Sporting Director - unconfirmed

CloustonHMFC

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Getting paid for **** all, same as the last three years.

Exactly ! Failed for last 3 years and got rewarded with a pay rise unbelievably 

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• GinRummy

• CloustonHMFC

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McFraud must be the luckiest ***** alive. Lucky for us he didn’t take that world level job in India, eh?

Mc4-wins-out-of-5 shouldn't be blamed for his superiors' failings.

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So he's went from leveins assistant to leveins boss ? There should be a complete clear out of the losers from the club in my opinion 

Then please hand in your Season Ticket at the earliest opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Mrs Budge has done an amazing job on the business side of the club while the football department have failed miserably and wasted vast amounts of money in the process 

Surely in your way of thinking Ann Budge should be the first to go being responsible for Levein, Cathro and MacPhee.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Surely in your way of thinking Ann Budge should be the first to go being responsible for Levein, Cathro and MacPhee.

There would be nobody left if the empty vessels had their way😕

Sexton Hardcastle

Very pleasing the appointment will rile the utter morons on this board and our support.

****ing Marvelous. Best of luck Austin.

Horatio Caine

If it is Austin I wish him all the best.  I actually think he'd be a good choice and don't really get all the negative posts.

19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Getting paid for **** all, same as the last three years.

Probably not one single employee of the club worked harder than Levein the last three years.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

If it is Austin I wish him all the best.  I actually think he'd be a good choice and don't really get all the negative posts.

Aye, If we're willing to give underperforming players a second chance free of Levein's influence we should afford Mr Austin the same courtesy.

26 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Jealousy from guys on their computer achieving Fk all compared to a guy that has been involved in football at a decent level as a coach and assistant most of his adult life circa 700 games, but the geniuses know he’s shite at his job and should be “binned with the rest of the boot room “ I’d trust the word of Michael O’Neill over anyone on here 

Horatio Caine
Just now, qferryjam said:

Jealousy from guys on their computer achieving Fk all compared to a guy that has been involved in football at a decent level as a coach and assistant most of his adult life circa 700 games, but the geniuses know he’s shite at his job and should be “binned with the rest of the boot room “ I’d trust the word of Michael O’Neill over anyone on here 

Amen to that.

4 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Yeah, one of the reporters on Sportsound, maybe Brian mclauchlin (?) when the news of Levein's sacking broke stated he'd be amazed if MacPhee was given either top job, as he's strongly disliked in the Hearts dressing room.

No idea whether there's any credence to this claim though.

If he's that 'disliked' the players sure showed him by, um, performing well when he has been in charge. 

He seems personable, articulate and in high demand and has personally encouraged some players to join us - hardly the type of person that would be unlinked. 

2 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

As I said earlier I've warmed to the idea of Austin and think he'd make a good SD. Saying fans are just jealous is incorrect imo they just don't think he should be hear after working under 2 failed managers. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Very pleasing the appointment will rile the utter morons on this board and our support.

****ing Marvelous. Best of luck Austin.

Fairly encouraging thread, one or two displeased but most people seeing this as a sensible move.

I would have been less than happy or will be, if he is rolled out as manager, but this technical role, strategy, academy, negotiation, I think is made for him. He is clearly a first class analyst, sought after by both of the major football associations globally, he is perfectly qualified to be a technical director.

Managing and coaching football players is altogether different, though I believe he could do it, I doubt whether he is good enough to do it, yet, at Hearts.

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

If he's that 'disliked' the players sure showed him by, um, performing well when he has been in charge. 

He seems personable, articulate and in high demand and has personally encouraged some players to join us - hardly the type of person that would be unlinked. 

Yes. He's all these things.

He is also very passionate so can be quite direct. In my experience that is the main reason people say other people are "difficult" or otherwise not liked. 

He'll change things if they need changed. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Billy McKinlay appointed Stoke assistant manager, if that’s relevant. 

I would presume McPhee turned this down and why McKinley withdrew his application for the managers job

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

I would presume McPhee turned this down and why McKinley withdrew his application for the managers job

Maybe also McPhee's role was more suited to an international team. Martin O'Neill mentioned his value in getting messages across quickly to a squad just together for a few days at a time.

Maybe less needed at Stoke with other permanent staff there. 

11 hours ago, blairdin said:

I know Budge likes him, but I'm not so sure he'll be either Sporting Director or first team boss (call it what you will). 

We'll know soon enough. 

I agree actually.

Think the whole lot from this disastrous management team should go and a complete new set up should come in and start totally afresh.

McPhee has been there with Cathro and Levein remember and look how that turned out.

Maybe he would be more suited to this role, I don't know, but personally I would prefer the Levein squad all to leave the club. 😏

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Shall we reprise all the football experts quoted saying  cathro was an excellent coach and would do well?

People are permitted to have doubts if this appointment is made given his association with failure at the club thus far.

all about opinions. 

Thanks for some balance. 

15 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

I've seen Michael O'Neill so tired and emotional that he couldn't walk down a corridor without first hitting one wall and then the other :laugh:

What new roles can we create for Daly and Foxy?  They getting absolved for the first team results too?

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

As I said earlier I've warmed to the idea of Austin and think he'd make a good SD. Saying fans are just jealous is incorrect imo they just don't think he should be hear after working under 2 failed managers. 

When you hear personal stuff about how he dresses etc , I’m also referring to personal comments I’ve heard at games here, it’s apparent he doesn’t fit some peoples idea of a football person , in my experience this stems from their own inability to achieve what they want or think where they should be in life so jealousy might be simplistic , I get the failed manager bit but he seems to bring much more to the club and if he’d of failed personally at Hearts I’d imagine he’d have left with Cathro or Levein 

1 minute ago, Coco said:

I've seen Michael O'Neill so tired and emotional that he couldn't walk down a corridor without first hitting one wall and then the other :laugh:

What new roles can we create for Daly and Foxy?  They getting absolved for the first team results too?

So is M O a failure as a manger?Does how he conducts himself make his opinion wrong? fox failed on his little jaunt to fife , Daly not really sure what his role is so if the new manager decided they were surplus then I’d loose no sleep but need to give them the chance 

1 minute ago, qferryjam said:

So is M O a failure as a manger?Does how he conducts himself make his opinion wrong? fox failed on his little jaunt to fife , Daly not really sure what his role is so if the new manager decided they were surplus then I’d loose no sleep but need to give them the chance 

No he's been excellent but was just a justified dig at the Hibs legend O'Neill.

I think MacPhee, Daly and Foxy have had much more than a fair chance at Hearts.  All should go. 

1 hour ago, bazman said:

MacPhee is not only a good coach and highly regarded in that way he also a businessman. He's had his business AMsports running for longer than he has been a coach and I'm pretty sure it was him that started up Cupar Hearts aswell. So the director business aspect won't be an issue 

I believe he will do well in this role if he decides to take it. Good luck to him if he does.

He started AM Soccer Club not Cupar Hearts - they have been going for over 100 years! He was manager there for a season according to the internet. 

6 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

When you hear personal stuff about how he dresses etc , I’m also referring to personal comments I’ve heard at games here, it’s apparent he doesn’t fit some peoples idea of a football person , in my experience this stems from their own inability to achieve what they want or think where they should be in life so jealousy might be simplistic , I get the failed manager bit but he seems to bring much more to the club and if he’d of failed personally at Hearts I’d imagine he’d have left with Cathro or Levein 

I agree the personal stuff is awful. Anyone who looks, acts or talks in any way out of the ordinary in football, is targeted in an unfair way.

As I said I'm in favour of the McPhee for SD idea. I was a bit blinded by my desperation to get Levein out but after reading stuff on here and doing a bit of research I think he's ideally suited to the role.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Michael O Neill obviously rates him very highly and suggests he is made for the role. 

Who should we listen to. Some frothing punters or a highly respected football coach who attributes part of his success to the man?

**** its a head scratcher 

Well said. I am open minded about the appointments and freely admit  that I don,t have a clue if Austin is the right man or not. Unlike many on here though I prefer to listen to someone like the NI manager who gave him a ringing endorsement and quite simply stated if he did not have the qualities for the job he would,nt have been there. He is a well respected figure within the game and his timely appointment of Donald Park on a temporary basis to me displayed sound judgement. (wonder how John Daly feels about that.).It is predictable that when a post becomes available there is a clamor to get in a colourful flavour of the month character who  will revolutionise the set up and everything in the garden will be rosy. If we do appoint Stendel it will be a gamble as most managerial appointments invariably are but unlike the Barnsley fans I doubt we will be buying him drinks in the 1874 bar if he only wins one out of ten games. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
58 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

The fickle nature of the football fan, so many wanted him punted completely now he’s a ‘great appointment’.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/185614-mcphee-you-can-get-your-coat-too-pal/

He wouldn't be doing this job any longer, you do realise that.........do you?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Well said. I am open minded about the appointments and freely admit  that I don,t have a clue if Austin is the right man or not. Unlike many on here though I prefer to listen to someone like the NI manager who gave him a ringing endorsement and quite simply stated if he did not have the qualities for the job he would,nt have been there. He is a well respected figure within the game and his timely appointment of Donald Park on a temporary basis to me displayed sound judgement. (wonder how John Daly feels about that.).It is predictable that when a post becomes available there is a clamor to get in a colourful flavour of the month character who  will revolutionise the set up and everything in the garden will be rosy. If we do appoint Stendel it will be a gamble as most managerial appointments invariably are but unlike the Barnsley fans I doubt we will be buying him drinks in the 1874 bar if he only wins one out of ten games. 

I think that 1 in 10, and a league cup thrashing at home to Pressleys Carlisle seem to have been completely overlooked.

FWIW I don't know what credentials Daly or Fox have, but neither seem to have any of the experience MacPhee has in the game. I would envisage a new manager will bring his coaching team with him and there will be indeed a clean sweep of the coaching staff with MacPhee firmly ensconced in the office

Tenaciousdandy
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

That was just Brian McLaughlin stirring it along with his old mates Preston and Miller. 

The BBC were also made to apologise for those comments 

Think this will turn out to be a good appointment, he's clearly a clever guy with good contacts and seems to have a business brain so think it's a plus that he he isn't a ex manager, so no chance of interfering with the first team 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Billy McKinlay appointed Stoke assistant manager, if that’s relevant. 

That confirms no role for Austin. O’Neill clearly held off on announcement until he spoke to Austin. 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Huge step up from Assistant to Director. Huge amount of additional responsibility and expectation. Seems to have something about him so hope he thrives in the role.

Any idea why we've waited 3 weeks to make it official?

To see if he was going to be persuaded to go to Stoke? Maybe, dont know for sure but must have been a factor.  Also, does he have a cast-iron contract with NI like O’Neills? 

1 hour ago, bazman said:

MacPhee is not only a good coach and highly regarded in that way he also a businessman. He's had his business AMsports running for longer than he has been a coach and I'm pretty sure it was him that started up Cupar Hearts aswell. So the director business aspect won't be an issue 

He is also key in our developing Man C relationship as well as the big youth tournaments we are organising. 

husref musemic

good appointment for me. 

if anyone is unsure what he brings to the club listen to Michael O'Neill on sportsound last week. i think it was Monday.

Good stuff.

Things on a knife edge. In one corner the nearly always reliable The Sun. 

In the other people confidently quoting sources saying its NOT Stendel and MacPhee. 

What will the outcome be? 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Probably not one single employee of the club worked harder than Levein the last three years.

Have no doubt this is true.

Allowayjambo1874
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He wouldn't be doing this job any longer, you do realise that.........do you?

I said in my post that many fans wanted him punted COMPLETELY in others words right out of the club. 
The point I was trying to make was how some fans can do complete u-turns in the space of a few weeks, I wasn’t making any comment on that post about his suitability as a SD.

There’s no need for Sanctimonious posts, I’m not belittling your opinion there is no need to belittle mine.

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

O’Neill seems to have been elevated to a god-like status where his opinions trump those of any other experienced ex-pros.
Not sure why?

Perhaps because the other ex pros are Willy Miller and Alan Preston!?!

5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Is that his excuse for the last three years? He didn’t interfere with the first team?

He wasn't calling the shots for those three years.

If your manager got sacked for poor perfomance in his job, would you expect to get sacked along with him despite the fact you were simply carrying out his instructions?