• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Coburg Hearts
33 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

obviously the relationship between Stendel and the board broke down towards the end, but you have to do what’s best for the club, selling you fringe players, is a no brainier, as is loaning you up and coming youngsters. 

The reason Stendel was appointed BFC head coach in the first place, is because the board believed he could get the team playing the style of football we want to play, and that he could develop young players into better players, no matter what’s happened since he proved he could do what they wanted him to do. And even though he’s now Hearts head coach we could still use him to develop our youngsters if we wanted to, and I can’t see why we wouldn’t. 

I like your logical thinking.

LarrysRightFoot
48 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

obviously the relationship between Stendel and the board broke down towards the end, but you have to do what’s best for the club, selling you fringe players, is a no brainier, as is loaning you up and coming youngsters. 

The reason Stendel was appointed BFC head coach in the first place, is because the board believed he could get the team playing the style of football we want to play, and that he could develop young players into better players, no matter what’s happened since he proved he could do what they wanted him to do. And even though he’s now Hearts head coach we could still use him to develop our youngsters if we wanted to, and I can’t see why we wouldn’t. 

Their owner/chairman whatever he is doesn’t sound logical. I’m sure we would have had Stendel’s assistants in already if he didn’t hold grudges.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-stendel-fears-hearts-transfer-21190556

Daniel Stendel admits he has a job on his hands convincing players to sign for Hearts in January with them languishing at the foot of the league.

The German need new players if he is to start properly implementing his ideas and get the Jambos moving towards Premiership safety.

To add new faces, he has to get bodies out the door.

But Stendel will also have to convince potential new recruits that they aren’t joining a sinking ship and ask them to look beyond the club’s position in the table, five points from safety.

”I have some ideas but, in the end, it’s not always my decision,” he said.

“Our club has to decide, the other club has to decide, money decides and the player himself has to decide to come.

“I hope I can convince someone to come and join this club.

“If you don’t know Scottish football and the league, and you just look at the table, it’s not so easy to be convinced.

“You try telling someone to come to the team at the bottom of the league – but explain that we’re so much better than that. It’s difficult.

“But I will do it.

“The goal at the moment is to stabilise our team and to win games.

“We talk a bit about going higher in the table but, after my first five games, we just need to get some wins.

“Then we can look in the summer for new things. At the moment, we need things to help us immediately – and turn things around over the next four months.

Stendel also wants to raise the standards of professionalism within the football department at Hearts.

Since arriving, the 45-year-old admits he’s been impressed with the calibre of people he’s encountered working in various roles across the organisation, but wants to ensure that’s the rule rather than the exception when it comes to the football side of things.

“At the moment we try to get all the sports side of the club together,” he explained.

“A lot of things have changed at this club, especially on the sports side. It’s not only the manager but a lot of things around the team.

“When we achieve the same level across this side of things, we will have a really, really good club – and a really good team.

‘We need to improve our sports side. For me, that is everything on the pitch, on the training pitch, here at Oriam.

“We try to bring more professionalism to this club on the sports side.

“When I talk with Ann and other people on the administration side of the club, you can see how they work in the boardroom, it’s so professional.

0_19749370.jpg
Edited by CJGJ

14 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Their owner/chairman whatever he is doesn’t sound logical. I’m sure we would have had Stendel’s assistants in already if he didn’t hold grudges.

Its all about money, and squeezing every penny out of every opportunity, if we can demand money for people we don’t want anymore we will, if we can use someone to increase the value of our youngsters by developing them into better players, and maybe even pay us for the privilege of doing so, you bet ya our chairman is going to, the fat fu’cker would probably carry them up to Edinburgh for you. 

14 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Its all about money, and squeezing every penny out of every opportunity, if we can demand money for people we don’t want anymore we will, if we can use someone to increase the value of our youngsters by developing them into better players, and maybe even pay us for the privilege of doing so, you bet ya our chairman is going to, the fat fu’cker would probably carry them up to Edinburgh for you. 

To be fair, Hearts do the same thing with our youngsters.

11 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Stendel oot!!!

:D

He's probably on the lash at the hogmanay celebrations.  No excuse though.  Drunk stendel oot! 

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-stendel-fears-hearts-transfer-21190556

Daniel Stendel admits he has a job on his hands convincing players to sign for Hearts in January with them languishing at the foot of the league.

The German need new players if he is to start properly implementing his ideas and get the Jambos moving towards Premiership safety.

But Stendel will also have to convince potential new recruits that they aren’t joining a sinking ship and ask them to look beyond the club’s position in the table, five points from safety.

“Our club has to decide, the other club has to decide, money decides and the player himself has to decide to come.

“If you don’t know Scottish football and the league, and you just look at the table, it’s not so easy to be convinced.

“You try telling someone to come to the team at the bottom of the league – but explain that we’re so much better than that. It’s difficult.

“But I will do it.

“We talk a bit about going higher in the table but, after my first five games, we just need to get some wins.

“Then we can look in the summer for new things. At the moment, we need things to help us immediately – and turn things around over the next four months.

Stendel also wants to raise the standards of professionalism within the football department at Hearts.

Since arriving, the 45-year-old admits he’s been impressed with the calibre of people he’s encountered working in various roles across the organisation, but wants to ensure that’s the rule rather than the exception when it comes to the football side of things.

“At the moment we try to get all the sports side of the club together,” he explained.

“A lot of things have changed at this club, especially on the sports side. It’s not only the manager but a lot of things around the team.

“When we achieve the same level across this side of things, we will have a really, really good club – and a really good team.

‘We need to improve our sports side. For me, that is everything on the pitch, on the training pitch, here at Oriam.

“When I talk with Ann and other people on the administration side of the club, you can see how they work in the boardroom, it’s so professional.

0_19749370.jpg

How refreshing is the guys honesty.He is different class.

I heard a boy in the pub, who got a text from his mates brother, who kens somebody who's ITK that... 

Oh wait, naw ah didnae, I'm talkin' pish.

6 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

With the court case over Stendel to come I cannot Barnsley dealing with us. Just my opinion of course.

What court case?

5 hours ago, Barack said:

He pretty much is saying what Billy Davies said 2 year ago the whole football side of things needed changed.

5 hours ago, Barack said:

That article should pretty much shut all the Craig Levein backers up!!

shambolic state of the football side of the club.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

He pretty much is saying what Billy Davies said 2 year ago the whole football side of things needed changed.

then we had people on here slagging Billy Davis off :balmoral:

LarrysRightFoot
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

What court case?

Are Barnsley not taking us to court over appointing Stendel?

GorgieRules22

I think you only have to look at the fitness of some of the players to realise how poor the football side has been run.

How long do the players get off? Would imagine Daniel is back in Germany for the next few days at least 

Can't see us signing anyone till Monday 

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

How long do the players get off? Would imagine Daniel is back in Germany for the next few days at least 

Can't see us signing anyone till Monday 

Would expect them to be back in on Friday for a fitness blast.

Failing that, will probably be Monday.

11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

“But I will do it.

0_19749370.jpg

Sounds like he's come into an utter shambles on the footballing side of things . 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Sounds like he's come into an utter shambles on the footballing side of things . 

Not so long ago Mrs Budge herself said levein wasn't organised but she still let it continue 

32 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Would expect them to be back in on Friday for a fitness blast.

Failing that, will probably be Monday.

Berra gets married on Friday so most of them will be out on the town 

9 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

How refreshing is the guys honesty.He is different class.

He’s not ******* about either, which is fantastic. We ain’t got time for that

51 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

At the AGM Mrs Budge stated that Barnsley were 'Flying a kite'. 

In other words, they were feckin at it.

Like an ex bird who wont let you go and keeps phoning you at all hours

Their chairman sounds a right clown 

Possibly the first in the door

Dale Tonges Twitter

👋🏻 2019, feeling very grateful.. it’s been an absolute pleasure!!
Looking forward to new opportunities coming this year 🙌🏻 instagram.com/p/B6weiYGFps6A…

MarkyMark 1874
14 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

got a text from an unknown person from an unknown number who was told in an unnamed pub by an unnamed guy..think thats how it works on here 🤣

Really ? Wow, must be 100% reliable, then, eh ? 😂😂😂😂

MarkyMark 1874
51 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He sure does. Barnsley were told to contact our Lawyers and Hearts have heard diddly squat. 

Typical Yank owner. All flair and nae substance. 

Mind you they are probably playing hardball with Stendel's assistants who are contracted until the end of the season and on gardening leave. 

We will see what transpires.

Would a "business man" keep 2 guys on gardening leave pay their wages for 6 or so months instead of get rid and save that outlay, especially when the positions are already filled and DS's assistants are surplus to requirements. Doesn't make good business sense to do this, just to prove a point, is he really that spiteful ? 

4 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

then we had people on here slagging Billy Davis off :balmoral:

Because he’s a ****. He might have been right but he’s still a smarmy wee ****! 😀

5 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Liam Boyce reported in EEN, would be a decent signing.

Would be delighted with him. Knows where goals are. Knows the league. Ideal

16 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Or Elliot Simões on loan. 

I doubt that. Simoes has been on the subs bench quite often recently More likely Thiam surely? 

Tennant's  6's
21 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

Lindsay and Boyce would be an ideal start to the Stendal era

Definitely.  Guys that would go straight into the team & make an impact. 

The other players linked to us from Stoke would fo likewise. 

Wouldn't mind loaning out guys on longer contracts like Walker & wighton to take a chance on younger players like nisbet, whod likely bust a gut when given the chance to ay for Hearts. 

Boyce would be a good signing imo. If we can clear out around half our squad and bring in 4 good players it could make a difference.

4 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Are Barnsley not taking us to court over appointing Stendel?

Not that I’ve heard. Ann said at the AGM that nothing but noise had happened. 

1 hour ago, MarkyMark 1874 said:

Would a "business man" keep 2 guys on gardening leave pay their wages for 6 or so months instead of get rid and save that outlay, especially when the positions are already filled and DS's assistants are surplus to requirements. Doesn't make good business sense to do this, just to prove a point, is he really that spiteful ? 

I would venture to suggest that if Stendels' coaches' positions have been filled(other than on a temporary basis)  they have been constructively dismissed.

Maybe AB not willing to take a chance at an Employment Tribunal.