Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It's a Kickback thing. Not met anyone in the "real world" that would argue against it. And other fans are rightly ripping the piss at it

Similar experience with our fans I know.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Here we go with the agenda crap again. Why can’t you just accept people have different opinions to you? Based on AB’s actions to date in relation to CL it’s certainly a possibility. No??

Only if you want it to be a possibility.

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And if Levein was doing a similar non-football role (club shop manager?) I don't think anyone would be bothered.

But even then Busby and Ferguson hanging around didn't do their successors any favours.

So the relative failures were because SAF was "hanging around" and people like Mourinho just rolled over and accepted it.

Aye right.

Just wish a few would put themselves in CL’s shoes. He’s been publicly humiliated, told he’s leaving next summer and put in charge of showing new managers our facilities. In my opinion AB has given him a minor part in the SD role to let him go with a little dignity. It looks like AMcPhee is being given the same consideration.

10 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It's a Kickback thing. Not met anyone in the "real world" that would argue against it. And other fans are rightly ripping the piss at it

Presumably most of these people posting here exist in the ‘real world’ as well? 🤔

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

So the relative failures were because SAF was "hanging around" and people like Mourinho just rolled over and accepted it.

Aye right.

Seems like a quantum leap to me . He just said it didn't do them any favours. Didn't say it was the reason for relative failure.

Just now, davemclaren said:

Presumably most of these people posting here exist in the ‘real world’ as well? 🤔

Apart from the club robots 🤣

Hackney Hearts
11 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I quite like the idea that Kickback people don't actually exist in the real world. 

Russian bots maybe? Actively trying to sow mistrust and division amongst the Hearts support.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I don't know it. I thought it was obvious that it was just my opinion but to make it clear, that was just my opinion.

So you're guessing?  I thought you said it was an ABSOLUTE NAP.  Yes/No?

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Seems like a quantum leap to me . He just said it didn't do them any favours. Didn't say it was the reason for relative failure.

It points very much in that direction.

Edited by JamboAl

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Prof said:

Just wish a few would put themselves in CL’s shoes. He’s been publicly humiliated, told he’s leaving next summer and put in charge of showing new managers our facilities. In my opinion AB has given him a minor part in the SD role to let him go with a little dignity. It looks like AMcPhee is being given the same consideration.

Why? Is it all part of being a caring community club? 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Why? Is it all part of being a caring community club? 

No it’s called consideration for a club servant.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

No it’s called consideration for a club servant.

And what do you mean by Levein being "publicly humiliated". He was sacked after being retained far longer than most managers would be. And how many times has he been sacked in his career? WTF is so special about Craig Levein?

15 minutes ago, Prof said:

Publicly humiliated? What? This is football management, we were on the verge of relegation if we continued with Levein. The only thing public humiliating was watching the team he created on the park. He should be thankful that Budge has given him years of salary and opportunity since she was at the helm.

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Aye right.

Of course that is not remotely what I said 

Adam_the_legend
23 minutes ago, Prof said:

Trolling surely?? He’s been one of worst managers second time round and after everything he’s still got a job. He’s won the bloody lottery!!

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I never said you specifically did it was a generic point.

Of course it was 

Edited by johnthomas

Still fail to see how CL getting removed from first team duties and having to oversee some youth teams and help with contracts instead and only till summer has so many folk losing sleep.

I wouldn't give him another thought if it wasn't for KB. He doesn't affect the first team anymore therefore I give no shits. He is seeing  out his contract till summer probably due to being expensive to kick him out.

Get a ****ing life. 

Just now, jambopilms said:

Still fail to see how CL getting removed from first team duties and having to oversee some youth teams and help with contracts instead and only till summer has so many folk losing sleep.

I wouldn't give him another thought if it wasn't for KB. He doesn't affect the first team anymore therefore I give no shits. He is seeing  out his contract till summer probably due to being expensive to kick him out.

Get a ****ing life. 

Correct!! Can we start talking about Saturday's game PLEASE

Gordon Ramsay
36 minutes ago, Prof said:

I've read some real pish on here defending dumb and dumber since Ann announced the 'temporary joint SD' but this tops the lot. 

The only public humiliation that has been going on is our football club being run into the Championship by the worst manager in our history and his band of merry men. He should be ashamed to even show his face at the Oriam/Tynecastle or anything Hearts related until the majority of the supports disdain towards him lessens. Only time can heal that but Ann seems intent on having this loser with his feet under the table for as long as possible.

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Was easy. All I did upon reading your post where you claimed it was only about HMFC that you had a beef with him, was Google:

"hmfckickback" "Thomaso" "Craig Levein" "Arrogant"

I already knew you were not telling the truth, so I was confident that search would toss up the results that proved it... First hit I think.

Well done you! Take a sweetie off the shelf!

Every single member of the football dept apart from Stendel is a Levein recruit.All the presidents men Stendel is on his own will be trying to change the malaise that has gripped the football side of our club with Levein hanging around and staff looking every which way.Stendel will need exceptional qualities.

35 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I've read some real pish on here defending dumb and dumber since Ann announced the 'temporary joint SD' but this tops the lot. 

The only public humiliation that has been going on is our football club being run into the Championship by the worst manager in our history and his band of merry men. He should be ashamed to even show his face at the Oriam/Tynecastle or anything Hearts related until the majority of the supports disdain towards him lessens. Only time can heal that but Ann seems intent on having this loser with his feet under the table for as long as possible.

Do you lot realise how much damage your doing to the club you say you love so much. Get behind the manager and the team and stop bitching about Levein/Budge/McPhee et al. It won't change anything and only gives our detractors amunition to ridicule us with or are you too thick to see this?

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

So you're guessing?  I thought you said it was an ABSOLUTE NAP.  Yes/No?

In my opinion it’s a nap. Are you familiar with the term Al. It means that someone thinks a bet is a certainty to come in. Thinks is a clue in the description. 

Do you know capital letters is considered to be shouting in text form? No need to roar at me old bean. 

Gordon Ramsay
14 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Do you lot realise how much damage your doing to the club you say you love so much. Get behind the manager and the team and stop bitching about Levein/Budge/McPhee et al. It won't change anything and only gives our detractors amunition to ridicule us with or are you too thick to see this?

The only damage that has been done to the club is by the people who are running it. The supporters never took us to joint bottom. 

The ridicule is being brought on by Ann and her decision making, not the fans. 

38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

In my opinion it’s a nap. Are you familiar with the term Al. It means that someone thinks a bet is a certainty to come in. Thinks is a clue in the description. 

Do you know capital letters is considered to be shouting in text form? No need to roar at me old bean. 

You said

Craig Levein wil be the next SD of hearts. It's an absolute nap.

There was no hint of opinion there in any form.  Do you know you could use the short cut IMO on here if you want to make it clear you are opining?  You could also use words like "possibly" or"think" to clarify that ABSOLUTE does not mean absolute with you, old cock.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You said

There was no hint of opinion there in any form.  Do you know you could use the short cut IMO on here if you want to make it clear you are opining?  You could also use words like "possibly" or"think" to clarify that ABSOLUTE does not mean absolute with you, old cock.

I could use those terms Al but I chose not to. As I’ve said twice,, regarding the same post, it is just my opinion. If you don’t like it or it’s causing you too much stress I apologise. Can you please drop this now, it’s making you look like an absolute manic and I’m getting embarrassed for you. Just so you know where I stand on this though -

Craig Levein will be the next SD of hearts. It’s an absolute nap.

Edited by GinRummy

Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You said

I think everyone should sign off their posts with IMO to keep you happy. You seem to struggle with reading comprehension. 

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I could use those terms Al but I chose not to. As I’ve said twice,, regarding the same post, it is just my opinion. If you don’t like it or it’s causing you too much stress I apologise. Can you please drop this now, it’s making you look like an absolute manic and I’m getting embarrassed for you. Just so you know where I stand on this though -

ITK?? 🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

And there was me thinking it was my use of CAPITAL LETTERS that was causing you stress.

Poor chap.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Well done you! Take a sweetie off the shelf!

😄

Can I put a sweetie wife back in their box instead?

6 hours ago, davie1980 said:

It's become a dark sinister obsession for a large chunk of our support now.

The feeling we need to cleanse all trace of him from the club.

The man has been removed from all first team duties but looking on here and on social media, it would appear some won't be happy until Levein is barred from crossing the Forth, everyone who has ever had a working relationship with the man is purged from the club, irrespective of their own merits and contribution to the club.

The only thing that matter is that these people have been in contact with Levein and must therefore be banished completely.

It's getting to the point people are becoming irrational. We have made the change, we took our time getting the right man in.

It would appear the support are behind the new appointment.

Now FFS, just back the new manager and drop all the negativity around Levein.

He'll be away in the summer and we can move on. But this lingering ill-feeling can do nothing to help the club when Stendel will want to move us forward positively.

Sums this thread up,  and a few others, perfectly. Well done. 

10 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I think everyone should sign off their posts with IMO to keep you happy. You seem to struggle with reading comprehension. 

And I think you should put a space between the last 3rd and last 4th letters of your username.

Big John Colquhoun

For any sustained improvement on the pitch we need two things: a good manager and good recruitment. 

We all hope the good manager bit is now sorted but we need to get recruitment right if he’s to be successful. So comments from the club about recruitment strategy and role of sporting director seem very relevant for discussion on a hearts forum.

It’s bizarre logic to suggest that you can only either be right behind the team and Stendel or alternatively, cast a critical eye over comments about the recruitment structure. Of course it’s possible to do both.

If you look at the recruitment over the last 3/4 seasons, we’ve had a massive turnover each year. No manager, including Stendel, will ever be successful if the recruitment strategy (or lack of) doesn’t change.

From that point of view and given the squad needs a massive overhaul (again), it’s concerning the club is only now at the point of considering what the role of sporting director will involve. It all sounds a bit up in the air, which isn’t ideal given the amount of work needed on the squad if we’re to give stendel the best chance of being successful.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And there was me thinking it was my use of CAPITAL LETTERS that was causing you stress.

Poor chap.

I’ll bare the scars for years to come.

5 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

He cares more about his generous salary.  We are just a small provincial club after all.  If he really cared he should donate a fair wedge of his salary towards the FOH.  He probably doesn't even donate a fiver.

Do you know anyone who, when fired from their job, just tells his employer to keep all or most of the money due to him? 
Don’t think you do. 

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Big John Colquhoun said:

For any sustained improvement on the pitch we need two things: a good manager and good recruitment. 

We all hope the good manager bit is now sorted but we need to get recruitment right if he’s to be successful. So comments from the club about recruitment strategy and role of sporting director seem very relevant for discussion on a hearts forum.

It’s bizarre logic to suggest that you can only either be right behind the team and Stendel or alternatively, cast a critical eye over comments about the recruitment structure. Of course it’s possible to do both.

If you look at the recruitment over the last 3/4 seasons, we’ve had a massive turnover each year. No manager, including Stendel, will ever be successful if the recruitment strategy (or lack of) doesn’t change.

From that point of view and given the squad needs a massive overhaul (again), it’s concerning the club is only now at the point of considering what the role of sporting director will involve. It all sounds a bit up in the air, which isn’t ideal given the amount of work needed on the squad if we’re to give stendel the best chance of being successful.

:greatpost:

5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I can’t comment on Gallagher because he never picked them and sometimes you just can’t improve rubbish.

How do you know that? Surely if you are looking to sign keepers your goal-keeping coach will have a big role to play? Gallagher has been around through some terrible keeper signings as well as showing an inability to coach or improve them once they are here. 

35 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

😄

Can I put a sweetie wife back in their box instead?

Only if you can fit yourself in....

35 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you know anyone who, when fired from their job, just tells his employer to keep all or most of the money due to him? 
Don’t think you do. 

That would be ridiculous.....almost as ridiculous as when someone is fired from their job and is asked by their employer to hang around and offer advice.😉

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Only if you can fit yourself in....

I know you are, but what am I... etc...

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

And what do you mean by Levein being "publicly humiliated". He was sacked after being retained far longer than most managers would be. And how many times has he been sacked in his career? WTF is so special about Craig Levein?

He didnt have to be sacked. He refused to step aside surely? AB must have been forced to remove him from post??

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You said

What a daft post.   Most posts in this forum are essentially opinion.   Are you saying that every single person should say ‘it is my belief’ or ‘in my opinion’?

Unless you are daft, it is pretty obvious when someone is posting a post as an opinion, or as a fact. 

Edited by Paolo

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

The only damage that has been done to the club is by the people who are running it. The supporters never took us to joint bottom. 

The ridicule is being brought on by Ann and her decision making, not the fans. 

And those who support this failure without questioning it.