• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Seymour M Hersh
25 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It’s embarrassing having him hanging around though. 
If he had an ounce of self respect he would have left when he was asked to step down from his jobs. 

If you're that embarrassed just stay in the house and keep off tinterweb until May. Simples.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can't remember what my earliest NOW cassette was.

Yes, millennials, I said a ****ing cassette!

Can’t remember the number of my first one either but do remember it having Never Let Her Slip Away by Andrew Gold on it. Possibly also had the Super Mario Brothers song and Tetris song on it too I think 🤔

2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I’m too old, I remember it hitting double figures (still have the double cassette) 😭😭

What’s a cassette?

:whistling:

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

My first one was number 28.  :facepalm:

I was one behind you, Now 29. Still the best one. Pato Banton: Come Back on the same disc as Zombie by the Cranberries and Cigarettes and Alcohol.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

I was one behind you, Now 29. Still the best one. Pato Banton: Come Back on the same disc as Zombie by the Cranberries and Cigarettes and Alcohol.

Stop it.  :sob:

27 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It’s embarrassing having him hanging around though. 
If he had an ounce of self respect he would have left when he was asked to step down from his jobs. 

Its just a transition period -  he has been integral

to the football structure of the 3rd  biggest team in Scotland - any other business would generally allow such a senior employee to do a proper handover before he leaves.

Why just have him walk out for someone to work our all the structures and internal mechanics of it all when it isn’t necessary. 

He isn’t manager, he isnt deciding tactics anymore.

Chill

As yer man is still contracted to Barnsley, looking at their current predicament isn't it feasible they might stick him back in the dugout?

4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I don't know anybody that's seen him anywhere near the club but I'm happy for you to prove evidence of him contaminating the club as you suggest.  If your injunction allows of course. 

Our CEO and major shareholder formally announced Levein was staying at the Club to work on infrastructure and the potential to offer her advice.

Why do you need “evidence”?

Do you believe she was telling porkies???

3 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

As yer man is still contracted to Barnsley, looking at their current predicament isn't it feasible they might stick him back in the dugout?

It was reported in the media yesterday that  “yer man” had been released from his contract - have you been asleep?? 🤔

number witheld
3 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Awful for those of us who had no 1 😢... on cassette. 

Though think it might have been a older sibling hand me down! 

3 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Awful for those of us who had no 1 😢... on cassette. 

I remember the ‘Hits’ compilations running at the same time, Now survived longer by the looks of things🤣

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It was reported in the media yesterday that  “yer man” had been released from his contract - have you been asleep?? 🤔

You believe the media. 

Ok. 

12 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Can’t remember the number of my first one either but do remember it having Never Let Her Slip Away by Andrew Gold on it. Possibly also had the Super Mario Brothers song and Tetris song on it too I think 🤔

just checked and it was Now 23. Not only did it contain those three songs but they were back to back! The things you still remember after  27 years!

1FD9DE5F-75A6-44AB-AB1A-73EDA2922579.jpeg

scott herbertson

I remember the first NOW album (that's what we called them back in the day) coming out.

In fact I bought it, i believe, not for me but for Dundee Music Library.

I was the Music librarian in the Wellgate Centre and I introduced rock and pop music to what had previously been a bit of a classical and Val Doonican wasteland.

I remember thinking it was a cheap way for  us to get in the stuff the kids would like, and wondering whether they would issue any more.

I still rate it as my best job ever. Sounds and New Musical express were my work tools and I basically bought anything interesting, taped anything i liked and put stuff out that baffled the old timers. I remember buying the Cure, REM Murmur etc - happy days 

The Future's Maroon

I gonna give you up, am gonna take you back....

Lol, please bookmark this thread and read back in five years....will be entertaining to say the least!!!

4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

You believe the media. 

Ok. 

So Budge and now the media are all telling lies! 😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bugger it, I'll play it anyway.

NOW 28, for Morgan 

Jeez, that brings back memories. 

Not ITK (as they say) but I’m expecting a Stendel and McPhee partnership to be announced very very soon 

I think this is what Ann will do 🤔

wont really bother looking too much into what is directly involved and around the SD role until the manager is announced

Although they are both very important appointments in their own right the manager appointment has to take precedence for me

fecking praying to god daily that we have got our man 🙏

28 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nah more like football’s version of Frank Spencer! 😂

:lol: the football manager version of Pat McGinley “I just like stayin’“ 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

it’s just a pointless question which is loaded to encourage some posters to have yet another pop at CL.

If it's pointless why have so many people answered?

19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can't remember what my earliest NOW cassette was.

Yes, millennials, I said a ****ing cassette!

Cassette? Pure luxury!

I had Now3 on VINYl.

:muggy:

7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I remember the first NOW album (that's what we called them back in the day) coming out.

In fact I bought it, i believe, not for me but for Dundee Music Library.

I was the Music librarian in the Wellgate Centre and I introduced rock and pop music to what had previously been a bit of a classical and Val Doonican wasteland.

I remember thinking it was a cheap way for  us to get in the stuff the kids would like, and wondering whether they would issue any more.

I still rate it as my best job ever. Sounds and New Musical express were my work tools and I basically bought anything interesting, taped anything i liked and put stuff out that baffled the old timers. I remember buying the Cure, REM Murmur etc - happy days 

I had the first NOW album too, some cracking toons on it including the very famous song  na na na na na na na na na na na Paulo Sergio, Sergio, Paulo Sergio.

Stendel signed yet?

Byyy The Light

So what do folk think Levein is doing? Just lurking about in his full training kit trying to distract players while they are training?

Hanging about the canteen trying to hang out with the players??

Going to be like the sketch on chewin the fat with the shadow gaffer??

😂😂😂😂😂 this place is mental. 

Arthur Morgan
28 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Why’s Budge travelling down south for talks with him when he’s already signed yesterday? Hasn’t anybody told her? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Obviously interested if he's having more meetings with Ann though eh? You and Davie said he wasn't interested and the deal looked dead, yet you haven't heard anything else since? 

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So Budge and now the media are all telling lies! 😂😂😂

If you can't see the truth from the untruth in the written word then that's something I suggest you educate yourself on. 

Which really beggars the question, are you seriously suggesting the media DONT tell lies.

:rofl:

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

So what do folk think Levein is doing? Just lurking about in his full training kit trying to distract players while they are training?

The invisible boss you mean?

Wouldn't be unlike Levein

"Where's Uche? About 50 yards away"

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Listening to Now 37 on his Minidisc player.

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

My first one was number 28.  :facepalm:

Now 20 for me. 

Double cassette. 

:glorious:

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Tripping them up, passing on the Flu and generally creating havoc.

Secretly, silently to the point of invisibility.

But he's there.......

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

No idea. Just seen a YouTube clip before.

Just amuses me folk think Levein has this power over the club and players. If that was the case they might have actually played for him.

Never mind the NOW albums, I remember the old Top of the Pops albums released on Pickwick records, where a bunch of session musicians did cover versions of the latest hits.  These were particularly bad when the genuine singer had a distinctive voice.  I can remember some god awful attempts at Bowie impressions.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Tripping them up, passing on the Flu and generally creating havoc.

Secretly, silently to the point of invisibility.

But he's there.......

😂 folk are bonkers

6 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Obviously interested if he's having more meetings with Ann though eh? You and Davie said he wasn't interested and the deal looked dead, yet you haven't heard anything else since? 

Definitely looks like we’ve worked very hard to change his mind over the past week. Hope it pays off 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

7 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

If you can't see the truth from the untruth in the written word then that's something I suggest you educate yourself on. 

Which really beggars the question, are you seriously suggesting the media DONT tell lies.

:rofl:

Good try Noah but you have been absolutely clueless twice tonight - suggest you get yourself up to date before you post more dross.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Now 20 for me. 

Double cassette. 

:glorious:

Tragically I have the original Now album on vinyl. 

• davemclaren locked this topic