Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

Just now, Francis Albert said:

In regard to no influence or some influence.

In what way is Leveins negotiations with Hickey and his father influencing the first team?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

What I meant by day to day was training, tactics and fitness. That type of thing. I was aware of the involvement in recruitment etc.

Maybe the Francis fella is just trolling then.

Francis Albert
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So let's say there is a bid for Michael Smith in January. Who's making the decision to accept that bid? Then, if accepted, who's signing the replscement?

As far as I can see one of our sporting directors. Only (smallish) doubt is which one.

I really couldn't give a s**t who is doing what behind the scenes at Riccarton it could be goldielocks  and the three bears for all  I care as long as we start winning games and start moving up the league

Edited by Blackshades

9 minutes ago, Boab said:

But the friction is only on here, mate. I’d have Hunger Games rammys on here as long as the team were doing well.

Let’s see how our Daniel gets on first.

You’re right the friction over Levein is only on here!

The vast majority of Hearts fans going by the atmosphere in the stadium, at work, in the pub, other social media, etc, want Levein out the Club totally!

Edited by Thomaso

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

But the friction is only on here, mate. I’d have Hunger Games rammys on here as long as the team were doing well.

Let’s see how our Daniel gets on first.

Of course, Boab. 

I hope DS is everything we feel he can be. 

But he must have a completely free hand to mould the club and flourish. 

While Levein and co are still involved I fear that won't happen.  

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Good example for the ostriches.

Here's a ****ing example for you. Neilson really wanted Shankland. The D Utd SD made it happen. Hope that clears things up for the hard of thinking.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So let's say there is a bid for Michael Smith in January. Who's making the decision to accept that bid? Then, if accepted, who's signing the replscement?

ultimately the board would decide I’d think. As far as I’m led to believe a replacement would be a discussion between the SD and the manager with the SD then seeking the boards approval.

1 minute ago, Blackshades said:

I really couldn't give a s**t who is doing what behind the scenes at Richardson it could be goldielocks  and the three bears for all  I care as long as we start winning games and start moving up the league

Who is this guy Richardson? Can he score goals??

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

As far as I can see one of our sporting directors. Only (smallish) doubt is which one.

No. Stendel decides if he wants to keep Smith or if he could use that money elsewhere. Stendel decides the replacement. The SD handles all the red tape and negotiations. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Here's a ****ing example for you. Neilson really wanted Shankland. The D Utd SD made it happen. Hope that clears things up for the hard of thinking.

Can we get the DU SD in then?

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

In what way is Leveins negotiations with Hickey and his father influencing the first team?

Well it will decide whether Hickey is still available to play for the first team and for how long and on what terms. 

Other than that nothing.

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Doubt has AB shown you the job description for the appt. SHE is offering. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Can we get the DU SD in then?

He's done a very good job. Mind you they are overspending like crazy which will probably end in tears.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Who is this guy Richardson? Can he score goals??

I put I riccarton and it bloody changes to what it likes .really should read things twice before sending 😂😂

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

D Utd's SD recruited Shankland at Neilson's request. Does this help you understand a typical SD role?

Tell Ann that.  Even she said she does not know what the role will involve. 

As for player recruitment, it was interesting we mentioned ‘what’ the manager needed, rather than ‘who’ the manager needed. 

51 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“Hearts haven’t done that either”?? They sacked him as First Team Coach and Budge confirmed he is acting as a joint interim DoF or DS or whatever we are calling the position now.

The point is some are posting that this arrangement with Levein is “normal”.

My point is it is anything but normal in the football world.

its called the not JJ job today after his sportsound appearance..... Never thought i’d lose even 0.0000001% of the love and respect i have for that man.....

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Well it will decide whether Hickey is still available to play for the first team and for how long and on what terms. 

Other than that nothing.

Six!!

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Paolo said:

Tell Ann that.  Even she said she does not know what the role will involve. 

As for player recruitment, it was interesting we mentioned ‘what’ the manager needed, rather than ‘who’ the manager needed. 

I give up.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You’re right the friction over Levein is only on here!

The vast majority of Hearts fans going the atmosphere in the stadium, at work, in the pub, other social media, etc, want Levein out the Club totally!

Difficult to tell. Depends on your circles. Mines is probably 60-40 to go totally.

Just now, martoon said:

Of course, Boab. 

I hope DS is everything we feel he can be. 

But he must have a completely free hand to mould the club and flourish. 

While Levein and co are still involved I fear that won't happen.  

Really hard to say right now, mate. If we don’t pick up even after Jan, it will be DS that will get the flack. 
My only hope is that he gets as much time as possible to turn round the mess the SDs have made.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No. Stendel decides if he wants to keep Smith or if he could use that money elsewhere. Stendel decides the replacement. The SD handles all the red tape and negotiations. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

Because that is not what was said.  It was said the Manager would identify what he needed.  Not who he needed. 

Just now, Paolo said:

Good counter argument. 

Tbf to him he’s had it from all angles. If I had his opinion and everybody bombarding me with stuff I’d have given up ages ago. He has tried to justify his position fairly well.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Difficult to tell. Depends on your circles. Mines is probably 60-40 to go totally.

Really hard to say right now, mate. If we don’t pick up even after Jan, it will be DS that will get the flack. 
My only hope is that he gets as much time as possible to turn round the mess the SDs have made.

👍

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why do you assume that is our model?

And what is the proven track record of our twin SD s in handling red tape and negotiations? Our recruitment record over the last few years and the contracts negotiated with the many duffers we have signed?

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Other than that nothing.

Congratulations. You have taken the use of the word influence and used liberal definition to prop your blatant agenda up.

Everyone knows Hickeys next move has importance both in terms of squad strength to us and financially moving forward. Levein has a role to play in both of those scenarios.

That to you is influence in the first team. 

Influence in the first team to the rest of us without an agenda is very different.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbf to him he’s had it from all angles. If I had his opinion and everybody bombarding me with stuff I’d have given up ages ago. He has tried to justify his position fairly well.

OK. Fair enough. 

This place is mental it's like - Brilliant we have a manager now let's move on to moaning like **** about a Sporting director.

We must have the only fans that actually give a shit who has the sporting director role 🤣

Just now, vegas-voss said:

This place is mental it's like - Brilliant we have a manager now let's move on to moaning like **** about a Sporting director.

We must have the only fans that actually give a shit who has the sporting director role 🤣

wonder if most fans of the OF or hibs could even name theirs

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Congratulations. You have taken the use of the word influence and used liberal definition to prop your blatant agenda up.

Everyone knows Hickeys next move has importance both in terms of squad strength to us and financially moving forward. Levein has a role to play in both of those scenarios.

That to you is influence in the first team. 

Influence in the first team to the rest of us without an agenda is very different.

The rest of us? I detect your opinion is by no means the only.one?

3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Because that is not what was said.  It was said the Manager would identify what he needed.  Not who he needed. 

Scenario 1

Board to SD and DS: we have a bid in for Michael smith for £X. We don’t think that’s enough so are going to reject the deal. Unless you have anything to add David?

DS: No. I agree. 

(SD has nothing to do)

Scenario 2

Board to SD and DS: we have a bid in for Michael smith for £Y. Do you want us to accept or reject?

DS: accept and I will use the money to recruit another right back and a midfielder (for example.

DS to SD: find me a right back (with 1/2/3/4/5 attributes) and a box to box midfielder. I was thinking about these players? 

(1 day later)

SD to DS: here is a list of RBs and CMs. It comprises a list from our scouts, and your suggestions. It also includes any transfer fees and likely salary expectations. What is your preference from top to bottom? 

DS. This one, then this one, then this one.

SD: Okay I will go and make it happen.

(1 day later)

SD: player 1 wanted “£xxx” which is too much and out with our budget. Player 2 is delighted to come. Are you happy to go for player 2?

DS: yes

SD: consider it done.

THE END

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Can you point me to where AB has said this. Anyone saying this is 100% temporary and CL will definitely not be in the position in 12 months has reading comprehension issues. 

She emphasised MacPhee and Levein’s contracts end at the end of the season. She also said once she hires a SD at least one of them will go. I also think with Levein’s recent health issues he’ll retire.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Unfortunately we can easily name both of ours!

You are another one on one. Can you not just be happy we have a new manager who has fully autonomy over the first team and reports solely to AB. The SD will evolve as it does , right not it seems sensible to do as she is saying. Its mid december ffs. We have a window in 3weeks that is fairly important for DS. Thats what is important. CL is working with youths and has no say on the first team. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Why is it unfortunate?

Because there are two of them and of because of who they are. IMO of course.

Diadora Van Basten
11 hours ago, The Fonz said:

Shambolic situation. Levein shouldn’t be kept on in any capacity and I fail to see which areas of the “football department” he’ll be able to add value to. 

Throughout his spell:

Recruitment: Woeful, leaving us with an expensive squad on long term contracts sat joint bottom of the league. 

Results: Less said the better

Style of play: brutal 

The Academy: no significant fees generated from academy graduates in the past five years. No academy players looking like making the grade currently, with the exception of Hickey who came through at Celtic. 

Put him on gardening leave until his contract runs out. Whatever value being added by him in this period is substantially outweighed by the negative impact of having him hanging around. 

I agree with this post. Ann Budge doesn’t have a clue what she is doing. 

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I would LOVE is to try new personnel in the SD role. Alas, it wasn’t to be...

Budge says she’s now started the recruiting process to find one now that she’s found a manager. Did you watch the press conference or actually read the full article? Or did you read the headline and run with it like everyone else? Budge has officially started the process for SD for a day, try not being impatient.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not saying that at all. However, we have the world's strangest job share going on in our role and the idea of MacPhee recruiting for Stendel is hilarious. Stendel is experienced enough to recruit who he wants himself. Much like McInnes at the sheep recruits who he wants. In short, it is overhead we don't need.

Stendel has never been fully in charge of recruitment in any role he’s been in. At Barnsley his official title was Head Coach for that reason.

Geoff Kilpatrick
25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As I think you know Stendel decides who he wants. The SD negotiates. They will no doubt talk to each other during this process like NORMAL ****ING PEOPLE.

You ignored the selling question then I see.

The point I'm making is that I want Stendel to make the buying and selling decisions.

2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I agree with this post. Ann Budge doesn’t have a clue what she is doing. 

And yet she managed to recruit the manager the fans wanted, despite the fact he allegedly never applied?

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The point I'm making is that I want Stendel to make the buying and selling decisions.

Surely that hardly happens anywhere though?

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, jambo mark said:

And yet she managed to recruit the manager the fans wanted, despite the fact he allegedly never applied?

Eventually got the manager.

Adam_the_legend
24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You seem very certain this is how it would work. Assumptions or ITK. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Scenario 1

Board to SD and DS: we have a bid in for Michael smith for £X. We don’t think that’s enough so are going to reject the deal. Unless you have anything to add David?

DS: No. I agree. 

(SD has nothing to do)

Scenario 2

Board to SD and DS: we have a bid in for Michael smith for £Y. Do you want us to accept or reject?

DS: accept and I will use the money to recruit another right back and a midfielder (for example.

DS to SD: find me a right back (with 1/2/3/4/5 attributes) and a box to box midfielder. I was thinking about these players? 

(1 day later)

SD to DS: here is a list of RBs and CMs. It comprises a list from our scouts, and your suggestions. It also includes any transfer fees and likely salary expectations. What is your preference from top to bottom? 

DS. This one, then this one, then this one.

SD: Okay I will go and make it happen.

(1 day later)

SD: player 1 wanted “£xxx” which is too much and out with our budget. Player 2 is delighted to come. Are you happy to go for player 2?

DS: yes

SD: consider it done.

THE END