• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

This made me think of my Mum. Why? Mario Lanza was the singing voice. 

You are correct, and Edmund Purdom was the actor who mimed the songs. Music can bring back so many memories. That movie was released in 1954, and we had a student Prince in our team at that time who soon went on to become the King of Hearts, and indeed

Scotland. ❤🇱🇻

Stendel has been the number one target for a while ,Neil  MCCann WAS Plan B . 
It has ( obviously ) been more protracted due to issues at both ends . 
I’d like to defend Dazjambo as he’s been 99% accurate . 
The bits & bolts of the contract were agreed a week ago, the finer details still being ironed out . Anyone who has read Ian Murray’s book will know AB has prior history for playing hard ball at the last minute. 

Maroonblood22

Whether the deal is signed or not, I think it's good that Ann has travelled to Manchester to meet him. A good gesture to show him how much we want him I reckon, and he seems the type of character to appreciate that.

Arthur Morgan
3 minutes ago, Biguche said:

Surely today's the day?

Today or tomorrow I would suspect. He wouldn't be in charge for the Rangers match.

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Absolutely, had a few myself. 🙈

Mrs Budge travelling down south for talks with Stendel does pose the question though about why she would need to do that when he’s already signed a contract on Tuesday. That’s what I’m getting at...

:conspiracy:

9 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Don't think it's a bad thing necessarily. I trust Stendel to be strong enough to do his thing but also smart enough to ask Levein for any advice he might need. And for Levein to do whatever his thing is in the background without sticking his oar in unwanted. 

Levein had to go but his knowledge of the game here could be a benefit for Stendel. At least this way, Stendel has the option of tapping in to that if hee feels the need to. 

If Levein has been in any way involved in this process then it is indefensible. 

Okay moving away from the battle of the ITKers (thanks to all of you for the entertainment) and assuming it is Stendal, what's everyones thoughts?

Personally I'll delighted. Previous clubs have loved his style of football and passion, something we have lacked massively since Cathro came in. No connection to the club or Scottish football so should hold no fear and not pander to the west coast lot.

Seems that he really enjoyed connecting with the fans in Barnsley and if does the same up here he has some serious potential.

1 hour ago, Meadows said:

Stendel has been the number one target for a while ,Neil  MCCann WAS Plan B . 
It has ( obviously ) been more protracted due to issues at both ends . 
I’d like to defend Dazjambo as he’s been 99% accurate . 
The bits & bolts of the contract were agreed a week ago, the finer details still being ironed out . Anyone who has read Ian Murray’s book will know AB has prior history for playing hard ball at the last minute. 

Last Thursday nothing had been agreed and he had politely declined.

You’re right about McCann though. Amazing the advantage you get when you’re the owner’s favourite ever player :whistling:

Edited by Alex Kintner

12 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Last Thursday nothing had been agreed and he had politely declined.

You’re right about McCann though. Amazing the advantage you get when you’re the owner’s favourite ever player :whistling:

McCann for Sporting Director? Or am I reading into that too much?

5 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If true mrs Budge has lied then because she said levein wouldn't have any part of the process 

She then said that she might ask him for his opinion, since he was still here. 

14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Imagine the seethe if the deal falls through and Plan B is Neil ****ing MCCann 😂

Nowhere near the seethe if it’s McCall imo.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Paolo said:

She then said that she might ask him for his opinion, since he was still here. 

I doubt she'd have levein there during process but if she did that would be an embarrassment to be honest !! Imagine having a guy who appointed cathro and then took over when that failed and has failed miserably trying to convince a guy to take the job?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

It was a joke surely your not taking it serious 

Whooooosh  :)

What is pish?

6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hearts support is usually loyal to whoever becomes manager. 

6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I would much rather McCall than Neil McCann 100%. 

Adam_the_legend
7 hours ago, Last Laff said:

The sun is running the exclusive Budge and Levein met DS yesterday in Manchester.  Sod all has been signed. 

:cornette::facepalm:

August Landmesser
14 minutes ago, Prof said:

Hearts support is usually loyal to whoever becomes manager. 

Tell that to Craig Levein

21 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I doubt she'd have levein there during process but if she did that would be an embarrassment to be honest !! Imagine having a guy who appointed cathro and then took over when that failed and has failed miserably trying to convince a guy to take the job?

If there’s one thing Levein is good at, it is selling the club and the city to potential employees. As long as he’s had no part in the selection process then I’m completely ok with him helping Ann sell the club to the candidate she wants but there is nothing to suggest this actually happened. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

She said at the start that Levein would not be involved in the recruiting process. Fake news made up by the I want Levein gone, but now he is gone I can't drop it gang.

7 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Absolutely, had a few myself. 🙈

Mrs Budge travelling down south for talks with Stendel does pose the question though about why she would need to do that when he’s already signed a contract on Tuesday. That’s what I’m getting at...

Perhaps a more informal meeting to discuss the squad, players wanted (and not wanted), general “getting to know you” better chat...?

8 hours ago, Last Laff said:

The sun is running the exclusive Budge and Levein met DS yesterday in Manchester.  Sod all has been signed. 

Most likely down there  negotiating with Barnsley. 

1 hour ago, Mort said:

Levein has been relieved of his duties as DOF & manager but remains on the payroll. If he’s been somehow involved in helping to attract the new manager or open to assisting the new manager until he finds his feet then I don’t see the problem. To many people can’t  seem to get over him. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

If there’s one thing Levein is good at, it is selling the club and the city to potential employees. As long as he’s had no part in the selection process then I’m completely ok with him helping Ann sell the club to the candidate she wants but there is nothing to suggest this actually happened. 

As said previously I don't think he'd be there but if he was it would be a blatant lie by Mrs Budge and a complete joke ! Imagine the guy sitting there thinking is this the guy you just sacked from manager / dof and the guy who's completely failed 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Mort said:

Absolutely 

Imagine you are interested in the gig at Hearts. 

Imagine you had been shit on at your previous two clubs.

You’d have trust issues right?

Imagine then a new club was interested in you and the previous manager - sacked from his manager duties from the club that he loves - was some part of the team selling (not choosing) the club to you as a brilliant club to work for?

You'd be blown away.

What Budge has been criticised for - too much time for an underperforming manager? You’d be encouraged.

Turnover of players because Budge has supported her managers (no matter what the success rate has been)? Bingo!

Just about everything our more extreme fans are moaning about are exactly the things that might convince Stendel to join us.

People. Engage brains.

5 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

All this speculation as to AB and CL being in Manchester for talks with DS.   Is it possible that if they were actually in Manchester, they were there simply to watch a performance of 'Pricilla - Queen of the Desert' at the Palace Theatre?      :facepalm:

Hopefully she doesn't attempt firing ping pong balls at him....

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Absolutely 

Bullshit

As Doddie Weir says - going away on a trip, speaking a funny language and eating different food is like a day in Selkirk....

Edited by Jammy T

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Imagine you are interested in the gig at Hearts. 

Imagine you had been shit on at your previous two clubs.

You’d have trust issues right?

Imagine then a new club was interested in you and the previous manager - sacked from his manager duties from the club that he loves - was some part of the team selling (not choosing) the club to you as a brilliant club to work for?

You'd be blown away.

What Budge has been criticised for - too much time for an underperforming manager? You’d be encouraged.

Turnover of players because Budge has supported her managers (no matter what the success rate has been)? Bingo!

Just about everything our more extreme fans are moaning about are exactly the things that might convince Stendel to join us.

People. Engage brains.

👏👏👏👏

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, Alan_R said:

I'm very rarely "itk" but this is why I'd not doubt you.

Some things don't come off, just the way it is. I've no idea why some posters give you so much heat.

It's really weird eh. What has made this thread a nightmare;

Daza posting some potential information that people can discuss.

Or

A group of folk abusing someone for potentially being ITK, a fact that makes zero difference to their lives.

I know which I prefer.

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

People. Engage brains.

That’s too difficult for some on here, they’re too obsessed with bashing the club and owner at every point they can’t see the wood from the trees. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Bullshit

Really ? As long as levein hanging about there's always going to be suspicion because of the ridiculous situation of sacking him from 2 roles but still keeping him on the payroll 

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Bullshit

As Doddie Weir says - going away on a trip, speaking a funny language and eating different food is like a day in Selkirk....

Correct Japanese is the native tongue in old Selkirk and of course the famous Bannock.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's really weird eh. What has made this thread a nightmare;

Daza posting some potential information that people can discuss.

Or

A group of folk abusing someone for potentially being ITK, a fact that makes zero difference to their lives.

I know which I prefer.

Same. 
Not really sure why people get so angry about potential ITK posts. Enjoy them myself especially if poster has a bit of previous. 
Believe it or believe it not don’t pish yir breeks. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

That’s too difficult for some on here, they’re too obsessed with bashing the club and owner at every point they can’t see the wood from the trees. 

Can you give me one example of another football club who would sack a failed manager/ dof but keep him on the payroll then have him involved in the process of appointing new manager if indeed this did happen which I don't actually think it did btw

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Can you give me one example of another football club who would sack a failed manager/ dof but keep him on the payroll then have him involved in the process of appointing new manager if indeed this did happen which I don't actually think it did btw

I don’t think it did either but let’s be clear, if he was involved in the process of selecting the new manager then yes, it is unacceptable. Selling the club and city to a candidate already selected by the board is another matter and one that I’m completely ok with. 

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Really ? As long as levein hanging about there's always going to be suspicion because of the ridiculous situation of sacking him from 2 roles but still keeping him on the payroll 

It really is no different to gardening leave, except we’re making use of him elsewhere while he still gets a wage from us. 

• davemclaren locked this topic