Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Really ? As long as levein hanging about there's always going to be suspicion because of the ridiculous situation of sacking him from 2 roles but still keeping him on the payroll 

Suspicion? Only if you want to be suspicious. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

23 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

She said at the start that Levein would not be involved in the recruiting process. Fake news made up by the I want Levein gone, but now he is gone I can't drop it gang.

Yup

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ford donald said:

Seems a strange one,her travelling down there,when he has signed.

A bit of Xmas shopping perhaps.

The Old Tolbooth
11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Imagine you are interested in the gig at Hearts. 

Imagine you had been shit on at your previous two clubs.

You’d have trust issues right?

Imagine then a new club was interested in you and the previous manager - sacked from his manager duties from the club that he loves - was some part of the team selling (not choosing) the club to you as a brilliant club to work for?

You'd be blown away.

What Budge has been criticised for - too much time for an underperforming manager? You’d be encouraged.

Turnover of players because Budge has supported her managers (no matter what the success rate has been)? Bingo!

Just about everything our more extreme fans are moaning about are exactly the things that might convince Stendel to join us.

People. Engage brains.

Totally agree, so what if Levein is involved in some way in the recruitment process, he knows more about football than Ann does for sure! He’s also very good at selling the club to people who we want to join, and I for one wouldn’t mind him staying on in some sort of capacity, just as long as it’s not manager or anything to do with the players side of things. 

33 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

If there’s one thing Levein is good at, it is selling the club and the city to potential employees. As long as he’s had no part in the selection process then I’m completely ok with him helping Ann sell the club to the candidate she wants but there is nothing to suggest this actually happened. 

:spoton:

AlphonseCapone
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Same. 
Not really sure why people get so angry about potential ITK posts. Enjoy them myself especially if poster has a bit of previous. 
Believe it or believe it not don’t pish yir breeks. 

Exactly mate, adds a bit of intrigue, seems fairly simple to me. Everyone remembers the posters that continually talk shite and judge for themselves.

Certainly rather discuss a ITK rumour than Craig Levein still.

17 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Imagine you are interested in the gig at Hearts. 

Imagine you had been shit on at your previous two clubs.

You’d have trust issues right?

Imagine then a new club was interested in you and the previous manager - sacked from his manager duties from the club that he loves - was some part of the team selling (not choosing) the club to you as a brilliant club to work for?

You'd be blown away.

What Budge has been criticised for - too much time for an underperforming manager? You’d be encouraged.

Turnover of players because Budge has supported her managers (no matter what the success rate has been)? Bingo!

Just about everything our more extreme fans are moaning about are exactly the things that might convince Stendel to join us.

People. Engage brains.

That's one way to positively spin that. But in the interest of balance:

It makes the owner look clueless and unable to make proper decisions without her friend, ex DoF and ex manager advising her.

What will the new manager think of that? Will he believe that Budge will make all future decisions as CEO or will the ex DoF and ex manager still be advising her, as a 'close friend'?

27 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As said previously I don't think he'd be there but if he was it would be a blatant lie by Mrs Budge and a complete joke ! Imagine the guy sitting there thinking is this the guy you just sacked from manager / dof and the guy who's completely failed 

I don’t think Daniel will have the same thought process as you. 

I don’t know if CL was there. I don’t know when she went. I understand he is STILL regarded as a sounding board for Mrs Budge but, as a couple of others have said if he was at a meeting between them, even to sell the club, which I appreciate he is very good at its cringey as ****.

If it helps get Stendel though cringe me up

2 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Okay moving away from the battle of the ITKers (thanks to all of you for the entertainment) and assuming it is Stendal, what's everyones thoughts?

Personally I'll delighted. Previous clubs have loved his style of football and passion, something we have lacked massively since Cathro came in. No connection to the club or Scottish football so should hold no fear and not pander to the west coast lot.

Seems that he really enjoyed connecting with the fans in Barnsley and if does the same up here he has some serious potential.

He’s an unknown to me. Seems to talk a good game but time will tell if he is a success or not. I have friends in Hannover so will be interesting to get their reaction if he does join us. 

6 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Stick to asking for evidence instead of writing fairy stories mate. “Dear Mr Stendel, I just happened to have a contract for our head coach’s position in my bag, and don’t mind Craig, he’s just down here to do some scouting for Shakhtar Donetsk” 

"Dear Mr Stendel, I have a contract here for you to sign.  Don't mind our Craig, his existence has been fabricated by a poster who is too stupid to even read the fairy stories in The Sun accurately"

7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t know if CL was there. I don’t know when she went. I understand he is STILL regarded as a sounding board for Mrs Budge but, as a couple of others have said if he was at a meeting between them, even to sell the club, which I appreciate he is very good at its cringey as ****.

Nobody has said he was at the meeting.  A poster simply made it up or was too simple to read a Sun article.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s an unknown to me. Seems to talk a good game but time will tell if he is a success or not. I have friends in Hannover so will be interesting to get their reaction if he does join us. 

I’ve honestly not been as excited about a (albeit still ‘potential’, at this stage - no offence daz, etc.) managerial signing since we announced Burley.

Fingers crossed that he’ll have the same effect (and at least Ann will not try to find an excuse to sack this guy if the fans appear to start loving him more than They do her!)

5 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

All this speculation as to AB and CL being in Manchester for talks with DS.   Is it possible that if they were actually in Manchester, they were there simply to watch a performance of 'Pricilla - Queen of the Desert' at the Palace Theatre?      :facepalm:

Nice plug, are tickets still available?

32 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This thread has been ****ing fantastic :lol: 

Right moan Budgie, announcement today please. 

It wouldn't look out of place in one of these now 🤣

71ORmhOnreL.jpg

Think its time we asked Gary MacKay...he appears to know everything that goes on at Tynie and all about the club.... worth a try ? 

:olly:

In some ways I'm hoping he doesn't sign today - this thread is just too entertaining while its pending - of course when he does sign we will get another 50 pages on who thinks he's shite and who doesn't...... maybe a 200 pager on its way!

12 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Nobody has said he was at the meeting.  A poster simply made it up or was too simple to read a Sun article.

Ah I see. I never click on links to the Sun or Record as a point of principle so fair do’s 

6 minutes ago, Supersonic94 said:

If DS is appointed is it a coincidence that his first game in is Rangers away and so was Ian Cathros?

And Robbie Nielson's? First league game anyway. 

If Stendel is appointed before the Rangers game and isnt in the dug out then he'll barely have any time with the players before the Livi game or the Motherwell game. It wont be until we play St Johnstone that he'll have been able to have a full weeks training with the players before a game 

Edited by jambo_No5

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Supersonic94 said:

If DS is appointed is it a coincidence that his first game in is Rangers away and so was Ian Cathros?

First week of December too, spooky huh? Last time 2nd top this time 2nd bottom (poetic license)

1 minute ago, jambo_No5 said:

If Stendel is appointed before the Rangers game and isnt in the dug out then he'll barely have any time with the players before the Livi game or the Motherwell game. It wont be until we play St Johnstone that he'll have been able to have a full weeks training with the players before a game 

And?

15 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Refresh.......refresh........

its bounty happen today right.............

refresh.......refresh.........

It's been a marathon right enough.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

First week of December too, spooky huh? Last time 2nd top this time 2nd bottom (poetic license)

And some shop fronts ripped me when I said “careful what you wish for” when hounding Robbie out the club.

Edited by Jammy T

3 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

If he is taking the job I think the Rangers job will be the first public appearance we will see of him sitting up in the stands job.

Coburg Hearts
42 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I don’t think it did either but let’s be clear, if he was involved in the process of selecting the new manager then yes, it is unacceptable. Selling the club and city to a candidate already selected by the board is another matter and one that I’m completely ok with. 

How can people not understand this? Like you I don't think it happened, but I think the rumour was started maliciously on here to stir things up.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

How can people not understand this? Like you I don't think it happened, but I think the rumour was started maliciously on here to stir things up.

So aswell as knowing nothing about football Mrs Budge in now incapable of selling the club and the city?

Just now, Lfhearts said:

What's this anti Neil McCann garbage can kbers expand on this as I don't get it.

Great player but done nothing in management of any note maybe ?

35 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I understand.  😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

I would much rather McCall than Neil McCann 100%. 

Me too tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

What's this anti Neil McCann garbage can kbers expand on this as I don't get it.

Not good enough or experienced enough for manager. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

So, do you want him appointed after St Johnstone? 

Just now, jambo_No5 said:

In the 1st few days it will be more about building confidence through his inspirational  team talk and 'Klopp like' love-in with his players - change the mental attitude.

1 minute ago, allyby said:

Any updates, just oot ma bed and having ma tea, to early too go through all this.

The night has been won.

1 minute ago, allyby said:

Any updates, just oot ma bed and having ma tea, to early too go through all this.

Budge had talks in Manchester with him yesterday that's about it

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Love Neil McCann.. shouldn’t be mentioned in regard to this job

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Budge had talks in Manchester with him yesterday that's about it

Manchester? So unlikely for anything to happen today then?

1 minute ago, jumpship said:

4-6 weeks to find a new manager, sure that was said... 

How long we got till 6 weeks are up?

2 to the day. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Can you give me one example of another football club who would sack a failed manager/ dof but keep him on the payroll then have him involved in the process of appointing new manager if indeed this did happen which I don't actually think it did btw

Lets hope he doesn’t bump into Gary Locke in the corridor and ask him what it’s like to play for support and manage our club?!

”can’t tell you anything mate because some internet oddballs might raise suspicions if a proposed manager speaks to a former manager who is ‘hanging around’”

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

It really is no different to gardening leave, except we’re making use of him elsewhere while he still gets a wage from us. 

It’s nothing like gardening leave. Zero. He still turns up for work at hearts every day, he just doesn’t hold the manager/dof title. 

• davemclaren locked this topic