Odds on next manager

DB-14

3 hours ago, Jodami said:

MacPhee now even money favourite, please don't let this happen.

If Austin gets either of the jobs I'm done with this regime and I won't be alone . 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

52 minutes ago, pointon said:

If Ann Budge is true to what she said at that press conference we will have an outstanding candidate for the position I dread that is not the case . I really hope I am wrong

She thought CL was this too. Hopefully she gets it right this time.

Our chances of getting Jack Ross have plummeted with news of the documentary that’s for damn sure.

What high quality coach is going to be willing to take the job with a camera crew running around the place? If you get an interview the first thing you are going to ask is can I pull the plug on this. Total stupidity from Hearts. Hope they have editorial rights cause the BBC are gonna do a hatchet job with this.

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Looks like Savage, clear run at him 

See Deila as manager and Savage 

This appointing malarky is easy 

Ronny Deila who is a) currently employed by Valerenga, one of Norway's biggest clubs that b) he has sitting 9th with 3 games to go? 

Budge must love fans like you, complete muppets

7 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

Who's to say we have not approached people? We may accept applications but that doesn't stop us approaching someone. 

People are getting their knickers in a twist as nobody has been announced yet, I'd rather we got it right rather than jump in two footed for a quick fix.

We don’t need to approach anyone in reality. Any manager currently in a job who has an interest will have their agent submit their cv. That way they can, hand on heart, say they knew nothing about it and therefor there’s no hint of underhand/illegal approaches etc. Clubs just sit back and wait for the cv’s to roll in. If they want to talk to someone under contract they need to approach their club for permission. We have now been managerless for 7 days. I’m sure things are already moving along in the background. 

17 minutes ago, pointon said:

A good manager is approached by a club there for does not have to send in his credentials 

No, but his agent does or at least gives the hiring club the heads up that his client is interested. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

You don’t know anything about the plumbing game. Nobody would ever go from being in charge of plumbers back to a plumber in the same firm. You’d get lack of trust, resentment and attitude spreading through the firm. Been there and witnessed it. For everyone’s sake it’s always better leaving.

Ffs. A bit literal, lad. 

Take any job or profession then. 

I also said own business. 

Taking it a step back

Ask a fish to climb a tree and it can't do it. 

Use that old chestnut if you get overly excited about the plumbing comparison. 

Point still stands, if he's doing a good job elsewhere in the business , be silly to remove him, especially right now. 

Loads of names will come out soon, many will disapear again after finding out what wages we can pay. 

Nobody is going to come to use from the English championship, so we are looking for a current number two or someone from the lower leagues. Assuming we are not looking in Scotland.

32 minutes ago, pointon said:

If you want a good manager you have to go to them 2 week cv collection will not do it

This... good coaches and managers who have faith in their ability don’t by and large apply for jobs, they are more often than not headhunted

43 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Can you  explain.

Others seem to think there was a different reason.

Honestly, I initially thought he left us to pursue a managerial position with Alloa however I've read numerous times on here that he was fired by Levein. If that is the case, I think he'd be wanting to prove a point against us. If he left on good terms then I truly hope we go Jack Ross and that he choices us over Hibs.

He would be a fantastic appointment. His did a remarkable job at both Alloa and St Mirren and I believe he stabilized Sunderland and deserved more time - he'd have got them back into the Championship and challenging for promotion to the EPL (IMO). He's managed at a massive club in England, has lots of contacts both North and South of the border and would modernize our club. He reminds me of Derek McInnes. I'd be over the moon if Jack Ross was our new head coach.

Just out of interest, who do you think we should go for?

rudi must stay
26 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Ronny Deila who is a) currently employed by Valerenga, one of Norway's biggest clubs that b) he has sitting 9th with 3 games to go? 

I am a supporter not a fan.

A supporter of the club and it's decisions (although that can be hard)

We have waisted countless amounts on shite players sporting director is all very fanciful most important person at the club is the manager 

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, hawaii said:

Not going to be Jack Ross with a documentary team running around 

:D

post of the week. Won't be Phil Brown either 

53 minutes ago, pointon said:

If you want a good manager you have to go to them 2 week cv collection will not do it

This in ****ing spades. If we were clued up, we wouldn’t be inviting applications. We’d draw up a shortlist and go about headhunting targets. 

Worthing Jambo
33 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

I think he means Lily and Smith.

Along with the muppets it should make great telly👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

This in ****ing spades. If we were clued up, we wouldn’t be inviting applications. We’d draw up a shortlist and go about headhunting targets. 

We should have been planning weeks ago given how badly Levein was doing. We evidently haven’t pre-empted.

I’ll say it again - I’m worried with Budge in charge of this. I don’t think she’s up to it. No-one @ me, idgaf. Just my view.

19 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I am a supporter not a fan.

A supporter of the club and it's decisions (although that can be hard)

...and it’s decisions? You support something you potentially disagree with. Why?

Surely you can support the club but have a mind of your own and not support each decision.  It’s not communist Russia.

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He has assisted Craig Levein achieve one of the worst league runs in the clubs history. Why did you leave that out of your assessment?

And assisted Cathro, so his contribution to poor performances has been going for a long time now. 

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We should have been planning weeks ago given how badly Levein was doing. We evidently haven’t pre-empted.

I’ll say it again - I’m worried with Budge in charge of this. I don’t think she’s up to it. No-one @ me, idgaf. Just my view.

I’d agree if CL had just been Manager and not a member of the board, i’d doubt they’d have prepared for this eventuality  behind his back.

That said, he should have been emptied much sooner. 

This is her chance to redeem herself and put any doubts to bed. So she has to make top notch appointments. With that in mind, I’m hopeful but there is part of me that thinks that they’ll make a complete dugsdinner of this.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The only current working manager in Scotland I’d be interested in is Neilson - doesn’t need stabilisers any more,

still on an upward curve and has one of the best statistical records of any other manager we have had.

17 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The only current working manager in Scotland I’d be interested in is Neilson - doesn’t need stabilisers any more,

still on an upward curve and has one of the best statistical records of any other manager we have had.

Nup, his style is eye bleeding, as now evidenced at Dundee Hibs too....championship season a side, the style was far too cautious and not we we deserve as the long suffering fans that we are.....

I want to be bloody entertained and try and win games FFS!!!!! Its not too much to ask for 😩

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, pointon said:

How come other clubs identify a manager and just appoint him yet we have to go through weeks of indecision 

If Ann Budge is true to what she said at that press conference we will have an outstanding candidate for the position I dread that is not the case . I really hope I am wrong

if A experienced high profile manager was getting or interested in this job would we still be waiting on cv’s coming in today ?

1 hour ago, pointon said:

A good manager is approached by a club there for does not have to send in his credentials 

Any one else beginning to feel this managerial appointment is turning in to ground hog day

We have waisted countless amounts on shite players sporting director is all very fanciful most important person at the club is the manager 

I tell you what I found like Groundhog Day, reading your consistent negativity/trolling posts. Not one of the above posts was even replying to anyone, just persistent negative comments.

To me, and I may be wrong which if I am I will apologise, you are simply at it and trying to stir it...and not just today, the last few days. 

Please give it a rest, or at least engage in the discussion, countless negative random digs is becoming very tiresome to read. 

Holyrood_Hearts

How come other clubs identify a manager and just appoint him yet we have to go through weeks of indecision 

I said this at the time & was shot down for it. If we had been more proactive we could’ve had a new manager in place for tomorrow’s game, which would have got everyone back feeling positive & potentially sold more tickets. Instead we’re sitting on our hands waiting for something to happen. The lack of urgency is a concern. It shouldn’t take any potentially candidates a week to apply 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I said this at the time & was shot down for it. If we had been more proactive we could’ve had a new manager in place for tomorrow’s game, which would have got everyone back feeling positive & potentially sold more tickets. Instead we’re sitting on our hands waiting for something to happen. The lack of urgency is a concern. It shouldn’t take any potentially candidates a week to apply 

Budge ****ed up big time waiting so long to sack Levein.

1 hour ago, hawaii said:

Our chances of getting Jack Ross have plummeted with news of the documentary that’s for damn sure.

What high quality coach is going to be willing to take the job with a camera crew running around the place? If you get an interview the first thing you are going to ask is can I pull the plug on this. Total stupidity from Hearts. Hope they have editorial rights cause the BBC are gonna do a hatchet job with this.

That the same Jack Ross who had a documentary crew following him around all last season at Sunderland? The documentary that will soon be released?

Guest ToqueJambo
59 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How do you appoint a new manager or even sound one out if there is no vacancy? Of course she'll have folk in mind but she also wants to invite applications and do a thorough search. Seems sensible. Levein himself said he was fielding calls from agents about his own manager position when he was still in the job, so there's no doubt Budge has a) a list of attributes the new man must have and b ) and an initial list of people in mind.

What if for example, she sounds someone out way in advance, and then an even better candidate comes along when the position is actually vacant?

Guest ToqueJambo
26 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Same x 100. Just looked and acted like a manager from day 1. Pains me to say it, but similar to Steven Gerrard in many ways - he also seems like a seasoned manager already. I don't know how hard we tried to keep Neilson but it was a major mistake if Levein looked on him leaving as an opportunity to finally get Cathro in.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How do you appoint a new manager or even sound one out if there is no vacancy? Of course she'll have folk in mind but she also wants to invite applications and do a thorough search. Seems sensible. Levein himself said he was fielding calls from agents about his own manager position when he was still in the job, so there's no doubt Budge has a) a list of attributes the new man must have and b ) and an initial list of people in mind.

What if for example, she sounds someone out way in advance, and then an even better candidate comes along when the position is actually vacant?

Clubs do it all the time. It was perfectly obvious that Levein was finished (not to Budge but to anyone with a brain) and if I was her I’d have been moving the pieces into place in advance.

I accept that someone better might come up in this process.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Clubs do it all the time. It was perfectly obvious that Levein was finished (not to Budge but to anyone with a brain) and if I was her I’d have been moving the pieces into place in advance.

I accept that someone better might come up in this process.

If it was me, I'd not want to waste my time talking to someone about a new job unless I absolutely knew there was going to be a new job and when. Seems a bit like the employer trying to have their cake and eat it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

If it was me, I'd not want to waste my time talking to someone about a new job unless I absolutely knew there was going to be a new job and when. Seems a bit like the employer trying to have their cake and eat it.

Leeds did Bielsa weeks before Heckingbottom was sacked. When you know someone’s finished, you know they’re finished 

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

There isn't even a remote chance AM will be appointed.  There will be an uproar if he stays in any capacity.

I believe there is very little chance that Austin will leave the club.  He is very highly regarded by Ann Budge.

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

She openly admitted that she gave Levein the first quarter of the season to see if he could turn it around. As it was glaringly obvious that it wasn't working then there should have been some kind of succession planning kicking in. It's very easy to use third parties to sound out potential candidates without getting your hands dirty. Let's be honest it has been obvious for months going back to last season that he would be sacked. 

I hope that they are sitting there with the proverbial rabbit just waiting for the right moment to pull it out of the hat but after the post Cathro recruitment shambles it's understandable that many of us are doubtful. Fingers crossed because if they appoint MacPhee as manager many people are going to be understandably disappointed and angry. 

Edited by Jodami

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Leeds did Bielsa weeks before Heckingbottom was sacked. When you know someone’s finished, you know they’re finished 

If you have a clear person in mind, maybe. But how does that fit with wanting to do a thorough search? This is Budge's first go at appointing a manager herself from the start of the process now they will report directly to her. Let's give her the time to do it properly eh?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

She openly admitted that she gave Levein the first quarter of the season to see if he could turn it around. As it was glaringly obvious that it wasn't then there should have been some kind of succession planning kicking in. It's very easy to use third parties to sound out potential candidates without getting your hands dirty. Let's be honest it has been obvious for months going back to last season that he would be sacked. 

I hope that they are sitting there with the proverbial rabbit just waiting for the right moment to pull it out of the hat but after the post Cathro recruitment shambles it's understandable that many of us are doubtful. Fingers crossed because if they appoint MacPhee as manager many people are going to be understandably disappointed and angry. 

We don't know she hasn't sounded people out do we? Lot of assumptions being made here. If we are going for someone decent they'll have other suitors I assume. It's not just a case of "he looks good, here have the job"

Edited by ToqueJambo

Sydney Devine

Just listened to Austin speak on HeartsTV.  Speaks very well and sounds like he is trying to put his stamp on the team already.  Reduced the size of numbers in the first team training group and spoke about individuals training their way into the squad/team and also training themselves out of the squad/team.  

After a year of terrible football, be interesting to see the line up and tactics tomorrow.  

Not sure whether he will be considered for the managers role, but better to have a free hit at the gig than not at all.  

19 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Nup, his style is eye bleeding, as now evidenced at Dundee Hibs too....championship season a side, the style was far too cautious and not we we deserve as the long suffering fans that we are.....

I want to be bloody entertained and try and win games FFS!!!!! Its not too much to ask for 😩

Is that the same Robbie Neilson that won the hardest Championship there has ever been with a record points total and with +70 goal diff and then finished 3rd with more wins in the season in the last 20 years par 2 and with more goals in a top flight season in the last 20 years par 2?

If he had stayed for another two seasons and had the funds others got we would have been in a far far better place.

Which one is it?

Should have had someone lined up or interview and select the best candidate.

You can't interview and select the best in a few days.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We don't know she hasn't sounded people out do we? Lot of assumptions being made here. If we are going for someone decent they'll have other suitors I assume.

I live in hope! 

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same x 100. Just looked and acted like a manager from day 1. Pains me to say it, but similar to Steven Gerrard in many ways - he also seems like a seasoned manager already. I don't know how hard we tried to keep Neilson but it was a major mistake if Levein looked on him leaving as an opportunity to finally get Cathro in.

Did you go to the games when neilson was in charge? If you did, I dont understand why you'd want him back. Apart from the championship season, it was boring to watch. 

24 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Can you please enlighten me to your optimism 

I tell you what I found like Groundhog Day, reading your consistent negativity/trolling posts. Not one of the above posts was even replying to anyone, just persistent negative comments.

To me, and I may be wrong which if I am I will apologise, you are simply at it and trying to stir it...and not just today, the last few days. 

Please give it a rest, or at least engage in the discussion, countless negative random digs is becoming very tiresome to read. 

1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

Honestly, I initially thought he left us to pursue a managerial position with Alloa however I've read numerous times on here that he was fired by Levein. If that is the case, I think he'd be wanting to prove a point against us. If he left on good terms then I truly hope we go Jack Ross and that he choices us over Hibs.

He would be a fantastic appointment. His did a remarkable job at both Alloa and St Mirren and I believe he stabilized Sunderland and deserved more time - he'd have got them back into the Championship and challenging for promotion to the EPL (IMO). He's managed at a massive club in England, has lots of contacts both North and South of the border and would modernize our club. He reminds me of Derek McInnes. I'd be over the moon if Jack Ross was our new head coach.

Just out of interest, who do you think we should go for?

I think you should do some research on your 1st paragraph.

As regards who I would go for I honestly don't know and until a SD is appointed it's probably a waste of time speculating - they need to be able to work together.