Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

10 hours ago, DH1986 said:

IIRC.....

it was around £150k a year.

I wonder how much now that could be used on the next manager? 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

well we know he’s German and Germans are fashionable, we know he likes to play on the front foot and hearts fans are desperate to see the exact opposite of what we’ve suffered under levein. We know the Barnsley players loved him, we sure as hell know the Barnsley fans loved him.. and he doesn’t have baggage which makes most of our fans not like him before he starts.

This is the same with me.

Imagine the likes of McCall getting the job.
Brown nosing Sevco at every opportunity..

6 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

what has she done wrong in interviewing ? they clearly haven't impressed as much but maybe did well and are on the radar if this falls through

No company always gets the person they want

Stendel is the choice if it doesn't work out we move on

And if we move onto McCann or McCall after all this time, it shows that they have put everything into getting stendel without looking at better alternatives than the two mentioned.  If it's one if them they better get results quick or it'll cost the club a lot of money.  

4 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

If it looks like we ate left with someone who looks like a levein appointment, it'll cost the club a lot of money this season.

There is a good chance that she panics and goes for a McCann type.  How many are going to accept that after the last time.  May be we are just skint and that is the reason for the delay  time will tell.  

There has already been some posters looking at the positives of McCall etc.

If we end up with a guy sacked by scunthorpe, it'll be costly.  

50/50, 60/40, whats the chances she'll panic and appoint a McCann type?

Edited by BobbyJenkins

The Treasurer
20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Firstly there’s virtually no chance we will win SC, secondly I have to pay to get into those fixtures.

its completely unacceptable to willingly sacrifice the season, this time next week there’s a good chance that we will be bottom of the league in December..

it’s an absolute farce and COMPLETE FAILURE from Ann Budge and the board.

Sorry if I've missed something but in what way are we "sacrificing the season" ?

No idea what having to pay to watch SC matches has to do with recruiting a manager.

As I say, I may have missed something in an earlier post that makes this baffling statement a bit clearer

its amazing  how many people know how much everyone is getting paid, who has been interviewed and by whom, if they impressed or not and how little effort we have made to get certain people in. 

Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

50/50, 60/40, whats the chances she'll panic and appoint a McCann type?

After the last time, I have no idea.  It is a probability. 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Sorry if I've missed something but in what way are we "sacrificing the season" ?

No idea what having to pay to watch SC matches has to do with recruiting a manager.

As I say, I may have missed something in an earlier post that makes this baffling statement a bit clearer

Hes a slavering toilet that's why! :). Everything is absolute!

9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Journalism at that level is dead. The Scotsman is finished. 

It was dead the day that they employed andrew neil.  A couple of months after he got the job at scotsman publication, the evening news had a frond page line about Derek leaving coronation street.  

It deserves to die.  You get better stuff on here. 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Putting the SC aside, where has AB said that she's willingly sacrificing the season? As far as I can tell, there are 25 games left, and 75 points still to win. Seems very defeatist of you to be giving up so soon. Are you sure you should be spending all that money on an ST you don't seem to want?

actions speak louder than words, she has sacrificed the LEAGUE season by failing to act .. December - bottom of the league is disgraceful mis management..

the Scottish Cup is irrelevant in the context of my point that the LEAGUE season has been thrown down the toilet

Edited by kingantti1874

feedtheroman2

For the record, I hope it's Stendel too. He does seem to be the most attractive name we've been linked with so far - Magath and Warnock too, but their respective ages wouldn't suggest a long term commitment to Hearts. More of a plaything. Perhaps I am wrong.

Do you think Stendel is already looking at the players we have and making an assumption as to whether or not he could implement his 'gegen-pressing' style of football quite quickly? Hopefully whoever it is we get in that they are ruthless and get rid of the dead weight and shite and are then given time to bring their own players in.

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Please let today be National Stendel day.

Please let the headline be - “Adamant Ann hopes Stendel delivers...”

Walter Bishop

I dont see an appointment being made this week. Nobody in their right mind would want Rangers at Ibrox as their first game.

Just now, feedtheroman2 said:

For the record, I hope it's Stendel too. He does seem to be the most attractive name we've been linked with so far - Magath and Warnock too, but their respective ages wouldn't suggest a long term commitment to Hearts. More of a plaything. Perhaps I am wrong.

Do you think Stendel is already looking at the players we have and making an assumption as to whether or not he could implement his 'gegen-pressing' style of football quite quickly? Hopefully whoever it is we get in that they are ruthless and get rid of the dead weight and shite and are then given time to bring their own players in.

That's why I think warnock would be a good choice if stendel thinks the players can't play his system.  Warnock knows how to utilise what he has and would at least makes us hard to beat first.  That's if stendel doesn't want  the job because of the players we have 

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:laugh:

I wonder if levein said to ross hen he sacked him  ' no one puts the physio in a corner!' 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

I wonder if levein said to ross hen he sacked him  ' no one puts the physio in a corner!' 

You better leave it at that.

👍

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

We look as if we are finally having to show our hand, it could get ugly.

Assume Strudel, but we don't get him, horror show begins.

Do we phone Motherwell? We do and SR says no, NI job on his radar.

It's all public now, we looking like a bunch of desperados.

Next McCall (imo) or Irvine or maybe Cotterill had a good interview. Not much between them.

The next has seen two public knock backs and had time to cool there

If jets.

Massy, eh?   ( Not Messi)

You're saying Strudel's the apple of our eye?

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Very Hibs behaviour.

Should be a good fit. 

Indeed. 

Yet some on here seem to think he is some kind of messiah, he got St Mirren promoted who are a team that are in and out of the league frequently.

Highest budget in league one and played for draws and didn't get promoted as he should have with the tools he had.

Wheres the love in come from? I dont get it. 

“Hibs identified their number one target and went and got him”...............after he’d 100% made sure Hearts weren’t interested in getting him, having applied for the job and showed up to be interviewed by us. Now if we hung around waiting on Stendel deciding if it was Hibs or us, am not sure people would be jumping for joy. “Am having to read papers because we aren’t being told anything from the club”..........the club literally told us a month ago what the process was and said it could take up to 6 weeks. Two weeks ago they even told you that phase 1 of their process has been completed 🤷🏼‍♂️. Fair enough if you don’t think it should take 6 weeks but don’t make up that we aren’t being told what’s happening, we’ve never known so much about how Hearts run. I actually think we have been far too open about our dealings and it has led to us often being mocked for being so open with the fans, this being another great example. “Budge hasn’t a clue what she’s doing, has no clue about football”...........so we want someone who (Many in here think) hasn’t a clue about football to rush an appointment she or the club (Levein) has gotten wrong in its past two attempts 🤷🏼‍♂️🙈. The same people are upset that no one has meet her criteria for her vision of the club but still want an appointment made 3 weeks ago? Strange. If MacPhee had won on Saturday the Budge poll that done the rounds would’ve been the “should MacPhee get the job” poll. As is the way online, everything is reactionary. 

The only thing, in my opinion the club have done wrong in this whole process is the silly CV gathering exercise, that phases could’ve been missed. I think having done that phase she was right to interview the stand out candidates. It’s clear that no one that was interviewed in phase 1 was of the standard she wanted, which is pretty much agreed upon on here, no one wants McCann, McCall, Ross or Cotterill. Phase 2 was about going after people that interested her and she has found the guy that is almost universally wanted by the fans. The man that is currently still tied into a contract, a man highly regarded and probably offered jobs and roles weekly, a man that doesn’t live currently in Scotland so would require moving his family up here etc etc. If the club get their man then the wait is worth it.

People need to calm down. 

Just now, FruitJuice said:

I've been caught as well then. Very subtle though. Unless I'm thick and it's an obvious whoosh 

Explanation above ☝️

Just now, FruitJuice said:

That's no the point.  She is a very good physio and shouldn't feel uncomfortable with him in her workplace.  Jack toss the prick.

FFS it was a joke 🤷‍♂️

I was being tongue in cheek when I said that it wouldn’t matter if he had came back as the players are filling the physio room daily 

I never wanted or do not currently want Jack Ross anywhere near the club and that’s nothing to do with the physio!

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

FFS it was a joke 🤷‍♂️

I was being tongue in cheek when I said that it wouldn’t matter if he had came back as the players are filling the physio room daily 

I never wanted or do not currently want Jack Ross anywhere near the club and that’s nothing to do with the physio!

Its early doors and only had one coffee. 

I am confused.  Is he a hobo perv or not? 

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

More likely to be Alan Irvine IMO, especially with the Naismith endorsement. I wouldn't rule out Robbo as a possible 3rd choice.

The criticism of the manager search - especially from supposed Jambos - has been very OTT, and now Kris Commons has got in on the act.

Budge clearly stated a timeline (we're still within) and that she wanted to do a more thorough search this time. So we interviewed some local names (I recall we got criticism before for not considering established Scottish coaches) and someone from England (we were criticised that we didn't do what Hibs did and go for someone like Heckingbottom), and a Steve Clarke type in Irvine (we were criticised that we didn't do that before, too).

We've focused on experience (we were criticised for going with two rookies before). And our main target it seems to very much be in line with what Hearts fans want - a new face from abroad (we were criticised for not going for someone out of the box like the new Killie coach), good reputation at a high level, not afraid of the OF, not an ex Jambo, favours attacking football.... and still folk are criticising. What level of manager do folk think we can attract FFS? The sooner we get someone in the better, so long as everyone gives him a chance.

This sums it up perfectly for me

1 hour ago, Markymark said:

Spot on. Hibs done it properly with recruiting Ross. Identified their top target, made him feel important and brought him in. We knew if we didn’t offer the job he was off to Hibs. Totally **** up of a process and showing no signs of conclusion soon. Shouldn’t be surprised with recent events at Tynecastle.

Hearts knew all about Ross, having employed him before. It’s clear nobody at Tynecastle really rated him, despite his bluster. 

Us “missing out” on Ross because he preferred Hibs is a huge Hibs/media created smokescreen.

That our fans are falling for it shows they have gone soft NOT our club.

As an employer we have a duty of care to our employees. Had we employed him we’d have been in breach of that duty.

Let Hibs regale in their fake news.

Edited by Jammy T

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

More likely to be Alan Irvine IMO, especially with the Naismith endorsement. I wouldn't rule out Robbo as a possible 3rd choice.

The criticism of the manager search - especially from supposed Jambos - has been very OTT, and now Kris Commons has got in on the act.

Budge clearly stated a timeline (we're still within) and that she wanted to do a more thorough search this time. So we interviewed some local names (I recall we got criticism before for not considering established Scottish coaches) and someone from England (we were criticised that we didn't do what Hibs did and go for someone like Heckingbottom), and a Steve Clarke type in Irvine (we were criticised that we didn't do that before, too).

We've focused on experience (we were criticised for going with two rookies before). And our main target it seems to very much be in line with what Hearts fans want - a new face from abroad (we were criticised for not going for someone out of the box like the new Killie coach), good reputation at a high level, not afraid of the OF, not an ex Jambo, favours attacking football.... and still folk are criticising. What level of manager do folk think we can attract FFS? The sooner we get someone in the better, so long as everyone gives him a chance.

A very sensible summary of the situation. People now saying we should have hired Ross. Absolute joke.

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

We look as if we are finally having to show our hand, it could get ugly.

Assume Strudel, but we don't get him, horror show begins.

Do we phone Motherwell? We do and SR says no, NI job on his radar.

It's all public now, we looking like a bunch of desperados.

Next McCall (imo) or Irvine or maybe Cotterill had a good interview. Not much between them.

The next has seen two public knock backs and had time to cool there

If jets.

Massy, eh?   ( Not Messi)

TBF  Hearts have made no public statements about candidates so any look of desperation is because of newspaper and online speculation.

Perth to Paisley
6 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Did you mean cope with a manager who likes to attack or did you mean to type come?  If its the latter, what are your options?  

I meant "Cope"...doh!

Just as important as the new appointment for me is that, if I am correct, the club is planning to restructure the football department at the same time. Any incoming head coach will bring some of his own people and will want to (have to) use the next transfer window. Wages must be freed off. Although the effect of that takes time, due to contracts being fulfilled. Being overloaded with coaches will not help us on the playing field. Failure has put everybody's position at risk, players and backroom. The bootroom should have been scrapped along with Cathro's sacking. It looks like we are at last moving away from that failed model. Everyone needs to step up now  to have a future at our club, there will be casualties and there needs to be. We as fans now must play our part and get behind whoever comes in, even if that does not meet our expectations, everybody deserves a fair chance. A lot of damage needs to be undone and repairs will not be easy. But we pulled together during admin and we can do again.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you were ‘totally bored’ of the topic, you wouldn’t be posting on a thread about the topic, before 8am, would you?

Yes I would, because I did.  Why is before 8am relevant?  Is the time of a comment indicative of an individual's level of interest?

Thanks for taking an interest, though.

Jack Ross applied for the job, got in contact when Hibs wanted him because he wanted to come here and we told him he’d never be employed by Hearts again 👌🏻

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

And if we move onto McCann or McCall after all this time, it shows that they have put everything into getting stendel without looking at better alternatives than the two mentioned.  If it's one if them they better get results quick or it'll cost the club a lot of money.  

You don’t know that McCall will be a bad choice he may well be a great appointment 

2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

You don’t know that McCall will be a bad choice he may well be a great appointment 

The reality is nobody knows if whoever we appoint will be a good or a bad appointment until they’ve had a fair number of games under their belt. 

32 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I think the sticking point may be trying to convince his family on move as a return to Germany may be on the cards too.

You are now privy to Stendel’s family discussions? 

:gok: 

6 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If you’re going to play devils advocate at least do it on similar set of circumstances.

Stendel had been at Barnsley for one full season. Levein had been at Hearts for two and a bit (as manager).

Barnsley had just promoted to a higher league when their best players were sold. Hearts were in the same league as before.

Stendel had his best players sold from under him and was not supported in the transfer market. This at a time when Barnsley should have been improving their squad to meet the better standard in the Championship. Levein was fully supported in the transfer market. AB stated that he was even given a bigger budget in preseason to allow him to get better quality and depth in the squad. She stated this was specifically to address the possibility of suffering a number of injuries as we had the previous season. Levein failed to improve the squad sufficiently.

Comparing apples with pears is bonkers logic. 

When you want it to be .......

10 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

However they get money from elsewhere

14. Bournemouth
Actual league position: 14th
Matches televised: 8
TV income: £12.3million
Prize money: £13.3million
Equal share: £79.4million
Total: £105million

They do but I assume that the tv income in the Championship is much better than the SPL. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Firstly there’s virtually no chance we will win SC, secondly I have to pay to get into those fixtures.

its completely unacceptable to willingly sacrifice the season, this time next week there’s a good chance that we will be bottom of the league in December..

it’s an absolute farce and COMPLETE FAILURE from Ann Budge and the board.

This kind of post usually gets ignored but is completely spot on. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

This kind of post usually gets ignored but is completely spot on. 

There might be a reason for that.

The Hogfather
14 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

Well done Snowflake, off to bed now you have school tomorrow! Chew the cud grasser!!

I’ve generally found that anyone who uses the term ‘snowflake’ is somewhat of a racist. Was it you that was in the footage of some troglodyte abusing Morelos?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
11 hours ago, chefjambo said:

I do have that reg plate

Nice one. Well, nice one five actually.

• davemclaren locked this topic