Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

Guest ToqueJambo
29 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How demeaning to our support can you be?

Supporters are fully entitled to disagree with a decision or decisions.

That's not what's happening here. People actually seem to think a new position has been created called co-SD and the job has been given to McPhee and Levein.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I personally do not know one single Hearts fan who wants him employed. Not one. There’s 6 in my work who never renewed this season because he was manager and they still won’t buy half season tickets because he is still here. 
Pretty sure there’s plenty more. 
Quite why this is not crystal clear to Ann Budge I’ve no idea.

Im ecstatic she’s brought in Stendell to be fair. But need clarity on the reasons he’s not able to bring in his 2 coaches. I’m thinking it’s maybe some blind loyalty. Stendel should be able to have his men here but looks like it’s one hand tied behind his back at the moment anyway.

clear the decks. Those here have had plenty time and failed.

the only acceptable excuse for me is that it’s either a financial thing or the possibility of Barnsley adding the 2 to their compensation case

Same here. Not sure I'll bother getting a half season ticket now.  Hopefully next season when he is gone completely I will buy one.  If Levein has to stay on then surely he could just clean the bogs till then end of his contract?

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Correct.  Like a select few are accused of having made up their minds, the usual suspects blind faith and overwhelming backing of failed employees continues. 

Mind boggling stuff and you start to wonder?    

I get we are holding on to certain employees for probably financial reasons but the minute that’s done it’d be nice to have a complete fresh approach, mindset and direction sweep the club. People are scared of change which is just as baffling. 

Its happened all the way through every football club’s history and quite often when we’ve made changes it’s worked. I hope Stendel is single minded, strong willed and his overwhelming passion can let us forget who’s in the background. Riding out the lack of changes through sheer determination.  

I rhink, given the circumstances, that Stendel would be savvy enough to have protection within his contract and the club would pay dearly if there is encroachment on his territory

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Correct.  Like a select few are accused of having made up their minds, the usual suspects blind faith and overwhelming backing of failed employees continues. 

Mind boggling stuff and you start to wonder?    

I get we are holding on to certain employees for probably financial reasons but the minute that’s done it’d be nice to have a complete fresh approach, mindset and direction sweep the club. People are scared of change which is just as baffling. 

Its happened all the way through every football club’s history and quite often when we’ve made changes it’s worked. I hope Stendel is single minded, strong willed and his overwhelming passion can let us forget who’s in the background. Riding out the lack of changes through sheer determination.  

Asked this before and got no response. If we do a clear out, who is going to do all the things Budge outlined that need done for the next month or so?

Why can folk not understand this is a transition period, kind of a handover period basically, with people filling in while permanent positions get filled to ensure as smooth a transition as possible and most importantly to let Stendel 100% focus on the first team, which is the priority?

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's not what's happening here. People actually seem to think a new position has been created called co-SD and the job has been given to McPhee and Levein.

Irrespective of job titles or not, it's unusual and looks weird at best or suspicious at worst. That's why people are talking about it.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Irrespective of job titles or not, it's unusual and looks weird at best or suspicious at worst. That's why people are talking about it.

Another take is it's sensible and cost-effective.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Depends what side of the table you are sat.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Another take is it's sensible and cost-effective.

Well, I would definitely disagree with the latter but there's no point going over that ground again.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So you find it weird or suspicious?

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Asked this before and got no response. If we do a clear out, who is going to do all the things Budge outlined that need done for the next month or so?

Why can folk not understand this is a transition period, kind of a handover period basically, with people filling in while permanent positions get filled to ensure as smooth a transition as possible and most importantly to let Stendel 100% focus on the first team, which is the priority?

We are over staffed.

41 minutes ago, martoon said:

It would appear that offloading players is necessary to provide funds for Stendel in January. Presumably, Daniel will be the one to decide, between now and then, which players he can live without. 

I suppose that does present Levein and MacPhee with a golden opportunity to get something right for a change by convincing other clubs to take them off our hands. It would be refreshing to see them succeed in some capacity. 

I'm trying to look on the bright side here. That's all I've got. 

I've had my say, there's no point in repeating it, so it's all about Saturday for me now and our new man's first game.

C'mon, The Hearts. 

Austin will be dealing with it not Craig. Ann said as much

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

If you explain elucidate I might.

Probably no point in me explaining to you, to be fair.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

How do you know that? Surely if you are looking to sign keepers your goal-keeping coach will have a big role to play? Gallagher has been around through some terrible keeper signings as well as showing an inability to coach or improve them once they are here. 

Levein and the chief scout make the decision and they can’t see the wood for the trees.

Does Gallagher travel Europe looking at keepers I DON’T THINK SO.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well, I would definitely disagree with the latter but there's no point going over that ground again.

Paying off two contracts without having someone to take over in place, forcing a hard stop of all of the things those people did, is cost effective? How so?

Allowing these two people to continue to work to the benefit of the club while we look for a permanent SD, then sorting out what those two do - leave immediately or stay until the end of their contracts (or in McPhee's case get offered something else) - seems much more cost-effective, as well as sensible.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Its not a word used regularly so if you are prepared to use it, expect people to ask for a definition.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

grown up words an issue for you? Surprising 

Have to confess that vomitorium was a new one on me and one I didn't particularly like!

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Have to confess that vomitorium was a new one on me and one I didn't particularly like!

What have the romans ever done for us?

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Is that not the very definition of demeaning?

40 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Since the announcement of Stendel I've tried to think and post in a much more positive and balanced fashion but reading this thread  the patronising and antagonistic fashion of the blind faithers only makes me want to distance myself from any of their beliefs. 

There's a small handful of them that are just utterly unbearable.

Try being on the other side of the argument reading the constant negative drivel from blatant undercover Vermin and the usual drainers that claim to be Hearts FANS , it drains the life out you . 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Do folk really think we should sack every single coach before we can get replacements in? 

They seem to. Stendel's replacement at Barnsley took over a week to sort out who he wanted and who would leave. 

They seem to. Stendel's replacement at Barnsley took over a week to sort out who he wanted and who would leave. 

Should be sorted by Sunday, Monday latest then.

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Try being on the other side of the argument reading the constant negative drivel from blatant undercover Vermin and the usual drainers that claim to be Hearts FANS , it drains the life out you . 

I'm not complaining about content or whether it's 'positive' or 'negative' rather the style of post.

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Since the announcement of Stendel I've tried to think and post in a much more positive and balanced fashion but reading this thread  the patronising and antagonistic fashion of the blind faithers only makes me want to distance myself from any of their beliefs. 

There's a small handful of them that are just utterly unbearable.

The irony of this view is the folk who you seem to think are backing the club no matter what seem to be mostly trying to be be realistic and considered about things. They're also choosing to give the benefit of the doubt to someone (Budge) who has been overwhelmingly good for Hearts. It's the folk steaming in with two feet without reading articles etc, and making wild assumptions based on nothing, who are the blind ones with closed off minds. They see the word "Levein" and get triggered basically.

Just now, davemclaren said:

Unless he wants to keep them. 🤓

Sorted either way though. Keeping them is still a decision, which I for one would accept.

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Paying off two contracts without having someone to take over in place, forcing a hard stop of all of the things those people did, is cost effective? How so?

Allowing these two people to continue to work to the benefit of the club while we look for a permanent SD, then sorting out what those two do - leave immediately or stay until the end of their contracts (or in McPhee's case get offered something else) - seems much more cost-effective, as well as sensible.

Let's assume Levein and MacPhee were covering these functions when Levein was in charge. They were doing these as well as their football roles. So we now have 3 people doing these jobs when there previously was 2.

So, not cost effective.

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Do folk really think we should sack every single coach before we can get replacements in? 

when there are 2 apparently ready to come and join up with our new manager who they have a working history with and ‘wishes them to come’  then - yes.

it really does happen more often than not in football you know.

manager and coaches are useless - sacked.

new manager and his coaches are employed -  

not rocket science to be fair

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Should be sorted by Sunday, Monday latest then.

I would imagine from when he first started taking training, etc.

Couldn’t be arsed reading the last 20 pages or so as it’ll no doubt be filled with same shit as most of other the threads.....

But it looks to me as though CL is helping MacPhee settle into the role of Sporting Director. It’s makes sense to have a handover period and obviously everyone involved is comfortable with it.

Edited by DH1986

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Is that not the very definition of demeaning?

Where Vlad Magic is concerned, I'm happy to make an exception.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The irony of this view is the folk who you seem to think are backing the club no matter what seem to be mostly trying to be be realistic and considered about things. They're also choosing to give the benefit of the doubt to someone (Budge) who has been overwhelmingly good for Hearts. It's the folk steaming in with two feet without reading articles etc, and making wild assumptions based on nothing, who are the blind ones with closed off minds. They see the word "Levein" and get triggered basically.

Id suggest you accept having a serial loser in employment when he’s spunked money to the moon and brought the club to its feking knees. Your choice I suppose.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Let's assume Levein and MacPhee were covering these functions when Levein was in charge. They were doing these as well as their football roles. So we now have 3 people doing these jobs when there previously was 2.

So, not cost effective.

But you know these functions need to be done by someone, right? So who should do them if Levein and McPhee go now? Sure it would be cost-effective to just sack everyone without replacing them 😂 I'm not sure that will catch on though.

Geoff Kilpatrick

But you know these functions need to be done by someone, right? So who should do them if Levein and McPhee go now? Sure it would be cost-effective to just sack everyone without replacing them 😂 I'm not sure that will catch on though.

Do we need 3 people? I'd argue no.

So let at least one go.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cost effective ? That’s worked so far eh ?

£200,000 on Craig Wighton ffs. Just think about that for a minute. Budge will spend money if it’s needed, and I’d suggest it’s needed to be spent 

Guest ToqueJambo

Fair. Tuesday was it?

I'm not setting the timescales, mate. I just pointed out that Stendel's replacement came in and assessed things.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't agree. I view yourself as fitting in the realistic and considered bracket but there is 2 or 3 on this thread who are miles away from that. They simply won't have a bad word said against Ann and nor would they have it said about Levein...until Ann removed him from his role and suddenly it was 'yes, it was time for him to go'.

Anyway, as I said above I'm not criticising content, I'm criticising the style. I far from agree with those who have been really negative about the recent situation but they tend to come on and moan about it not at anyone in particular and then quick as a flash one of the gang are onto them attacking them when the person's point was never addressed to that poster in the first place. There's one (from a quick scan of this thread) who must have posted 30+ times in this thread just today attacking people. If anything is a sign of being 'triggered' it's that. Another is endlessly taking thinly veiled digs at people based on some kind of outdated class superiority complex.

As for giving Ann the benefit of the doubt, that's absolutely where I am right now...but there's certainly a lot of doubt to be offset. Not because I think Stendel is a poor appointment or because I'm certain Craig and Austin should be out the door but because the combination of things are somewhat risky to say the least. Inexperienced foreign manager who is currently in a legal dispute with his former employer brought in to takeover a team bottom of the league, without his own assistants and being supported by the management team that led us to bottom of the league. Will it work out? I hope so and think it will but it certainly wouldn't shock me if it ended up a complete disaster.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Do we need 3 people? I'd argue no.

So let at least one go.

Still involves paying someone off. Still not more cost-effective than them continuing with their duties.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Id suggest you accept having a serial loser in employment when he’s spunked money to the moon and brought the club to its feking knees. Your choice I suppose.

I don't consider Levein a serial loser.

I don't consider Levein a serial loser.

Agree. He’s our most recent failed manager and one of the best resourced though. He’s also hugely divisive, stubborn and I honestly believe he hasn’t got the slightest intention of leaving the club. I also think AB sees him as indispensable.

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Cost effective ? That’s worked so far eh ?

£200,000 on Craig Wighton ffs. Just think about that for a minute. Budge will spend money if it’s needed, and I’d suggest it’s needed to be spent 

£500,000 was it not?

Guest ToqueJambo

Agree. He’s our most recent failed manager and one of the best resourced though. He’s also hugely divisive, stubborn and I honestly believe he hasn’t got the slightest intention of leaving the club. I also think AB sees him as indispensable.

Apart from the fact she dispensed with him (eventually). All people seem to be arguing about here is whether he should be paid off now - money for nothing - or at the end of his contract (most likely earlier when an SD comes in as Budge said recently). She very clearly said she didn't want a new SD and Levein and McPhee all on the payroll. She wants an SD and a manager. McPhee if he stays will most likely either be SD or an analyst/coach of some sort. Who knows maybe Stendel's assistant won't want to or can't come and he likes McPhee as an assistant.

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Still involves paying someone off. Still not more cost-effective than them continuing with their duties.

To hear you, you would think we would be bankrupt!

Based on the accounts, it would cost circa £100k to pay off Levein. That is easily recouped back in 6 months, especially if some fans are still given "pause" by his presence.