Jump to content

The January Transfer Window Super Thread


dazajmbo

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Sir Gio

    464

  • GinRummy

    452

  • Hearts007

    224

  • Bongo 1874

    219

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant see many of today's team being moved on. I'd have thought those not in today's starting 11 (plus poss bench) more likely to be not in his plans (Whelan, White, McLean, Walker, Berra, Mulraney, Wighton)

Link to post
Share on other sites
The_razors_edge
10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:


A couple of weeks ago I understood they were all being recalled. DS desperately wanted younger legs for and upon arriving he was concerned about the age and fitness of our squad. (Fitness levels were a real issue I believe) 

 

 I expect he will want to see them in training and decide himself. However, on basis most loanees still train with us to a degree I expect he will know which loanees he might like look of. 
 

Though I guess players returns will be influenced by who DS can bring in. I think we will see more departures than incomers. That makes sense to me as we have a excessively large squad and he wants to get some balance to the squad back,

 

If the returning loanees can stake a claim for first team I’m not sure but I thing younger legs would help us in providing a bit of energy and pace, which we have lacked for a long time.

 

Good. I hope the likes of Cochrane, McDonald, Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton kick on under DS’s leadership. One player who I also think may benefit from playing under DS and contribute something till the end of the season is Olly Lee. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So where has the Naismith to Killie As manager chat came from? Is this just a guess because he’s an ex-Killie player and he’s injured & they need a manager (1 + 1 = 3)?

Or is there more substance to this?

I wouldnt want him to go. If (Yes its a big IF) he can get his fitness back and have a sustained run in the team I think that would be brilliant for Hearts. He’s still got 3 1/2 years to go on his contact too.

Edited by Pans Jambo
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see the below leave:

Whelan

Maclean

Mulraney

White

 

I suspect we might lose Smith as part of a deal with Stoke (We're never getting a permanent deal with Lindsay, but might for the goalkeeper?). Hickey will likely end up at City, but hopefully thats contingent on a loan back deal as we are really fighting to stay up so can't afford to lose him right now. 

 

Uche, we know can be effective, but there seems to be this view taken by referees that because he's a big laddie the other teams can wrestle him with impunity. So with that in mind I do wonder if its worth just cashing in now and making sure Stendel has a bit of money to get a forward thats his player?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Mulraney, White, Zlamal, MacLean, Wighton, Whelan and Damour. Brandon and Morrison can go too as they have shown very little and Periera can go back to Man U especially if we are likely to sign the keeper from Stoke. 

 

If Hickey signs for Man City, as long as we get him back on loan, that's 11 players and we aren't weaker with any of them leaving.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious what the thinking is about keepers.

 

Assuming we bring in a new no.1, Pereira would be first choice as understudy.

 

But how likely is that we can move on both Zlamal and Doyle? The cheaper option would be to send Pereira back to Man U and retain either Zlamal or Doyle.

 

But if the new no.1 gets injured we're in trouble!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

 

One player who I also think may benefit from playing under DS and contribute something till the end of the season is Olly Lee. 

 I don't know if DS wants Lee but Gillingham fans are desperate for their club to make the loan permanent. We could get a pretty reasonable fee for him to go into our transfer kitty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Players we should try to move on now or in the summer:

 

Doyle

Zlamal 

Pereira 

White

Berra

Dikamona 

Whelan 

Mulraney

Wighton

MacLean 

Uche

 

Jury's out:

 

Damour

Walker

Morrison

Naismith - can he get properly fit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

Been a supporter of info from you on individual signings but you simply do not have that level of info. Absolutely reeks of attention seeking.

Behave. Just wait and see, no need to insult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So where has the Naismith to Killie As manager chat came from? Is this just a guess because he’s an ex-Killie player and he’s injured & they need a manager (1 + 1 = 3)?

Or is there more substance to this?

I wouldnt want him to go. If (Yes its a big IF) he can get his fitness back and have a sustained run in the team I think that would be brilliant for Hearts. He’s still got 3 1/2 years to go on his contact too.

It is just that he's an ex killie player I'm sure he's not got the required badges to take over as manager. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The_razors_edge
17 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

 I don't know if DS wants Lee but Gillingham fans are desperate for their club to make the loan permanent. We could get a pretty reasonable fee for him to go into our transfer kitty.

 

He’s got a year and half left on his contract. Not sure how much of a fee we may command for him. If he was to make a positive contribution in the 2nd half of the season and help keep us up he may be worth more to us if he stays. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

No more fecking projects either 

 

Whighton a stick on for a return to Dundee 

 

Pace incoming please 

I noticed Kane Hemmings playing for them, Stendel will know of him and a wee swap or cash plus Wighton might be an idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Badonde said:

mulraney

whelan 

bobby

wighton

Brandon

morrison

Maclean

 

would be delighted if they were all to leave 

 

 

Brandon? A player who has improved under the new manager. Can run, won't be on a big wage. No danger he will leave. Another who could improve.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Stendel has put a marker down saying if you're out injured every couple of weeks you're no good to me . 

All the sick notes better beware , be it unlucky or injury prone . 

The likes of Walker , Naismith and the long term guys , Washington, Haring , Souttar etc will be moved on regardless if their injuries persist  That seems to be the message . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Curious what the thinking is about keepers.

 

Assuming we bring in a new no.1, Pereira would be first choice as understudy.

 

But how likely is that we can move on both Zlamal and Doyle? The cheaper option would be to send Pereira back to Man U and retain either Zlamal or Doyle.

 

But if the new no.1 gets injured we're in trouble!

 

How much are we paying towards Perreira’s wages?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

 

 

Brandon? A player who has improved under the new manager. Can run, won't be on a big wage. No danger he will leave. Another who could improve.

 

 

 

Yep. Don’t see the point in moving Brandon on. Will be a low end earner and is decent full back cover. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

 

He’s got a year and half left on his contract. Not sure how much of a fee we may command for him. If he was to make a positive contribution in the 2nd half of the season and help keep us up he may be worth more to us if he stays. 

I'm sure I read Stendel was down watching him at Gillingham. I suppose he will have his own thoughts as to what Lee might bring to his style of play. Keep or sell at least he's an asset to help strengthen us in the second half of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Can we have a separate thread just for ex players folk want back to save them polluting this one

And Cummings

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I'm sure I read Stendel was down watching him at Gillingham. I suppose he will have his own thoughts as to what Lee might bring to his style of play. Keep or sell at least he's an asset to help strengthen us in the second half of the season.


his insta is full of memories of the New year derby last year so......

 

am i doing this correctly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Think Stendel has put a marker down saying if you're out injured every couple of weeks you're no good to me . 

All the sick notes better beware , be it unlucky or injury prone . 

The likes of Walker , Naismith and the long term guys , Washington, Haring , Souttar etc will be moved on regardless if their injuries persist  That seems to be the message . 

Hopefully, that’s a huge chunk of our playing budget not on the park.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

 

How much are we paying towards Perreira’s wages?

Too much, great football player but not toI clever with crosses or shots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Too much, great football player but not toI clever with crosses or shots.


Was better today , more commanding , no cocks ups with lack of confidence in the defence either. Couldnt do much about the goal

Link to post
Share on other sites

I called the Naismith to Killie one the day that boy was punted!!

 

Smith is currently driving to his house in Bath/Bristol, he is really settled in Kirkliston with the Mrs and 2 very young kids, but then the life of a footballer means you move at the most unexpected times.  I really like the lad, so much so it would be great to see him get a top pay day at his age for the benefit of the family.

 

Smith to Stoke for the defender and keeper in a permanent swap - two players he knows very well.

 

Its all gone quiet on the £1.5M for Hicky and loaned back.

 

Bobby

White

Damour

McLean

Whelan

Uche

Wighton

Berra maybe?

 

With Berra - Souttar Halkett and Lindsay maybe coming in, if Smith stays he can play there.

 

Really looking forward to the youth being developed better and getting a chance.

 

 

Edited by Armageddon
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
Just now, sadj said:


Was better today , more commanding , no cocks ups with lack of confidence in the defence either. Couldnt do much about the goal

Not seen it on tv yet, did seem to be a bit too far to his side. The modern way is to stand in the middle of the goals, as Neuer does. He did have his best game for us today though. Defence looked a lot better today, time for Berra to warm the bench and wind down his career to a halt in the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

I think the 8 leaving will be:

 

Bobby

Smith (to Stoke)

Hickey (back on loan)

White

Mulraney

Wighton

Naismith (Killie manager)

Whelanpish

 

 

In:

 

The 4 Stoke players

Boyce

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Castle rock said:

Absolutely love these threads


I do but will turn into a bitchfest soon enough

 

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Smith left the pitch last and looked a bit emotional (or just knackered as he put in a shift?) Last game perhaps?

 

Pure guess work but I can see him going to Stoke and they will offer us Lindsay + a fee in return on a permanent deal.

They will then also loan us their backup keeper Davies and Diouf on loan.

 

 

After weeks of antipathy he maybe just genuinely appreciated and was taken back by the crowd giving the lads a decent and rousing reception. He cares and seems like the sort of person that would appreciate that and with what we are going through it might just have got to him

 

1 hour ago, Henroddy said:

I cant see many of today's team being moved on. I'd have thought those not in today's starting 11 (plus poss bench) more likely to be not in his plans (Whelan, White, McLean, Walker, Berra, Mulraney, Wighton)


Depends if we need to generate cash.

 

I agree that, for example, Smith could earn us a pretty penny and maybe allow us to get two players in. The problem is he is such a key player he would need replaced.

 

I think I can see a role for Lee in a Stendel team - not certain but he can pick a forward pass.

 

I also think I can see maybe more game time for some other recalled loans - Cochrane, MacDonald, Moore and maybe Hamilton in addition to Henderson. We can’t rely on a team half full of teenagers to save us from relegation but equally rotating them will bring both energy and also capability to play to Stendel’s style.

 

So we might bring 5 new players in but we might also gain the equivalent of 3 or so new players from recalled loans.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 hour ago, Australis...... said:

So many of the gutless lazy trash are on long term contracts, it will be hard to move them on.


TBF I didn’t see any gutless lazy trash on the park today!

Link to post
Share on other sites
The White Cockade

8 possibly going?

Nobody will go unless someone else wants them and if they are as garbage as suggested on here who would want them?

I don’t doubt Daz has a source but I doubt even Daniel Stendel knows how many will come and go so 8 and 5 is just a guess by somebody

Hopefully a couple of good signings and we get rid of some of the deadwood but we will have to wait and see

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

 

 

Brandon? A player who has improved under the new manager. Can run, won't be on a big wage. No danger he will leave. Another who could improve.

 

 

 

Agreed. Brandon looked bang up for it til he got taken off injured in his last game. Be very surprised if DS discards many of the youngsters, believe he tends to make them a mainstay if he can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the current loans, in particular Bobby Burns and Olly Lee. Can see them going permanently.

 

The youngsters (McDonald, Smith, Cochrane, Hamilton) to come back and do well under Stendel.

 

Whelan, Mulraney, Zlamal, White, Wighton to go hopefully. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Martin said:

Hopefully Mulraney, White, Zlamal, MacLean, Wighton, Whelan and Damour. Brandon and Morrison can go too as they have shown very little and Periera can go back to Man U especially if we are likely to sign the keeper from Stoke. 

 

If Hickey signs for Man City, as long as we get him back on loan, that's 11 players and we aren't weaker with any of them leaving.

your right all off the above can GTF and the goal coach and the rest of the dead wood shit coaching staff but keep Hickey :rifle:

Link to post
Share on other sites
RustyRightPeg
3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

 8 players likely to leave.

 

5 new signings is the target at the moment.

 

Sounds good.

 

Hope 2 or 3 of the incoming deals are done within the first week of the window so he has time during the break to integrate them.

 

Outgoings I'm hoping the same so theres' no more negativity or deadwood floating around.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

 I don't know if DS wants Lee but Gillingham fans are desperate for their club to make the loan permanent. We could get a pretty reasonable fee for him to go into our transfer kitty.

We are an easy club to deal with, we usually just let players walk for nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
tartofmidlothian

This thread will hit 50 pages, any advance?

 

For those of us not hammering every thread daily, who's already rumoured as possible signings? Liam Lindsay, who else?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Henroddy said:

Have I missed something? Someone suggests a rumour/guess/wish then people take it as gospel? Naismith out? WTF?

Naismith will leave.

 

Be honest, this season, would he really be missed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Future's Maroon
47 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

 

Smith is currently driving to his house in Bath/Bristol, he is really settled in Kirkliston with the Mrs and 2 very young kids, but then the life of a footballer means you move at the most unexpected times.  

31 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree that, for example, Smith could earn us a pretty penny and maybe allow us to get two players in. The problem is he is such a key player he would need replaced.

 I personally think he should be made club captain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I noticed Kane Hemmings playing for them, Stendel will know of him and a wee swap or cash plus Wighton might be an idea.

Not done much since he left Dundee or back up here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Not done much since he left Dundee or back up here.

Yeah just checked the stats, strange one but playing beside Greg Stewart obviously helped.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's just no way that there's finance for another 4 or 5 addition's to an already large squad, so I just hope half a dozen already have their bags packed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

What about the current loans, in particular Bobby Burns and Olly Lee. Can see them going permanently.

 

The youngsters (McDonald, Smith, Cochrane, Hamilton) to come back and do well under Stendel.

 

Whelan, Mulraney, Zlamal, White, Wighton to go hopefully. 

 

I'd like to see Burns back. Young, energetic, intelligent means he could fit the Stendel approach. Lee's too slow for that game.

 

Whelan is obviously off and good riddance after what's emerged about his attitude. It was interesting to read how he refused to do media duties for us. Almost seemed embarrassed to be here. Get rid. McLean will be away and which ever the goalies has the shortest contract and costs the most. I've gone from being a fan of Mulraney to wanting him out in the space of a couple of games. He's probably away.

 

I think White and Wighton might get more chances as their attitude seems fine and they're both very cheap. 

 

I'm impressed by how Stendel has given chances to as many players as possible. He only seems to need 1 or 2 games to assess how up for it they are.

 

Weren't we linked with Lyndon Dykes a while back (to much derision from the "experts" on here). That ship might have sailed though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...