Sporting Director - unconfirmed

CloustonHMFC

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

McPhee worked more with the first team than Levein. The two of them as well as Daly and Fox should be emptied.

If McPhee is made Sporting Director I will be more about saving money by not having to sack him.

How do I know this because suddenly McPhee seems to be the new blue eyed boy as his incompetence 

as Assistant Manager has a few people coming out and saying the way Hearts played was nothing to 

do with him which is b######t.

So you don't know this and are talking shite. Thanks for clarifying.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• GinRummy

• CloustonHMFC

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

McPhee worked more with the first team than Levein. The two of them as well as Daly and Fox should be emptied.

If McPhee is made Sporting Director I will be more about saving money by not having to sack him.

How do I know this because suddenly McPhee seems to be the new blue eyed boy as his incompetence 

as Assistant Manager has a few people coming out and saying the way Hearts played was nothing to 

Assistant manager isn't the decision maker at any club so doesn't chose the players, formation or tactics. Not many people do actually know what happens behind the scenes but plenty of those people who do know have came out and supported the guy. I am sure if he needed 'emptied' then the board and fellow professionals wouldn't come out publicly to support him. 

8 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If the assistant doesn’t contribute to these aspects what’s the point in having one?

I hope Donald Park is giving a decent position,personally he would be in charge of all the coaching at the club,if it was up to me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
56 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Top Trolling or another member of the just don't get it gang?

Inventing reasons in your head for why McPhee is actually a footballing genius doesn’t mean you ‘get it’

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, JamTarts51 said:

Assistant manager isn't the decision maker at any club so doesn't chose the players, formation or tactics. Not many people do actually know what happens behind the scenes but plenty of those people who do know have came out and supported the guy. I am sure if he needed 'emptied' then the board and fellow professionals wouldn't come out publicly to support him. 

The players backed Levein to the end. Budge backed Levein to the end and needed dragged into making a decision. Why would their support of McPhee mean anything? It’s just empty, meaningless words

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Inventing reasons in your head for why McPhee is actually a footballing genius doesn’t mean you ‘get it’

He's rumoured to become sporting director - what has that got to do with his time as Levein's assistant?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The players backed Levein to the end. Budge backed Levein to the end and needed dragged into making a decision. Why would their support of McPhee mean anything? It’s just empty, meaningless words

So far as this appointment goes I am more interested in his business acumen than his coaching skills. 

He works with FIFA and UEFA has linked Hearts academy to many many top clubs through his business, definite and distinctive differences to his current role,  which I agree is not for him or us

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He's rumoured to become sporting director - what has that got to do with his time as Levein's assistant?

Because there’s no evidence he’ll be any good as this job. There’s ample evidence that he was shite at his last one. It’s like we owe this guy a living. He’s becoming the new John Murray.

26 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If the assistant doesn’t contribute to these aspects what’s the point in having one?

I am sure you know the answers to your question. Not everyone always agrees with their hierarchy and don’t always have the same opinion or make the key decisions but do their best to support their beliefs.

Is there actually any evidence at all where Hearts, Budge or McPhee have come out to say he's a candidate or has any interest for the SD role? 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Eh?  Have you tried to have a conversation with someone in Bonnyrigg?

Nothing wrong with us good folk from Bonnyrigg. 

But on topic, do other clubs supporters worry so much about who is Sporting Director? 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

But on topic, do other clubs supporters worry so much about who is Sporting Director? 

Probably not but after the debacle of the last few years I’m not surprised people are. 

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because there’s no evidence he’ll be any good as this job. There’s ample evidence that he was shite at his last one. It’s like we owe this guy a living. He’s becoming the new John Murray.

Not having a go mate but if you look into McPhee more closely then there is a fair bit of evidence to suggest he would be decent in the SD role.

Sir Gio has pointed out some in his post above. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Waiting for Austin to have a shave, keep the press happy 

Cut the hair anaw.

Should be just about ready by Saturday for a presser. :lawson:

1 hour ago, bighalders said:

Yeah let's keep the assistant manager who helped preside over 2 and a quarter failed seasons. In fact let's promote him as a reward for his sterling work. Only Hearts would appoint Levein in the manner they did, get rid of him sort of in the manner they did and keep and promote the guy who assisted him. 🙈👎😡

Actually agree with this.

Why ?. Its very close to the truth tbh.

Fresh start all round needed imo.

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Actually agree with this.

Why ?. Its very close to the truth tbh.

Fresh start all round needed imo.

Just cant think of another club in the uk that's hired the director as manager, sacked the manager / director but kept him on until the end of the season and plan to promote his assistant manager to director. Go figure????????

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

He has done nothing to deserve staying at Hearts.

He was instrumental in Lafferty, Smith and Washington signing through his work with NI, Meshino is here because of the links he's forged with City and because he speaks Japanese, this summer we'll have an unders tournament at Riccarton with the likes of Barcelona, Man City and Bayern Munich present, making more impressions and connections, because of his work and experience behind the scenes. 

You're talking shite mate

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He was instrumental in Lafferty, Smith and Washington signing through his work with NI, Meshino is here because of the links he's forged with City and because he speaks Japanese, this summer we'll have an unders tournament at Riccarton with the likes of Barcelona, Man City and Bayern Munich present, making more impressions and connections, because of his work and experience behind the scenes. 

Nothing new there then. 

3 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Just cant think of another club in the uk that's hired the director as manager, sacked the manager / director but kept him on until the end of the season and plan to promote his assistant manager to director. Go figure????????

I cant tbh.:cornette: 

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

👏👏👏👏👍

8 minutes ago, bighalders said:

The dof and sporting Director roles are quite different. 

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is the tournament the same one that was this Easter & summer? Excellent teams mentioned above if that is true. Great exposure for the young players and Hearts!

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Stavropol said:

Is the tournament the same one that was this Easter & summer? Excellent teams mentioned above if that is true. Great exposure for the young players and Hearts!

it is.

3 minutes ago, Stavropol said:

Yes and there’s been some of Europe’s top teams already attended. 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

it is.

Are the summer dates confirmed for this? Keen to find out more

Edited by Stavropol

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

The dof and sporting Director roles are quite different. 

Yep I get that but the whole levein saga from appointment to sort of sacking plus making his assistant a director just doesn't make sense. Levein should never have got the gig and after a new sporting director and manager are in place  new coaching team should be brought in probably by the new manager 

2 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Yep I get that but the whole levein saga from appointment to sort of sacking plus making his assistant a director just doesn't make sense. Levein should never have got the gig and after a new sporting director and manager are in place  new coaching team should be brought in probably by the new manager 

The sporting director isn’t a coach though and neither roles are board level as far as I’m aware. The new manager will likely bring in his own coaching team. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The sporting director isn’t a coach though and neither roles are board level as far as I’m aware. The new manager will likely bring in his own coaching team. 

i hope so , if daly or fox stay then we should organise someone to kidnap them , take them to middle of nowhere and set them free back in the wild.....

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

I think if McPhee had wanted he could have been off to Stoke.

Seems he is a stick on bet for SD job at Hearts.

If that upsets folk then tough.

Just now, luckydug said:

Stoke have appointed MCKinley as their Assistant, the job never seems to have been AMs.

8 minutes ago, Stavropol said:

Indeed, City were here and we're already getting higher level loans instead of ones unlikely to make it past City's unders teams.

I never turned on Levein. Dont get me wrong, he had to go because he'd lost the fans and I knew it, but I was praying for a miracle until the end. Why? Not because I'm blind, or stupid, or a loser, but because I can see how close we are to being a really special club.

So much foundation work has been done. I look at it like we've spent 5 years building a kit Ferrari and everything's ready, but the engine just won't turn over. Everything else is in place, and once that ignition catches watch us go!

The head mechanic had too many failures though, it's such a shame.

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

He wasn't calling the shots for those three years.

If your manager got sacked for poor perfomance in his job, would you expect to get sacked along with him despite the fact you were simply carrying out his instructions?

And having his own ideas and player options ignored

Allowayjambo1874
45 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair Dave have supporters of any other club had an assistant manager remain at a club after failing with 2 managers and then being offered such a role (still only rumours atm)

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

So you don't know this and are talking shite. Thanks for clarifying.

Clarification was never going to work for you. You have proved that many times over but hey I’m only trying to educate you regarding what football management is all about.

1 hour ago, JamTarts51 said:

If you are a coach or player with Hearts and McPhee being caretaker manager with a chance of being manager or sporting director your hardly going to go public with slagging the guy off are you. No, that’s right and if the media or others ask you about McPhee and the rest of Levein’s Boot Room your only going to be polite and professional about the guy.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Stoke have appointed MCKinley as their Assistant, the job never seems to have been AMs.

Or he didn't want it.

4 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

To be fair Dave have supporters of any other club had an assistant manager remain at a club after failing with 2 managers and then being offered such a role (still only rumours atm)

No idea but IF he becomes SD then it is not a coaching role but more a business management type role. He actually seems pretty qualified given his successful business background and entrepreneurial awards allied with experience and knowledge of football at both club and international level. 

14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Posted earlier in the week I think AM already has the SD role. There’s been lots of leaks/rumours about the new manager but practically nothing about SD.

Austin announced at the same time as the new manager is my guess.

37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So the successful players that came in are all thanks to him and the many duds we have signed are nothing to do with him and as for him speaking Japanese well that makes him invaluable doesn’t it.   🤪

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea but IF he becomes SD then it is not a coaching role but more a business management type role. He actually seems pretty qualified given his successful business background and entrepreneurial awards allied with experience and knowledge of football at both club and international level. 

He does seem to have the skills, experience and contacts to be SD.

19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It will be tough your right.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

So the successful players that came in are all thanks to him and the many duds we have signed are nothing to do with him and as for him speaking Japanese well that makes him invaluable doesn’t it.   🤪

I'm starting to wonder about you

6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Given the role of SD is not a coaching role, why are you against AM getting the role?

i get the whole rewarding people for failure argument but if he’s the best guy for the job it’s not much of a reason not to offer him it.

Just now, Smithee said:

I'm starting to wonder about you

6ft. 3ins. Tall 

Male

Married

4 children

6 grandchildren

Hearts fan all my life

first game Hearts v Aberdeen 5-1 in 1958

Season Ticket holder

Tollcross P, Clermiston P, Tynecastle S.

I’ve known many ex Hearts players over years 

and it’s great listening to them talking about 

Hearts and opponents.