McPhee, you can get your coat too pal

Dusk_Till_Dawn

9 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

I think this next appointment will shape her legacy quite a lot. I really, really hope she gets it right.

Unless it is another failure, it should be her last one under the current structure.  And the most important.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• vegas-voss

• McCrae

• Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Yeah, I know. 

In her defence, AB has sort of only made the first decision to trust CL, which started with beating Rangers at Ibrox, and gaining promotion ahead of Rangers + Hibs, then finishing 3rd in the Premier league. At that stage it must have have seemed like it was working, even after the plane banner. 

This next decision AB is making is so important for her, you, me, FoH, the club, the players, our future. If it goes wrong we probably get relegated, as FoH takes ownership. 

I like Austin MacPhee, he definitely has insight and experience, but I can't imagine he will be our next manager. And if becomes the Sporting Director, it would be a huge step up for him.

Mate I wanted Austin to give her a decision to make and not as easy a one as it’s looking now.  
Ive always kinda liked Austin for some reason, it’s maybe completely baseless but I had a feeling about him and I hoped he was going to offer something. I hate being kneejerk and I am a bit into the peev tonight but I’ve ****ing had it with this garbage. 
I think the only way forward is everybody out now. 
And make a decision about a manager and get him. We’re not going to get some big name we need to get over ourselves with that as well. 

8 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

No one has quite came out and said it but anyone reckon the players downed tools in first few minutes to stop AMc being in with a chance of the job? Especially senior players got accused of chucking a goal... Maybe some don't fancy him or maybe we are just that 💩💩

?

A few of us have said that and that is what that performance looked like. A team that gave about 50%. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

A few of us have said that and that is what that performance looked like. A team that gave about 50%. 

i would say it was less than 50% more like 25% today

Ronald Villiers

My family have 6 season tickets and only me and my son have been regulars this season. Getting seriously pissed off watching the crap my team's serving up every week.  This needs to get sorted now.  I'm fed up writing seasons off, year after year.  Sort it Budge!!!

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I suspect there is some truth in this. I don’t believe McPhee is all that popular with a number of players, I also think his input was bigger than many think in CL debacle, 

Probably a combination of reasons for today we’re a fragile team, players don’t fancy him and he not the level of coach required amongst other stuff.

I have little doubt AB preference was to put him in position and get to the end of the season. That would seem impossible now and she will need to step up her search for a manager.

Not sure AB intended keeping Macphee in the top job all season unless he was getting very good results. I do think she will still offer him the sporting direction role.

2 hours ago, farin said:

His post match interview..

Austin MacPhee insists Hearts 3-0 defeat to Kilmarnock won't have an adverse effect on his bid to become permanent manager. 

The interim boss was shellshocked as his side were 3-0 down within 16 minutes of the game.

Chris Burke got a double either side of grabbing an assist for Eamonn Brophy as Hearts struggled to deal with the attacking threat of Angelo Alessio's men. 

But after winning 5-2 before the international break against St Mirren, MacPhee reckons neither result will make much difference. 

And he's already making plans for being in charge of the team when they go to Ibrox to face Rangers next weekend. 

He told BBC Scotland: "Winning 5-2 doesn't mean too much about where I stand in the club and neither does losing 3-0.

"There's a bigger picture here and the board will be considering this over time, all I'll do is do my best if I'm preparing the team for Ibrox next Sunday.

"One thing for sure is we can't start the game like that, we can't make such basic defensive errors like that or it will be a long 90 minutes at Ibrox.

"I'm convinced the players and I are on the same page for this and we'll make sure we're prepared for going to Ibrox next Sunday.

"As I've said since I've been asked to take the team in this role, I speak to Ann Budge every day and I'll proceed until I'm told otherwise."

The early onslaught from Killie meant Hearts were never really in the game and MacPhee admits it was always going to be a real struggle because of the mistakes they made in their own defensive third - coupled with the lack of a cutting edge going forward.

He said: "If you lose three goals in such a short period of time, as early in the game, then your gameplan goes out the window and that's what we talked about after the game.

"It's so difficult when you give a team like Kilmarnock that foot up in the game and we're bitterly disappointed with the goals that we've lost and the fact we're out of the game so early.

"We had chances as well, we had four clear headers in the box that we've got to do better with. Some of the our play around the edge of the box where we should be working their goalkeeper more bu tit's been a very disappointing performance the players and myself are in agreement with that.

"If you can score early then you've still got a chance in the game. We came out, we had a lot of possession in the final third but we didn't ask them enough questions. We weren't aggressive enough in the box when the ball came into it, our crosses were far too hung up and the keeper could come for too many of them.

"We lacked that little bit of spark we had last week. Obviously on the back of being 3-0 down at half time you need a bit of a break to build on but we never got that and as the game wore on, Kilmarnock are well organised and defend low and they then bothered us on the counter attack."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/austin-macphee-insists-hearts-thrashing-20945129 

Eerily similar to the script Levein used to trot out every week 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, allyby said:

I agree he's got to go but that's out of order.

sent to me by a sheep shagger, whos been ripping the pish out of me mercilessly for a year now.. 

this is what it has come to.. blame Ann Budge.. we are a laughing stock .

He does think he is better than what he actually is to be honest.

It's as if he doesn't get he is a caretaker the way he talks.My record speaks for itself well yes it does this caretaker stint you are 1 win , two defeats and most likely 3 defeats.The manner of the defeats tell me far more than the win over St Mirren as well.

Leveins Battalion
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

319096C7-331D-4389-BFBC-6D93A6831EAA.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣🤣 we are the laughing stock of Scottish football.🙈

Edited by Leveins Battalion

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

She’s presided over us becoming a ****ing shower mate. We are a ****ing shower of shite. 
She hasn’t lost all yet, not by any means I’m still behind her but this needs taken by the horns. 

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

MacPhee sounds like a mixture of Cathro and Levein, it's terrifying.

Should be emptied, period.

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah they had 3 attempts at goal, all coming down the left hand side (I’m not digging Hickey out hes a young lad) but Hickey sold the goals. Possibly not the 2nd entirely but he didn’t get close to Burke at all for the cross and I feel the goalkeeper couldve done a bit better too. I’ve not seen Perriera make a good save yet, he’s not an improvement on either of the keepers we already had in all honesty. 
We looked devoid of ideas and just lack any real intensity in our play. 
We’ve got mountains to climb. 
Getting a decent man in needs to be accelerated though, this has dragged on too long. 

I thought White sold the goals by not back-tracking when we lost possession. As a result Burke and O’Donnell doubled up on Hickey leaving him isolated. 
Certainly  Whelan and Berra agreed because they were gesturing to Austin to get White sorted. I thought Whelan and Austin had a major fallout over it. 
Berra completely missed Burke’s cross for the second goal and Dikamona had lost Brophy. 
Funny how we all see it differently. 

I think we as a fan base are delusional it’s not just macphee, we have ideas way above our station. Hearts in general are a ****ing shower, a disgrace. I remember after the championship season and thinking the club was in such good hands that the sky was the limit. We were set to become constant 3rd-4th mibbe even more than that as our finances were finally in order. 
Im as deluded as anyone. 
Looking at the betting and people scoffing the names mentioned. 
Deluded. 

🤡🤡

*disclaimer* few bottles of wine in here

Yep, get Robbie  back. 

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

No one has quite came out and said it but anyone reckon the players downed tools in first few minutes to stop AMc being in with a chance of the job? Especially senior players got accused of chucking a goal... Maybe some don't fancy him or maybe we are just that 💩💩

?

Certainly Whelan threw toys out the pram after second goal. Berra after third. Naismith just stayed quiet throughout game. 

33 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Eerily similar to the script Levein used to trot out every week 

Yes he disappointed in many fronts today. Team selection, tactics, inability to change things, substitutions,  response after match. Very disappointing. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

PEOPLE ON HERE WERE CALLING ON HIM TO GET THE GIG

PEOPLE ON HERE WANT HIM TO BE SPORTING DIRECTOR

It’s honestly frightening.

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

My god how can you defend the man who has worked as Cathro and Levein's Assistant Manager.

He is as guilty as them and should be booted out of the club tonight.

After today I reckon his chances of becoming our manager are over. 

That doesn’t mean he is a failure.  Under different managers he has had success. Both at St Mirren and with NI. 

I don’t blame him for what has gone wrong at Hearts. I put the blame on CL.

44 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

PEOPLE ON HERE WERE CALLING ON HIM TO GET THE GIG

PEOPLE ON HERE WANT HIM TO BE SPORTING DIRECTOR

It’s honestly frightening.

Disturbing more like mate. 

2 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

Can I also add the utter dross that infects our first team squad !! Your last point is bang on. We are going to have to be patient. It is going to take 2 or 3 transfer windows to get a squad and even longer to get the rubbish out.

Definitely. Guys like bozanic, mclean, clare and wighton (to name but a few) should be nowhere near a Hearts team. We've bought so much $h!t over the last 4 or 5 seasons that we need to almost replace a whole team every transfer window. 

We need to get an experienced, knowledgable football person in as DOF and separately as manager. No more experiments. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

How do you know that? 

You just don't want to hear anything bad about McPhee do you. You'd defend anything Levein and his pals did wouldn't you.

larbert_jambo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Certainly Whelan threw toys out the pram after second goal. Berra after third. Naismith just stayed quiet throughout game. 

Said to my mate today I've never seen Naismith that quiet during a match since he joined us 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I thought White sold the goals by not back-tracking when we lost possession. As a result Burke and O’Donnell doubled up on Hickey leaving him isolated. 
Certainly  Whelan and Berra agreed because they were gesturing to Austin to get White sorted. I thought Whelan and Austin had a major fallout over it. 
Berra completely missed Burke’s cross for the second goal and Dikamona had lost Brophy. 
Funny how we all see it differently. 

A proper goalie must be the new managers priority,weve got three less than average currently.....

4 hours ago, Alan_R said:

?

Could this explain the abject performance?

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, get Robbie  back. 

:notsure:
Not a Robbie hater either. 
Didnt like his football though I have to be honest I wasn’t sad to see him go. 

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Just sitting listening to Roy Keane here and then thinking about the absolute garbage we watched earlier and then finally thinking about some utterly deluded Hearts fans saying no thanks to a man of that stature. 
Tbf there’s no way he’d take over this shower. 
No wonder Stendel isn’t interested either. 
Hiding to nothing with these jokers. 

I agree.  The best manager on the planet would have lost the game today, the way the players played.

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I agree.  The best manager on the planet would have lost the game today, the way the players played.

A decent manager would have put a bit steel and pride in the team , it called motivation . Structure and a workable game plan would help as well

6 minutes ago, fila said:

A decent manager would have put a bit steel and pride in the team , it called motivation . Structure and a workable game plan would help as well

I hope that you're right and that it all boils down to a lack of pride and insufficient motivation.

However, as my auld mother used to say, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear."

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I’m very drunk man but I’m still raging at that shitshow today. Absolute shite it was. 

Why are hearts fans so accepting of this garbage?

Im 46 now and I’ve watched years and years of this, it’s over 30+ years now following this carry on, I’m getting sick man. 
See the paint spraying on the badge on the plaza recently I honestly felt that was a tame

reaction to the pish we’re tolerating. We are a really placid and tame support imo nowadays. 
We get ripped on the national broadcaster etc and all we’ve got is some irate posters on the fans forum. 
Im not saying we should be smashing the place up but the passion is gone. 
Hearts fans should be kicking up a **** about where we are. 

Edited by jack D and coke

I want macphee our but let’s ducking stop blaming him for today and blame the players, he played the team we wanted to see and the players were terrible . Macphee has to go he’s been here through 2 terrible Spells but players take full responsibility for today. 

19 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I hope that you're right and that it all boils down to a lack of pride and insufficient motivation.

However, as my auld mother used to say, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear."

Your mother was right with that one 

I want a no nonsense man in charge. I wanted Keane to begin with but that looks unlikely. Get Warnock in whatever to cost even if it’s just until the end of the season. He’d sort this shit show out . 

I’m very drunk man but I’m still raging at that shitshow today. Absolute shite it was. 

Why are hearts fans so accepting of this garbage?

Im 46 now and I’ve watched years and years of this, it’s over 30+ years now following this carry on, I’m getting sick man. 
See the paint spraying on the badge on the plaza recently I honestly felt that was a tame

reaction to the pish we’re tolerating. We are a really placid and tame support imo nowadays. 
We get ripped on the national broadcaster etc and all we’ve got is some irate posters on the fans forum. 
Im not saying we should be smashing the place up but the passion is gone. 
Hearts fans should be kicking up a **** about where we are. 

I hope that your head is OK in the morning. 

We don't get many highs as Hearts supporters, but we get our fair share of lows, and today was (another) one.

I've been a dyed in the wool Hearts fan for a very long time, and today was the first time in over 60 years that I've packed it in at halftime. I couldn't see one positive aspect of our first-half performance, so simply decided that I had better things to do with my time than watch another 45 minutes of that dross.

But come the next game, I'll be back feeling optimistic about the outcome.  It must be a disease.

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

We don't get many highs as Hearts supporters, but we get our fair share of lows, and today was (another) one.

I've been a dyed in the wool Hearts fan for a very long time, and today was the first time in over 60 years that I've packed it in at halftime. I couldn't see one positive aspect of our first-half performance, so simply decided that I had better things to do with my time than watch another 45 minutes of that dross.

But come the next game, I'll be back feeling optimistic about the outcome.  It must be a disease.

You're going to feel optimistic going to ibrox next week with McPhee in charge?  That's what you call blind optimism 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Aye, Ron, there's always been (a lot) more bad than good but this "bad" is beyond infuriating, moreso because it could and should be so different. I doubt I've been as  disillusioned and pissed off at what we've become as I am these days. 

It's all a bit Romanovish, more utterly wasted years, albeit down to different incompetences.

But you're probably oblivious to all that. ;)

jack D and coke
52 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Still at it😋

It’s like a Chinese torture innit.  

Hearts though? 
I hear myself sometime saying I don’t care anymore and all that nonsense because we’re in some bad run. It’s not till we get a good win like Easter road a few weeks ago and it’s flooding through me how much it does mean, I lost it lol. 

Gordon Ramsay

It's quite clear that he's one of these guys who speaks well in interviews but when it comes to execution he's just another Cathro. 

He should be removed immediately as interim head coach and punted out the club. A complete Walter Mitty who needs to get to a barbers ASAP. 

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just arrived in Dubai on our way home from Australia and seen the result.

Jesus wept. 

:phface:

You should be glad you only seen the result.

If you had seen the first 16 minutes you'd have got yourself sectioned.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
36 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It's quite clear that he's one of these guys who speaks well in interviews but when it comes to execution he's just another Cathro. 

He should be removed immediately as interim head coach and punted out the club. A complete Walter Mitty who needs to get to a barbers ASAP. 

What’s scary is the number of roasters on here who listen to his press conferences and are convinced by him

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, J80MBO said:

Not seen goals back on tv but to confirm mcphee was at fault for the 3 goals?

:lol:

Give over. We were 3-0 down in 16 minutes. Accept it - he’s a shit ***** who needs sacked.

It’s so funny on here. 

people attack others for having an opinion most opinions on here are shite. 

Loads of posters have raved about AMs influence his connections etc. 

Its winning football games that count in this industry. 

also folk bang in about the “good players” in the Hearts squad Washington, Whelan etc faceless cast of thousands who have done nothing for this club. 

I know what folk will say but they are good players. My response to that is Berra used to be good too. What’s he and the rest doing now. He haw! 

Ive had enough of all this happy clapping am off here till a Manager is appointed. 

Edited by spirt of 98