Sporting Director - unconfirmed

CloustonHMFC

40 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why would I run about finding your old posts?? I will repeat....you supported the previous manager.  In fact, you were one of the more fanatical ones.

Have to agree with that

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• GinRummy

• CloustonHMFC

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert

Not been following the speculation on the new appointments closely - life is too short. But I do keep wondering whenever I see it what the title of this thread means. Has a sporting director been chosen but not yet accepted? Is the appointment awaiting the new manager's approval? or as it seems to be with the manager appointment is it just that no-one has a clue?

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I supported the Hearts manager until he left, I was desperate for him to turn it round. I kept it to myself because of the furious, frenzied tone on here, but so what?

And of course you are and were as entitled to that opinion as anyone else. Others held the same view.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And of course you are and were as entitled to that opinion as anyone else. Others held the same view.

Yeah, but so what? We all have different views, should I be humble too?

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I will repeat

You are talking utter garbage - again!

Kickback's version of Alan Preston!!

Now Alan Preston joins Michael Stewart, Gary Mackay and others in being the bad guy. All Hearts supporters of course...and AP buys a number of STs for himself and family each year, and is also a shareholder and FOH subscriber. A non Hearts supporter in McPhee, accusing Preston of "choosing to work" on a Saturday is a bit cheap, given he does exactly the same.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, but so what? We all have different views, should I be humble too?

You didn't post a comment about something that was the square root of f** all to do with you. Al dishes it out so shouldn't be surprised when he gets it back. 

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Now Alan Preston joins Michael Stewart, Gary Mackay and others in being the bad guy. All Hearts supporters of course...and AP buys a number of STs for himself and family each year, and is also a shareholder and FOH subscriber. A non Hearts supporter in McPhee, accusing Preston of "choosing to work" on a Saturday is a bit cheap, given he does exactly the same.

All three are complete self-serving melts who regularly rubbish the club in the media. I'd be happy if they all ****ed off and supported H1b5. 

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I thought Austin was a bit over the top with his interview.

Standing his ground, but also imo a bit ranty, but in a softly spoken way.🤔

Perhaps a way to deal with these things would  be for Hearts to contact Hearts supporters Stewart, MacKay and Preston, pointing out any clear factual errors which they can rescind and apologise for......

But they likely wouldn't.  That is the ex playing supporters.

Edited by DETTY29

Craig Levein (this time around) was one of the worst managers in history of the club. Those who supported him to the bitter end, should be held accountable, and force fed Jammie Dodgers, for at least a month. 

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You didn't post a comment about something that was the square root of f** all to do with you. Al dishes it out so shouldn't be surprised when he gets it back. 

Ah, so you're not having a dig at him for supporting the last manager, but for him being a dick? Then how does this fit in?

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why would I run about finding your old posts?? I will repeat....you supported the previous manager.  In fact, you were one of the more fanatical ones.

Think you need to take this stuff less personally mate.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Craig Levein (this time around) was one of the worst managers in history of the club. Those who supported him to the bitter end, should be held accountable, and force fed Jammie Dodgers, for at least a month. 

Hardly a punishment. I love jammie dodgers :)

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Jambo Al how could you cope with that or would you get injured in the process?

:P

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Apparently he didn't support him. An outlandish claim, i know, but that's his line.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ah, so you're not having a dig at him for supporting the last manager, but for him being a dick? Then how does this fit in?

Think you need to take this stuff less personally mate.

Fair point Smithee. 

25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I thought Austin was a bit over the top with his interview.

Standing his ground, but also imo a bit ranty, but in a softly spoken way.🤔

Perhaps a way to deal with these things would  be for Hearts to contact Hearts supporters Stewart, MacKay and Preston, pointing out any clear factual errors which they can rescind and apologise for......

But they likely wouldn't.  That is the ex playing supporters.

I really respect the way Austin McPhee has responded, taking a stand with passion, confidence and professionalism. Quite unique and refreshing and shows that he isn't and never will be 'one of the boys'. It stops short of seige mentality which is very skilful on his part. Whatever his appointment (or lack of) he has shown nothing but class in the face of class less reporting, comment and analysis.

52 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

My God,  You really are desperate if you absorb anything Innerjambo posts.

51 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Apparently he didn't support him. An outlandish claim, i know, but that's his line.

I didn't say I didn't support him nor did I say that I did.  Another Enzo Preston moment.  BTW are you him?

I sympathised with him re the terrible injury situation he faced.

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

All three are complete self-serving melts who regularly rubbish the club in the media. I'd be happy if they all ****ed off and supported H1b5. 

And take Enzo with them

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't say I didn't support him nor did I say that I did.  Another Enzo Preston moment.  BTW are you him?

Do you think Ann was right to sack him from both jobs?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not sure everyone understands the Director role should be more of a business brain than a football one. 

Both would be fabulous 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You seem strangely obsessed with Alan Preston's comments. Are they having that much of an impact on you?

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

You seem strangely obsessed with Alan Preston's comments. Are they having that much of an impact on you?

They were shit comments tbf.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Do you think Ann was right to sack him from both jobs?

What has this to do with the new SD?

It looks as though the usual suspects are trying to turn yet another thread into a CL bashing exercise.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

no idea what the argument is or debate to be polite however , Preston was bang out of order , Mackay and Preston get facts wrong constantly in their comments about the club and Stewaet much as I can’t stand him and he very much had an agenda against CL that made it impossible for him to be balanced in his opinion is usually the best of three. 

Edited by sadj

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not in the least and certainly not nearly as obsessed as you are with Levein.

This thread is not about me nor Levein.  It is about a new SD but your worrying obsessions cannot allow you to deal with this.

I'm sure help will be available in your locality to overcome this.

2 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Can't see how anyone who has never been a Manager or Head Coach can be the Sporting Director. That rules out McPhee.

I don’t think that Rangers Sporting Director director has been a manager previously. 

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What has this to do with the new SD?

It looks as though the usual suspects are trying to turn yet another thread into a CL bashing exercise.

That’s rich. You and your wee playmates have been bickering about a load of shite and I ask you a perfectly reasonable question (about the same shite you’ve been talking about) and you pull me up for it 😀

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That’s rich. You and your wee playmates have been bickering about a load of shite and I ask you a perfectly reasonable question (about the same shite you’ve been talking about) and you pull me up for it 😀

But it has nothing to do with the thread so why are you getting yourself all worked up?

Just now, JamboAl said:

But it has nothing to do with the thread so why are you getting yourself all worked up?

I’m not worked up I was just slightly surprised by your response. Have a look at your last ten posts on this thread and explain how they are on topic? 

It’s been known for clubs to buy players against their managers wishes before (Lafferty/Gerrard or Vlad) and for Sporting Directors to sign players when a club doesn’t even have a manager (Hibs binning Lennon in January then signing McNulty, Johnson &  Bigirimana on deadline day).

As long as both the manager and sporting director know their boundaries and can work together then there is no reason for it not to work. I’m half hoping that there’s no news because AB wants to make sure the pair of them can work together.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not worked up I was just slightly surprised by your response. Have a look at your last ten posts on this thread and explain how they are on topic? 

Tough!

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What is? 

Sorry.  Not playing your games while off topic.

There are/have been loads of threads about CL but this is not one of them

Just now, JamboAl said:

Sorry.  Not playing your games while off topic.

There are/have been loads of threads about CL but this is not one of them

I’m not playing games. The majority of your posts on this thread have been off topic. Before Levein was fired I always read your posts regarding injuries etc. As it was off topic anyway I took the opportunity to ask your opinion on CL’s dismissal 

Why you think I’m playing games is baffling. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not playing games. The majority of your posts on this thread have been off topic. Before Levein was fired I always read your posts regarding injuries etc. As it was off topic anyway I took the opportunity to ask your opinion on CL’s dismissal 

👍👍

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It is indeed, isn't it?

Do you have have something new to say re the SD?  That's not baffling, given the thread title.

Just now, JamboAl said:

It is indeed, isn't it?

Do you have have something new to say re the SD?  That's not baffling, given the thread title.

Yes it is. 

Do you?

I’ve already said I think McPhee has the ideal skill set to put himself front and centre for the SD role. His dignity and intelligence in yesterday’s press conference firmed up my view. My only misgiving is he, himself may feel he’d like to continue coaching.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yes it is. 

Do you?

I’ve already said I think McPhee has the ideal skill set to put himself front and centre for the SD role. His dignity and intelligence in yesterday’s press conference firmed up my view. My only misgiving is he, himself may feel he’d like to continue coaching.

I think he would be better equipped (at this stage) for SD rather than manager where he has a lack of front line experience.  I also agree he probably sees himself more as manager which seems to be the case also with other potential candidates like Irvine and Freeman.

Just now, JamboAl said:

I think he would be better equipped (at this stage) for SD rather than manager where he has a lack of front line experience.  I also agree he probably sees himself more as manager which seems to be the case also with other potential candidates like Irvine and Freeman.

Pretty much the way I see it. One of the things attracting me to AM for SD is his work with youth. The success of the academy is all important long term. For similar reasons, if Austin didn’t want the job, I’d be keen on Brian McClair.

PaulHartley10

So what's the opinion on MacPhee for sporting director now?

Talks a good game but I would be happy to see him move to Stoke. Seen next to nothing on his scouting of opponents either.

If we have enough cash I really would love a clean break. MacPhee, Daly, Fox and Gallacher out.

On 21/11/2019 at 08:51, Sir Gio said:

Michael O Neill obviously rates him very highly and suggests he is made for the role. 

Who should we listen to. Some frothing punters or a highly respected football coach who attributes part of his success to the man?

**** its a head scratcher 

I will stick to listening to the fans thanks. Boy is an imposter. 

Keep listening to your Hibs pal by all means tho. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I will stick to listening to the fans thanks. Boy is an imposter. 

Keep listening to your Hibs pal by all means tho. 

He's not a coach and never suggested it once. 

Bit of a pish children's response all the same 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He's not a coach and never suggested it once. 

Bit of a pish children's response all the same 

Mine or yours! 😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Mine or yours! 😂

Its not my one pal. The difference between a manager and a director is night and day. 

Guy is not a manager,  never once have I suggested he should be the manager. 

If he isn't the director he doesn't have a job 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its not my one pal. The difference between a manager and a director is night and day. 

Guy is not a manager,  never once have I suggested he should be the manager. 

If he isn't the director he doesn't have a job 

Yours was a childish post.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Yours was a childish post.

Nothing worse than calling someone Hibs. 

Worst behaviour possible :)

6 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Why is Macphee being considered for sporting director, a role he has never done before

This.

The guy has zero playing experience as well. Far more qualified folk out there before mcphee