Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It didn't. But I do think getting the manager in was more important.

Absolutely.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

He - and now McPhee - now report directly to Budge alongside Stendel. You know that right? Stendel won't be working for him or vice versa. 

It’s his whole presence around the club that bothers me. Hanging around no matter the damage he has done. I’ve nothing against the man personally but my god talk about rewarding incompetence. Good on DS if he can work with him lurking around.

Stampy4England
25 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Sensible decision. It’s all about stability just now and too many changes would be too risky.

you my friend, are clueless.

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m sorry but I’m not happy that that imposter is a) still employed by us and b) now getting this role.

nowt like making us a laughing stock.

He is responsible for putting us in this bloody mess and yet STILL gets a role and wage

after being so happy today I now read this. 
just what does she see in this serial loser ? Sickening .

he better be away in the summer

He has a contract.  That means we have to pay him.  He is not having anything to do woith the first team.

We bring in a sporting director now, it costs.  Maybe, because of your hatred of Levein, you'd be happy chipping in with a few others to pay him off and we could get our new SD?

Nelly Terraces
4 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Pretty hideous that Levein is still being given a platform to have input into what goes on at Hearts.

The morons who defended him to the bitter death, despite it being obvious to all he had created a mess can pretend this is ok but it’s really not.

This. It's becoming an ongoing farce now. Levein & McPhee should have absolutely nothing to do with Hearts any more. I bet they honestly can't believe they've found such a soft touch in Budge.

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Taffin - you do realise the pursuit of DS took weeks and cost us money bringing in his team , letting others go , appointing a SD and bringing in a few players costs money , we aren’t rangers and much as Michael Stewart thinks we are financially in trouble its more just a case of doing these things within our means. Means a bit of patience. Plans change its not like shes lied to you is it.  

I'm not that fussed about the SD. I'm just saying the undoubted flak she'll get for this could be lessened if she didn't have a tendency to say one thing and then not deliver on it. She choose to say what she did regards money not being an issue for compensation and that the SD would be appointed soon. Personally I'd prefer she'd not dropped all those committments. It's always better to under promise and over deliver than vice versa.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

"I'll take as long as it takes to find the right person [as manager]. I'm in no hurry. It's not that we have someone in our sights, despite what some of the media have been saying. I want to go through the process rigorously and thoroughly and explore a lot of avenues. The net will be cast quite wide.

"I'd like to get the sporting director appointment made soon. Any manager who comes in has to come in knowing that there will be a sporting director, possibly in place or certainly to be appointed."

That's not how that reads to me though, that reads that the SD would be in place for the managerial appointment or at least very quickly after. I'm not sure what she's said today constitutes 'soon'.

It doesn't read like that at all. Note she says "I'd like to" not "I will". No promises or commitments here at all. 

The fact that Levein gets to sit down and discuss whether someone might be more suitable for a director role is ludicrous. 

Levein has run the on the pitch aspects of this club into the ground. 

The main annoyance with this is that we had the chance to start fresh here. The most exciting managerial appointment since 2005. Yet we fail to offload the ever failing aspects. I don’t believe for a second that we will actually look for replacements, Budge will likely wait until things settle and hope the issue goes away.

Not good news at all.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

The answer was just along the corridor again. 

:vrface:

What is it folk are finding hard to understand here. We already knew Levein was going to continue with some of his academy work. Budge has just repeated that. Now McPhee will handle some of the transfer red tape stuff (that actually he seems to have been very good at). Would you prefer Levein handle the transfers?

Stampy4England

Levein and MacPhee are a cancer in the club and both need emptied ASAP.

Budge is either losing the plot or simply has no clue what she’s doing.

1 step forward with the manager appointment and 2 steps backwards keeping these two muppets

Edited by Stampy4England

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Orite, so it's exactly as planned then. A lot of folk on here need to get on the medication, likes.

This x 1 million

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

He has a contract.  That means we have to pay him.  He is not having anything to do woith the first team.

We bring in a sporting director now, it costs.  Maybe, because of your hatred of Levein, you'd be happy chipping in with a few others to pay him off and we could get our new SD?

Get it right. I don’t “hate” him.  He’s been nothing but a disaster for us the last few years. Maybe we don’t need a SD until the summer ? 

yes he has a contract, I’m not stupid. But let’s not give him an inch here.

and yes, I’d be more than happy to chip in and pay him off

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, farin said:

He wasn’t sacked. 👍🏻

Sacked as manager, removed from his duties as manager. Put on notice that he'd be leaving at the end of his contract as DoF. You know what I meant. Who are you, the Barnsley chairman?

Edited by ToqueJambo

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yeah his role will be working with the youth structure though. So really its as it was. Hardly worth greeting over. Was enough shite spouted tonight by JJ (who i think was out of order) , McFadden (clueless) etc without every lunatic on here making up more shite

What “shite” did JJ allegedly spout?

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

The fact that Levein gets to sit down and discuss whether someone might be more suitable for a director role is ludicrous. 

The main annoyance with this is that we had the chance to start fresh here. The most exciting managerial appointment since 2005. Yet we fail to offload the ever failing aspects. I don’t believe for a second that we will actually look for replacements, Budge will likely wait until things settle and hope the issue goes away.

Not good news at all.

correct

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I'm not that fussed about the SD. I'm just saying the undoubted flak she'll get for this could be lessened if she didn't have a tendency to say one thing and then not deliver on it. She choose to say what she did regards money not being an issue for compensation and that the SD would be appointed soon. Personally I'd prefer she'd not dropped all those committments. It's always better to under promise and over deliver than vice versa.

money wasnt an issue for compo , doesnt mean you’ll pay it if its not needed. She does speak in a very committed a to b way which as we all know doesnt always work in football. I think everyone with some intelligence knows the current structure is not set in place aside from DS and the rest will be tweaked/changed over the next few months. The Barnsley issue is causing problems for his assistants. You cant just bin everyone and leave him to work on his own. Itll smooth itself over. The meltdown over a clickbait headline is usual JKB pant pissing (not referring to you here)

Is Ann Budge Theresa May in disguise?

Strong and stable.

Levein Leaving but not really.

Sacked but then in charge.

FFS, Ann.

Not good news at all.

she didn't say he got to discuss it though

julienbrellier

Can people please read the article before getting themselves in a state over this. Clickbait headline.

We have made the main change and Levein will be gone forever end of the season. That will do me.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Get it right. I don’t “hate” him.  He’s been nothing but a disaster for us the last few years. Maybe we don’t need a SD until the summer ? 

yes he has a contract, I’m not stupid. But let’s not give him an inch here.

and yes, I’d be more than happy to chip in and pay him off

Two packets of crisps and a tub of Smarties won't hack it.

He's working his notice in an area where he has contributed.

Cue all the "special" people arriving at the forum.

You’ve already arrived! 😉

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It doesn't read like that at all. Note she says "I'd like to" not "I will". No promises or commitments here at all. 

And now it seems she would 'not like to'.

Which I don't have an issue with...things change which causes people to course correct. It's best to do that behind closed doors though. Saying publicly you'd like to do something that's within your gift to do and then a few weeks later saying the opposite isn't usually considered a great leadership trait.

But then again, I'm really pleased with the managerial appointment and not bothered by the article in the OP. 

WheatfieldWarrior

We could have paid out the rest of their contracts, but instead budge has put them to work offloading the dross that they brought in.

32 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Sensible decision. It’s all about stability just now and too many changes would be too risky.

Sensible, really. Poor recruitment has been one of our problems. She will appoint Mcphee as SD and try and find a way to keep Levein.

This dampens the excitement of the arrival of Stendel for me.

9 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Orite, so it's exactly as planned then. A lot of folk on here need to get on the medication, likes.

Aye but “virus”, “loser”, “cancer” etc...

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sacked as manager, removed from his duties as manager. Put on notice that he'd be leaving at the end of his contract as DoF. You know what I meant. Who are you, the Barnsley chairman?

He also resigned as a director of the club on 31/10 according to companies house. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

she didn't say he got to discuss it though

“Austin will be doing part of that job and Craig will be doing another part of it. They could continue in that. If I find somebody I think will be absolutely perfect for taking on what in my mind is the sporting director’s role, then Austin, myself and Craig will have to sit down and talk about it

So Stendel assesses the squad over the next few weeks and discusses with MacPhee what he thinks is needed in January. What then? Is it over to MacPhee to look for the players? What if no one in the NI squad or the Man City loanee list fits the bill?! Will Levein really be kept out of the discussion? 

I reckon Stendel will fairly quickly get frustrated working with his predecessor and the interim manager both still involved. I would keep MacPhee for his analysis of the opposition and set piece stuff (remember that) but Stendel needs an experienced SD to come in from outside the club with a different set of contacts.

Edited by gnasher75
Typo

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

money wasnt an issue for compo , doesnt mean you’ll pay it if its not needed. She does speak in a very committed a to b way which as we all know doesnt always work in football. I think everyone with some intelligence knows the current structure is not set in place aside from DS and the rest will be tweaked/changed over the next few months. The Barnsley issue is causing problems for his assistants. You cant just bin everyone and leave him to work on his own. Itll smooth itself over. The meltdown over a clickbait headline is usual JKB pant pissing (not referring to you here)

I completely agree with what you've written there. I'm not having a go at her for this decision at all. I just think she sometimes doesn't help herself with the 'a to b' style you mention as it can give off the impression that she either isn't sure what she wants when it doesn't happen or that she hasn't been able to deliver on it. It's likely habitual from her previous life where answering definitively off the cuff is the norm and expected...it's probably not the best way to address the football world as people will pick holes in it relentlessly.

Just now, Gorgiewave said:

Great to know MacPhee will still be doing recruitment and stats. It's worked out great so far.

He got us some decent players tbh. Lafferty and Smith have been good signings.

He had a hand in the loan of Meshino too, but we will see with how he turns out

Guest ToqueJambo

And now it seems she would 'not like to'.

Which I don't have an issue with...things change which causes people to course correct. It's best to do that behind closed doors though. Saying publicly you'd like to do something that's within your gift to do and then a few weeks later saying the opposite isn't usually considered a great leadership trait.

But then again, I'm really pleased with the managerial appointment and not bothered by the article in the OP. 

I get what you're saying but really people aren't reading the article. She's saying she's taking time to get an SD, just like she did with a manager.

In the meantime Levein will be doing what she said he'd be doing a month ago, which is nothing to do with the first team. And McPhee will be doing some of what he's already been doing just in a more formal capacity. Someone needs to do it after all. This suggests to me we're planning some transfer activity immediately. It also suggests McPhee will be leaving as otherwise he'd be appointed SD now, unless Stendel and McPhee want to try working together. Which also seems sensible.

Guest ToqueJambo

“Austin will be doing part of that job and Craig will be doing another part of it. They could continue in that. If I find somebody I think will be absolutely perfect for taking on what in my mind is the sporting director’s role, then Austin, myself and Craig will have to sit down and talk about it

Obviously they'll talk about it in that scenario as McPhee and Levein would then potentially have nothing to do or changed duties. Should she inform them by fax? Pigeon?

4 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Great to know MacPhee will still be doing recruitment and stats. It's worked out great so far.

🙈

I completely agree with what you've written there. I'm not having a go at her for this decision at all. I just think she sometimes doesn't help herself with the 'a to b' style you mention as it can give off the impression that she either isn't sure what she wants when it doesn't happen or that she hasn't been able to deliver on it. It's likely habitual from her previous life where answering definitively off the cuff is the norm and expected...it's probably not the best way to address the football world as people will pick holes in it relentlessly.

👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Mort said:

Think about it , she’s not going to sit and say right lads this guys perfect should I replace you two with him? Shes referring to the fact a conversation would need to be had. Its a polite way of saying , if i need to punt them i will

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, farin said:

Don’t take it so personally when someone corrects your wrong post bud .. 😉

He wasn't sacked as manager? Someone should tell Daniel.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I get what you're saying but really people aren't reading the article. She's saying she's taking time to get an SD, just like she did with a manager.

Yeh but I'm not saying there's an issue with that. I'm saying to go from saying "I'd like to do that soon" to "there's no rush, maybe it will happen in the next 6 months" doesn't give off a good impression and invites criticism on herself which by holding her counsel a little more could be avoided. 

In the meantime Levein will be doing what she said he'd be doing a month ago, which is nothing to do with the first team. And McPhee will be doing some of what he's already been doing just in a more formal capacity. Someone needs to do it after all. This suggests to me we're planning some transfer activity immediately. It also suggests McPhee will be leaving as otherwise he'd be appointed SD now, unless Stendel and McPhee want to try working together. Which also seems sensible.

I don't have an issue with the above at all. It's pragmatic and sensible.

SpruceBringsteen
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Aye but “virus”, “loser”, “cancer” etc...

I was seething with Anderson's clickbait shite because I knew it'd suck in brain donor cretins like a brand new Dyson.

Now I'm genuinely looking forward to hearing how Levein, by watching some u14 games, is KILLING OUR CLUB (who lest we forget, have died at least 23 times since Budgment Day according to the ****ing brain trust on here. RIP Heartz ur wif da angles now xxx). :laugh: