Press conference 4/11 ( updated )

JamboSpur

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

She was asked a question she answered it. She said she’d ask his opinion which given the guys been in football for 40 years isn’t a bad thing. He doesn’t have the final say and I’m sure the decision will sit with more than just AB. I just think too many people are getting wound up for no reason. Let’s see who lands the jobs and judge then, tbh we don’t have much choice.

You're right about seeing who gets the job first.  After the last few years of him having all that power, fans are going to be a bit sceptical until they see that the new man has nothing to do with levein.  

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• RobNox

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perth to Paisley
9 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

A lot of us won't move on until he is gone due to the power he held af the club.  That is understandable.   

That power has been neutered.

I dont have an issue CL doing a job he is good at away from 1st team duties.

The backroom staff will either be gone or quickly transfer their loyalty to the new guy (assuming it will be a man)

Just now, Perth to Paisley said:

The backroom staff will either be gone or quickly transfer their loyalty to the new guy (assuming it will be a man)

If they are kept on, fans won't be happy.  They are also to blame for the position the first team is in.  

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

You're right about seeing who gets the job first.  After the last few years of him having all that power, fans are going to be a bit sceptical until they see that the new man has nothing to do with levein.  

I get that and as you know I wanted him gone. Just feels like a time to let them get on with it. AB is going to be asked questions as the media are always looking for an angle, I don’t think she gives a shit though what others think.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Indeed. Budge & Levein both think they're bigger than the club. 

Totally disagree. 

Would suggest they are both in exit mode and want to go out with a bit of organisation. 

Think she has done well this week myself. Benefactors must think so too.

Fort Vallance
38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly, every chairman and ceo in football when making a managerial appointment will take soundings from previous clubs, players, associates etc. In other words they will ‘consult’ with others to gain insight into the background, methods, character of potential hires. Mrs Budge just confirmed to us that she is planning to do this. It beggars belief, if she said she would just make the hiring decision on her own the same posters on here would be up in arms because ‘she knows nothing about football’ so how can she hire the next manager. 

The good thing about her stance is that she isn't going to fall into the ego trap. How many people have taken over a club thinking they know better than anyone and it's gone pear shaped. The leagues are littered with people who have put their money in and said it's my ball, I'll run it how I want.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I get that and as you know I wanted him gone. Just feels like a time to let them get on with it. AB is going to be asked questions as the media are always looking for an angle, I don’t think she gives a shit though what others think.

Really just want to enjoy being a hearts fan again and feel that the club have genuinely learnt from this.  How long has it been since we really enjoyed our games etc? Just want to look forward to our games again as well.  Look at Sunday.  As soon as we saw the line up, we knew it was the same old.  It used to be great being a hearts fan  

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

I love the idea that Ann Budge has no ‘football knowledge’ unlike the parade of male chancers who have occupied the upper echelons of Scottish football clubs for decades!

Unreal. 

Aye, that Dave king is well known in football. 

Fergus Mcann was a well known good football man when he turned celtic round. 

The guys that own arsenal, man Utd, Chelsea, man City etc are all really good football men. 

Maybe some are, cba looking. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Perth to Paisley
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

If they are kept on, fans won't be happy.  They are also to blame for the position the first team is in.  

If Levein had all the influence you claim he had it may be the backroom staff are brilliant but had no voice...Should we throw the baby out with the bathwater because 'the fans won't be happy"- bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I personally don't know but I expect they will be gone or deployed in a lesser role they are good at in the same way Levein has.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Totally disagree. 

Would suggest they are both in exit mode and want to go out with a bit of organisation. 

Think she has done well this week myself. Benefactors must think so too.

ooooh the benefactors

Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

a pile of emotional idiots

Does she not get the fact that if we weren't emotional, we wouldn't be putting as much into the club as we are. 

7 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

What is CL actually good at?  Appointing Robbie Neilson as manager was the only good thing he did.  Everything else he touched in his 2nd spell at Hearts was a disaster.

1 minute ago, Perth to Paisley said:

If Levein had all the influence you claim he had it may be the backroom staff are brilliant but had no voice...Should we throw the baby out with the bathwater because 'the fans won't be happy"- bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I personally don't know but I expect they will be gone or deployed in a lesser role they are good at in the same way Levein has.

If its lesser roles, then I can't see why.  If they are still here its shocking 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

What is CL actually good at?  Appointing Robbie Neilson as manager was the only good thing he did.  Everything else he touched in his 2nd spell at Hearts was a disaster.

That's unfair ! He has rebuilt the academy from basically scratch 

Perth to Paisley
5 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Really just want to enjoy being a hearts fan again

Agreed

and feel that the club have genuinely learnt from this. 

Agreed

How long has it been since we really enjoyed our games etc? Just want to look forward to our games again as well. 

Too long

Look at Sunday.  As soon as we saw the line up, we knew it was the same old.  It used to be great being a hearts fan  

Still is great but it frustrating _ but that's part of it@

At last something we agree on something.

I away back to watch Napoli

Perth to Paisley
3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Manager ^ he proved to be useless

Football  dept reorganisation post Vlad mess he has reportedly done a good job.

6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

The whole structure of our football club, the academy, the growing links with Man City, the youth tournaments with some of the best clubs in the world attending. The list is countless. Yes the first team has been shambolic since Neilson left however that does not make all his other work obsolete. 

Craig Levein holds no power at Hearts anymore. That much is abundantly clear. I would like Ann Badge to stay but as has been previously mentioned, I think she’s now going into exit mode and will be out after the season is up. 

I’ve read on this thread plenty times that she’s back tracked, I’d don’t understand how people have come to that conclusion? Does someone care to explain?

Edited by DarioHMFC

18 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hopefully get these next 2 appointments spot on and then Mrs Budge should remain because off the field we've never been stronger , she's done fantastic job on the business side but been let down by levein on  the football side 

Football is the product she is trying to flog, which has been woeful for a long period.

There is a role for her on the Board however the Club needs a CEO with a decent knowledge of football, going forward ,imho.

1 minute ago, Jingle Bells said:

Football is the product she is trying to flog, which has been woeful for a long period.

There is a role for her on the Board however the Club needs a CEO with a decent knowledge of football, going forward ,imho.

With a good sporting direction and a very experienced manager (not Head coach) then I disagree that we need a CEO with a decent knowledge of football. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Running the business side she's done an amazing job ! She's been let down by the football side that she's provided with every resource possible 

I tell you what, though, the quicker we get someone in and can move forward from all this pish the better. This place is like Groundhog Day. Same shite spouted day in and day out by the same folk. Been like that for months. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

I love the idea that Ann Budge has no ‘football knowledge’ unlike the parade of male chancers who have occupied the upper echelons of Scottish football clubs for decades!

Unreal. 

This is where I’m at too. When she does go, she’ll be replaced by another one of them too. Of that I have little doubt. 

7 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

With a good sporting direction and a very experienced manager (not Head coach) then I disagree that we need a CEO with a decent knowledge of football. 

How long will it take her to remove the next Manager if he  happens to be another dud too?

Edited by Jingle Bells

Just now, Jingle Bells said:

How long will it take her to remove the next Manager if he is happens to be another dud?

Obviously no one can answer that question unless the situation arises but I think she’ll have learnt from he mistakes. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Jingle Bells said:

How long will it take her to remove the next Manager if he is happens to be another dud?

Let's be positive and say these appointments going to be spot on 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

This is news to everyone who has been following football for more than 5 minutes. Owners and CEOs are notorious for knowing nothing more about football than any fan, but for believing they do. A CEO's job is the money and business side, not the day to day. 

Budge should be praised for not acting like she knows what she's doing in a football sense like so many others. Vlad, Robinson and Mercer for example. I also suspect that because she's big enough to admit other folk know more tan her and is willing to seek out advisors, she probably actually DOES know more than the typical owner and CEO.

Remember when Mercer used to be photographed with players who signed or extended their contracts? Or Romanov spouting off about all things football related? Budge wants nothing to do with that. She's smart enough to outsource things to better qualified people.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is news to everyone who has been following football for more than 5 minutes. Owners and CEOs are notorious for knowing nothing more about football than any fan, but for believing they do. A CEO's job is the money and business side, not the day to day. 

Budge should be praised for not acting like she knows what she's doing in a football sense like so many others. Vlad, Robinson and Mercer for example. I also suspect that because she's big enough to admit other folk know more tan her and is willing to seek out advisors, she probably actually DOES know more than the typical owner and CEO.

Remember when Mercer used to be photographed with players who signed or extended their contracts? Or Romanov spouting off about all things football related? Budge wants nothing to do with that. She's smart enough to outsource things to better qualified people.

Correct Mrs Budge deserves credit for being honest enough to say she's no football expert 

24 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

At last something we agree on something.

I away back to watch Napoli

I tried to catch the second half of the Chelsea game but the sound is about 10 seconds ahead of the picture on my iptv.  

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Running the business side she's done an amazing job ! She's been let down by the football side that she's provided with every resource possible 

If she was knowledgable about football that would have been noticed sooner and therefore the Club would not have been selling a substandard product for such an extended period.

17 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I tell you what, though, the quicker we get someone in and can move forward from all this pish the better. This place is like Groundhog Day. Same shite spouted day in and day out by the same folk. Been like that for months. 

Its not our fault it's been like this.  Fans could see a year ago that it wasn't working.  You're right about getting it done soon.

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

If she was knowledgable about football that would have been noticed sooner and therefore the Club would not have been selling a substandard product for such an extended period.

We've just got to give her the benefit of the doubt to hopefully get this right 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
36 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

You absolutely need a CEO with a good knowledge of football.

26 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

She would also have cleared up all those injuries. Damn her for being so ignorant !!

44 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Upon months m8 🇶🇦🇶🇦👍

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hopefully get these next 2 appointments spot on and then Mrs Budge should remain because off the field we've never been stronger , she's done fantastic job on the business side but been let down by levein on  the football side 

I think she should be offered a place on the board after March, but should step down as CEO.

Imo, three times now she's put her close relationship with Levein before the good of the club. Firstly he should not have been manager, DoF and board member simultaneously. Secondly she would have emptied him sooner if they hadn't been so close. And now she's kept him floating about the club like Banquo's ghost, when by her own measure he's been a failure.

24 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How many CEOs really have that?  In our history we’ve had Roman, Serge, Phil,  pieman, Wallace and before that the club chairmen were mainly bakers and candlestick makers. Not a lot of football experience there. 

Perth to Paisley

Name escapes me at the moment but one former chairman ( and ex player) used to have the newspaper kiosk in the bus station.

Will post the name at 3am when I remember.  

2 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Name escapes me at the moment but one former chairman ( and ex player) used to have the newspaper kiosk in the bus station.

Will post the name at 3am when I remember.  

Bobby Parker. 

37 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The best CEO in Scottish football in my life time had zero football knowledge. Just an astute businessman, who managed to cut out the Background noise from supporters during his time in charge (and as majority shareholder). During that time he was constantly criticised. Amazingly now 20+ years on that group of fans seem to forget how they treated him as they finally realised without him they wouldn’t have had a club. Maybe history will repeat itself 

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

She would also have cleared up all those injuries. Damn her for being so ignorant !!

The football dished up has largely been tedious since promotion.

Plus we have a large playing squad to cover for the number of injury prone players  that have been signed.

A footballl knowledgable CEO might have taken note of both.

5 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

The football dished up has largely been tedious since promotion.

Plus we have a large playing squad to cover for the number of injury prone players  that have been signed.

A footballl knowledgable CEO might have taken note of both.

Nobody could have predicted the number of injuries, the key players they affected or the severity so don't pretend otherwise. 

Edited by tcjambo

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

The whole structure of our football club, the academy, the growing links with Man City, the youth tournaments with some of the best clubs in the world attending. The list is countless. Yes the first team has been shambolic since Neilson left however that does not make all his other work obsolete. 

Craig Levein holds no power at Hearts anymore. That much is abundantly clear. I would like Ann Badge to stay but as has been previously mentioned, I think she’s now going into exit mode and will be out after the season is up. 

I’ve read on this thread plenty times that she’s back tracked, I’d don’t understand how people have come to that conclusion? Does someone care to explain?

Excellent post. 

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Another very good post. 

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Correct Mrs Budge deserves credit for being honest enough to say she's no football expert 

Blatantly not a member of KB then? :)