• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Almost as if a negotiation involved different parties, each with different preferred outcomes ...

Rather we take out time and land an ambitious candidate, rather that just offer it to McCann or Hartley!

shocking stuff eh!?

The same folk would be pissing n moaning if we appointed an easy option within days. Utter trumpets.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

That’s just typical Hearts though. 
Everything takes an absolute age to get done. Transfers are the same. Negotiations seem to go on for ever!! 

It does,  but we are probably only interested in Hearts so don't pay attention to other teams negotiations. 

Maybe a conspiracy with JKB longer threads more advertising and clicks  :lol:

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Why? Big club, great stadium. great training facilities, beautiful city, passionate fans, a real challenge, chance to get into Europe. What's not to love?

occasionally

7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Why? Big club, great stadium. great training facilities, beautiful city, passionate fans, a real challenge, chance to get into Europe. What's not to love?

The SFPL is a joke league with no appeal to anyone outside Scotland ? paying peanuts compared to other leagues ?

We all love the club, that doesnt mean others with ambition do

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The SFPL is a joke league with no appeal to anyone outside Scotland ? paying peanuts compared to other leagues ?

Compared to our neighbours down south it’s a joke league. I don’t think it’s too bad overall.

12 minutes ago, Haken said:

Is he here yet?  Is he here yet?  Is he nearly here yet?

Stop that right now or I will turn around and go home!:lol:

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Do we have any idea on his assistants?

Stumbling block was that he was asked to keep the current staff in place.

11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I wonder if Lazio, Feyenoord and Porto currently consider it to be a ‘joke league’ ? Big European names who have all lost to Scottish teams this season.

Adam_the_legend
12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

That’s the spirit...🙄

45 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Not strictly true. 

For example Derek at Aberdeen has turned down a few I believe.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Compared to our neighbours down south it’s a joke league. I don’t think it’s too bad overall.

Considering theres no or hardly any tv money, and the cups and runs pay peanuts !     It's no wonder were not really appealing to outsiders" but theres a lot of dross down in england too,, and were pretty well supported as a club that's doing pretty awful at the present time,,onwards and upwards..........

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Brendan Rodgers and Steven Gerrard thought it was worthwhile option.

Paulo Sergio, Angelo Alessio,  are decent managers with track records in more illustrious leagues. Owen Coyle at the time was highly sought after. 

Its right people like say Alex Neill are staying in England. 

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Considering theres no or hardly any tv money, and the cups and runs pay peanuts !     It's no wonder were not really appealing to outsiders" but theres a lot of dross down in england too,, and were pretty well supported as a club that's doing pretty awful at the present time,,onwards and upwards..........

👏👏

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, brux said:

ITK or guessing? I actually posted when CL was “sacked” that this would likely be an issue and whether we could get the best manager possible or the best manager prepared to work with the bootroom. Mental if even close to accurate. 

3 minutes ago, brux said:

Not what the guy in greggs told me when i was in !

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

ITK or guessing? I actually posted when CL was “sacked” that this would likely be an issue and whether we could get the best manager possible or the best manager prepared to work with the bootroom. Mental if even close to accurate. 

Guessing

Twitter rumour - entirely baseless and tweeted by a complete radge.

21 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

That article holds no substance whatsoever. It is literally an educated guess based on the fact today is Wednesday and there is no official confirmation of a new manager in place. 

Come on....... !

You cant be using the word educated in a sentence used to describe The Daily Record !!

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, brux said:

better not be true.. 

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Guessing

Radges talking rubbish on twitter? Shocked!

Edited by GinRummy

13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Yet Brendan Rodgers, Steven Gerrard, Gordon Strachan, Martin O Neill, Alex McLeish, Kenny Dalgleish, Advocaat, George Burley,  all enhanced their reputations up here. Even Jim Jefferies, Craig Levein and Robbie Neilson got decent jobs in England having managed here. Certainly not the last place you'd want to manage. That would be Dundee.. 

maltese jambo
23 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

occasionally

this is proof that the life has truly been sucked out of the fans by the previous (and to a certain extent current) regime. Passion is there its just been suppressed by garbage for so long.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Shit day for pictures.

I disagree, perfect day ... what were you going to see?  I hear Joker is half decent.

Italian Lambretta
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

better not be true.. 

Wouldnt be any surprise.

Ann Budge runs our club like the Salvation Army she won't throw anyone out on the street.

Before we know it we will have more backroom staff than anything else. 3 people for every job

6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I disagree, perfect day ... what were you going to see?  I hear Joker is half decent.

"New manager promises to lift the gloom over Tynecastle" 

Adam_the_legend
8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Guessing

Considering how things went with Cathro’s firing and CL’s hiring and removal it genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if AB pushed to keep the bootroom in place. 

The folk saying no to Stendel because he’d jump at a better job if he does well would refuse to shag a supermodel for a while because in case she runs off with a rockstar!!!

Negativity at its very worst, enjoy the ride while it lasts! If he does a good enough job to be in demand then it’s all good!

46 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I do go to games and I can't remember the last time I felt as bored and fed-up going as I do just now. But for me, even when games were shit before, if we won, that's all I remembered. Then again, maybe I'm just misremembering because it's been so long since that happened as well. Maybe I'm just always unhappy :sad3:

Aye the Hibs way pish in particular does my head in. I think when I say performance doesn't matter as much I guess I'm meaning finesse if that makes sense. If I go to a game, the standard isn't great but we get fired in, effort is there and we win, I still go home happy. Obviously in an ideal world we'd play cracking football but I'm a realist!

I was at the Killie home game last month and, when I left at the end I realised I hadn't got out of my seat for the whole game. Just nothing to get excited about. If I was a Sheff Utd fan on Sunday I'd have been pissed off to not win the game but delighted with the performance/excitement.

As a West Ham fan as well I can well remember teams playing "The West Ham Way". Used to involve beating Man Utd on Saturday and losing to Blackpool on the Wednesday.  Now it's just lose, lose, lose zero effort, pick up pay packet, sack manager, win a few then start losing again.

I just want to start loving football again. Poor me.

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Considering how things went with Cathro’s firing and CL’s hiring and removal it genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if AB pushed to keep the bootroom in place. 

she has admitted that hasn’t worked - structure will change - already for example SD not DOF.

4 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

The folk saying no to Stendel because he’d jump at a better job if he does well would refuse to shag a supermodel for a while because in case she runs off with a rockstar!!!

Negativity at its very worst, enjoy the ride while it lasts! If he does a good enough job to be in demand then it’s all good!

Haha - spot on

Wanting a lifer means either an average Jambo manager with no ambition or an old school manager around 65 with one last 5 year job in him.

Look - I want stability but it is difficult at a club of our size/resources.

Edited by Jammy T

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

I have the fear that Daly and Fox will be hanging around.  

I think MacPhee, Rankin and Kirk will all remain. Rest will be gone, including keeper coach

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

I have the fear that Daly and Fox will be hanging around.  

Levein and Budge were quick enough to get rid off Gary Locke and any other staff when they took over the club.

Not so quick now for some reason?

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

"New manager promises to lift the gloom over Tynecastle" 

Hmmmm we thought about going to see that but it's 6 weeks long :(

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

If we all remember Burley's Hearts basically did **** all most second halves. We were usually 3 or 4 up By then but the point remains. If we win the game in the first half then all to the good. Would prefer 90 minutes of pounding but a win is a win.

:oohmatron:

Glad to hear they will be gone.

A fresh start is what is needed and the whole club and fanbase need to get behind the team.

The new man will work out who the dross is and who can be kept. 

I just hope that the fans can rally behind the team and get back to what we used to be like. Intimadating visiting players, managers and the matchday refs instead of harrasing our own players.

kingantti1874
Just now, Armageddon said:

Anybody expecting a "Levein has left the building" statement at the same time?

hopefully a levein, Daly, Fox. Murray  have left the building.. Austin I suspect will be SD

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Anybody expecting a "Levein has left the building" statement at the same time?

:lol:

• davemclaren locked this topic