Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Don't think it's a bad thing necessarily. I trust Stendel to be strong enough to do his thing but also smart enough to ask Levein for any advice he might need. And for Levein to do whatever his thing is in the background without sticking his oar in unwanted. 

Levein had to go but his knowledge of the game here could be a benefit for Stendel. At least this way, Stendel has the option of tapping in to that if hee feels the need to. 

Very sensible post.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

That's upto them to report what they get, when they get it and then decide what if any info they print.

I know I haven't jumped the gun. If you or others don't believe that then scroll past my comments and do your own thing rather than clogging a message board with quite clearly personal vendettas against the posters, I look out for some posters on here, others as soon as I see thier username i scroll straight past. I dont really care what your getting at, and as I have said above I know its done, if you believe that or not doesnt do anything for me.

That does it for me. Thanks Daz

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

She wasn’t, but you would know that....wouldn’t you, especially with being so critical and so matter of fact...genuine question!

Can’t recall your previous username, but your having a mare here....are u also AgentJambo?

Just be pleased due to folk like Daz you have a remote clue what is actually going on 🤷🏼‍♂️

She was in Manchester yesterday.  Thursdays report says “yesterday” they have it spot on. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The sun is running the exclusive Budge and Levein met DS yesterday in Manchester.  Sod all has been signed. 

Must be true then 🙄

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The fact that 96 have a maroon shirt must be an omen. Hannover have two colours ( red and green ) as they were formed by the merger of two clubs. . 

32EFE538-03D2-4EB1-A980-DABD681D1DC6.gif

Theres something rather disturbing about green on a maroon kit

7 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

She wasn’t, but you would know that....wouldn’t you, especially with being so critical and so matter of fact...genuine question!

You’re wrong. She was down south speaking to him.

Can’t recall your previous username, but your having a mare here....are u also AgentJambo?

Just be pleased due to folk like Daz you have a remote clue what is actually going on 🤷🏼‍♂️

If you say so 🙄

I get plenty inside info every couple of weeks to keep me happy. The genuine ITKers on here and the trustworthy journalists fill in the blanks in between 👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

She was in Manchester yesterday.  Thursdays report says “yesterday” they have it spot on. 

I apologise, I thought he was in Edinburgh, my bad!

Folk will be going radio rental if true that Craigy boy was in on the talks. Why would he be? 
**** me he’s like a fart that you can’t get rid of the smell of. 

36 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Image rights is all thats left to be dealt with, scarf above photo cant happen until that's done. 100% the deal is done, you will know that yourself, as will a few others 👍

Will be putting alot on ignore after the reaction to the news. 

It’s a football forum to be fair so if people choose to believe you or not fair enough. Some of the abuse is far to far though. Fair play to you for putting your head above the water. 👍🏻

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

You’re wrong. She was down south speaking to him today.

If you say so 🙄

I get plenty inside info every couple of weeks to keep me happy. The genuine ITKers on here and the trustworthy journalists fill in the blanks in between 👍🏻

After checking I thought he was here, I was wrong on that comment.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The sun is running the exclusive Budge and Levein met DS yesterday in Manchester.  Sod all has been signed. 

:what:

Just now, The Future's Maroon said:

After checking, I was wrong on that, apologies.

No worries 👍🏻

Why do you reckon she was there?

1 minute ago, jayjay said:

It’s a football forum to be fair so if people choose to believe you or not fair enough. Some of the abuse is far to far though. Fair play to you for putting your head above the water. 👍🏻

Did Stendel sign the contract on Tuesday, jayjay?

The Future's Maroon
Just now, Alex Kintner said:

No worries 👍🏻

Why do you reckon she was there?

I don’t know, I heard he was up here (Dalmahoy)....duff info, it happens 🙈

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:what:

What I thought too.

”Hi Daniel, this is the guy you’ll be replacing and whose mess you’ll be cleaning up”

Bit awks

• Moderators

Just a reminder that abuse of any poster is not allowed. If any poster feels they have been abused, please report the post and we'll get there.

Also, please do not comment on moderator actions on the open forum.

If you want to discuss forum moderation, please feel free to PM any moderator and we'll try to help you.

Thanks.

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

What I thought too.

”Hi Daniel, this is the guy you’ll be replacing and whose mess you’ll be cleaning up”

Bit awks

No no no, not at all - he'd have been wearing his ex-DOF hat, not his ex-manager hat.

4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Did Stendel sign the contract on Tuesday, jayjay?

Im not privy to the exact date/time when contracts are signed or if they are signed just yet on this particular one. But I’m also not prepared to add to a witch hunt against someone who may well know that. 

Edited by jayjay

3 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I don’t know, I heard he was up here (Dalmahoy)....duff info, it happens 🙈

Absolutely, had a few myself. 🙈

Mrs Budge travelling down south for talks with Stendel does pose the question though about why she would need to do that when he’s already signed a contract on Tuesday. That’s what I’m getting at...

1 minute ago, jayjay said:

Im not privy to the exact date/time when contracts are signed or if they are signed just yet on this particular one. But I’m also not prepared to add to a witch hunt against someone who may well know that. 

No worries. You’re usually pretty spot on 👍🏻

5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Sheer Quality bag off record in the cavendish early 70's.......

10 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

No worries. You’re usually pretty spot on 👍🏻

To be honest the amount of different factors in deals are incredible. They’re never done until it’s officially announced but some official announcements are left for a day or 2 long after deals are done. A lot of times that’s at the request of either party For a variety of Reasons. Certainly is the case with transfers and I’d be very surprised if it’s not with this kind of thing too. 

Edited by jayjay

4 minutes ago, jayjay said:

To be honest the amount of different factors in deals are incredible. They’re never done until it’s officially announced but some official announcements are left for a day or 2 long after deals are done. A lot of times that’s at the request of either party For a variety or reason. . Certainly is the case with transfers and I’d be very surprised if it’s not with this kind of thing too. 

Very probably. Still doesn’t quite add up with Mrs Budge having to travel down south for further talks if the deal is done. Only time will tell I guess and sounds like Ewan Murray is going to spill the full beans at some point

29 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hi Daniel, can I introduce you to our new Sporting Director ... Craig Levein!

40 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

That's upto them to report what they get, when they get it and then decide what if any info they print.

I know I haven't jumped the gun. If you or others don't believe that then scroll past my comments and do your own thing rather than clogging a message board with quite clearly personal vendettas against the posters, I look out for some posters on here, others as soon as I see thier username i scroll straight past. I dont really care what your getting at, and as I have said above I know its done, if you believe that or not doesnt do anything for me.

Feck em Daza. 

36 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Theres something rather disturbing about green on a maroon kit

Correct ! Dont like it at all ,  "red and green should never be seen"    'unless worn upon an irish queen '   🙈🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 

20 minutes ago, jayjay said:

To be honest the amount of different factors in deals are incredible. They’re never done until it’s officially announced but some official announcements are left for a day or 2 long after deals are done. A lot of times that’s at the request of either party For a variety of Reasons. Certainly is the case with transfers and I’d be very surprised if it’s not with this kind of thing too. 

How are you doing ?

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Barack said:

How about some German-themed old school music while we wait?

This place once Stendel signs. Saw the Student Prince in the Tivoli in Gorgie Rd. many moons ago. 

44 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Must be true then 🙄

I love your posts Daza just got a niggly you’ve jumped the gun here, I think he is our next manager but I don’t think it was signed and delivered yesterday.  I reckon you would have mentioned meeting in Manchester if it was the case and no offence and if biggest pardon in the world if you are right btw. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hi Daniel, can I introduce you to our new Sporting Director ... Craig Levein!

Alternatively “Hi Daniel can you advise Craig here why you are the best man for the job” ****s be doing hanging about all the time, it’s crazy. 

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Glad you're still posting, daz. 

Keep us posted when you can, bud, and dltbgyd. 

:)

We all have to take tidbits of info we got on here AND in the media with a pinch of salt. From forum chatter to paper articles I don’t think any will be 100% accurate, and the truth will lie somewhere in between. For example it could be true that a contract is signed and that Budge went down to Manchester. Daza has stated the hold up of the announcement is due to image rights, so perhaps rather than meeting with Stendel Budge was in Manchester dealing with representatives of Stendel and Barnsley over said image rights?

Let’s face it, nothing is truly done until scarf over head, announcement on website etc. So until then try not to get too angry or excited by what you see on here or the media, just try and enjoy the speculation if you can.

29 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I love your posts Daza just got a niggly you’ve jumped the gun here, I think he is our next manager but I don’t think it was signed and delivered yesterday.  I reckon you would have mentioned meeting in Manchester if it was the case and no offence and if biggest pardon in the world if you are right btw. 

It may well have been signed yesterday and AB may well have been in Manchester today (or yesterday now).

Stendel could have signed with conditions that he would have his own assistant(s) and AB could have been down tying up that aspect.  Once that is done the sontract will have been signed AND delivered.

37 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It may well have been signed yesterday and AB may well have been in Manchester today (or yesterday now).

Stendel could have signed with conditions that he would have his own assistant(s) and AB could have been down tying up that aspect.  Once that is done the sontract will have been signed AND delivered.

Stick to asking for evidence instead of writing fairy stories mate. “Dear Mr Stendel, I just happened to have a contract for our head coach’s position in my bag, and don’t mind Craig, he’s just down here to do some scouting for Shakhtar Donetsk” 

55 minutes ago, martoon said:

Glad you're still posting, daz. 

Keep us posted when you can, bud, and dltbgyd. 

:)

Whats elton John and George Michael got to do with anything? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

If true mrs Budge has lied then because she said levein wouldn't have any part of the process 

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Do you know if he is bringing in his own back room team ? 

3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Genuine question...If Stendel agreed and signed the deal yesterday, why is the media reporting Budge down in Manchester today trying to convince him to sign?

Does not say she was down today,  just that she'd travelled to Manchester. Could've been any time this week!

"And it’s understood Budge travelled to Manchester to meet the 45-year-old hoping to end a near month long search for someone to fill the hot-seat"

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Lies! No mention of Levein meeting him.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5003905/hearts-ann-budge-talks-daniel-standel/

"HEARTS owner Ann Budge was last night locked in talks with Daniel Stendel to make him new manager.

SunSport revealed last week the former Barnsley and Hannover 96 boss was the new front-runner to replace the sacked Craig Levein.

And it’s understood Budge travelled to Manchester to meet the 45-year-old hoping to end a near month long search for someone to fill the hot-seat.

Stendel was axed by the Tykes last month and it’s believed there are financial issues to be addressed while he is also thought to favour staying in England for his next post.

But Budge – under growing pressure to finally land Levein’s successor – is determined to get her man.

Stendel had initial talks last week about moving to Scotland and is open to persuasion if he feels Hearts is the right challenge for him.

Jambos caretaker boss Austin MacPhee has suffered Betfred Cup semi-final defeat to Rangers and a heavy Premiership loss at Kilmarnock while in charge, with the team one of four locked on 11 points at the bottom of the table.

He is also in contention for the club’s sporting director role."

Edited by Deans Jambo

2 hours ago, jayjay said:

Not trying to be picky with the words you've used but all abuse is unacceptable imo.  Vigorous debate is very different.

I had an exchange with John findlay a few weeks ago about how much we should be paying Aaron Hickey to encourage him to extend his contract.  We each argued our case and in the end we agreed to disagree.  Surely that's the way it should be.  I would be astounded if John ever abused me in fact I know he wouldn't.  Nor would I ever abuse him.  Although we've never met, he is a fellow Hearts supporter and I like and respect him.

That's just one small example.

By the way, I don't think I'm perfect.  Contrary to everything I've just said, I'm pretty sure I've abused I've Seen the Light.  If I haven't, I'll get round to it one day.  😂

In referring to abuse, I'm not objecting in any way to the constructive criticism of Hibernian which is often eloquently proferred by Morgan , Jono and many others.  That is valuable and essential.

Sermon over.  Heinekin calling.

Pretty sure AB and DS wouldn't have met in Manchester if there was little chance of getting this over the line.

No mention of CL being there.  I suspect that was mischief making.

Sunny day and the Heineken is tasting like nectar.  Another 10 and I'll be convinced we'll thrash Rangers.

All this speculation as to AB and CL being in Manchester for talks with DS.   Is it possible that if they were actually in Manchester, they were there simply to watch a performance of 'Pricilla - Queen of the Desert' at the Palace Theatre?      :facepalm:

3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Neil McCann nearly got the gig in summer, as I posted at the time, but plans changed very late on.

I'm very rarely "itk" but this is why I'd not doubt you.

Some things don't come off, just the way it is. I've no idea why some posters give you so much heat.

• davemclaren locked this topic