Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• GinRummy

• CloustonHMFC

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geoff Kilpatrick

To be honest, I'm not really bothered who gets this role but if MacPhee then it's pleasing because he won't be the manager. That said, I would have liked Brian McClair but I've no idea if he was interested or not.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Guest ToqueJambo

If true I think this points towards a more modern and open-minded coach like Stendel - known for working with and developing young players and used to working with an SD - rather than a more old school "one of the boys" in Scottish football Stuart McCall type. Or maybe someone like Irvine who has enormous coaching experience but isn't part of the in-crowd up here.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Not sure this is a great appointment. He was part of the problem and should have been cleared out with Levein. However, more than happy to be proved wrong. 

There's no way of knowing how much influence Austin had or didn't have as he was never his own man. We do know that when asked to come up with set piece routines and help with transfers he did that very well.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

There's no way of knowing how much influence Austin had or didn't have as he was never his own man. We do know that when asked to come up with set piece routines and help with transfers he did that very well.

He’s also won 4 out 5 when asked to take charge of the team

2 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

Covering my tracks for what, exactly? I have no reason to cover any tracks. Austin will, 100%, be our Sporting Director. 

DarioHMFC . . . . . .  also known in certain circles as Austin's mum, so it must be true.  Lol.      🤭

I am just surprised that so far, nobody has absolutely slaughtered the idea of Austin being DoF.   What's happening???   😲

Dario is certain and is standing by the info he has received.  Good enough for me.

What we have to hope is that he will form a trusting relationship with the new coach and they will work together effectively.

I hope Austin's role will include unearthing new talent.  He appears to excel in that.  The coach and others will also have that capacity.

Excellent appointment. Austin has exactly the sort of vision and skills you want in a director. He see's us a club that will compete at the top end of the table and regularly qualify for europe - not the qualifying round, actually qualify. The preseason youth tournament and developing relationship with Man City is all him. His successful coaching business clearly shows he's got a business brain and a lot of the quality exciting signings we've made have pretty much been him too. 

I'm hugely optimistic if this comes off. He's made for the role. 

Arthur Morgan
10 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Mcphee WILL be sporting director , Stendel WILL be head coach . Could be announced around 2pm today 

Source?

Edited by Arthur Morgan

26 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Mcphee WILL be sporting director , Stendel WILL be head coach . Could be announced around 2pm today 

Big claim that is about Stendel after some on the stuff posted in the Stendel thread. I hope you’re right. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

St Mirren x2, Motherwell and Livingston

Ok, thanks. Puts a perspective on those 4 wins.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ok, thanks. Puts a perspective on those 4 wins.

Well considering for the last year we couldn’t buy a win against those teams 🤷‍♂️

Macphee as SD makes absolute sense to me. Don’t thing he gets the credit he deserves from the fans. Very clever guy with a very modern way of coaching. The tournament and “relationship” with Man City are down to him. We will probably have him long term makes him a standout candidate. 👌🏽

Toxteth O'Grady

McPhee has very little experience of being a manager and no experience whatsoever of being a Sporting Director. I’m puzzled why people are happy about this. 

Gets him out the dugout at least but one has to feel Budge is taking the piss even advertising these vacancies and going through the recruitment process. 

Happy with both if true

stendel was the stand out candidate. McPhee is well like around the club 

Stendel likes attacking football something we've been deprived off for 3 years 

Now lets get both done today 

Bazzas right boot

Highly rated by our fa and the Irish fa. 

Had offers from Japan last year. 

Time will tell, but he's highly rated and he's chosen to stick with us. 

That does not happen much. 

McPhee is miles out of his depth. He was part of the Cathro disaster and should not be at the club.

He would have had input in all the previous signing disasters..

After his team selection at Hampden he shouldn’t have any position at the Club.

He is a self promoting disaster.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Happy with both if true

stendel was the stand out candidate. McPhee is well like around the club 

Stendel likes attacking football something we've been deprived off for 3 years 

Now lets get both done today 

Not sure Stendel is the stand out candidate. 

He's relatively inexperienced compared to many and hasn't managed many games. 

He's also had limited success as a manager, very limited- if any. 

He's the exciting appointment tho. 

Relatively young, good reviews from fans, on the up, good style of football- apparently. 

Don't think he's a stand out appointment tho, his management CV so far is very average, at best. 

McCall or Robinson would have been the safer type of appointment, this at least shows some ambition and shows that even after Cathro we are prepared to take a risk. 

When this role was created it sounded like it had been made for McPhee. Maybe interviewed others to see if more suitable for the role but he is definitely rated

John Gentleman
4 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

DarioHMFC . . . . . .  also known in certain circles as Austin's mum, so it must be true.  Lol.      🤭

I am just surprised that so far, nobody has absolutely slaughtered the idea of Austin being DoF.   What's happening???   😲

Maybe because it's an appropriate appointment with broad support?

7 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

It makes sense as he knows Scottish football, the club and has a wealth of contacts. He's successfully sold the club to a number of new signings too that I don't think we would have got otherwise. 

I'll be very happy if this gets confirmed tomorrow. 

My thoughts also 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That’s not what I’m led to believe.

Yeah, one of the reporters on Sportsound, maybe Brian mclauchlin (?) when the news of Levein's sacking broke stated he'd be amazed if MacPhee was given either top job, as he's strongly disliked in the Hearts dressing room.

No idea whether there's any credence to this claim though.

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

willie wallace

I have to admit I am very surprised at the high praise given to McPhee on this thread and others.

I hope you guys are right but on our play since he joined the club fail to see much evidence of why he seems to be such a popular choice for the job..

By the way why is it now  called Sporting Director.

We only play football.

8 hours ago, smiler said:

i8’s going to be ****ing spewing.

That usually means there's good news about something! 

Just kidding i8! 😉

34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Gets him out the dugout at least but one has to feel Budge is taking the piss even advertising these vacancies and going through the recruitment process. 

Standard practice. We think we have the right person internally for the job but let’s test the market to see if there’s better available. Can’t fault that thinking. Also taken nearly three weeks to look externally rather than rushing into an appointment. Yet again good business practice. 

But bash on with your Budge-bashing. 

Not sure about this tbh . 

Negotiate players  contracts  and transfer fees , recruitment,  scouting system , medical dept . 

Will he have the skills and the balls to make changes and be his own man ? 

Does he have the experience for the role or  is it a  convenient appointment for a thoroughly nice bloke ? 

Essentially was he the best candidate? 

Hopefully and the best of luck  to him . The manager appointment will tell us more I expect. 

49 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

McPhee has very little experience of being a manager and no experience whatsoever of being a Sporting Director. I’m puzzled why people are happy about this. 

I think the fact that he has never been a manager is a good thing.  Putting an experienced manager in that role could undermine the manager and the temptation to get involved, offer advice  interfere is always there. McPhee has a lot of experience with academies and ,identifying players and has good contacts. He has also worked right across the globe too, which can only be a good thing. If confirmed, it will be a good appointment imo and it will end any talk of him being appointed manager.

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure Stendel is the stand out candidate. 

He's relatively inexperienced compared to many and hasn't managed many games. 

He's also had limited success as a manager, very limited- if any. 

He's the exciting appointment tho. 

Relatively young, good reviews from fans, on the up, good style of football- apparently. 

Don't think he's a stand out appointment tho, his management CV so far is very average, at best. 

McCall or Robinson would have been the safer type of appointment, this at least shows some ambition and shows that even after Cathro we are prepared to take a risk. 

Robinson’s cv is weaker than Stendel given the levels they have been operating at. Agree re McCall having a stronger background

17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That’s not what I’m led to believe.

That was just Brian McLaughlin stirring it along with his old mates Preston and Miller. 

I think this is a sound appointment.  Rather than 'part of the problem' the positive view might be that despite the shite that was delivered by Cathro and then Levein, MacPhee has remained at the club.  He must be impressing someone.  Though the usual roasters will come back with, "Aye, he's impressing that mad granny who's killing our club!"

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Who is going to tell Mitch? 

Who cares.  Same goes for the other roaster who likes to give everyone at the club nicknames but is never at the ground to shout them out.

10 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I have to admit I am very surprised at the high praise given to McPhee on this thread and others.

I hope you guys are right but on our play since he joined the club fail to see much evidence of why he seems to be such a popular choice for the job..

By the way why is it now  called Sporting Director.

We only play football.

Now that the women’s team have been promoted we will be starting basketball, ice-hockey and rugby teams soon. All funded by our season ticket money. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Robinson’s cv is weaker than Stendel given the levels they have been operating at. Agree re McCall having a stronger background

Agreed it's better, but still "stand out" over him and many others on the list? 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think the fact that he has never been a manager is a good thing.  Putting an experienced manager in that role could undermine the manager and the temptation to get involved, offer advice  interfere is always there. McPhee has a lot of experience with academies and ,identifying players and has good contacts. He has also worked right across the globe too, which can only be a good thing. If confirmed, it will be a good appointment imo and it will end any talk of him being appointed manager.

Good post

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We never advertised a vacancy for the role of Sporting Director.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Now that the women’s team have been promoted we will be starting basketball, ice-hockey and rugby teams soon. All funded by our season ticket money. 

Hopefully fund peta and animal charity's too.