• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

The Wrinkly Ninja
3 minutes ago, jumpship said:

4-6 weeks to find a new manager, sure that was said... 

How long we got till 6 weeks are up?

I think it is clear that the new manager was found weeks ago.......

Persuading that new manager that this is the job he wants to take and extraditing him from his previous contract has however taken almost exactly the time we were told it would take.

Again, if people wanted a Tottenham style one in one out. Scenario the option was there for CL to remain in place for another 6 weeks!

jack D and coke
44 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It wouldn't look out of place in one of these now 🤣

71ORmhOnreL.jpg

Best thread for donkeys mate :lol: 

3 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Persuading that new manager that this is the job he wants to take and extraditing him from his previous contract has however taken almost exactly the time we were told it would take.

Again, if people wanted a Tottenham style one in one out. Scenario the option was there for CL to remain in place for another 6 weeks!

Tottenham style?

I think you mean everyone else's Style. 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Can you give me one example of another football club who would sack a failed manager/ dof but keep him on the payroll then have him involved in the process of appointing new manager if indeed this did happen which I don't actually think it did btw

Not sacked, but the end of Alex Ferguson's time was a bit similar. In fact, he hand-picked Moyes as his successor and is still highly visible and employed by the club.

However, slight difference with Levein who, imo, should really leave the building as soon as the new man comes in.

7 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

That is right.

People moaning about the time. Not saying they would have been happy with Craig Levein still manager with nothing being said about changing it. 

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Tell that to Craig Levein

Levein and Robbie only got abuse from a minority and only at the end of their tenure.

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sacked, but the end of Alex Ferguson's time was a bit similar. In fact, he hand-picked Moyes as his successor and is still highly visible and employed by the club.

However, slight difference with Levein who, imo, should really leave the building as soon as the new man comes in.

Big massive difference is sir Alex Ferguson was an absolute winner 

Selkirkhmfc1874
19 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Lets hope he doesn’t bump into Gary Locke in the corridor and ask him what it’s like to play for support and manage our club?!

”can’t tell you anything mate because some internet oddballs might raise suspicions if a proposed manager speaks to a former manager who is ‘hanging around’”

Big difference is gary Locke has been away from the football department for some time , wasn't manager / dof until recently and gary Locke isn't a control freak 

17 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Why does the timescale have to move forward rather than back? We could have done this as soon as Stendel went on gardening leave.

That's not a complaint, it it take 4-6 weeks and we land our man then so be it.

jamboinglasgow

I can see it being announced tomorrow (based on guess and no inside knowledge)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

24 minutes ago, jumpship said:

4-6 weeks to find a new manager, sure that was said... 

How long we got till 6 weeks are up?

Budge also said the Sporting Director role was to be filled first and that's gone completely quiet now. Got to think it'll be McPhee.

I'm surprised the new manager wasn't announced the day the Women's team won the league.

Good to release bad news when everybody focuses on the good news

:whistling:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

And some shop fronts ripped me when I said “careful what you wish for” when hounding Robbie out the club.

Likewise, I had quite a few verbal jousts. Problem with modern day society and social media, turned everyone into an expert, and an entitled expert to boot

49 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

What's this anti Neil McCann garbage can kbers expand on this as I don't get it.

Great player , lovely guy , shite manager , hope this helps . 

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So, do you want him appointed after St Johnstone? 

Why would I want him appointed after the St Johnstone game if he could have a full weeks training before that game?

All I was meaning is we might not see much change in our style of play etc until the St Johnstone game

Edited by jambo_No5

Monsieur Maroon
1 hour ago, WageThief said:

"Dear Mr Stendel, I have a contract here for you to sign.  Don't mind our Craig, his existence has been fabricated by a poster who is too stupid to even read the fairy stories in The Sun accurately"

I know! Why are people talking about Craig Levein?!

17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Big massive difference is sir Alex Ferguson was an absolute winner 

Absolutely.

And he still made an arse of his successor's appointment.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Absolutely.

And he still made an arse of his successor's appointment.

Again absolutely but he earned right to pick that man in my opinion ! Levein picked cathro and was a total failure , levein himself has been a total failure and should be out our club instead of still taking a wagr again in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Really ? As long as levein hanging about there's always going to be suspicion because of the ridiculous situation of sacking him from 2 roles but still keeping him on the payroll 

I wouldn't say it's ridiculous at all, it's just how it works these days. Stendel's still on Barnsley's payroll isn't he?

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

And some shop fronts ripped me when I said “careful what you wish for” when hounding Robbie out the club.

I imagine you said it in a way that would invite a slapped puss if you ever had the balls to speak like that in a pub, such is your manner. You don't really deserve too much respect imo :)

And it wasn't Robbie leaving that was the problem, it was the stupid appointment (and subsequent refusal to remove said appointment quickly enough) that was the issue. Robbie leaving should have been the springboard for us to push on.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I wouldn't say it's ridiculous at all, it's just how it works these days. Stendel's still on Barnsley's payroll isn't he?

he’s off it now 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

Why would I want him appointed after the St Johnstone game if he could have a full weeks training before that game?

All I was meaning is we might not see much change in our style of play etc until the St Johnstone game

Yeah, the new manager might need more than a week or two.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, the new manager might need more than a week or two.

There may be a few out there who expect an instant change or impact in the livi or Motherwell games but he'll have had barely any time with the players. So it could be the St Johnstone game before we start to see his ideas starting to come across 

If it’s Stendel, I don’t care if it takes 2 weeks. The seasons ****ed anyway, there’s only the Scottish Cup to play for. So if he comes in 2-3weeks it gives him a few games to assess and make changes in January, then we finish strongly. 

55 minutes ago, allyby said:

Manchester? So unlikely for anything to happen today then?

It's Manchester in England not Manchester in New Hampshire.

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I imagine you said it in a way that would invite a slapped puss if you ever had the balls to speak like that in a pub, such is your manner. You don't really deserve too much respect imo :)

And it wasn't Robbie leaving that was the problem, it was the stupid appointment (and subsequent refusal to remove said appointment quickly enough) that was the issue. Robbie leaving should have been the springboard for us to push on.

:lol:

:greatpost:

33 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Scenes when this all falls apart

Yep, cue another 100 pages of infantile bickering.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I didn’t want Robbie to leave but this is bang on.

The football under neilson after we lost 3-1 to Aberdeen at tynecastle was as bad as under Levein. We were shocking most weeks but Callum Paterson was scoring for fun

The Old Tolbooth
50 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Tottenham style?

I think you mean everyone else's Style. 

Or possibly Jim Jefferies "I was in the vicinity shopping" style :D 

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's Manchester in England not Manchester in New Hampshire.

Good god man get a life, no wonder you have as many posts, posting crap llike this, we're not all as thick as you.

:facepalm:

Edited by allyby

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not trying to be picky with the words you've used but all abuse is unacceptable imo.  Vigorous debate is very different.

I had an exchange with John findlay a few weeks ago about how much we should be paying Aaron Hickey to encourage him to extend his contract.  We each argued our case and in the end we agreed to disagree.  Surely that's the way it should be.  I would be astounded if John ever abused me in fact I know he wouldn't.  Nor would I ever abuse him.  Although we've never met, he is a fellow Hearts supporter and I like and respect him.

That's just one small example.

By the way, I don't think I'm perfect.  Contrary to everything I've just said, I'm pretty sure I've abused I've Seen the Light.  If I haven't, I'll get round to it one day.  😂

In referring to abuse, I'm not objecting in any way to the constructive criticism of Hibernian which is often eloquently proferred by Morgan , Jono and many others.  That is valuable and essential.

Sermon over.  Heinekin calling.

I Wholly agree. Just maybe didn’t word it as should have regarding the abuse. 

3 minutes ago, allyby said:

Good god man get a life, no wonder you have as many posts, posting crap llike this, we're not all as thick as you.

:facepalm:

:rofl:

Au contraire.

Jambof3tornado

Announced after the ibrox match to deflect from another dry boaby shafting that we will take.

Some players seem to have stopped playing for levein/macphee, lets see who steps up to impress the new guy.

1 hour ago, allyby said:

Manchester? So unlikely for anything to happen today then?

Doesn’t have to be in Edinburgh to put pen to paper or for the club the announce it. 

Just now, DarioHMFC said:

Doesn’t have to be in Edinburgh to put pen to paper or for the club the announce it. 

Watch out , he'll be calling you thick in a minute. (post count depending)

Selkirkhmfc1874
32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Do you think stendel would've sat in in the process with his replacement ? As said previously I don't think this happened but if it did then it's a joke 

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Do you think stendel would've sat in in the process with his replacement ? As said previously I don't think this happened but if it did then it's a joke 

And the evidence of this happening  is where?

• davemclaren locked this topic