• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• vegas-voss

• McCrae

• Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Absolutely horrific to play Bozanic, Clare and MacLean shows me this guy is clueless. These 3 should be nowhere near the first team.

Edited by JI TEES

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, OldGorgie said:

Stupid post

How? We're set up to hold on to 0-0 from the off. That's typical, negative, Levein tactics. Why not try and take the lead? Play Uche from the start. He was the only goal threat.

1 minute ago, JI TEES said:

Absolutely horrific to play Bozanic, Clare and MacLean shows me this guy is clueless. These 3 should be nowhere near the first team.

What were his options?

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s been laughable, but not at all surprising, to see jkb spending the past three days trying to suggest all sorts of jobs for McPhee, including sporting director, director of football and **** knows what else. It’s sometimes hard to tell what this forum classes as failure.

The facts are this - we’ve been shocking since McPhee came on the scene, woeful under Cathro and Levein. If he’s not to blame for any of that then what exactly has he been doing? He’s an imposter, as today’s pathetic performance is showing.

He should be nowhere near the managerial shortlist and nowhere near the club when a new manager comes in. Same for Levein’s other disciples. We’re unforgivably bad.

The guys a born winner.won the forfar cup once upon a time.anyone who thinks that Clare,wighton,McLean and bozanic in the same team is other anything but a recipe for disaster is clueless.

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

What were his options?

Are you on the wind up?? How about show some ambition go two up top, Uche in, Irvine and Keena does that help?

1 minute ago, JI TEES said:

Are you on the wind up?? How about show some ambition go two up top, Uche in, Irvine and Keena does that help?

Aye, Gung Ho!

Dear Ann

I know you’ve made me interim manager and that some people thought a good run might clinch the manager’s position for me, but the truth is I don’t want the job. You see, I’ve realised that Craig and I have fecked up royally over the last couple of seasons and we’re leaving a mountain of shite behind for the new guy to clear up. Sorry about that.

I couldn’t face telling you in person, so instead to make my intentions clear I picked MacLean and Wighton to start up front in the semi-final. Hope you understand.

Best,

Austin xx

Edited by leginten

A_A wehatethehibs

+1 for emptying McPhee / all the coaches on Monday and accelerating the new manager recruitment process from 4-6 weeks to 4-6 days. 

We should have a permanent manager named by kick off next Saturday 3pm and it will not be Austin McPhee. 

Then they will have a couple of games to settle in followed by the busy Christmas period, by which time we must start picking up points.

After today im thinking macphee is more.resposible for us being shite than levein. How many years has he been here now? The same amount of years we've been shite.

Thanks for Michael Smith but that's about it

13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Don't know what you or anyone else was expecting today. We were comprehensively beaten by a team which is cash doped by an owner who has been described by a judge as an accomplished liar, and which runs an unsustainable debt.

Fwiw I thought AM handled the tactics as well as could be expected in the circumstances, 

I see Rangers are currently £11.3 million in debt and need another £10 million to finish the season. Not good financially 

Perhaps some will realise that the manager leaving will not solve all the problems

Any manager is going to have to deal with a terrible injury list and I wish some of you would just waken up and realise this instead of moan moan moan

There will be no magic wand until our better players return or we make signings in the January window..this fantasy some have of manager leaves and all will be well when the 'right' man comes in is just that a fantasy

You could have had the best manager in the world today and we would not have won

I didn't agree with the selection today but to jump on him after one game is just stupid and once more the injury jinx struck making things much harder.

20 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Now he maybe clueless:-

But I wouldn’t expect Naismith to start, Walker picked up a knock mid week and  Uche didn’t train for a couple of days.  I can understand why they were on the bench.

Pre match, MacPhee stated he could not expect more than 30 minutes of effectiveness from Uche and was keen to explain what we could achieve was limited by the size of the pitch. Positivity did not flow. You feel he was keen to avoid an absolute scudding, wrecking his chances of getting the gig, over and above his employers success on the pitch.

Edited by Riccarton3

Questionable tactics today and team selection.

Ikpeazu gave Rangers that run around at Tynecastle. Why not start him today?

MacLean and Wighton aren't good enough to step in.

Rangers absolutely hammered us down the wings. They doubled up and he wouldn't cope. He did nothing t counter that.

Get him and his "coaches" out. Speaks well though 🤔 to set up the team the way he did - criminal! Knows these players and decided on starting Wighton, Clare, Bozanic and Maclean. This group of players have contributed zero and are the reason we are in the position that we are

Edited by JI TEES

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Rangers absolutely hammered us down the wings. They doubled up and he wouldn't cope. He did nothing t counter that.

This would have had Rangers at least having an extra man back to deal with the expected physical nature, As it transpired this was not needed and they could go hell for leather up the wings with a shakey Aidy White and a young kid.

Game was lost before it began.

4 minutes ago, MrBones said:

After today im thinking macphee is more.resposible for us being shite than levein. How many years has he been here now? The same amount of years we've been shite.

I wi you, I said exactly the same thing on another thread. 

Levein tactics!!!! Cathro tactics!!!!!

Who's tactics were they really???

GET MacPhee out now

5 minutes ago, JAMBONI said:

I see Rangers are currently £11.3 million in debt and need another £10 million to finish the season. Not good financially 

I'll tell you this, any Sevco supporter with half a brain would swop our precarious league position for their desperate financial position, even if it meant losing 3-0 to us at Hampden today.

WheatfieldWarrior
25 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Don't know what you or anyone else was expecting today. We were comprehensively beaten by a team which is cash doped by an owner who has been described by a judge as an accomplished liar, and which runs an unsustainable debt.

Fwiw I thought AM handled the tactics as well as could be expected in the circumstances, 

Leaving Uche out at the start was a mistake. Should have started ahead of MacLean or Wighton.

A_A wehatethehibs

McPhee should have gone when Cathro was sacked and Levein should have gone to the coaching market brought in a good assistant. Things might have gone very different if that had happened.

29 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Agreed.

And our two best players went off injured. What was he supposed to do?

2 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Leaving Uche out at the start was a mistake. Should have started ahead of MacLean or Wighton.

I should start ahead of Maclean and Wighton and if I’m working on the day of a match first to the ground should be given the start 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Perhaps some will realise that the manager leaving will not solve all the problems

Any manager is going to have to deal with a terrible injury list and I wish some of you would just waken up and realise this instead of moan moan moan

There will be no magic wand until our better players return or we make signings in the January window..this fantasy some have of manager leaves and all will be well when the 'right' man comes in is just that a fantasy

You could have had the best manager in the world today and we would not have won

I didn't agree with the selection today but to jump on him after one game is just stupid and once more the injury jinx struck making things much harder.

“after one game”

26 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

What were his options?

The players on the bench surely.  I also thought the starting line-up was horrible.

Allowayjambo1874
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I'll tell you this, any Sevco supporter with half a brain would swop our precarious league position for their desperate financial position, even if it meant losing 3-0 to us at Hampden today.

No they wouldn’t, they believe that an £11m loss is peanuts and turnover being up is more important. Everyone of them I’ve spoken to about it has said the same thing.

Have to say I think this is a silly point to make. Taking the moral high ground after getting humped royally today and our club being in a seriously awful position with no light at the end of tunnel smacks of rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic. 

People need to focus on what’s important not what’s going at any other club.

16 minutes ago, MrBones said:

With you here I think this guy is just as responsible as the others.

Tactics today play the 3 worst players and then bring on uche Naismith etc 

This guy is over thinking tactics he may be the root cause of us being crap 

8 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

No they wouldn’t, they believe that an £11m loss is peanuts and turnover being up is more important. Everyone of them I’ve spoken to about it has said the same thing.

Have to say I think this is a silly point to make. Taking the moral high ground after getting humped royally today and our club being in a seriously awful position with no light at the end of tunnel smacks of rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic. 

double post, see below

Edited by upgotheheads

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“after one game”

one game in which he made all the decisions....many of them poor ones In my opinion

Stephane Grappelli
4 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Guy's an absolute myth. The first team coaching decks should be cleared completely.

When interviewing the shortlist candidates, I'd also ask "Do you think Wighton is a player?" and anyone who does anything other than burst out laughing should be told "thanks but no thanks"

Spot on. McPhee must talk a good game because Christ knows what else he brings to the table.

That team selection alone the day should get him binned.

1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Spot on. McPhee must talk a good game because Christ knows what else he brings to the table.

1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

what team would you have selected?

49 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Typical JKB strawman argument there - nobody I can see is specifically slating him for losing, but anyone who thinks that's as good as we could expect the team to play, or that the lineup he picked was one with any chance of beating the Hun, needs his head examined.

Nah I’m just realistic. Team with a budget which exceeds ours massively and has been winning games wins. This isn’t exclusive to us it happens to teams who have been performing up the top end of the league too.

You’re probably the type of person who struggles to realise why they don’t win the lottery.

Yes we could have set up better, yes we could of picked a better starting 11 but there’s a reason that the bookies had us as mass underdogs, the same with hibs yesterday.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

2 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

That would be true if they had loan facilities available and weren't, in the jargon of the financial authorities, being 'cold shouldered'  by any regulated financial institution. Speaking to any Sevco supporter on the facts of their financial situation is probably not a good idea.   

annushorribilis III
24 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Who said CL leaving WOULD solve all the problems? - not many , if any, that I've seen on here. This is  a totally false position you are taking so that you can have a moan at fellow supporters. 

Who has been indulging in this fantasy? Again a false position so you can have a pop. 

Seriously, get off the soapbox and stop with the lecturing. 

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

what team would you have selected?

I take it all back.  

Benching Uche and bringing Wighton in from the cold were tactical masterstrokes.

My apologies Austin.

26 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

The big man didn’t start because he wasn’t fully fit.He missed a couple of days training 

2 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I take it all back.  

Benching Uche and bringing Wighton in from the cold were tactical masterstrokes.

My apologies Austin.

I don’t rate Wighton... but Uche wasn’t fully fit and I can understand the decision. I would have preferred if he started Keena.

Edited by McCrae

Stephane Grappelli
7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I don’t rate Wighton... but Uche wasn’t fully fit and I can understand the decision. I would have preferred if he started Keena.

Fair enough. But launching high balls to a forward line with no height or strength.  He then shit it with Maclean or didn't trust him not to stay out of trouble.  Why pick him then?

Do you want McPhee to get the job?

When you haven’t been nurtured on ‘having a go’ or honed on that mentality, it surprises me when Hearts fans turn up thinking that’s what will happen watching Hearts just now. 

6 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Who said CL leaving WOULD solve all the problems? - not many , if any, that I've seen on here. This is  a totally false position you are taking so that you can have a moan at fellow supporters. 

Who has been indulging in this fantasy? Again a false position so you can have a pop. 

Seriously, get off the soapbox and stop with the lecturing. 

Agreed. Haven’t actually seen anyone claim it, although I have seen people on here this evening pretending that’s the case. We all know we’re in deep shit and it’s going to take a long time to clear up the mess.

Of course, none of the above means we shouldn’t have been expecting more today. Far from it.

Macphee should go and so should fitness coach. I want rid of them all. I want whoever’s in charge of recruitment sacked also. There needs to be a cultural change and whoever comes in needs to bring in their own staff. 

The only thing different today was the Manager’s post match report had a different voice. McPhee is woven into the Levein failure legacy and was schooled well in excuse making. Usually you get a bounce , even when an interim manager takes on the role but it was crystal clear that the bulk of the players couldn’t be arsed by nor motivated with him just like Levein. 
Coming back from the Counting House in George Square our take home points were:

1/ the Championship winning side would have horsed this Hearts team by 5 goals minimum . That’s Levein’s legacy

2/ the current coaching staff need emptied

3/ Levein has affected Heart of Midlothian psychologically and installed a loser mentality / risk averse/anti football culture that has destroyed player creativity and confidence 

4/ new Manager has to ream out the bulk of this spineless squad and kick ass

5/ no ex Hearts player should be Manager. McCann’s wizardry on the wing is a cherished memory and we would hate to see it soiled

6/ expectations now need to be structured: the priority for the new Manager will be avoiding relegation , which Is a very real possibility 

29 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Irving and Keena ????????????
What the hell have they shown that would justify starting today?

By the way had far less chances than the likes of Clare and MacLean who have contributed **** all so hard to say but deserve a chance/run of games in my opinion

Edited by JI TEES

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Role I would expect Austin to fulfill would be nothing to do with coaching. 

Anyone expecting a miracle in 2 days is trolling or taking the piss.

It won't be Austin McPhee, hiding to nothing today against a quality side

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Anyone expecting a miracle in 2 days is trolling or taking the piss.

Or terminally stupid or clinically insane

I’m just fed up of trying to be too clever all the time. Leave our best striker in the bench so waste a sub bringing him on. Plays Wighton for first competive game in months for biggest game of the season