McPhee, you can get your coat too pal

Dusk_Till_Dawn

3 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Especially when McPhee was appointed.

Who knows? Might do alright. Might be shite, might be a revelation. Fact is, sacking the manager on the eve of a semi against a team with a vastly better squad wasn’t going to get us a result. Surely people can see this?

Too many people were obsessed with sacking Levein instead of wanting a plan put in place to improve us.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• vegas-voss

• McCrae

• Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Our tactics were embarrassing. 

Absolute wee team mentality, wasting time after 10 minutes, a million pass backs, zero attempt to attack with any purpose, no pace, sitting admiring rangers pass without pressing. 

It was cringing in all honesty and not what I expect from a Hearts team but, sadly, too often the norm these days. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Absolute wee team mentality, wasting time after 10 minutes, a million pass backs, zero attempt to attack with any purpose, no pace, sitting admiring rangers pass without pressing. 

It was cringing in all honesty and not what I expect from a Hearts team but, sadly, too often the norm these days. 

Levein’s gone though mate. Why were you expecting it? 

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

What’s wrong with the OP? Guy had the chance to stake a name for himself and chose a truly horrific first team and subs bench. A buckin awful performance absolutely awful. He has shown nothing. Get him out the door and get a whole new coaching team. EMBARRASSING 

what changes would you have made? I thought our bench was pretty strong

Can we have less of the long hair slaggings though? 

I love my glorious dark locks. It's something to be admired.

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

it’s been that way since Cathro was appointed...

I could count on one hand the amount of times

we have actually went for it...the 4-0 game vs Celtic being probably the sole time I can remember in that period.

The full coaching and fitness team need removed...as well as quite a few of the first team squad, namely:

Maclean - should never play another game

Wighton - nowhere near good enough

Bozanic - negative beyond belief

White - Poor

Brandon - not good enough 
Doyle - Poor

Zlamal - Poor

Morrison - not good enough, can’t cross a ball.

Mulraney - not good enough, can’t cross a ball.

Clare however, I’d like to see what a different manager could do with him first...but it would be last chance saloon (same with Damour).

Edited by Deviskan

19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I would. Tactics were woeful. McLean selection deserves the sack in itself. I wouldn’t have minded if he’d come out on Friday and said ‘look, I’ve failed too and this job needs to go to someone else’ but he was genuinely talking as if he thought he had a chance. He’s a joke.

Yes tactics were devoid of anything. Maclean just beggars belief. He won’t be our next manager and our problems are bigger than we think. We will be in a relegation battle this year. Nothing to look forward to accept staying up. For me the blame is firmly with Levein. Far too many shite signings to note. 

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

What’s wrong with the OP? Guy had the chance to stake a name for himself and chose a truly horrific first team and subs bench. A buckin awful performance absolutely awful. He has shown nothing. Get him out the door and get a whole new coaching team. EMBARRASSING 

100% spot on, my friend.

7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Can we have less of the long hair slaggings though? 

I love my glorious dark locks. It's something to be admired.

That's his only positive feature, his great hair. 

Icon .are you not grasping it's your pal levein fault that we are left with this complete shut.stop winding people up when they are clearly annoyed ya slaver

Why anyone was expecting the guy who trains the player day in and out and had input into our team selection for 2 years was going to turn a performance today is beyond me. Ann can now get rid of the lot of them and go find someone who can get the best out what’s left of this squad. Get us to the summer and empty the absolute shitebags who have put in half arsed performances for a year.

20 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Anyone who thought sacking Levein was going to turn our fortunes around is an idiot tbh. We will hopefully appoint someone who does, but alas too many were more fixated on getting rid of Levein than bringing in better. :lol: 

Levein has left a total shambles behind him so there is no chance fortunes are going to turn immediately but the first step to recovery was removing him from the Club.

As for “bringing in better” that will be the duty of Budge and her advisors. Let’s hope she chooses wisely this time!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
25 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Anyone who thought sacking Levein was going to turn our fortunes around is an idiot tbh. We will hopefully appoint someone who does, but alas too many were more fixated on getting rid of Levein than bringing in better. :lol: 

Bringing in better isn’t our job. It’s Budge’s.

2 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Icon .are you not grasping it's your pal levein fault that we are left with this complete shut.stop winding people up when they are clearly annoyed ya slaver

👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Yes tactics were devoid of anything. Maclean just beggars belief. He won’t be our next manager and our problems are bigger than we think. We will be in a relegation battle this year. Nothing to look forward to accept staying up. For me the blame is firmly with Levein. Far too many shite signings to note. 

Oh Levein is mostly to blame, 100%

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Levein has left a total shambles behind him so there is no chance fortunes are going to turn immediately but the first step to recovery was removing him from the Club.

As for “bringing in better” that will be the duty of Budge and her advisors. Let’s hope she chooses wisely this time!

100% correct. Today proves where we currently are but we are in this position because of what has went before 

the 1st step to recovery was taken last week. 

For some to even suggest that that getting rid of Craig 2 days before the semi final should be more a vindication of what he has left behind rather than anything else 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

100% correct. Today proves where we currently are but we are in this position because of what has went before 

the 1st step to recovery was taken last week. 

For some to even suggest that that getting rid of Craig 2 days before the semi final should be more a vindication of what he has left behind rather than anything else 

Getting rid of Craig wouldn’t change anything 

Edit 

19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Who knows? Might do alright. Might be shite, might be a revelation. Fact is, sacking the manager on the eve of a semi against a team with a vastly better squad wasn’t going to get us a result. Surely people can see this?

Too many people were obsessed with sacking Levein instead of wanting a plan put in place to improve us.

We could have had Jose Mourinho in charge today,, with that absolute  pile of manure  ,he couldn't have made one iota of difference,,, shite is shite no matter how you dress it up !!!

1 hour ago, Robert Lazar said:

Yes, but who signed them? 

Half of them are not fit for purpose. 

And Austin actually said in his interview the other day that he is responsible for bringing quite a few of them to the club.This guy has been far more than the usual assistant manager since he walked in Hearts.

Edited by vegas-voss

46 minutes ago, rmreido said:

He is as much to blame for the poor tactics as Levein.

Levein gone,  Cathro gone, MacPhee still here, we're still very poor, not matter who plays, what does that say......seems to me, he's the problem.

Mr Teflon.

6 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Best ignored.  Mcphee was not a bright hope and he did nothing today to dispel that notion. He needs to go too and thus the thread.

annushorribilis III
30 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What an opening statement. Getting rid of Levein is the first step on a very long journey do undo the damage he has caused. 

Better what ?

And that smiley ? Jesus wept. 

Tactical genius put Wighton in ahead of our best CF available. What was the thought process or was that CL putting two fingers up as his last act? 

The laddie is so out his depth at Hearts. I know he’s back from injury but we saw him before that. A good scout would take 5 minutes to tell you he’ not good enough.  

Timid , ‘nice’ player.  Nice doesn’t win you football matches. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
28 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Too many people backed the wrong horse with Levein. This loser is the same.

Fact is Levein should have left a year ago.

Absolute Scenes
25 minutes ago, McCrae said:

what changes would you have made? I thought our bench was pretty strong

The bench???

the first 11 should have been strong. Diabolical decisions

13 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

What an opening statement. Getting rid of Levein is the first step on a very long journey do undo the damage he has caused. 

Better what ?

And that smiley ? Jesus wept. 

It was a desperate post - one of many since Levein was sacked!

2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Guy's an absolute myth. The first team coaching decks should be cleared completely.

When interviewing the shortlist candidates, I'd also ask "Do you think Wighton is a player?" and anyone who does anything other than burst out laughing should be told "thanks but no thanks"

how about we let the new manager decide? Think maybe they might want to have some sort of handover from the caretaker coach?   It would be crazy to sack everyone now and leave no one to cover. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, JAMBO _MOBY said:

how about we let the new manager decide? Think maybe they might want to have some sort of handover from the caretaker coach?   It would be crazy to sack everyone now and leave no one to cover. 

They’re all hopeless. No incoming manager needs McPhee to tell him how to look busy while contributing feck all.

Something really sick about those who want McPhee sacked. Did they really think that any group of players put together by Levein could get a result today. McPhee has been left to pick up all the shit left behind by Levein. Club legend!  club *rsehole would be more appropriate. Yet Spewalot and JamboSally were still defending Levein right up to his sacking.

Heard him after the match saying he’s only had two days to work with the players. Eh, no. You’ve had 3 years and you are  just awful. Cheerio.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Heard him after the match saying he’s only had two days to work with the players. Eh, no. You’ve had 3 years and you are  just awful. Cheerio.

Staggering, isn’t it? Totally unwilling to take any responsibility. *****.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Staggering, isn’t it? Totally unwilling to take any responsibility. *****.

Hes clearly been watching CL post match interviews.  He needs to go and the rest too. 

33 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The bench???

Correct.

We have one of the best right backs in the country, so we played him at centre back. Yes, I know it worked at home to Rangers, but that was on a tight pitch at home to a mis-firing Rangers side.

We have one of the best left backs in the country, so we played him at right back. And we player Aidy White who was just awful all game.

Bozanic is a woeful player, yet he started.

Maclean ahead of Uche was bizarre to say the least.

As for starting Wighton...

Brutal performance but exactly what i expected when I saw the team.

Massive overhaul of coaching setup required.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Hes clearly been watching CL post match interviews.  He needs to go and the rest too. 

You could tell from the pish he was spouting before the game.

2 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

McPhee isn’t going to be manager but anyone berating him for losing todays game has their head in the clouds. Probably the same ones who are touting JJ and Locke to comeback, absolute bellends to a man.

Typical JKB strawman argument there - nobody I can see is specifically slating him for losing, but anyone who thinks that's as good as we could expect the team to play, or that the lineup he picked was one with any chance of beating the Hun, needs his head examined.

4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Correct.

We have one of the best right backs in the country, so we played him at centre back. Yes, I know it worked at home to Rangers, but that was on a tight pitch at home to a mis-firing Rangers side.

We have one of the best left backs in the country, so we played him at right back. And we player Aidy White who was just awful all game.

Bozanic is a woeful player, yet he started.

Maclean ahead of Uche was bizarre to say the least.

As for starting Wighton...

Brutal performance but exactly what i expected when I saw the team.

Massive overhaul of coaching setup required.

Exactly this, but the roasters who seem to think that being a jambo is about 'getting behind the team even on a website hours after the game's finished' aren't interested in argument or discussion, just bleating about how they're better fans than other people.

Was expecting a reaction today with players and team picker  looking to prove a point.

It proved to me that removing the manager wasn't in the best interests of the club currently.

It's going to be a long road ahead that's for sure.

47 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The bench???

What players that were available would you have picked? I think our squad is poor, and from those available no one was missing.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
48 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The bench???

I know, a strong bench???? **** me.

Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I know, a strong bench???? **** me.

the poster said our bench was poor, it wasn’t. It was stronger than the team on the park.

Obviously we have had horrible injuries and not been easy for Levein and Austin to luck settled team. 

After watching today’s setup and listening to interview after game I think the 2 of them think they are some kind of tactical genius.

Or maybe one of the main problems is Austin worm tongue in the ear of Levein 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, McCrae said:

the poster said our bench was poor, it wasn’t. It was stronger than the team on the park.

And McPhee chose the strong bench, that's the problem. He is clueless.

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

And McPhee chose the strong bench, that's the problem. He is clueless.

Now he maybe clueless:-

But I wouldn’t expect Naismith to start, Walker picked up a knock mid week and  Uche didn’t train for a couple of days.  I can understand why they were on the bench.

Edited by McCrae

1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

Obviously we have had horrible injuries and not been easy for Levein and Austin to luck settled team. 

After watching today’s setup and listening to interview after game I think the 2 of them think they are some kind of tactical genius.

Or maybe one of the main problems is Austin worm tongue in the ear of Levein 

Don't know what you or anyone else was expecting today. We were comprehensively beaten by a team which is cash doped by an owner who has been described by a judge as an accomplished liar, and which runs an unsustainable debt.

Fwiw I thought AM handled the tactics as well as could be expected in the circumstances, 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Now he maybe clueless:-

But I wouldn’t expect Naismith to start, Walker picked up a knock mid week and  Uche didn’t train for a couple of days.  I can understand why they were on the bench.

We were in a semi final.