The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Kieron has been getting watched by loads of clubs including quite a few from Championship and Prem down south. Nothing is in place for first dibs.

The thing with Kieron is he’s close to his family and friends who’ve always been his support.  Reckon he will look for next move to stay close to home. 

He’s good pals with a couple Hearts players so may go in our favour. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

29 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

A couple of different people have hinted at a Norwegian being next in.

Was thinking it might be Emil Hansson who’s Swedish/Norwegian and on the books of Hannover 96 who was linked earlier in this thread, but he’s went on loan to RKC Waalwijk on Wednesday so not him. IF there is any signing from Norway there’s not been one mention of him here and I have to say although I appreciate ITK tidbits I do love transfers coming out of nowhere.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

After signing Boyce we’re not Under Pressure to get a striker but more Changes to come during this window. Who knows he could end up being one of our Heroes or one of our Pin-Ups at least. 

Apparently we're offering him a long term contract.  5 years, what  a surprise!

4 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

I was told last summer that we were closely watching Kieran Bowie at Raith and may even have put something in place in order to get first dibs on him. Think we waited to see how he developed this season. That’s 10 goals in 26 appearances for him now. Not bad for a 17 year old 👍🏻

"Watch that man" could rise to "fame" and could be a "future legend" at the club.

2 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

Re Bowie I think I’ve posted his before but he was recommended to Hearts about 3/4 years ago while playing for Glenrothes Strollers. Unfortunately we didn’t pursue it at the time. 

Imagine not getting the 14 year old tied up back then eh 😜😝😛 what were we thinking 🙄

5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A lot depends on whether we can move players on, but I'm hearing if we can get players out the door between 2/4 players coming in. 

Like Daza has said more to come, that would put us up to 5 for this window, but I'm hearing if we can ship players out definitely more to come in. 

2 more is definitely the target for now with the view of getting players out, and freeing up wages to get 2 more on top of the orignal target. 

Still targeting pre contracts for the summer, incase the deadwood that isn't required doesn't move on. 

Positions we are targeting for the two they definitely want in just now are, another wide/creative player,and a central midfield player, Sibbick can play a variety of positions so gives us cover. 

As we all know though plans can change 👍🇱🇻

If Berra leaves they will try to get a centre half in, and just to be greedy if both Uche and McLean leave, one more striker will be targeted 👍🇱🇻

A lot could depend on players moving out. 

Stendel is still wanting a keeper but may have to wait until the summer to get one😉

Before anyone has a go not everything comes off plans change cheers. 

As I said earlier I will tell everyone about the goalkeeper situation, and a players name Stendel put forward while he was at Barnsley but didn't come off, but ended up bringing in tried and trusted Radlinger, the name was also mentioned at us but nothing came to it so far later on. 

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

Currently plays in the same team as a former Scottish cup winner 😉

10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The goalkeeper situation, I see people have been saying Gordon is coming back to us etc etc. 

They aren't wrong that Craigs agent and Craig himself is very keen on a move back to us, but Stendel is looking for a sweeper keeper. 

Davies was suited to playing this way in league 1 at Barnsley started attacks fast by throwing the ball out quickly etc etc. 

There was a keeper I was told we were interested in but nothing came to it i will come back to this later and add more. 

Cheers Bongo 1874. 

^

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Signed a two year deal just last summer with Suso’s team. Not sure how plausible he would be in the summer unless he’s got a Haring style release clause for non-promotion. Or indeed a relegation clause as Tenerife are kinda struggling in the 2nd tier.

3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Press Quote "There were problems with the deal, because an English League One side came in yesterday and matched the fee, while offering the player better terms than he could get at Hearts.

But he chose Hearts" 

Sunderland again?

17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

^

Nothing came of it so far... is it still a possibility this window or in the summer?

He certainly looks like a great sweeper keeper... what is he like at stopping shots and catching crosses?

Edit: just watched the third video which shows him making a lot of instinctive point blank saves. Didn't see any crosses though!

Again, thanks for sharing the info. It's great to get some insight into the kind of players we are looking at even if it never actually happens.

Edited by gnasher75

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Boris said:

Wood.

No apparently there is something in this a Norwegian friend told me last night over a load of drinks In fact we talked until two and then she said it’s time for bed.  

rudi must stay

Sweeper Keeper

An overused phrase. It simply means a keeper that's good with his feet, you'd hope they all are. Today's gimmick and not essential to a successful team, one that keeps the ball out the net is.

Anyway all these continental ideas have got us in trouble before 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Sweeper Keeper

An overused phrase. It simply means a keeper that's good with his feet, you'd hope they all are. Today's gimmick and not essential to a successful team, one that keeps the ball out the net is.

Anyway all these continental ideas have got us in trouble before 

It's absolutely essential in modern football that the keeper can distribute, read the game and make the correct decisions when to sweep and when not to. 

Traditional, hoof it up the park keepers should be consigned to history. 

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's absolutely essential in modern football that the keeper can distribute, read the game and make the correct decisions when to sweep and when not to. 

Traditional, hoof it up the park keepers should be consigned to history. 

Don't think they work in this league sweeper keepers, our league doesn't work like that. 4-4-2 a commanding centre back that's what you want. It's like defensive mid Infront on the defence, Whelan did that, teams loved it. A keeper with quick distribution and a quick winger, that's what you want. Look at Bain and Celtic. You get rewards from that in a match

Edited by rudi must stay

14 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

With the reported interest in Berra from Dundee and Queen of the South there may be more scope shortly for incoming deals

They'll. be luck if either of them could afford 25% of Berras wage circa 1k 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

^

Were the quotes I heard Tommy Wright had made to/about Berra accurate. Cant stand that ***** as it is but even thats a new low for him

Edited by sadj

22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

With the reported interest in Berra from Dundee and Queen of the South there may be more scope shortly for incoming deals

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Dundee will still be able to pay better wages than some , they had the 6th biggest budget last year iirc

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Are you saying we tried to get him this window but failed or that we are interested in him now. Bit confused from the post you quoted.

21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You imagine that if Berra wants to play longer and accepts he wont get as good a wage that Dundee would be a good move for him. Also keeps him closer to Edinburgh for his daughter (which I understand was a reason he came to us in the first place.)

How to spin a transfer story to make it appear good news and to make the player look good....yes old firm content

The Record spins Defoe's new deal as if he is taking a 65% pay cut NEXT SEASON telling us as if it was a fact he would get the same deal when his contract ends in the Summer of 2020

He has his deal with Bournemouth until June 2020 when his contract expires and he would not get the same deal indeed any deal from them next season so how can he take a pay cut when he had no deal for 20/21.

Why not say Defoe agrees deal with Rangers for next season without the pay cut spin.

10 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Berra is a millionaire so he might be quite happy to just be playing football. Having said that, his wish was to finish his career at Hearts so maybe he will just retire 

25 minutes ago, sadj said:

Were the quotes I heard Tommy Wright had made to/about Berra accurate. Cant stand that ***** as it is but even thats a new low for him

What did he say?

34 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

How to spin a transfer story to make it appear good news and to make the player look good....yes old firm content

The Record spins Defoe's new deal as if he is taking a 65% pay cut NEXT SEASON telling us as if it was a fact he would get the same deal when his contract ends in the Summer of 2020

He has his deal with Bournemouth until June 2020 when his contract expires and he would not get the same deal indeed any deal from them next season so how can he take a pay cut when he had no deal for 20/21.

Why not say Defoe agrees deal with Rangers for next season without the pay cut spin.

Surely he keeps his options open rather than signing any pre contract deal with Sevco. 

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Don't think they work in this league sweeper keepers, our league doesn't work like that. 4-4-2 a commanding centre back that's what you want. It's like defensive mid Infront on the defence, Whelan did that, teams loved it. A keeper with quick distribution and a quick winger, that's what you want. Look at Bain and Celtic. You get rewards from that in a match

I’m kinda tired of the “it won’t work in this league” trope. I like leagues that have identities but in Scotland ours seems to be an identity of stubbornness and refusal to change. Our differences from continental leagues have saw us fall behind when it comes to modern tactics, analysis, training methods and fitness. We have leagues full of wee hard men booting players off pitches, hoofing the ball up the park and off the field getting their cheeky wee Nandos and resting on their laurels. Scotland as a footballing nation has now been in decline for decades and when managers like Stendel come in with a new idea they get demonised by the jobs for the boys Scottish media while troglodytes like Tommy Wright get all the praise.

57 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m kinda tired of the “it won’t work in this league” trope. I like leagues that have identities but in Scotland ours seems to be an identity of stubbornness and refusal to change. Our differences from continental leagues have saw us fall behind when it comes to modern tactics, analysis, training methods and fitness. We have leagues full of wee hard men booting players off pitches, hoofing the ball up the park and off the field getting their cheeky wee Nandos and resting on their laurels. Scotland as a footballing nation has now been in decline for decades and when managers like Stendel come in with a new idea they get demonised by the jobs for the boys Scottish media while troglodytes like Tommy Wright get all the praise.

Good post 👍. Let the Stendal revolution commence. 

7 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Any french speaking Hearts fans able to roughly translate what David Milinkovic has put on his Instagram story?

Qu'es que il a dit? dont have insta but I can try if I see it

9 hours ago, rmreido said:

"Watch that man" could rise to "fame" and could be a "future legend" at the club.

Could be a real Star, man!

38 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Any french speaking Hearts fans able to roughly translate what David Milinkovic has put on his Instagram story?

Screenshot_20200126-075940.jpg

6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He's just bigging up his stats from his time here. Nothing particularly interesting.

Says he was in the top 3 for making key passes, passes that led to a shot on goal. Surprised by that but he could certainly pick a pass.

Head and shoulders above other hearts players in terms of creativity that season.

Edited by cameron79
Typo

17 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

Ah the blue bits his I take it? That says 'if God wants we can do it again even better' or such like.

Wonder what he would be like without Levein stifling him

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Wonder what he would be like without Levein stifling him

I'd certainly take him back to see what he could do under Stendel. He could be the creative spark 

3 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

I'd certainly take him back to see what he could do under Stendel. He could be the creative spark 

Him and Donis on the wings with Naismith in the middle and Boyce up top would be good in a 4231.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Milinkovic is dynamite at our Level. I think I'd spontaneously combust if he signed.

Anyone that doesn't think he was great for us should follow Levein to Dunfermline or wherever else he may end up.

8 hours ago, andrew said:

What did he say?

I heard he told Berra to come to St J for six months and then go back to Hearts and finish his career here as Stendel would have failed and been sacked by then. Take it you heard similar @sadj?

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Him and Donis on the wings with Naismith in the middle and Boyce up top would be good in a 4231.

With Meshi and Washington as back up. Oh the optshuuns!! The days of mclean, wighton and mulraney would be a distant memory. Slow burner but I'm liking this window, a lot

south morocco

Any news on the outs? Personally like to see Doyle, White, Morrison, even Uche, and McLean moved out before the window slams shut 

Edited by south morocco

Ainsley Harriott
16 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A lot depends on whether we can move players on, but I'm hearing if we can get players out the door between 2/4 players coming in. 

Like Daza has said more to come, that would put us up to 5 for this window, but I'm hearing if we can ship players out definitely more to come in. 

2 more is definitely the target for now with the view of getting players out, and freeing up wages to get 2 more on top of the orignal target. 

Still targeting pre contracts for the summer, incase the deadwood that isn't required doesn't move on. 

Positions we are targeting for the two they definitely want in just now are, another wide/creative player,and a central midfield player, Sibbick can play a variety of positions so gives us cover. 

As we all know though plans can change 👍🇱🇻

If Berra leaves they will try to get a centre half in, and just to be greedy if both Uche and McLean leave, one more striker will be targeted 👍🇱🇻

A lot could depend on players moving out. 

Stendel is still wanting a keeper but may have to wait until the summer to get one😉

Before anyone has a go not everything comes off plans change cheers. 

As I said earlier I will tell everyone about the goalkeeper situation, and a players name Stendel put forward while he was at Barnsley but didn't come off, but ended up bringing in tried and trusted Radlinger, the name was also mentioned at us but nothing came to it so far later on. 

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

I'm pretty sure the evening news ran an article a couple of weeks back saying our priorities were a striker, 2 wingers and defence mid and possibly a goal keeper so would back up what they were saying