Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

Just now, GinRummy said:

Aye it's all theory and conjecture at the moment. A very divisive situation as it stands but a few decent results and it'll fade into the background.

That’s all that’s needed.People won’t care whose doing what as long as we’re winning.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

McPhee was busy doing something else then wasn't he> Small matter of being caretaker manager. McPhee also worked for Levein. And we don't have the new person yet.

Try reading her article again and see if you are correct.

40 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Everyone has their own take on things but I get the impression that she may well have someone in mind but they are not available at this time.

Could be someone already in a similar role at another club that requires a notice period.

If that's the case then it makes sense to continue with people she trusts and that know the club until the right person is available

I hope you are right but I am more leaning towards her appointing AM. She will be hoping for a run of some decent results and a few good signings acceedited to aM in January and she can appoint him with ease and minimal complaints.

In some respects, not all, Budge is a very weak leader. She cannot handle certain situations, and she is uncomfortable making important decisions, especially when hiring and firing. Football can be a cut throat business at times, and she is way too soft imo.

2 hours ago, Prof said:

Frankly I can’t see what the fuss is about. We have the manager the club wanted. Levein is leaving next summer and until we recruit a new SD, McPhee and CL will jointly take that role. 

Frankly I can't understand why people dont see why a fuss is being made. Yes the club have appointed a new Manager but he as yet does not have any of his backroom team.

You may notice that when most managers take on a new club they usually take their team with them.

There is a very good reason for that and it is because they know how each of the team work and can hit the ground running without having to get the message over on how the new manager wants things done.

Hearts have not done it the conventional way so far making Stendel's task more difficult than need be.

Why exactly is this you might ask.? It is because AB has so far refused to remove CL, AM, JD and LF from their roles which is stopping Stendel's team coming in because we can't afford it.

That my friend is why so many of us are making a fuss.

Edited by wavydavy

“I was on the phone for about three hours a day while I was away and Daniel was of those I thought we should interview. It was his agent who sent the information in. I spoke to Craig about Daniel and others as potential managers and what did they know about him, if anything. It was the same as I did with other folk.”

Laughable situation.

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

In some respects, not all, Budge is a very weak leader. She cannot handle certain situations, and she is uncomfortable making important decisions, especially when hiring and firing. Football can be a cut throat business at times, and she is way too soft imo.

I think she is a very strong minded leader and by her own admission can be stubborn. She said this during one of her TV interviews.

I think in this case she is showing just how stubborn she can be. On one hand she is saying what she thinks the fans want to hear and on the other sticking two fingers up to them and saying it will be done how I want it to be done.

5 minutes ago, Mort said:

“I was on the phone for about three hours a day while I was away and Daniel was of those I thought we should interview. It was his agent who sent the information in. I spoke to Craig about Daniel and others as potential managers and what did they know about him, if anything. It was the same as I did with other folk.”

Laughable situation.

But the experts on here say she doesn't seek the opinions of her go to man Craig. So how can this possibly be true? 😂

Marooned Abroad
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I also noticed her comments at the end about shareholding transition and “if people want change”

Might be a coded message from her saying how p***ed off she is with all the s**t she gets from fans. If I’d put the work in that she has to get our Club back in its feet I’d certainly feel like sticking two fingers up whenever I got the chance.

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Frankly I can't understand why people dont see why a fuss is being made. Yes the club have appointed a new Manager but he as yet does not have any of his backroom team.

You may notice that when most managers take on a new club they usually take their team with them.

There is a very good reason for that and it is because they know how each of the team work and can hit the ground running without having to get the message over on how the new manager wants things done.

Hearts have not done it the conventional way so far making Stendel's task more difficult than need be.

Why exactly is this you might ask.? It is because AB has so far refused to remove CL, AM, JD and LF from their roles which is stopping Stendel's team coming in because we can't afford it.

The AGM is the place to do it if you are shareholder.  Unless the answers are business sensitive you may get your concerns addressed.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The AGM is the place to do it if you are shareholder.  Unless the answers are business sensitive you may get your concerns addressed.

So are you not supposed to discuss these sort of points on a discussion board then Al.

I am perfectly well aware that questions can be asked at the AGM thanks.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

But the experts on here say she doesn't seek the opinions of her go to man Craig. So how can this possibly be true? 😂

She said

I spoke to Craig about Daniel and others as potential managers and what did they know about him, if anything. It was the same as I did with other folk.”

When she said THEY, that implies she consulted others as well as CL although the sentence does seem a bit badly constructed.

Coburg,tonight when they do the exit poll predictions I'll just write it off as garbage because they never asked each and every voter how they  voted for.i would say that I know a large range of hearts supporters from suit wearers to trackies bottom wearers ,and that's what I based my assumption on.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

One day you have to tell us what Levein has done to you to deserve the constant vitriol. It must be more than just a poor performance as Hearts manager. 

My only beef with him is what he has done to our team and Club.

Gimme an H...
18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Surely you realise that we can't just "remove" people from their jobs without paying them off in some way?

To pay off CL, AM, JD and LF would cost a fair whack.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

So are you not supposed to discuss these sort of points on a discussion board then Al.

I am perfectly well aware that questions can be asked at the AGM thanks.

Of course you can discuss these sorts of points and of course others can point out your skewed implications in the interests of fairness and balance.  Or do you wish to have just your biased view aired?

1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

The guy is not totally up to speed with the English language....... How do you expect him to understand Gary Locke. 

Wondered when someone would post that old chestnut 

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

She said

I spoke to Craig about Daniel and others as potential managers and what did they know about him, if anything. It was the same as I did with other folk.”

When she said THEY, that implies she consulted others as well as CL although the sentence does seem a bit badly constructed.

Do you think its normal to consult someone who has just been sacked on who replaces them? 

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

Do you think its normal to consult someone who has just been sacked on who replaces them? 

I think she should get as many views as possible not just from people that supporters think should be consulted.

Normal doesn't make it right or wrong.

If it’s a financial problem that’s prohibiting the arrival of one or both of DS’s assistant’s they why not communicate that, or is there some other reason?
How much were these guys on? Maybe putting a couple of players out on loan would help finance their arrival.

9 minutes ago, Mort said:

:gok:

Ann Budge does apparently!!

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think she should get as many views as possible not just from people that supporters think should be consulted.

Normal doesn't make it right or wrong.

So you have no issues with her consulting the man she just sacked then?

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

I have no issue with her consulting anyone if she believes that person has valuable input

but

WTF difference does it make what I think in the grand schems of things.

If I replied YES or NO what difference do you imagine it would make?

Just now, JamboAl said:

I have no issue with her consulting anyone if she believes that person has valuable input

but

No issue, I was interested in your view, that's all.

If she still belives CL has any kind of "valuable input" then we would be as well packing the whole thing in.

Concerning, to say the least.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

but

In an exchange of opinions on a message board,  your opinion is fairly important if you wish to participate.

Edited by GinRummy

25 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Surely you realise that we can't just "remove" people from their jobs without paying them off in some way?

That’s the price of failure. We’ve made a loss on quite a few signings in Leveins time here so another loss shouldn’t worry us too much. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

In an exchange of opinions on a message board your opinion is fairly important if you wish to participate.

I have given my opinion, thank you.

I said

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That’s the price of failure. We’ve made a loss on quite a few signings in Leveins time here so another loss shouldn’t worry us too much. 

Have you heard of Employment Tribunals?

Just now, JamboAl said:

Have you heard of Employment Tribunals?

I am not suggesting we stop paying them. I am saying we terminate their contracts and do what is takes to support our new Head Coach properly rather than this Budge Fudge. 

45 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

It's hard to know where to start with this tripe.

Ann Budge built an £80million business by being a very week leader uncomfortable making important decisions, did she?

Have you ever met her? Here's a link for you, it might make you feel better.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ann-budge-hearts-need-their-identity-back-because-there-wasnt-enough-passion-games-1338538

Just now, upgotheheads said:

It's hard to know where to start with this tripe.

Ann Budge built an £80million business by being a very week leader uncomfortable making important decisions, did she?

Have you ever met her? Here's a link for you, it might make you feel better.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ann-budge-hearts-need-their-identity-back-because-there-wasnt-enough-passion-games-1338538

With respect, mate, like Ann, we were watching games lacking passion but we weren’t wondering what was going wrong. We knew exactly what was wrong and knew what was needing done to reverse it. 
The right decision was made but months too late. 

Edited by Boab

The Treasurer
32 minutes ago, sac said:

If it’s a financial problem that’s prohibiting the arrival of one or both of DS’s assistant’s they why not communicate that, or is there some other reason?
How much were these guys on? Maybe putting a couple of players out on loan would help finance their arrival.

Like everyone else I've no idea what the delay is in bringing in DS's team, but it may have something to do with the Barnsley owner being a dick and the possibility of court action.

We all want the full facts but it may be that the club are ensuring there are no grounds for being sued by doing things the right way

46 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

She said

Al, my point was that posters on here say that she does not consult with Craig Levein when she clearly does.

32 minutes ago, Mort said:

Even more worrying is that she is still considering him for the SD role.

45 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Of course you can discuss these sorts of points and of course others can point out your skewed implications in the interests of fairness and balance.  Or do you wish to have just your biased view aired?

Not at all I welcome other people's views which gives a balance as we all see things differently and often valid points are made which make sense.

You said the way to do it was at the AGM which to me inferred that I should not be asking these questions on here.

Under the floodlight
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Please can you post link,or source for her statement.

Thanks

Just now, Under the floodlight said:

Thanks

There isn’t one as well you know.

Only different interpretations of the interview she gave which inferred but never really confirmed anything.

50 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Of course I realise that and if the current co sporting director had not wasted an absolute fortune on dud signings then we could have brought in all of Stendel's team stright away.

Now we have a new Coach who is having to get his ideas over to all the exisitng coaches which makes his job all the more difficult.

Hardly an ideal scenario as well working with the guy who has been partly responsible for the poor run of form.

I would just rather Budge and Levein make no more long term decisions for the club, just get to the end of the season and take it from there.  Hopefully someone new can come in and try and sort out the club.

48 minutes ago, Mort said:

The bizarre thing is, he wasn't sacked. He was just shifted to a different part of the building. 

Ann Budge completely shat it big time to remove him from the club. Now we have Levein still hovering around, infecting the club with his negativity and losing mentality.

If he cared about the club, he'd leave without a pay off, possibly allowing us to get Stendels assistant(s) in. Anyone who says he cares about the club is wrong. He only cares about himself.

Under the floodlight
1 minute ago, Boab said:

There isn’t one as well you know.

Only different interpretations of the interview she gave which inferred but never really confirmed anything.

Many Thanks for saving me time.

I'm out 

5 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Thanks

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ann-budge-reveals-hearts-sporting-director-duties-will-be-shared-craig-levein-and-austin-macphee-1337875

This part really tells it all for me.

Asked if there will be a quick appointment of a sporting director, Budge replied: “We’ve got some important decisions to make and me bringing in somebody else new to the club, I don’t think that’s the best way of doing it.

Gimme an H...
Just now, wavydavy said:

Of course I realise that and if the current co sporting director had not wasted an absolute fortune on dud signings then we could have brought in all of Stendel's team stright away.

Now we have a new Coach who is having to get his ideas over to all the exisitng coaches which makes his job all the more difficult.

Hardly an ideal scenario as well working with the guy who has been partly responsible for the poor run of form.

I'm not saying its an ideal scenario, far from it.

I'm just saying it's sometimes not as simple as 'pay these guys off so we can get these guys in and pay them', it's a lot of money to turn around.

In an ideal world I'm with you, just pay them off and get the new guys in...but I don't think we have the money for that just now.

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Al, my point was that posters on here say that she does not consult with Craig Levein when she clearly does.

And clearly said she would when she sacked him. I've got no issue with her consulting him. She trusts him but, and it's a big but he can't be the only person she consults when it comes to footballing matters. I'm sure he can be of value to the club for as long as he has a contract but this SD chat is divisive and she should have known that. I don't know if it's naivety or she just doesn't really consider how things she says can be twisted. 

Removing him from a DOF role then having him as joint SD, even temporarily is just bonkers

1 minute ago, Gimme an H... said:

I'm not saying its an ideal scenario, far from it.

I'm just saying it's sometimes not as simple as 'pay these guys off so we can get these guys in and pay them', it's a lot of money to turn around.

In an ideal world I'm with you, just pay them off and get the new guys in...but I don't think we have the money for that just now.

I understand your points but none of us really know the state of the finances and if there is really money or not.

I know AB has said that we need signings in January and we also need to trim the squad but if ever there was a time for our "mystery benfactor" to make yet more contributions then now is the time.

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

And clearly said she would when she sacked him. I've got no issue with her consulting him. She trusts him but, and it's a big but he can't be the only person she consults when it comes to footballing matters. I'm sure he can be of value to the club for as long as he has a contract but this SD chat is divisive and she should have known that. I don't know if it's naivety or she just doesn't really consider how things she says can be twisted. 

Removing him from a DOF role then having him as joint SD, even temporarily is just bonkers

In my opinion for all it's worth she is doing the same thing that she did before she appointed CL as Manger. Making all the right noises about looking for the best person for the job etc when she contradicts herself by then saying this. Quote from EEN. as I posted a few posts back.

We’ve got some important decisions to make and me bringing in somebody else new to the club, I don’t think that’s the best way of doing it.

11 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

I would just rather Budge and Levein make no more long term decisions for the club, just get to the end of the season and take it from there.  Hopefully someone new can come in and try and sort out the club.

What, like hiring Stendel?

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The model Hearts adopted when AB took over worked extremely well . Not sure why people chose to ignore that ?

Yes CL should have stepped down at the end of last season or he should have been told to . Moving upstairs and bringing in a new manager would have taken us back to the original model 

AB has already admitted she made a mistake there . 

What I am certain of both AB and CL had/have the interests of Hearts as their priority .

I think it is very sad that CL's time as manager has ended this way , whatever the reasons . 

The lynch mob mentality on here is shameful