The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Patrick Weihrauch & Marc Stendera are interesting names but both are attacking players and I don't know if we require many more in those areas. If we are, Jamie Walker will be way way down the pecking order. 

I'd have suspected that Centerhalf and Central Midfield were the two areas needing strengthening. 

Obviously we need a quality keeper but that's a difficult position to find in January but no doubt we'll be looking. 

Jamie Walker could be going on loan

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

millerjames398
49 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Natural fit, pretty sure he lived in the area when Dunfermline Abbey was being built 

😂😂👏🏼🇱🇻

7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Wouldn’t mind this. Unlike Ikpeazu who I don’t want to see go.

24 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Levein I can understand as he is a useless manager anyway but Stendel? Possibly had no other options and now that Boyce is here, he will get rid 

MacLean is , obviously , veteran+ stage but Stendel actually picked him out for praise . Other managers have rated him .

Which was my point as most of us don't fancy him . Think he does more than we realise .

Anyway , academic point , he'll be away shortly 

25 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I was told last summer that we were closely watching Kieran Bowie at Raith and may even have put something in place in order to get first dibs on him. Think we waited to see how he developed this season. That’s 10 goals in 26 appearances for him now. Not bad for a 17 year old 👍🏻

A was told levein had that deal just about done for him to sign for us but then was sacked and deal obviously hasn’t went through. Could still be on our radar though

2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

MacLean is , obviously , veteran+ stage but Stendel actually picked him out for praise . Other managers have rated him .

Which was my point as most of us don't fancy him . Think he does more than we realise .

Anyway , academic point , he'll be away shortly 

Sorry mate I wasn't disagreeing with you. Hopefully away soon 👍

9 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

A was told levein had that deal just about done for him to sign for us but then was sacked and deal obviously hasn’t went through. Could still be on our radar though

7EFE7668-8410-4851-81C5-18C9672B7D8D.thumb.jpeg.06df74edfa9503726cafa8b50bf536f8.jpeg

39E6039D-CF1E-448A-9AD8-8447E9E25159.jpeg.dd837be3365c83de79a967b1365e13e8.jpeg

Not sure what will happen with it. Will be up to Stendel now I guess 👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A lot depends on whether we can move players on, but I'm hearing if we can get players out the door between 2/4 players coming in. 

Like Daza has said more to come, that would put us up to 5 for this window, but I'm hearing if we can ship players out definitely more to come in. 

2 more is definitely the target for now with the view of getting players out, and freeing up wages to get 2 more on top of the orignal target. 

Still targeting pre contracts for the summer, incase the deadwood that isn't required doesn't move on. 

Positions we are targeting for the two they definitely want in just now are, another wide/creative player,and a central midfield player, Sibbick can play a variety of positions so gives us cover. 

As we all know though plans can change 👍🇱🇻

If Berra leaves they will try to get a centre half in, and just to be greedy if both Uche and McLean leave, one more striker will be targeted 👍🇱🇻

A lot could depend on players moving out. 

Stendel is still wanting a keeper but may have to wait until the summer to get one😉

Before anyone has a go not everything comes off plans change cheers. 

As I said earlier I will tell everyone about the goalkeeper situation, and a players name Stendel put forward while he was at Barnsley but didn't come off, but ended up bringing in tried and trusted Radlinger, the name was also mentioned at us but nothing came to it so far later on. 

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

Meanwhile CL AM and CB draw another weeks wage out the pot. 2 PHM you say? Gutting 

Byyy The Light
39 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I was told last summer that we were closely watching Kieran Bowie at Raith and may even have put something in place in order to get first dibs on him. Think we waited to see how he developed this season. That’s 10 goals in 26 appearances for him now. Not bad for a 17 year old 👍🏻

Kieron has been getting watched by loads of clubs including quite a few from Championship and Prem down south. Nothing is in place for first dibs.

The Old Tolbooth
29 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Be better if we could get rid of him for good, just another mistake in a massive list of Levein feck ups who shouldn’t be anywhere near us, a loan deal is a start though to shipping him out 

1 minute ago, PaulHartley10 said:

No Thiam in the Barnsley squad today...a weakened squad at that.

I’d love to see this. Scottish football is too full of little skilled hard men that just ‘fight’ during 90 minutes, would love to see them try it with Thiam - a tank with pace.

alicante jambo
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A lot depends on whether we can move players on, but I'm hearing if we can get players out the door between 2/4 players coming in. 

Like Daza has said more to come, that would put us up to 5 for this window, but I'm hearing if we can ship players out definitely more to come in. 

2 more is definitely the target for now with the view of getting players out, and freeing up wages to get 2 more on top of the orignal target. 

Still targeting pre contracts for the summer, incase the deadwood that isn't required doesn't move on. 

Positions we are targeting for the two they definitely want in just now are, another wide/creative player,and a central midfield player, Sibbick can play a variety of positions so gives us cover. 

If Berra leaves they will try to get a centre half in, and just to be greedy if both Uche and McLean leave, one more striker will be targeted 👍🇱🇻

Stendel is still wanting a keeper but may have to wait until the summer to get one😉

As I said earlier I will tell everyone about the goalkeeper situation, and a players name Stendel put forward while he was at Barnsley but didn't come off, but ended up bringing in tried and trusted Radlinger, the name was also mentioned at us but nothing came to it so far later on. 

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

Tell you what mate your posts are much appreciated. Top man or girl.

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

Good to hear, all sounds very positive, let's hope they can convince a few that there best option is to move on for there careers and not stay just to top up there bank balance

15 minutes ago, pobster22 said:

Do we know if Boyce is got the all clear to play tomorrow?

Cheers

We've not been told otherwise and he's spoken about being ready to go tomorrow

SFA offices are opening Sat and Sun mornings during the transfer window, as Celtic have demonstrated in the past

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

Cheers Bongo 👍

Captain Canada

Great to hear there may be more new signings next week. There's definitely a few more that need shipped out so hopefully that can happen and we can get another winger, striker, keeper and centre mid. I'm not asking for much! 

If Berra, MacLean, Doyle, Uche and Damour all left, our squad wouldn't be any weaker. We've also currently got three options in both fullback positions without Brandon, so I think he might leave to get game time. 

Edited by Captain Canada

pettigrewsstylist

Press Quote "There were problems with the deal, because an English League One side came in yesterday and matched the fee, while offering the player better terms than he could get at Hearts.

But he chose Hearts" 

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Kieron has been getting watched by loads of clubs including quite a few from Championship and Prem down south. Nothing is in place for first dibs.

Cheers mate. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

I have no ITK knowledge whatsoever but a random Raith fan told me on Wednesday that we were meant to be signing Bowie.

3 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I have no ITK knowledge whatsoever but a random Raith fan told me on Wednesday that we were meant to be signing Bowie.

Couple years down the line he could be our Starman.

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Cheers mate. 👍🏻

Raith are looking for money and a loan back if he goes this window. There’s a couple of bids in already and more will be going in this week. Doesn’t mean Hearts won’t get him but can’t see us paying the necessary fee given we’ve just shelled out for Boyce and the calibre of clubs sniffing about. Not for a 17 year old who’ll be a project. Maybe if we were up the other end of the table it might be a different story. 

32 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Great to hear there may be more new signings next week. There's definitely a few more that need shipped out so hopefully that can happen and we can get another winger, striker, keeper and centre mid. I'm not asking for much! 

If Berra, MacLean, Doyle, Uche and Damour all left, our squad wouldn't be any weaker. We've also currently got three options in both fullback positions without Brandon, so I think he might leave to get game time. 

The main stumbling block for those players will be wages I guess.  However, would be great to clear them from the wage bill.   I would also add in Aidy White and honestly think Jamie Walker is nowhere near the player he promised to be when he was first at Hearts.  Bringing in Nisbet would be a good acquisition now we have Boyce as we would not be as reliant on him to keep us up.  I do like Brandon but if Sibbick has been brought into play as a holding midfielder I guess that could see Smith return to right back.

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

Very much appreciated, your info is top class

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

apparently hibs have been scouting him according to radio Scotland 

We should just outbid them to piss them off like they try to do to us

5 minutes ago, Boris said:

He'd be a lad insane not to sign for our Daniel!

ITK Suffragette City are bidding for him.

7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

ITK Suffragette City are bidding for him.

After signing Boyce we’re not Under Pressure to get a striker but more Changes to come during this window. Who knows he could end up being one of our Heroes or one of our Pin-Ups at least. 

Edited by GinRummy

The_razors_edge

Re Bowie I think I’ve posted his before but he was recommended to Hearts about 3/4 years ago while playing for Glenrothes Strollers. Unfortunately we didn’t pursue it at the time. 

36 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Raith are looking for money and a loan back if he goes this window. There’s a couple of bids in already and more will be going in this week. Doesn’t mean Hearts won’t get him but can’t see us paying the necessary fee given we’ve just shelled out for Boyce and the calibre of clubs sniffing about. Not for a 17 year old who’ll be a project. Maybe if we were up the other end of the table it might be a different story. 

Maybe would have done it if we didn't need Boyce. Not convinced we could afford another similar transfer fee for someone who will essentially be a development player given our current situation. 

8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

A couple of different people have hinted at a Norwegian being next in.

Haaland not getting a start for Dortmund at the moment 

Under the floodlight
13 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

A couple of different people have hinted at a Norwegian being next in.

Blue, beautiful plumage!