Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Firstly there’s virtually no chance we will win SC, secondly I have to pay to get into those fixtures.

its completely unacceptable to willingly sacrifice the season, this time next week there’s a good chance that we will be bottom of the league in December..

it’s an absolute farce and COMPLETE FAILURE from Ann Budge and the board.

Yeah

No chance we can win the Scottish Cup.

Apart from when we have won it. 8 times. 

Loser mentality surely. You think training a few days more will someone help. Instead of winning a game. 

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 hour ago, Markymark said:

Why bother interviewing Ross though? Clearly no intention of actually recruiting the guy. 

I don’t believe Hibs made it public that they were interested in anyone else yet we’ve interviewed guys like McCann and McCall. Seriously, Ann needs her ****ing head read if she think these guys are going to take us forward. The place still reeks of Levein. 

They made their interest in John Kennedy public enough for Neil Lennon to get him told he had a big future at Celtic.

Celtic rate him very highly Hibs had no chance.

If we had appointed Jack Ross people (including me) would have been unhappy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stendel was supported in the market, and he knew what the policy was when he took the Barnsley role, hence why Barnsleys ta ta statement was terse.

He signed a couple of very decent players from Leeds and a decent young German striker. The best players spoken about included Liam Lindsay, Adam Jackson and Ryan Hedges, 2 who are hardly tearing up the SPL and another who was no more than ok in the SPL and is nowhere near the worst Scotland defence in years.

I really don't want to be the party pooper, but perhaps better to know both sides of the tale

kingantti1874
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

No chance we can win the Scottish Cup.

Apart from when we have won it. 8 times. 

Loser. 

😂 **** off.. we just got absolutely leathered by killie and will likely be bottom of the league.

I’m the one unhappy about our boards failure to make us competitive this season, presumably your not bothered?..

so who’s the loser..

16 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

The reality is nobody knows if whoever we appoint will be a good or a bad appointment until they’ve had a fair number of games under their belt. 

No Dario your wrong there are people on here that know who are good and bad appointments .....lol

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

“Hibs identified their number one target and went and got him”...............after he’d 100% made sure Hearts weren’t interested in getting him, having applied for the job and showed up to be interviewed by us. Now if we hung around waiting on Stendel deciding if it was Hibs or us, am not sure people would be jumping for joy. “Am having to read papers because we aren’t being told anything from the club”..........the club literally told us a month ago what the process was and said it could take up to 6 weeks. Two weeks ago they even told you that phase 1 of their process has been completed 🤷🏼‍♂️. Fair enough if you don’t think it should take 6 weeks but don’t make up that we aren’t being told what’s happening, we’ve never known so much about how Hearts run. I actually think we have been far too open about our dealings and it has led to us often being mocked for being so open with the fans, this being another great example. “Budge hasn’t a clue what she’s doing, has no clue about football”...........so we want someone who (Many in here think) hasn’t a clue about football to rush an appointment she or the club (Levein) has gotten wrong in its past two attempts 🤷🏼‍♂️🙈. The same people are upset that no one has meet her criteria for her vision of the club but still want an appointment made 3 weeks ago? Strange. If MacPhee had won on Saturday the Budge poll that done the rounds would’ve been the “should MacPhee get the job” poll. As is the way online, everything is reactionary. 

The only thing, in my opinion the club have done wrong in this whole process is the silly CV gathering exercise, that phases could’ve been missed. I think having done that phase she was right to interview the stand out candidates. It’s clear that no one that was interviewed in phase 1 was of the standard she wanted, which is pretty much agreed upon on here, no one wants McCann, McCall, Ross or Cotterill. Phase 2 was about going after people that interested her and she has found the guy that is almost universally wanted by the fans. The man that is currently still tied into a contract, a man highly regarded and probably offered jobs and roles weekly, a man that doesn’t live currently in Scotland so would require moving his family up here etc etc. If the club get their man then the wait is worth it.

People need to calm down. 

Good post. 👏👏

Dr Ian Malcolm
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Stendel was supported in the market, and he knew what the policy was when he took the Barnsley role, hence why Barnsleys ta ta statement was terse.

He signed a couple of very decent players from Leeds and a decent young German striker. The best players spoken about included Liam Lindsay, Adam Jackson and Ryan Hedges, 2 who are hardly tearing up the SPL and another who was no more than ok in the SPL and is nowhere near the worst Scotland defence in years.

I really don't want to be the party pooper, but perhaps better to know both sides of the tale

Adam Jackson played seven times last season and was allowed to leave on a free.

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 **** off.. we just got absolutely leathered by killie and will likely be bottom of the league.

I’m the one unhappy about our boards failure to make us competitive this season, presumably your not bothered?..

so who’s the loser..

You would have made a better case for us not bothering about the Cup in 98 when we were challenging for the league.

Instead of beating Airdrie what do you suggest the players do? 

• Moderators

Can we try and keep this on topic re Stendel. 

Please also note that any potentially defamatory comments will lead to warning points and a possible suspension. 

17 minutes ago, Prof said:

Unbelievable that before a new manager is appointed that some on here say we have no chance in the SCup.

It have something to do with being, I don’t know, joint bottom of the league? 

21 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Nice one. Well, nice one five actually.

Only cost £400 . Got it in the 15 plate year . Was in bed with flu thinking all sorts of hearts shit when the idea came to me . My nephew is in the car trade and he checked if it was available . I didn’t realise how good it was till my young daughter said it to me . They read numbers as words so it reads

WE ONE FIVE WON

9 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

He is also absolutely shite.  How losing that huddy could be any excuse at losing best players at English champ level is mad.

Shanks said no
34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They do but I assume that the tv income in the Championship is much better than the SPL. 

Dave, supposed to be working, so quick reply and link. Matchday revenue accounts for 21% of revenue for Championship clubs according to this site

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/financialfootballnews.com/championship-2018-finances-revenue/amp/

apologies for going off off topic but trying to get a flavour of Barnsley finances

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Dave, supposed to be working, so quick reply and link. Matchday revenue accounts for 21% of revenue for Championship clubs according to this site

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/financialfootballnews.com/championship-2018-finances-revenue/amp/

apologies for going off off topic but trying to get a flavour of Barnsley finances

Thanks for the link. I’ll take a look later. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Please let the headline be - “Adamant Ann hopes Stendel delivers...”

Not bad.

Not bad at all.

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I’ve generally found that anyone who uses the term ‘snowflake’ is somewhat of a racist. Was it you that was in the footage of some troglodyte abusing Morelos?

So did that guy get found guilty then?

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You would have made a better case for us not bothering about the Cup in 98 when we were challenging for the league.

Instead of beating Airdrie what do you suggest the players do? 

I’m suggesting our board get their ****ing finger out and get a new man on board,

I want Stendel, however if he’s unsure or not interested move on to the next target.. assuming we have one..

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

TBF  Hearts have made no public statements about candidates so any look of desperation is because of newspaper and online speculation.

Fans hysteria causing problems not a Hearts being all over the place.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m suggesting our board get their ****ing finger out and get a new man on board,

I want Stendel, however if he’s unsure or not interested move on to the next target.. assuming we have one..

You don’t have a clue what is and what isn’t happening.

You can’t just rub a genie lamp and get a ****ing manager in place.

1 hour ago, Skacelsid said:

Just as important as the new appointment for me is that, if I am correct, the club is planning to restructure the football department at the same time. Any incoming head coach will bring some of his own people and will want to (have to) use the next transfer window. Wages must be freed off. Although the effect of that takes time, due to contracts being fulfilled. Being overloaded with coaches will not help us on the playing field. Failure has put everybody's position at risk, players and backroom. The bootroom should have been scrapped along with Cathro's sacking. It looks like we are at last moving away from that failed model. Everyone needs to step up now  to have a future at our club, there will be casualties and there needs to be. We as fans now must play our part and get behind whoever comes in, even if that does not meet our expectations, everybody deserves a fair chance. A lot of damage needs to be undone and repairs will not be easy. But we pulled together during admin and we can do again.

Excellent post. I think we tried something that was very much worthwhile trying and have hopefully learned from mistakes. One person having so much influence has cost us and the checks and balances weren’t right. New manager can’t start off hamstrung with coaches he doesn’t want or think can do their job. This is an opportunity to have a sort out

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

100%

Ten threads a day, foaming because we haven’t got a new manager yet despite AB saying it could take up to 4-6 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Hysteria because the team is joint bottom of the table, nothing else. 

Ex member of the SaS
41 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I’ve generally found that anyone who uses the term ‘snowflake’ is somewhat of a racist. Was it you that was in the footage of some troglodyte abusing Morelos?

Too old to keep up with all the new buzz words, but I always assumed snowflake was someone who was easily offended and quickly moved on to the next offending comment. ( as snow melts quickly off a dyke ( no not a lesbian ) )

1 hour ago, Skacelsid said:

Just as important as the new appointment for me is that, if I am correct, the club is planning to restructure the football department at the same time. Any incoming head coach will bring some of his own people and will want to (have to) use the next transfer window. Wages must be freed off. Although the effect of that takes time, due to contracts being fulfilled. Being overloaded with coaches will not help us on the playing field. Failure has put everybody's position at risk, players and backroom. The bootroom should have been scrapped along with Cathro's sacking. It looks like we are at last moving away from that failed model. Everyone needs to step up now  to have a future at our club, there will be casualties and there needs to be. We as fans now must play our part and get behind whoever comes in, even if that does not meet our expectations, everybody deserves a fair chance. A lot of damage needs to be undone and repairs will not be easy. But we pulled together during admin and we can do again.

Good post. Any guessing at who is being appointed/interviewed is speculation. We will know when AB decides and announces the new incumbents. This is our chance to get it right and restructure our football. No point in getting hot under the collar over pure speculation. Time to get behind whoever is appointed.

49 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

You don’t know that McCall will be a bad choice he may well be a great appointment 

McCall only got an interview because Ann saught advice from Walter Smith and thats what he came up with. Waste of time.

Look I'm not one to criticise usually. A look at my history on here will confirm that.

I like Ann, too. Always indebted and shes a good person who saved and has strengthened our club beyond expectations. Huge place in my heart for her.

This manager search is ridiculous though. Overcomplicated and scattered. Believe me on that. It doesn't mean we dont end up with the right guy, it just means we're over ponderous and lack a cut to the chase acumen which you need in these situations.

Draw up a list of criterion: budget, wage, playing style, targets

Draw up a list of desired candidates. Contact them with the criterion. Are you up for it? Yep, come see us. No, thanks anyway.

It takes a week. Even including applications.

11 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

If true then there is surely a lot more to the alleged physio shagging story

It’s posted somewhere on here but he was pretty much stalking her. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Exactly, his loss of players has been dramatised.

Unfortunately for him, he has stepped into a different league this year, against some very talented managers and teams, and even against some lesser teams and been found out.

He'll get my support as any Hearts manager would, just cant help thinking this is not the answer

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

25 games left, 4 points away from top 6

Its hardly panic stations

I'd hate to have been in the trenches with many of you lot

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You don’t have a clue what is and what isn’t happening.

You can’t just rub a genie lamp and get a ****ing manager in place.

Other clubs seem to manage it..6 weeks is nowhere near typical for in season managerial appointment, closer to 1/2 weeks seems to be the average for good reason in that players need certainty. It’s a ridiculous length of time.. reading Michael smiths quotes the players seem to be of the same view.

given the situation with levein the board should have been looking 6 weeks before they fired levein, in fact they should have been looking since the summer and have had candidates in mind who can implement what we want them to implement.. the  fact that none of the reported “candidates” have a similar profile leads me to believe we don’t know what we need or where we want to go. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

6 weeks is nowhere near typical for in season appointments.. closer to 1/2 weeks seems to be the average. It’s a ridiculous length of time

given the situation with levein the board should have been looking 6 weeks before they fired levein, in fact they should have been looking since the summer and have had candidates in mind who can implement what we want them to implement.. the  fact that none of the reported “candidates” have a similar profile leads me to believe we don’t know what we need or where we want to go.

You want a quick knee jerk appointment you get shite like McCall or McCann.

Is that what you want?

The Hogfather
6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Too old to keep up with all the new buzz words, but I always assumed snowflake was someone who was easily offended and quickly moved on to the next offending comment. ( as snow melts quickly off a dyke ( no not a lesbian ) )

That’s also my understanding of the word. However it’s almost exclusively used by people with bigoted views as a way of excusing those views. 

It’s the new “PC gone mad”. 

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Did people see the Daily Record saying Stendel is free to sign, no compensation due.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-stendel-could-take-hearts-20956960.amp

Yet the Sun are reporting a 6 figure sum in compensation - none of them really know.

This is my take on it - we are prepared to negotiate with Barnsley (may already have an agreement) We've  offered Stendal the ball is in his court now. My only hope is we've told him he's got 2 days max to come back to us, if he doesn't or says no we move quickly to our 2nd choice whoever that is.

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

25 games left, 4 points away from top 6

Its hardly panic stations

I'd hate to have been in the trenches with many of you lot

You'd have just sat there going "everything is fine, we're not in any danger" before receiving a german bayonet to the arse

Edited by Taffin

The Real Maroonblood
46 minutes ago, Prof said:

Unbelievable that before a new manager is appointed that some on here say we have no chance in the SCup.

Mental. 

The Future's Maroon
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Did people see the Daily Record saying Stendel is free to sign, no compensation due.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-stendel-could-take-hearts-20956960.amp

Yes it was posted last night, tbh I wouldn’t trust a word of it, more accurate info gets posted on here...which will annoy certain people 😁

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

You are now privy to Stendel’s family discussions? 

:gok: 

Thought it would make common sense that he spoke to his family about moving to Edinburgh....or maybe he will take the moonlight flit approach. 

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

actions speak louder than words, she has sacrificed the LEAGUE season by failing to act .. December - bottom of the league is disgraceful mis management..

the Scottish Cup is irrelevant in the context of my point that the LEAGUE season has been thrown down the toilet

We've got 75 points left to play for. Calm down. 

Where did we finish in the league in 2012, and does anyone honestly care?

5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

We've got 75 points left to play for. Calm down. 

Where did we finish in the league in 2012, and does anyone honestly care?

To put it in context, we've watched, almost exclusively, utter dog shit for going on 3 years. Witnessed 1 home league win in 9 months.  We are 2nd bottom. Can you blame a Hearts fan for lamenting another year of dog shit on the off chance we fluke another cup draw?

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Barry Anderson now saying his Barnsley contract has been cancelled. 

Has the Daily Hun got it right for once or is Baz just stealing their headline!!

IF true I think we might get an announcement today, one way or another.

29 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

And when we’re not anymore it’ll be something else. The pitch, the stand, the CCTV, the women’s team, the bigot bans, Sean Clare.

Its like Rev Lovejoy’s wife’s wet dream on here

Geoff Kilpatrick

People defending the length of time making this appointment miss a vital point. Budge herself said they were giving Levein the first 11 games. He won one. Therefore, you would think discussions about possible successors would have taken place BEFORE the axe fell. Apparently not!

People need to stop looking at the publication and start looking at the writer of the stories. That’s usually how you can tell if they have their ear to the ground. I suggest looking up previous articles from the daily record journalists and you’ll probably see they are well connected at Hearts

August Landmesser
Just now, bistokid said:

To put it in context, we've watched, almost exclusively, utter dog shit for going on 3 years. Witnessed 1 home league win in 9 months.  We are 2nd bottom. Can you blame a Hearts fan for lamenting another year of dog shit on the off chance we fluke another cup draw?

Well, I can blame them a bit when it's clear that the club are doing something about it. We've sacked the manager responsible for the past couple of years, and are redesigning the coaching structure.

Folk should be feeling optimistic about the future, instead of squealing about the price of their ST and complaining that they have to pay in to watch us win cup matches.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Well, I can blame them a bit when it's clear that the club are doing something about it. We've sacked the manager responsible for the past couple of years, and are redesigning the coaching structure.

Folk should be feeling optimistic about the future, instead of squealing about the price of their ST and complaining that they have to pay in to watch us win cup matches.  

Why should they feel optimistic precisely? We have an overpaid squad full of shit and no signs of it being revamped.

• davemclaren locked this topic