signing and lets not forget who he sits next to every international break.

Exactly, lots of connections. And having lived in Dingwall and Burton I suspect a stint in Edinburgh wouldn’t be a challenge. 

Edited by soonbe110

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly, lots of connections. And having lived in Dingwall and Burton I suspect a stint in Edinburgh would be a huge step up in society....

:whistling:

11 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Who?

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Depends on other offers as well as where he wants to spend his final playing days. Living in Edinburgh, playing for a top team in Scotland and scoring goals could appeal. 

Hope so. The good thing is his record at Burton probably isn't quite good enough to attract Championship interest or persuade many League One clubs to part with a fee, so if Burton are going to sell him, Scotland seems a likely destination. Strikers aren't a priority for Hibs, so he's unlikely to go there, but Aberdeen seem to be long term admirers and are probably an easier sell than us at the moment.

Pure speculation anyway.

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Still crazy with an average attendance of 4,000 or so.

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

:whistling:

Right you asked for it.

Did you know the last person to be burnt at the stake for heresy was in Burton?

It once took over an hour to get through town due to the amount of level crossings from the brewery's private rail lines.

Burton water is now a myth as the water comes from Leicestershire.

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Who?

Work it out, it’s not rocket science. Three names to start with, one surname begins with S, another begins with W and the third begins with M

Edited by soonbe110

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Work it out, it’s not rocket science. 

It was to me. For some reason I couldn’t figure it out at all, have had some liquid refreshments. 

15 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

Trouble maker :lol:

😇

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Right you asked for it.

Did you know the last person to be burnt at the stake for heresy was in Burton?

It once took over an hour to get through town due to the amount of level crossings from the brewery's private rail lines.

Burton water is now a myth as the water comes from Leicestershire.

So Burton beer isn’t Burton beer but Fake Burton beer and really Leicestershire beer 🤔 I did read somewhere that Henry VIII dissolved the Abbey. #witchcraft

42 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It’s not uncommon in these cases for clubs to give a non-relegation bonus for the season the player signed or more likely a release clause in the contract allowing the player to leave for free should relegation happen, like Defoe at Sunderland.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It was to me. For some reason I couldn’t figure it out at all, have had some liquid refreshments. 

Number four begins with L. 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

😇

So Burton beer isn’t Burton beer but Fake Burton beer and really Leicestershire beer 🤔 I did read somewhere that Henry VIII dissolved the Abbey. #witchcraft

The same Abbey where beer was first brewed in town. It's now a shite overpriced seafood restaurant. Seafood in Burton 😂😂😂. You can hardly get further from the coast.

The same Abbey where beer was first brewed in town. It's now a shite overpriced seafood restaurant. Seafood in Burton 😂😂😂. You can hardly get further from the coast.

Did the Trent always go past it/through it i just googled something and it said some family extended it to make it a market town 🤨

Ot

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Did the Trent always go past it/through it i just googled something and it said some family extended it to make it a market town 🤨

It runs past the original Burton rather than through it. Over the water is Winshill and Stapenhill. It wasn't until the canal was built that the brewers and town started to expand. All of it built by the Bass family.

Ot

It runs past the original Burton rather than through it. Over the water is Winshill and Stapenhill. It wasn't until the canal was built that the brewers and town started to expand. All of it built by the Bass family.

👍🏻 that would make sense with the “expansion” comment , thanking you , As you were on Boyce and Burton Albion sir 🤘🏻