• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• vegas-voss

• McCrae

• Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Clean sweep required , I feel sorry for the new manager who inherits this squad , they have a huge task on their hands 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I have said it before but I have yet to see a shred of evidence that McPhee has contributed anything. Anyone?

He speaks Japanese? 

42 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Do you want McPhee to get the job?

No, but I don’t necessarily want him fired. Maybe he was just implementing what CL Told him to do.

Getting Donald Park in to help him was a smart move.

If the new manager wants to keep him I would  have no problems with that.

39 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

The only thing different today was the Manager’s post match report had a different voice. McPhee is woven into the Levein failure legacy and was schooled well in excuse making. Usually you get a bounce , even when an interim manager takes on the role but it was crystal clear that the bulk of the players couldn’t be arsed by nor motivated with him just like Levein. 
Coming back from the Counting House in George Square our take home points were:

1/ the Championship winning side would have horsed this Hearts team by 5 goals minimum . That’s Levein’s legacy

2/ the current coaching staff need emptied

3/ Levein has affected Heart of Midlothian psychologically and installed a loser mentality / risk averse/anti football culture that has destroyed player creativity and confidence 

4/ new Manager has to ream out the bulk of this spineless squad and kick ass

5/ no ex Hearts player should be Manager. McCann’s wizardry on the wing is a cherished memory and we would hate to see it soiled

6/ expectations now need to be structured: the priority for the new Manager will be avoiding relegation , which Is a very real possibility 

Excellent post, especially point 3. 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

What players that were available would you have picked? I think our squad is poor, and from those available no one was missing.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

the poster said our bench was poor, it wasn’t. It was stronger than the team on the park.

I didn’t say the bench was poor at all. I made the point that our first team should have been strong but it wasn’t because the better players were on the bench. I would have picked Naismith, Walker and Uche to have all started

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

So. It the players were fully fit they would be starting.

It was the same way we set up under Levein.

He's a loser with the same loser mentality as his predecessor.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Role I would expect Austin to fulfill would be nothing to do with coaching. 

Anyone expecting a miracle in 2 days is trolling or taking the piss.

It won't be Austin McPhee, hiding to nothing today against a quality side

The thread is still accurate! People may have had strong suspicions that several coaches needed to go, McPhee amongst them and his selection and tactics did nothing to allay them. I didn't expect any miracles and the performance was as bad as expected. Time to accelerate the new manager appointment and see if he can start to turn things around, so , as the title says it is time for McPhee (and Daly and Fox) to get his (and their) coats. No miracle expected but some improvement to mediocre would not be too miraculous?

pettigrewsstylist

I think i just read the quote "We were only one minute away from getting to half time"

Pse leave this club Austin. You do not belong here. 

Thats what our squad is hearing, alongside 0-0 improvments at Livi etc.

Shocking!!

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Actually he is a winner. He won the LC with ST Mirren when they beat us. 

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, leginten said:

Agreed. Haven’t actually seen anyone claim it, although I have seen people on here this evening pretending that’s the case. We all know we’re in deep shit and it’s going to take a long time to clear up the mess.

Of course, none of the above means we shouldn’t have been expecting more today. Far from it.

I totally agree. 

Stephane Grappelli

2 hours ago, McCrae said:

No, but I don’t necessarily want him fired. Maybe he was just implementing what CL Told him to do.

Getting Donald Park in to help him was a smart move.

If the new manager wants to keep him I would  have no problems with that.

Nah, get him tae ****. Hopeless.

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

This.

8 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Yesterday was disappointing - couldn’t quite believe how poor we looked.

However - if the game plan hadn’t been chucked due to injuries it is probably that we could have got to half time without conceding and had a 2nd half with Uche & Naismith to come on and shake up our forward play.

It didn’t work out and the idea is moot but I suspect the plan was to let Rangers run ragged chasing goals before exploiting their frustration.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

Yesterday was disappointing - couldn’t quite believe how poor we looked.

However - if the game plan hadn’t been chucked due to injuries it is probably that we could have got to half time without conceding and had a 2nd half with Uche & Naismith to come on and shake up our forward play.

It didn’t work out and the idea is moot but I suspect the plan was to let Rangers run ragged chasing goals before exploiting their frustration.

We should have lost that about five or six nil yesterday. It was pathetic.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 hours ago, McCrae said:

Actually he is a winner. He won the LC with ST Mirren when they beat us. 

Hopefully the "winner" gets told to leave, today.

McPhee has to go also. It seems to me that there’s a cultural/attitude change needed and that can only happen when the entire backroom staff leave. From the physio to the fitness they all have to go. Once new manager comes in he needs to empty a whole load of players and save Hickey’s career, because at the moment Hearts are managing his development horrendously. He has to be left out the team to develop properly. 

Ernie Eskilsson

I said on Saturday that if he picked MacLean and White yesterday I’d want him gone as soon as possible. That was a Levein team with the exception of Wighton for Uche and I feel heart sorry for Aaron Hickey getting messed around again. I’m also fed up seeing Berra’s partners get injured and I think having to do 2 jobs is part of the problem. For me McPhee is not a candidate. 

Budge has already said we are looking for an experienced manager and not anyone currently at the club.Providing we are not being deceived again,then Mcphee, hopefully, will leave the club with the rest of the frauds who have been part of this shambles over the last three years.

14 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If it was left to uber fans like you, we’d get relegated without a whimper and you wouldn’t even care.

Jeez this place gets worse!

The Treasurer

Not read the whole thread but anyone who thinks a "strike-force" of Maclean & Wighton would be a good idea has no place being involved in football in any capacity

What do you want Budge to do? Sack the whole coaching staff mid season and leave the team to train itself, or bring in new coaches before we have a manager that he might not want? McPhee won’t be getting the job and probably won’t be kept as an assistant either if the new manager doesn’t want him, same for the other clowns.

kingantti1874
11 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Or terminally stupid or clinically insane

indont expect miracles, I also don’t expect him to start McLean and Wighton up front.. crazy stupid

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not read the whole thread but anyone who thinks a "strike-force" of Maclean & Wighton would be a good idea has no place being involved in football in any capacity

Good point. They are both rank rotten and not good enough for Hearts. I would also throw in a central midfield pairing of Bozanic and Clare. Both woeful and nowhere near good enough. Bin the 4 of them. 

Dropping Uche was him trying to prove a point, but it's the wrong game to do so.  If he doesn't fancy Uche drop him for St Mirren, not a game against a team he ran ragged a few weeks ago.  He hung Wighton out to dry as well, he may well not be good enough but he's not played for months, to bring him in for our main striker in a game we were going to find it hard to penetrate them wasn't really fair, players who've been injured need eased in.

Also, as soon as I looked at the bench I asked where Dikamona was.  He was the natural defender to have in there, he can play centre half obviously, but if the right back got injured he could come in and Smith could go right.  If the left back got injured he could come in and Hickey could go across.  Instead we had Brandon who can play one position and Keena who was clearly never coming on when we had Uche, Walker and Naismith as options.  And what happened was our centre half got injured and we ended up with a 17 year old full back at centre half and Clare at right back it was a mess.  For me MacPhee was trying too hard to show he wasn't Levein's man and got it massively wrong.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, deejtee said:

The thread is still accurate! People may have had strong suspicions that several coaches needed to go, McPhee amongst them and his selection and tactics did nothing to allay them. I didn't expect any miracles and the performance was as bad as expected. Time to accelerate the new manager appointment and see if he can start to turn things around, so , as the title says it is time for McPhee (and Daly and Fox) to get his (and their) coats. No miracle expected but some improvement to mediocre would not be too miraculous?

In 2 days, yes. I don't think there is any realisation how deep these issues are. Michael Smith accurate in his comments.

However, Austin McPhee is not a coach, he is an analyst and probably got a decent business brain.

Pep would not have done any better yesterday let alone a novice

The only crumb of comfort from yesterdays result is that it rules out McPhee for the job.

He stated he’s has 600 games as an assistant......and that shit show yesterday was all he could come up with. What a lack of imagination it showed.

He can go today for me. 

Stephane Grappelli

McPhee should have been shown the door the day he told us that Malaury Martin was the kind of player who would turn draws into wins.

2 minutes ago, Liam1953 said:

Good he can tell Ryo to get his coat as well.

Dearie me some of the folk on here are utterly demented.

4 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Dearie me some of the folk on here are utterly demented.

I think people are just pissed off and frustrated.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think people are just pissed off and frustrated.

I get that, as I am I, but a bit of thought wouldn't go amiss.

jack D and coke
13 hours ago, Rannoch said:

The only thing different today was the Manager’s post match report had a different voice. McPhee is woven into the Levein failure legacy and was schooled well in excuse making. Usually you get a bounce , even when an interim manager takes on the role but it was crystal clear that the bulk of the players couldn’t be arsed by nor motivated with him just like Levein. 
Coming back from the Counting House in George Square our take home points were:

1/ the Championship winning side would have horsed this Hearts team by 5 goals minimum . That’s Levein’s legacy

2/ the current coaching staff need emptied

3/ Levein has affected Heart of Midlothian psychologically and installed a loser mentality / risk averse/anti football culture that has destroyed player creativity and confidence 

4/ new Manager has to ream out the bulk of this spineless squad and kick ass

5/ no ex Hearts player should be Manager. McCann’s wizardry on the wing is a cherished memory and we would hate to see it soiled

6/ expectations now need to be structured: the priority for the new Manager will be avoiding relegation , which Is a very real possibility 

We look like a team that’s going to go down. It’s worrying. 

9 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

I get that, as I am I, but a bit of thought wouldn't go amiss.

You won't be saying that when Lawson shows up with a 10000-word essay :whistling:

31 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

McPhee should have been shown the door the day he told us that Malaury Martin was the kind of player who would turn draws into wins.

Exactly mate. We basically game a job to a guy because he was successful playing Championship Manager on his laptop. 

2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Good point. They are both rank rotten and not good enough for Hearts. I would also throw in a central midfield pairing of Bozanic and Clare. Both woeful and nowhere near good enough. Bin the 4 of them. 

Totally  agree ,and a few others too.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

If we had gone for it yesterday and got horsed 6-0 I would have had more respect for McPhee. The team selection showed no ambition and We constantly turned backwards and passed it all the way back to the keeper when we were in half decent positions. Just demonstrates the losers mentality we have just now. Even 0-3 down we didn’t just go all out, there was one throw in in line with the edge of their box, where we couldn’t decide Who was taking it and 3 players handled it before we eventually took it, shambles. 

We are in a complete mess on the park atm, & it’s a travesty that it’s gotten so bad.

All those responsible need to go including players who are clearly not good enough.

sadly I don’t think this will be a quick fix.

Stephane Grappelli
55 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Exactly mate. We basically game a job to a guy because he was successful playing Championship Manager on his laptop. 

Spot on sir.

Can't see a problem with the OP.  McPhee had a chance to show a different approach, maybe play the game a bit further forward with more press.  No, instead we had a static midfield and a headless attack.  The usual approach of play it cagey and hope to still be in game with 30 mins left.   Sorry but McPhee did nothing to differ his tactics from that of Levein.  Thanks but no thanks.  

The Mercer Takeover

Anyone who thinks Wighton is a football player, should not be in charge at Hearts.

Problems are deeper than that of course but to me it just shows why McPhee is tarnished with the same brush as Levein.

Ernie Eskilsson

I’d say that in Wighton, MacLean, Bozanic, White and Clare we started with 5 players who have never played a good 90 minutes for Hearts. Injuries limited our options but Uche should have started. I’d have given Walker and Naismith 45 mins each to add some creativity. I’d Have put Hickey at left back and played Brandon who at least has the legs for the big pitch. Wouldn’t  have been enough yesterday but Saturday really is a must win and we need more. McPhee isn’t the man for the job he’s not really a change as he’s part of Levein’s Mgmt team. I think they all need to go. I’d rather Naismith, Kirk and Park took temporary charge while we find the new manager...

Dusk_Till_Dawn
40 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Anyone who thinks Wighton is a football player, should not be in charge at Hearts.

Problems are deeper than that of course but to me it just shows why McPhee is tarnished with the same brush as Levein.

There was no doubt about that anyway. I’m not even sure I’d say tarred with the same brush. Just useless.