Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

Anyone trying to justify, rationalise or contextualise CL remaining at the club in any capacity is a fool! The only reason he remains not only at the club but ‘involved’ i.e. he was “consulted” re the new manager, he showed the new manager around (bizarre) and he may now have a SD role which may or may not involve first team recruitment is due to AB’s weakness!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Did anyone think that Ann Budge looked uncomfortable at the Daniel Stendel press conference. Maybe she was worried that she was going to get questions on Stendel’s two assistants and why he was unable to bring the two of them with him. 
Also could it of been that she was worried about what Stendel might say about the future structure of the football department regarding Levein, McPhee, Daly, Fox ect.

Anyway Ann did look very up tight about something and I’m just speculating as to the reason.

A very cagey performance. I agree.

4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Anyone trying to justify, rationalise or contextualise CL remaining at the club in any capacity is a fool! The only reason he remains not only at the club but ‘involved’ i.e. he was “consulted” re the new manager, he showed the new manager around (bizarre) and he may now have a SD role which may or may not involve first team recruitment is due to AB’s weakness!

That is your opinion not fact.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

How is it conjecture ?

It's conjecture because you dont know the reasons for Stendels assistant not yet arriving at the club. 

Unless of course you can provide another out of context quote that says differently

Just now, JamboAl said:

No I'm not sure.  I inferred she would probably shy away from business sensitive questions and I doubt if she would give too much info re employees' shortcomings, perceived or otherwise, but I'm sure she would explain as much as is reasonable.  We can't ask for any more than that.

We can’t, I agree.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ann-budge-reveals-hearts-sporting-director-duties-will-be-shared-craig-levein-and-austin-macphee-1337875

This part really tells it all for me.

Asked if there will be a quick appointment of a sporting director, Budge replied: “We’ve got some important decisions to make and me bringing in somebody else new to the club, I don’t think that’s the best way of doing it.

You forgot the next part of the quote where she states in the meantime she'll be in the background going over the CV's of potential candidates. 

At least try to provide some context to the quote FFS!!

Just now, jambogemz said:

You forgot the next part of the quote where she states in the meantime she'll be in the background going over the CV's of potential candidates. 

In the background going over CV's of people not new to the club? Seems a bit contradictory no?

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I meant the way to get answers is to ask at the AGM.  You can write all you like on here but you're only going to get other people's opinions not the answers you desperately crave.

After reading AB comments in the EEN  I doubt any answer would give a conclusion to what she plans to do and she is not going to say now that she is going to give the role to AM .

So i take your point however I don't think it is worth asking.

3 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

I attached a link to the whole article and quoted the relevent part to my point.

If she really thinks that there is a potential better candidate out there then why did she say this bit.

I don’t think that’s the best way of doing it.

That is a contradiction in my opinion what do you think?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

In the background going over CV's of people not new to the club? Seems a bit contradictory no?

Its clear she means that she doesn't feel its beneficial to bring someone new in at THIS TIME.

She is however looking at candidates going forward.

Wether you agree with her or not is another debate (not one i am interested in TBH).

My point ia she's not said Levein will be a permanent feature as SD nor has she said he will head up recruitment as some on here would have you believe.

I get people are upset with CL but lets notv spraff utter shite eh!!!!

Its clear she means that she doesn't feel its beneficial to bring someone new in at THIS TIME.

Wether you agree with her or not is another debate (not one i am interested in TBH).

My point ia she's not said Levein will be a permanent feature as SD nor has she said he will head up recruitment as some on here would have you believe.

Craig Levein wil be the next SD of hearts. It's an absolute nap.

32 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Where did I say you had to agree with them ?

Where did I say it was shameful to disagree with them ?

Unbelievable how often people reply to posts without , apparently , having read them

I never said you specifically did it was a generic point.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

After reading AB comments in the EEN  I doubt any answer would give a conclusion to what she plans to do and she is not going to say now that she is going to give the role to AM .

So i take your point however I don't think it is worth asking.

Why do you feel the need to know this?

As i understand it, she is poring over CVs for the SD role and I imagine has 2 (CL and AM) possibilities in house.  Do you want her to tell you now what she is planning or should  she wait until she has come to a final decision?

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I attached a link to the whole article and quoted the relevent part to my point.

If she really thinks that there is a potential better candidate out there then why did she say this bit.

I don’t think that’s the best way of doing it.

That is a contradiction in my opinion what do you think?

You posted half the quote relative to your point as your clearly desperate to believe CL will get the SD job full time.

She quite clearly states she'll be looking at candidates but is in no rush. She obviously doesn't feel its right to bring in someone new at this time.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Craig Levein wil be the next SD of hearts. It's an absolute nap.

Well if thats the case she'll have lied to the whole football community when craig was relieved of his managers duty.

I don't believe that will be the case however.

Just now, JamboAl said:

As i understand it, she is poring over CVs for the SD role and I imagine has 2 (CL and AM) possibilities in house.  Do you want her to tell you now what she is planning or should  she wait until she has come to a final decision?

That’s all I was alluding to re. the AGM.

This issue can’t have a definitive  answer right now.

highlandjambo3
56 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Maybe budge is keeping one eye on the documentary that's currently being made and is trying to spice things up by keeping Levein the panto villain around.

Oh no she isn’t   😂

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And you know this because....?

1 minute ago, jambogemz said:

Well if thats the case she'll have lied to the whole football community when craig was relieved of his managers duty.

I don't believe that will be the case however.

I don't know it. I thought it was obvious that it was just my opinion but to make it clear, that was just my opinion.

Adam_the_legend
19 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Just like she did after after sacking Cathro. Oh, wait...

4 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

You posted half the quote relative to your point as your clearly desperate to believe CL will get the SD job full time.

She quite clearly states she'll be looking at candidates but is in no rush. She obviously doesn't feel its right to bring in someone new at this time.

You are wrong acttually as I think AM iole get the role not CL. I have never suggested that.

I really hope your theory is correct and we will no doubt find out sometime next year.

Adam_the_legend
13 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

She hasn’t ruled it out or said it will be 100% temporary either. It could happen, there really is no debate about that. 

highlandjambo3
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think being asked about a “quick appointment”  and in amongst part if her reply is.....“was not the best way to do it”.  But, it looks likely to happen, thats what I’m picking up from her statement.

Adam_the_legend
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You are wrong acttually as I think AM iole get the role not CL. I have never suggested that.

I really hope your theory is correct and we will no doubt find out sometime next year.

Most likely in my opinion though if AM was to get the NI job (has he ruled himself out for this) then CL would get the SD role. 

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Haven't read through the whole thread, but I think the issue here is how this is being communicated.

We were told on October 31st that Levein had been removed from the Head Coach and Director of Football roles, if the club had said at that point that he will continue to operate as Director of Football, there may have justifiably been some discontent but we would have as a fanbase, probably come to terms with it by now.

It is the apparent reluctance of the club, almost through a sense of embarrassment to confirm that CL still has a direct role at the club that is perhaps causing the frustration.

This is where i'm at.

You could tell Budge's extreme reluctance to remove him from the managers position, which has very much been to our detriment, however it was communicated that he would be removed from both positions. So to wait until the next piece of good news to leave the door open for his return is wrong.

If Budge didn't want to jeopardise Levein's position with the club they both could have recruited another manager after Cathro however she asked for him to step into that role and unfortunately if you don't succeed there shouldn't be any way back.

I just believe that these recent comments have tarnished all the great work she's done in bringing in a manager, which the majority of the fanbase wanted. This was a great opportunity to step away from all the negativity which has been surrounding the club and get the fans back onside however as per the multiple threads and comments on this forum alone with Levein/ coaches being retained it's not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I think being asked about a “quick appointment”  and in amongst part if her reply is.....“was not the best way to do it”.  But, it looks likely to happen, thats what I’m picking up from her statement.

Yeah, I concede, it definitely could have meant that.

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Are you not interested to know who our next SD could be?

I know she is not going to tell me or anybody else what she wants longer term. However I suspect from what she has already said that she seems to think AM is the best candidate. Some seem to think she is only referring to the immediate few months however I am not convinced.

My point being that she is saying what she thinks people want to hear but in fact in my opinion she already knows who her next SD will be.

I am pre-empting her call and I hope I am wrong and I am sure you will be amongst the first to tell me if I am.

It's just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Most likely in my opinion though if AM was to get the NI job (has he ruled himself out for this) then CL would get the SD role. 

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen.

Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen.

Tell me about it. 

AB: the perfect candidate was under our noses all along...dejavu

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And you know this because....?

This time last year, Ann was quoted as saying Craig Levein's help is 'invaluable' to her. 

I think that means that as long as Ann is at the club, he'll still be hanging around.

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

This time last year, Ann was quoted as saying Craig Levein's help is 'invaluable' to her. 

I think that means that as long as Ann is at the club, he'll still be hanging around.

I can't fathom out what he does so well?

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Are you not interested to know who our next SD could be?

I know she is not going to tell me or anybody else what she wants longer term. However I suspect from what she has already said that she seems to think AM is the best candidate. Some seem to think she is only referring to the immediate few months however I am not convinced.

My point being that she is saying what she thinks people want to hear but in fact in my opinion she already knows who her next SD will be.

I am pre-empting her call and I hope I am wrong and I am sure you will be amongst the first to tell me if I am.

It's just my opinion.

Davy,  you SEEM to be causing yourself mental torture with all your suppositions and second guesses.

Just relax and wait until the process finishes before you unleash your venom, or maybe even praise.

I too would be interested to know who the new SD will be but I am willing to wait and get the right person as the delay is unlikely to affect the results on the field.

4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Seems like a quantum leap, if you ask me.  That's what you want it to mean, to suit your agenda.

A lot of water can flow under the bridge in a year

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Is that anyone who disagrees with what you think?

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Seems like a quantum leap, if you ask me.  That's what you want it to mean, to suit your agenda.

Here we go with the agenda crap again. Why can’t you just accept people have different opinions to you? Based on AB’s actions to date in relation to CL it’s certainly a possibility. No??

29 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

She hasn’t ruled it out or said it will be 100% temporary either. It could happen, there really is no debate about that. 

Granted mate. 

All I'm trying to say is it's all conjecture at the moment not fact as some would have you believe.

Adam_the_legend

Granted mate. 

All I'm trying to say is it's all conjecture at the moment not fact as some would have you believe.

Can you quote anyone saying it’s a fact? No one knows the future but people ruling out CL getting SD or being here past the summer could be in for a rude awakening. 

5 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Granted mate. 

Nobody is saying it's a fact bud.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't have an agenda, I just don't think Levein should have any involvement in the club after being 'sacked'.

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Was explained in the press conference, Stendel was interviewed on the morning of the Kilmarnock game, everyone else that knows Riccarton well enough was travelling to Kilmarnock so CL was asked to show Stendel around, Budge would have done it but she doesn't know the inner workings of Riccarton well enough to do so. Nothing bizarre about it.

48 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Which I'd tend to agree with, whether it's CL or AM all they will be doing is trying to sign the one or two players that Stendel wants. Once the January window is over and done with bring in a SD that then has 3/4 months to get his feet under the desk and work towards what will no doubt be a busier summer window.

4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I don't have an agenda, I just don't think Levein should have any involvement in the club after being 'sacked'.

He might have something to contribute though. What then eh? 🤣😁😁 (that was a joke btw).

The argument he should be shown the door is so obvious, it's baffling some people can't grasp it.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Busby took up a similar offer at Man Utd. 

And if Levein was doing a similar non-football role (club shop manager? Managing the half time draw?) I don't think anyone would be bothered.

But even then Busby and Ferguson hanging around didn't do their successors any favours.

Edited by Francis Albert

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He might have something to contribute though. What then eh? 🤣😁😁 (that was a joke btw).

The argument he should be shown the door is so obvious, it's baffling some people can't grasp it.

It's a Kickback thing. Not met anyone in the "real world" that would argue against it. And other fans are rightly ripping the piss at it