McPhee, you can get your coat too pal

Dusk_Till_Dawn

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There was no doubt about that anyway. I’m not even sure I’d say tarred with the same brush. Just useless.

I am neutral on AM. He won’t be our manager and if our new manager wants to keep him I am ok with that. If he goes I won’t have any sleepless nights.

As a coach AM has won the LC.... something no Hearts coach has done since the 50’s. Clearly he is not useless.

Edited by McCrae

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• vegas-voss

• McCrae

• Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

1 hour ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

I’d say that in Wighton, MacLean, Bozanic, White and Clare we started with 5 players who have never played a good 90 minutes for Hearts. Injuries limited our options but Uche should have started. I’d have given Walker and Naismith 45 mins each to add some creativity. I’d Have put Hickey at left back and played Brandon who at least has the legs for the big pitch. Wouldn’t  have been enough yesterday but Saturday really is a must win and we need more. McPhee isn’t the man for the job he’s not really a change as he’s part of Levein’s Mgmt team. I think they all need to go. I’d rather Naismith, Kirk and Park took temporary charge while we find the new manager...

McLean had a lot of good games at the start of last season.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

I am neutral on AM. He won’t be our manager and if our new manager wants to keep him I am ok with that. If he goes I won’t have any sleepless nights.

As a coach AM has won the LC.... something no Hearts coach has done since the 50’s. Clearly he is not useless.

He’s done nothing in these two and a half years, or yesterday, to suggest that he isn’t.

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s done nothing in these two and a half years, or yesterday, to suggest that he isn’t.

I think most people would have struggled yesterday. 

Remember he is the right hand man for a manager many fans would like to be at our club... and that team has been doing well.

He has to go.  It's that simple.  The new man has to bring in the coaching staff he trusts.

The incumbents have to be shown the door.

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

He has to go.  It's that simple.  The new man has to bring in the coaching staff he trusts.

The incumbents have to be shown the door.

Why, AM has a good track record and Donald Park is one of the highest regarded coaches in the country?

2 hours ago, McCrae said:

I think most people would have struggled yesterday. 

Remember he is the right hand man for a manager many fans would like to be at our club... and that team has been doing well.

Well if O'Neill gets the job it would be interesting to see who he wants. As that is unlikely Austin may have to prove how great he is elsewhere. He did have some wacky free kick routines last year. Was that as good as he got?

38 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Why, AM has a good track record and Donald Park is one of the highest regarded coaches in the country?

A good track record at NI maybe but his Hearts career has been abysmal to date under Cathro

and Levein.

4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

A good track record at NI maybe but his Hearts career has been abysmal to date under Cathro

and Levein.

Agreed. Common theme CL was the top man.  Where he has had success CL not involved.

Edited by McCrae

• 3 weeks later...
Captain Canada

I can't help think he's shot himself in the foot here. He wants to manage us but went away with NI and came back only a few days ago. 

Going by the scoreline at half time, the players were poorly prepared for what to expect. 

We're in a relegation battle now and need to get a more experienced manager in this week. 

Hope we get Macphee and the rest of the shite in our backroom to ****. Anything with any sort of Craig Levein link away. 

I supported him all the way but he has ripped the first team apart and left us with pure and utter dross. 

Brutal to watch today, acres of space down the left and probably the worst schoolboy football I have seen.

If that was a job interview then it is a no.

27 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hope we get Macphee and the rest of the shite in our backroom to ****. Anything with any sort of Craig Levein link away. 

I supported him all the way but he has ripped the first team apart and left us with pure and utter dross. 

Agreed. Was thinking earlier, the idea of the likes of Naismith, Whelan and Berra being coached by vastly inferior footballers like Jon Daly and Liam Fox is a bit absurd 

On 04/11/2019 at 13:30, Ernie Eskilsson said:

I’d say that in Wighton, MacLean, Bozanic, White and Clare we started with 5 players who have never played a good 90 minutes for Hearts. Injuries limited our options but Uche should have started. I’d have given Walker and Naismith 45 mins each to add some creativity. I’d Have put Hickey at left back and played Brandon who at least has the legs for the big pitch. Wouldn’t  have been enough yesterday but Saturday really is a must win and we need more. McPhee isn’t the man for the job he’s not really a change as he’s part of Levein’s Mgmt team. I think they all need to go. I’d rather Naismith, Kirk and Park took temporary charge while we find the new manager...

Turned the corner, that’s a line from comedy gold.

McPhee is as culpable as Craig for the mess we find ourselves in.

If he is appointed, which is now unlikely then we will no doubt face relegation.

The players don’t want him.

But it will have been done with the ‘best’ of intentions.

An overabundance of hair-gel and men’s moisturiser and too few warriors as we pass the ball back and across and back. Terrific.

As for recruitment - This is some shape we are in.

The Hogfather

As much as today should write him off from the managers job, there’s not much he can do about the back line completely chucking that one today. 

Believe me McPhee is a smooth operator and has his feet planted right under Ann's table.

Edited by mitch41

jack D and coke
37 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

As much as today should write him off from the managers job, there’s not much he can do about the back line completely chucking that one today. 

Yeah they had 3 attempts at goal, all coming down the left hand side (I’m not digging Hickey out hes a young lad) but Hickey sold the goals. Possibly not the 2nd entirely but he didn’t get close to Burke at all for the cross and I feel the goalkeeper couldve done a bit better too. I’ve not seen Perriera make a good save yet, he’s not an improvement on either of the keepers we already had in all honesty. 
We looked devoid of ideas and just lack any real intensity in our play. 
We’ve got mountains to climb. 
Getting a decent man in needs to be accelerated though, this has dragged on too long. 

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Believe me McPhee is a smooth operator and has his feet planted right under Ann's table.

All of which feeds into the narrative of AB being easily manipulated. I sincerely hope that she is not as easily hoodwinked by McPhee as she was by CL. 

McPhee will be singing "Austin the builder I can fix it". And Ann will sing "Hey you get outta my cloud".

Hearts have an owner who dithers will Tynecastle burns. She just hasn't a clue about football and doesn't trust any bodies advice. Saying there is no hurry and we have to get it right just tells the world she is stuck in limbo and as the pressure builds she might just panic and employ another manager who is out of his depth.

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Yeah they had 3 attempts at goal, all coming down the left hand side (I’m not digging Hickey out hes a young lad) but Hickey sold the goals. Possibly not the 2nd entirely but he didn’t get close to Burke at all for the cross and I feel the goalkeeper couldve done a bit better too. I’ve not seen Perriera make a good save yet, he’s not an improvement on either of the keepers we already had in all honesty. 
We looked devoid of ideas and just lack any real intensity in our play. 
We’ve got mountains to climb. 
Getting a decent man in needs to be accelerated though, this has dragged on too long. 

1) Spot on there was acres of space

2) Bobby sitting in the stand would have fared better

3) We were chasing the ball all over rather than holding position - It really was schoolboy football (Possibly wanting to impress or not just giving two hoots I don't know)

Bye bye Austin. 
Maybe you will get a made up job like your mate Craig to see out your contract!!! 
What a state we are in!!!

Edited by rick witter

Surely after today, everyone can see that it was not only levein that was the problem. McPhee, daly, fox, whoever is responsible for recruiting the dross we've signed - they all need to go. 

A complete fresh start and bring someone in who can build the football side back up again as it's a shambles, and has been for 4 seasons now. 

It will be a 2-3 year rebuild job at least to get us back challenging for 3rd as we should be. 

I sat in the main stand behind the Hearts dugout today and due to the pish on the pitch spent much of the game watching MacPhee.  This guy is not a people manager, terrible body language - hands in pocket face down, not looking at people who made mistakes, players arguing with him, other coaches barely talking to him.  Only Michael Smith looked like he wanted to help him, noticeably Naismith and Whelan seemed bemused by his instructions, Berra didn;t appear to talk to him all game and Whelan went nuts at him early on about the problems down our left.

Please don't make this guy manager of our team, he does not have the people skills.  He might be a great technician but our current set of players need someone who can motivate them.

Says in interview after today’s match he will be busy all week preparing team for Ibrox  all I can say is god help us ffs we could get a proper going over next week with this clown in charge 

1 hour ago, farin said:

His post match interview..

Austin MacPhee insists Hearts 3-0 defeat to Kilmarnock won't have an adverse effect on his bid to become permanent manager. 

"I'm convinced the players and I are on the same page.

"As I've said since I've been asked to take the team in this role, I speak to Ann Budge every day .

WTAF... 

3 minutes ago, jumpship said:

WTAF... 

I think he also said winning 5-2 would not have affected it either and there was a bigger picture.

I think and hope to goodness he has been told he is not getting it !!

**** me folk were thinking he should get the job after we beat St Mirren

Budge was right we need a manager with experience and stature.Unfortunatly she let things go with Levein too long that it's harder to now get in said managers.

I think Budge is in a dilemma now, but she cannot keep dithering.   I think she was hoping MacPhee would do well, even though he was a significant part of two failed managerial regimes.   That way, she could take the easy option and appoint him.  

Now she has to make a decision.  Hopefully it is to appoint an external candidate, giving him license to clear out the dross on the coaching staff, that we currently have. 

Edited by Paolo

Just now, Paolo said:

I think Budge is in a dilemma now, but she cannot keep dithering.   Off of me was hoping MacPhee would do well, even though he was a significant part of two failed managerial regimes.   That way, she could take the easy option and appoint him.  

Now she has to make a decision.  Hopefully it is to appoint an external candidate, giving him license to clear out the dross on the coaching staff, that we currently have. 

Agree with you.

The more I think about it, Warnock till the end of the season, possibly next, then we should be in a far better place to attract a younger but experienced manager for a longer stay. By that time Warnock will have hopefully sorted out the players. If you don't perform.for him you are out. And that's what we haven't seen for a while. Players playing poorly but continually starting.

8 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Agree with you.

The more I think about it, Warnock till the end of the season, possibly next, then we should be in a far better place to attract a younger but experienced manager for a longer stay. By that time Warnock will have hopefully sorted out the players. If you don't perform.for him you are out. And that's what we haven't seen for a while. Players playing poorly but continually starting.

Based on the bookies and rumoured list, he is the stand out candidate.  

no-one really knows, but the stalling is getting ridiculous, and if we do come out and again say that we suddenly realised the best person for the job is already at the club, then it will be a farce, and under this regime, there will be no point in inviting applications for the manager/head coach role ever again.  

I actually don’t think this will happen this time, but I am still concerned about who we do appoint.   Budge has admitted she doesn’t know much about this side of things.  Unfortunately her right hand man failed, and it took her too long to realise this, so who knows who we appoint. 

jack D and coke

Just sitting listening to Roy Keane here and then thinking about the absolute garbage we watched earlier and then finally thinking about some utterly deluded Hearts fans saying no thanks to a man of that stature. 
Tbf there’s no way he’d take over this shower. 
No wonder Stendel isn’t interested either. 
Hiding to nothing with these jokers. 

20 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I think he also said winning 5-2 would not have affected it either and there was a bigger picture.

I think and hope to goodness he has been told he is not getting it !!

Doesn't sound like it.. 

The results part not being imported.. is the most stupid response you can get. 

Saying all those things and pointing out he speaks with Ann Budge every day, does she have the same beliefs??? 

Concerning...

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just sitting listening to Roy Keane here and then thinking about the absolute garbage we watched earlier and then finally thinking about some utterly deluded Hearts fans saying no thanks to a man of that stature. 
Tbf there’s no way he’d take over this shower. 
No wonder Stendel isn’t interested either. 
Hiding to nothing with these jokers. 

Did not hear what he said.   He is a winner, though, at the highest level, and we are full of losers.   It doesn’t guarantee he will be successful, but to automatically dismiss him as not good enough for us is laughable. 

6 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Doesn't sound like it.. 

The results part not being imported.. is the most stupid response you can get. 

Saying all those things and pointing out he speaks with Ann Budge every day, does she have the same beliefs??? 

Concerning...

Ohhhhh man I hope not or we are in alot more trouble than I thought !!

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

Did not hear what he said.   He is a winner, though, at the highest level, and we are full of losers.   It doesn’t guarantee he will be successful, but to automatically dismiss him as not good enough for us is laughable. 

I just enjoy listening to Keane, he’s talking about City Chelsea atm. He takes no prisoners and says what I and sure loads of punters feel. He doesn’t sugar coat anything and removes the nonsense and flannel from modern ***** footballers. 
I laugh when Hearts fans say no thanks to a man of his standing in the game. 
We should crawl over broken glass if we thought he was interested. 

On 04/11/2019 at 14:33, McCrae said:

My god how can you defend the man who has worked as Cathro and Levein's Assistant Manager.

He is as guilty as them and should be booted out of the club tonight.

jack D and coke
Just now, Zlatanable said:

I hope AB isn't dithering.

I hope AB et al are trying to take a big step back to look objectively at the wider picture and the longer term picture. 

Austin was successful at Cowdenbeath, St Mirren and Northern Ireland. In a lesser role though, I think. 

I am tired of losing right enough. 

I believe Hearts ought to be top 3/4 and in Europe. 

She’s presided over us becoming a ****ing shower mate. We are a ****ing shower of shite. 
She hasn’t lost all yet, not by any means I’m still behind her but this needs taken by the horns. 

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Surely after today, everyone can see that it was not only levein that was the problem. McPhee, daly, fox, whoever is responsible for recruiting the dross we've signed - they all need to go. 

A complete fresh start and bring someone in who can build the football side back up again as it's a shambles, and has been for 4 seasons now. 

It will be a 2-3 year rebuild job at least to get us back challenging for 3rd as we should be. 

Can I also add the utter dross that infects our first team squad !! Your last point is bang on. We are going to have to be patient. It is going to take 2 or 3 transfer windows to get a squad and even longer to get the rubbish out.

After listening to McPhee after the game if Preston was to call McPhee delusional he wouldn't be lying. Levein, Cathro, McPhee, Daly and Fox are all not fit for purpose.

Empty them all now.

26 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Based on the bookies and rumoured list, he is the stand out candidate.  

no-one really knows, but the stalling is getting ridiculous, and if we do come out and again say that we suddenly realised the best person for the job is already at the club, then it will be a farce, and under this regime, there will be no point in inviting applications for the manager/head coach role ever again.  

I actually don’t think this will happen this time, but I am still concerned about who we do appoint.   Budge has admitted she doesn’t know much about this side of things.  Unfortunately her right hand man failed, and it took her too long to realise this, so who knows who we appoint. 

I think this next appointment will shape her legacy quite a lot. I really, really hope she gets it right.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

After listening to McPhee after the game if Preston was to call McPhee delusional he wouldn't be lying. Levein, Cathro, McPhee, Daly and Fox are all not fit for purpose.

Empty them all now.

I think we as a fan base are delusional it’s not just macphee, we have ideas way above our station. Hearts in general are a ****ing shower, a disgrace. I remember after the championship season and thinking the club was in such good hands that the sky was the limit. We were set to become constant 3rd-4th mibbe even more than that as our finances were finally in order. 
Im as deluded as anyone. 
Looking at the betting and people scoffing the names mentioned. 
Deluded. 

🤡🤡

*disclaimer* few bottles of wine in here

No one has quite came out and said it but anyone reckon the players downed tools in first few minutes to stop AMc being in with a chance of the job? Especially senior players got accused of chucking a goal... Maybe some don't fancy him or maybe we are just that 💩💩

?