Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

If it is true that his contract with Barnsley is now done then hopefully that is a result of positive discussions with Hearts. Would be good to get him announced in the next few days!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

People defending the length of time making this appointment miss a vital point. Budge herself said they were giving Levein the first 11 games. He won one. Therefore, you would think discussions about possible successors would have taken place BEFORE the axe fell. Apparently not!

I would think they will have had discussions prior to punting him. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

People defending the length of time making this appointment miss a vital point. Budge herself said they were giving Levein the first 11 games. He won one. Therefore, you would think discussions about possible successors would have taken place BEFORE the axe fell. Apparently not!

Exactly. 
potential targets should have been identified, maybe even sounded out on the qt in the event of game 11 being his last. Those responsible have been sitting on their hands for the past three seasons.

The need for a good sporting director who will make these decisions would be more productive.

3 minutes ago, JamboMarc said:

If it is true that his contract with Barnsley is now done then hopefully that is a result of positive discussions with Hearts. Would be good to get him announced in the next few days!

We should know soon. 

Or move on to someone else, again soon. 

Just now, sac said:

Exactly. 
potential targets should have been identified, maybe even sounded out on the qt in the event of game 11 being his last. Those responsible have been sitting on their hands for the past three seasons.

The need for a good sporting director who will make these decisions would be more productive.

Fair point

Who gets sacked and becomes available surprisingly can change things.

Which is Stendel. 

38 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You'd have just sat there going "everything is fine, we're not in any danger" before receiving a german bayonet to the arse

:rofl: 

13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Well, I can blame them a bit when it's clear that the club are doing something about it. We've sacked the manager responsible for the past couple of years, and are redesigning the coaching structure.

Folk should be feeling optimistic about the future, instead of squealing about the price of their ST and complaining that they have to pay in to watch us win cup matches.  

We've no really sacked him like any other club does though have we ..

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why should they feel optimistic precisely? We have an overpaid squad full of shit and no signs of it being revamped.

Pretty sure the revamp will start in January when the transfer window opens and then to a bigger degree in the summer. It's going to take time to sort out. Small steps.

Just now, jambocub said:

Barnsley didn’t sack Stendel either. Hibs haven’t sacked Heckingbottom. 

1 minute ago, Paul Shark said:

Pretty sure the revamp will start in January when the transfer window opens and then to a bigger degree in the summer. It's going to take time to sort out. Small steps.

It certainly can’t really start before then. Money will be the issue though. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I would think they will have had discussions prior to punting him. 

Oh I'm sure they had to discuss removing him. Pity they didn't plan for what would come next rather than crossing their fingers that the end of the "injuries" would solve the problem.

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Please let the headline be - “Adamant Ann hopes Stendel delivers...”

Possibly the greatest headline on earth.  Bravo Sir, Bravo.

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Is he still the manager?

No.

Is he still the DoF?

No.

Are we looking for a new manager?

Yes.

Are we looking for a new Sporting Director?

Yes.

This stuff is not rocket science folks, unless you're really trying very hard to misunderstand what's happening just now.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Barnsley didn’t sack Stendel either. Hibs haven’t sacked Heckingbottom. 

Are stendel and heckingbottom still involved in club duties? 

33 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

We've got 75 points left to play for. Calm down. 

Where did we finish in the league in 2012, and does anyone honestly care?

Who do you think we'll beat?

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Are stendel and heckingbottom still involved in club duties? 

They're in a cupboard if needed. 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Who do you think we'll beat?

I think we'll beat Airdrie for a start.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Oh I'm sure they had to discuss removing him. Pity they didn't plan for what would come next rather than crossing their fingers that the end of the "injuries" would solve the problem.

Not sure at what point but I still think discussions would have been had around potential successors. 

re his dismissal Ann said, on the day of his dismissal, she had ( stubbornly ) decided to allow him to have the full 11 games to turn things around. Sounded like there may have been dissent in the board on that. 

55 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Too old to keep up with all the new buzz words, but I always assumed snowflake was someone who was easily offended and quickly moved on to the next offending comment. ( as snow melts quickly off a dyke ( no not a lesbian ) )

It is what I’ve always thought too, just the age we live in unfortunately, everyone so desperate to be offended by something so they can bash away at their keyboards condemning everything. Snow is racist cos it’s white ff geez peace 🤦‍♂️

Hope the new manager doesn’t melt under the pressure 

alwaysthereinspirit

Damn, woke up this morning to three additional pages on this thread. Thought maybe a deal had been completed. Silly me.

1 minute ago, Jambojay84 said:

It is what I’ve always thought too, just the age we live in unfortunately, everyone so desperate to be offended by something so they can bash away at their keyboards condemning everything. Snow is racist cos it’s white ff geez peace 🤦‍♂️

Hope the new manager doesn’t melt under the pressure 

Snowflake is typically used by right-wing racist gammons and normally when someone calls them out on their bullshit. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m suggesting our board get their ****ing finger out and get a new man on board,

I want Stendel, however if he’s unsure or not interested move on to the next target.. assuming we have one..

We need you on the Hearts board of directors.

You make it all sound so easy.

Try exercising a bit of patience.

There is a lot of factors for DS to consider other than just money there is his family to take into account.

I'm confident Mrs Budge will show Hearts and Edinburgh to him in the best possible light.

He would be mad to refuse on grounds other than money a great club in a great stadium in a great city.

What's not to like ?

25 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It have something to do with being, I don’t know, joint bottom of the league? 

Ever heard of a new manager improving a team

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

You'd have just sat there going "everything is fine, we're not in any danger" before receiving a german bayonet to the arse

:rofl: 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Don't knock it! ;)

40 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

To be fair - and this is completely the club's fault as well - I imagine it's difficult to have discussions about replacing your manager when the manager is also Director of Football and sits on the board. 

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We need you on the Hearts board of directors.

You make it all sound so easy.

Try exercising a bit of patience.

There is a lot of factors for DS to consider other than just money there is his family to take into account.

I'm confident Mrs Budge will show Hearts and Edinburgh to him in the best possible light.

He would be mad to refuse on grounds other than money a great club in a great stadium in a great city.

What's not to like ?

Send them to the German market on Princess Street - job done!?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The timing of the contract cancellation is key here. Would not have been consented to by Stendel unless he had agreed a role elsewhere (or was paid in full).

End game time.

If Daniel agrees, it’ll obviously happen either later this week or early next week. 

I think the club club will be expecting an answer within that time frame. 

Not long to wait hopefully. 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, Haken said:

Yes I would, because I did.  Why is before 8am relevant?  Is the time of a comment indicative of an individual's level of interest?

Thanks for taking an interest, though.

Yes. If you aren’t interested in something, you wouldn’t be posting about it first thing in the morning. Just attention seeking, isn’t it?

1 minute ago, AGoodLaugh said:

To be fair - and this is completely the club's fault as well - I imagine it's difficult to have discussions about replacing your manager when the manager is also Director of Football and sits on the board. 

The Hibs, Aberdeen and to an extent the St Mirren games probably stalled the discussions. Then there appears to have been a few wee porky pies about injuries, before they'd finally had enough.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

McCall only got an interview because Ann saught advice from Walter Smith and thats what he came up with. Waste of time.

Look I'm not one to criticise usually. A look at my history on here will confirm that.

I like Ann, too. Always indebted and shes a good person who saved and has strengthened our club beyond expectations. Huge place in my heart for her.

This manager search is ridiculous though. Overcomplicated and scattered. Believe me on that. It doesn't mean we dont end up with the right guy, it just means we're over ponderous and lack a cut to the chase acumen which you need in these situations.

Draw up a list of criterion: budget, wage, playing style, targets

Draw up a list of desired candidates. Contact them with the criterion. Are you up for it? Yep, come see us. No, thanks anyway.

It takes a week. Even including applications.

Would rather she gets it right , if that takes time then so be it. There has been many applications we have no idea what the criteria is for this position. We don’t know if any of these are suitable. Let’s just trust the people in the mix on this one. 

Looking like stendel is the one let’s just see what happens 👍

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If Daniel agrees, it’ll obviously happen either later this week or early next week. 

I think the club club will be expecting an answer within that time frame. 

Not long to wait hopefully. 🤞🏻

Ohhhhh check you first name terms already !!

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

The Hibs, Aberdeen and to an extent the St Mirren games probably stalled the discussions. Then there appears to have been a few wee porky pies about injuries, before they'd finally had enough.

Mrs Budge going on holiday straight after sacking craig levein wasn't one of her better ideas either 

4 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Not really. How do you think board members get removed and replaced everywhere else?

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes. If you aren’t interested in something, you wouldn’t be posting about it first thing in the morning. Just attention seeking, isn’t it?

😂

8am is not first thing in the morning - not for me, anyway.

I'm interested in the appointment, bored by the process.

I am an ardent attention seeker.  I'm really quite needy.  You quoting my posts is providing me with the fuel I require to get me through the day.

:cornette_dog:

Edited by Haken

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Ohhhhh check you first name terms already !!

He's arranged to go for a pint with him already. Likes a pint does OUR (here's hoping)  Daniel.☺

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sam? said:

announced tomorrow ... Stendel and team

Never known you to be wrong. 

Here's hoping its the start of something good 

30 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Is he still the manager?

No.

Is he still the DoF?

No.

Are we looking for a new manager?

Yes.

Are we looking for a new Sporting Director?

Yes.

This stuff is not rocket science folks, unless you're really trying very hard to misunderstand what's happening just now.

Does he still work for Hearts?

Yes.

So, he's not been sacked, he's been reassigned to another position, but still very much employed until his contract naturally expires

17 minutes ago, Prof said:

Ever heard of a new manager improving a team

Yes, that’s why people are impatient, obviously. 

With his Barnsley contract being cancelled the only logical conclusion to be drawn is that he has agreed another one elsewhere. Let's hope that is with us.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Exactly.

A recipe for disaster.

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yes, that’s why people are impatient, obviously. 

Indeed. I think we are all impatient for improvement. 

12 minutes ago, sam? said:

announced tomorrow ... Stendel and team

Not going to bother asking source, 

What's your confidence levels? Percentage is the new sauce 

• davemclaren locked this topic