Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

He will need time but you can be sure he won't be given the same amount of leeway as the clown that got us in this mess.

Shouldn’t you be across the way slagging off jkb and its posters 😉

On the leeway thing , that would maybe depend on who is in charge. AB seems quite happy to give them that chance and let them try to turn it around. Cathro got too much time , Levein got too much time. At least the squad Levein has left us with has potential , how it would work if Stendel does come in is a different question though. His style appears to be very different to what anyone plays up here. All good against at Rangers or Celtic not so much against Hamilton at home.

None of us know how that will go or how Stendel would perform up here but at least if he comes in those who have any passion for Hearts will unite behind him and the club again for a week or two

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Just now, Bozi said:

Got talking to some guys from the Bathgate bus before the semi final and we were talking over who we wanted.

At that stage I wanted Stendel, he wants to play the game the way we like,high intensity,high pressing,inject some excitement into the fans. Playing this way will get Tynecastle rocking and,hopefully  a bear pit again.

I had kind of given up hope a week ago that we would get him but am getting really excited that the best candidate is getting the job.

Would be an excellent birthday present if its announced today 

happy birthday. 🍰

9 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Got talking to some guys from the Bathgate bus before the semi final and we were talking over who we wanted.

At that stage I wanted Stendel, he wants to play the game the way we like,high intensity,high pressing,inject some excitement into the fans. Playing this way will get Tynecastle rocking and,hopefully  a bear pit again.

I had kind of given up hope a week ago that we would get him but am getting really excited that the best candidate is getting the job.

Would be an excellent birthday present if its announced today 

Happy Birthday Bozi

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

The good thing is it only takes a couple of wins on the bounce to move right up the league - look at Hibs. 

So long as we steer clear of relegation and hopefully get another wee cup run then most should be satisfied. Then he can have his pre season where he can really be judged from there on in. 

And the funny thing about hibs is they'll all be feeling all fuzzy and groovy right now but by all accounts they were second best against both Motherwell and St Mirren.

Games change on weird things. St M battering them, they get a deflected goal from their first attack. We had a chance before Killie scored, that goes in, its all different.

A bit of Hibs' recent luck would be nice. More likely to get "luck" if you're positive though, if you know what i mean.

41 minutes ago, Locky said:

This better be ****ing true. I'm sat on a bus to work, I will gladly take the day off and go to the pub if it's true.

Stay on the bus, Gus

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Are Lotus Flowers and Water Lilys not the same thing?

Come on! Can someone clear this issue up please? We need to know.

Daza?!?!

I'm not convinced it is a done deal as yet i.e. signed, sealed and due to be delivered.

However, it appears that we are close and perhaps the finer details of the deal are being ironed out including the hiring of DS's own back-room staff and the departure of those failed coaches already at the club.

If/when this is complete I think we'll have an announcement. 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I'm not convinced it is a done deal as yet i.e. signed, sealed and due to be delivered.

However, it appears that we are close and perhaps the finer details of the deal are being ironed out including the hiring of DS's own back-room staff and the departure of those failed coaches already at the club.

If/when this is complete I think we'll have an announcement. 

I don't think we will it'll all happen behind the scenes like the Jim Duffy days

Edited by rudi must stay

27 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He will need to get off to a good start, there’s no doubt about it.  I’m not talking Ibrox Sunday but in general considering where we find ourselves in the table.  Bottom six, comfortably will be okay personally if we see there’s a structure change and something trying to be developed going into next season and not just diagonals to Uche and pretending we’ve changed the way we play.   We have a battle to stay off the bottom at the moment though so winning games of football to begin with is badly required. 

Even if he is hired this week, I would think it’s unlikely he would take charge of the Rangers game anyway.

Like most, I’d never heard of this guy until he was linked with us. 
Therefore, I have no opinion on what he can or can’t do. 

If he gets the job, I’ll be 100% behind him -but there will be a massive clear out of players to match his perceived ‘style’. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jambocub said:

There's a lot of improvement  needed to get top 6

If we're to get there we need to get  pretty much close to 15 points in December  in my opinion 

Yip, December will pretty much make or break the season.

We could rocket up the league or be seriously detached. 

The latter is looking more likely atm but in football things can change very quickly.

20 minutes ago, sadj said:

Shouldn’t you be across the way slagging off jkb and its posters 😉

On the leeway thing , that would maybe depend on who is in charge. AB seems quite happy to give them that chance and let them try to turn it around. Cathro got too much time , Levein got too much time. At least the squad Levein has left us with has potential , how it would work if Stendel does come in is a different question though. His style appears to be very different to what anyone plays up here. All good against at Rangers or Celtic not so much against Hamilton at home.

None of us know how that will go or how Stendel would perform up here but at least if he comes in those who have any passion for Hearts will unite behind him and the club again for a week or two

Levein has left us with an absolutely pish squad.

59 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If I'm being honest I don't have nearly enough information. 

Alex Neil commented that Barnsley were very good in the first half hour of most of their matches , reading the match reports seems true,  but they then became a soft touch. 

The one year and out twice with a gap year is probably a bigger issue. 

If we all remember Burley's Hearts basically did **** all most second halves. We were usually 3 or 4 up By then but the point remains. If we win the game in the first half then all to the good. Would prefer 90 minutes of pounding but a win is a win.

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

He hasn’t.

We’ll see this over the next 7 months.

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

The squad is NOT pish.  It's unmotivated and lacking in confidence.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

If I'm being honest I don't have nearly enough information. 

Alex Neil commented that Barnsley were very good in the first half hour of most of their matches , reading the match reports seems true,  but they then became a soft touch. 

The one year and out twice with a gap year is probably a bigger issue. 

👍 let’s see what happens 

Instead of scarf above head, can we have a vid of him pissing a hole in a picture of Kris Commons.

"This creepy little prick can away and, how you say, choke himself" stated Stendel, who promised to take "no shit" from the "brain dead, how you say, license-fee stealing gomerals who masquerade as pundits in zis beautiful country."

The new Jambos boss ended the press conference by feeding Alan Preston's Wee Hearts Supporters Club membership through a shredder. A document believed to have been made by Stendel himself on MS Art"

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

I look at that squad and I’m really, really amazed at how bad they are.

Just can’t fathom, how in a league full of utter shite, we can be so poor so often.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

the bulk of these players had us sitting top of the league a year ago.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I look at that squad and I’m really, really amazed at how bad they are.

Just can’t fathom, how in a league full of utter shite, we can be so poor so often.

But i disagree its a poor squad. It really isnt.

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

Really? I know Perreria hasn’t covered himself in glory but i think its more a lot of players seem like they have no idea what they are supposed to be doing. A bit of direction and they should be able to hit some of that potential. There is def some dead wood there that needs cut and a natural goalscorer outside of Naismith would be nice but there is at least balance in it.

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

We you say “we’ve”, you mean you and him 😂

Well, aye.

And Mothy too

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

the bulk of these players had us sitting top of the league a year ago.

Exactly. The 'pish squad' thing doesn't make any sense. We've seen what they can do. When fit, obviously.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Instead of scarf above head, can we have a vid of him pissing a hole in a picture of Kris Commons.

"This creepy little prick can away and, how you say, choke himself" stated Stendel, who promised to take "no shit" from the "brain dead, how you say, license-fee stealing gomerals who masquerade as pundits in zis beautiful country."

The new Jambos boss ended the press conference by feeding Alan Preston's Wee Hearts Supporters Club membership through a shredder. A document believed to have been made by Stendel himself on MS Art"

:rofl:

Just now, TheBigO said:

But i disagree its a poor squad. It really isnt.

Looks like a squad that should finish fourth at a canter. Some quality players. I don’t think it’s poor but it’s certainly been poor. No doubt injuries have played a part but even accounting for that they’ve really struggled.

16 minutes ago, sadj said:

Are Lotus Flowers and Water Lilys not the same thing?

No, one is a plant and one is the flower of a plant. 

Was randomly speaking to Paul Dickov last night and his opinion was that Stendel is pretty well regarded down south and that it'd be a bit of a coup getting him to Hearts.

He also said that he  (Dickov) was very close to getting the Hearts job about 6 years ago so i'm thinking it must have been after McGlynn was sacked?

21 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Is he talking soap?

Is he talking Soap? Will Stendel finally sign today? Will the battle of the ITKrs finally be resolved? These questions, and many others, will be answered on the next episode of...

B7B1AA05-F4FE-43D5-B5EB-FD3F8C561472.jpeg

Edited by Mr Sifter

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its a talented squad, just not one built for doing a lot of running

Haha

Is that not a big part of football

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Really? I know Perreria hasn’t covered himself in glory but i think its more a lot of players seem like they have no idea what they are supposed to be doing. A bit of direction and they should be able to hit some of that potential. There is def some dead wood there that needs cut and a natural goalscorer outside of Naismith would be nice but there is at least balance in it.

I don't see an awful lot of balance to it tbh, centre backs are awful, keeper is crap, midfield is slow and can't pick a forward pass, strikers outside of Naismith are terrible. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

This. A bit of organisation, will go a long way. Focus has been conspicuous by its absence all season

The Future's Maroon
18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Come on! Can someone clear this issue up please? We need to know.

Daza?!?!

The Daz doorstep challenge?!

Just now, Locky said:

Is it just me who thinks Sean Clare would flourish under Stendel? Aye, thought so.

No i can see him working in a pressing style. Tbf MacLean could work in a pressing style. 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

No i can see him working in a pressing style. Tbf MacLean could work in a pressing style. 

MacLean works when the players don't run about all over the place and he can play in others 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Haha

Is that not a big part of football

Absolutely, you can compensate with skill, strength and tactical awareness, see Naismith, I don't think we have a particularly mobile team. A skilled one but not giving the Duracell bunny any future headaches

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

MacLean works when the players don't run about all over the place and he can play in others 

MacLean is like anyone else, Naismith makes them look good

3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I don't see an awful lot of balance to it tbh, centre backs are awful, keeper is crap, midfield is slow and can't pick a forward pass, strikers outside of Naismith are terrible. 

have to agree to disagree mate. I don’t think its as bad as that. The desire is missing and the organisation is missing but there is far more potential in the squad than what we have seen from them in any game this season and I include the win over St Mirren in that. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its a talented squad, just not one built for doing a lot of running

Smith, Whelan, Mulraney, Clare, Uche, Naismith, Bozanic, Washington will all run and run.

Others can do so too. I think they've been within themselves. Amazing what confidence and direction can do to put a spring in your step. We have plentry athleticism in tge squad. Even Souttar and Halkett when back are athletes. Fringe guys like Brandon and Morrison are too and could be effective in a pressing formation or style.

Our clunkiness hasn't been down to physical attributes

As much as I want Stendel as manager it worries me that he seems to not want to be here and would rather stay in England, if reports are to be believed. 

If that's true, if he does come up here and is successful it is a certainty he will head south at the first good offer that comes in. Which could leave us back to square one just as we are starting to get back to where we should be.

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He can also run all day and close down. Uche can aswell but he’s burst by 60mins be interesting to see if the new man brings in a different fitness team / sports scientist

Contrary to my post yesterday, unless he has literally just signed then it is not signed, sealed and delivered as Daza claims. Certainly not the last I'd heard.

• davemclaren locked this topic