Odds on next manager

DB-14

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Friday and no press conference as yet from MacPhee, any reason why?

Levein is still prepping him in the cleaners cupboard.     😎

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The longer he's there's always going to be people suspicious of what influence he has in my opinion and it's better for all concerned if he was removed completely and both parties move on ! It's sad it's ended like it has for Craig levein because one of the best players I've ever seen play for hearts and nobody could ever accuse him these past 5 years of not working his socks off either 

Fair doos. 

Tbh I couldn't care if some folk are suspicious, neither would Ann I don't think. 

That kind of chat is just Nonsesnse imo. 

I'm not too bothered either way.  Stay or go. 

Far more pressing matters that concern me more with the first team. 

GorgieRules22
13 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Might be an idea to keep an eye on the directors box tomorrow.

Stab in the dark or suggesting something ??

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Stop making excuses for McPhee FFS! It was like last weekend when folk were saying ‘he only had two days to work with the team.’ He has been number two for three fecking years. There is nothing he shouldn’t know about the players. He’s simply useless.

I'm certainly not rooting for AM but can you give honest answers to the following

1.Did you seriously believe we would beat Rangers at all (even before the sacking)?

2 Given the players available/fit enough to start, who do you think would have done a better job?

3 AM devised a plan to suit the players he had and it was holding up not too badly until Sevco scored just before HT.  By then we had already lost Whalen who arguably is our most experienced player,  What could/should we have done going into the 2nd half?

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Fair doos. 

Tbh I couldn't care if some folk are suspicious, neither would Ann I don't think. 

That kind of chat is just Nonsesnse imo. 

I'm not too bothered either way.  Stay or go. 

Far more pressing matters that concern me more with the first team. 

A just find it very sad that somebody who's been at hearts as a player / manager for so many years and has gave his all no doubt about it but it's ended badly with personal abuse etc directed at him ! This the main reason I don't want another hearts legend managing us 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Dunks said:

**** right off with that pish 🤬

It probably is pish but I want to see us get a decent manager in rather than stumble on with much of the same under MacPhee. We need a run of wins now and I doubt very much MacPhee could achieve that. 

A scrappy one nil for us tomorrow might see him appointed, perish the thought! 🙄

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It probably is pish but I want to see us get a decent manager in rather than stumble on with much of the same under MacPhee. We need a run of wins now and I doubt very much MacPhee could achieve that. 

A scrappy one nil for us tomorrow might see him appointed, perish the thought! 🙄

Never have , never would want us to lose in any circumstances 

Walter Bishop
22 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Now this is interesting. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Funnily enough I came on to post I would be doing that,  not far away. 

Worth cricking my neck for?

31 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Too far away for me. Can you keep me posted pls? 

26 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Possibly but would doubt it if interviews not taking place until next

If that’s the case. I’d imagine with other moves going on in last ten days or so if there’s  a standout candidate interested they won’t wait for jnterviews before getting them on board. 

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think the last part is more emotional than pragmatic tbh. 

If you had a great plumber in your own business and then promoted him because of this to manager for example and he failed, would you sack him.?

I wouldn't sack him, I'd put him back into his plumbing role. 

Sacking him wouldnt be in the best interests for him or for me. 

Emotions aside, if he's integral to the operational side of the business in other ways then it's sensible to keep him on. 

And tbh, as long as we get this appointment correct, Im not bothered if he stays or goes, I just don't see the need to go after him if his new role is nothing to do with the first team. 

You don’t know anything about the plumbing game. Nobody would ever go from being in charge of plumbers back to a plumber in the same firm. You’d get lack of trust, resentment and attitude spreading through the firm. Been there and witnessed it. For everyone’s sake it’s always better leaving.

47 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Surprised nobody's fired a tenner on Cathro, just to get his name on the list.

Unfinished business ...

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, JamTarts51 said:

Embarrassing post. You would rather see us bottom of the table after 12 games rather than give an opportunity to a coach who has only had one match as interim manger against an Old Firm team. Last Sunday was extremely poor yes but I am fairly certain that over the last 3 years the manager chooses the players and formation. Leave off 

Here is a guy who is supposed to help organize the team in training alongside the departed manager, his second in command so to speak and the team is sitting joint bottom. 

We need a clean sweep of the coaches and new ideas to climb out of the malaise we are in right now.

1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

Surprised nobody's fired a tenner on Cathro, just to get his name on the list.

Would not fire anything on Cathro ohhh.png.cf26d52cb4f8dcc766c5893f1bb58071.png

Edited by Hearts007

44 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

So Sporting Director first, then a manger. 

1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

Siberia is part of the Russian federation and therefore European even if geographically it is in Asia.

Whether we consider Crimea to be  part of Ukraine or Russia or both, it's also European.

Agree, wasn't really debating that. Just looked it up and these are about our most far-flung coaches

Thought it was interesting.

I see the panic coming from MacPhee being the favourite for the job BUT the pant wetters need to realise that the bookies pay out on an Interim Manager completing 10 games or more in their position as them being the Manager, after this weekend he'll be at 2 and with December coming up we will be at that number by the 26th December, which isn't far away.

Austin MacPhee is therefore the correct name to be favourite based on the betting payout criteria - so calm down snowflakes!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’d imagine that the money on McPhee for manager is because some info has come out that he has been offered the SD role.

That was to be the first appointment and I think he’d be perfect for it. 

The timing with O’Neill going to Stoke makes that more likely IMO as Hearts now need to love if we want him. 

I think from Austin’s perspective SD at Hearts would suit him better than a traditional coaching role and if he does it well with us would be well sought after in England moving forward.

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I see the panic coming from MacPhee being the favourite for the job BUT the pant wetters need to realise that the bookies pay out on an Interim Manager completing 10 games or more in their position as them being the Manager, after this weekend he'll be at 2 and with December coming up we will be at that number by the 26th December, which isn't far away.

Austin MacPhee is therefore the correct name to be favourite based on the betting payout criteria - so calm down snowflakes!

Interesting point.

I don't know loads about bookies etc, but it's a well known funny market the manager appointment one.  I'm surprised it exists tbh, as must be very, very open to insider knowledge.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

:rofl:

We'll be relegated by then

46 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm certainly not rooting for AM but can you give honest answers to the following

1.Did you seriously believe we would beat Rangers at all (even before the sacking)?

2 Given the players available/fit enough to start, who do you think would have done a better job?

3 AM devised a plan to suit the players he had and it was holding up not too badly until Sevco scored just before HT.  By then we had already lost Whalen who arguably is our most experienced player,  What could/should we have done going into the 2nd half?

Was thinking earlier, would we be up in arms if Lazio or Porto beat us 3 or 4 nil.  Prob not.  That shows you what we're up against though.

Am took a gamble (one I didn't agree with) last week, and as you say, it was somewhat on path until Whelan had to come off.  Aunties and baws, I know, but had we held out until 60 mins, brought on Walker, Naismith and Uche and went at them, you just never know.  The reason I didn't agree with the gamble was for the reason that you don't get to choose your luck, and an injury was all it would take to scupper the plan.  Best foot forward would have been better.  If SN and JW could only give half a game each, give them a half each, imo.

Anyway, it's being used to beat AM with, and that's management.

He won't get the managers job.  I'll eat a big poo if he does.  Right in my mouth, with chewing and everything.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:rofl:

We'll be relegated by then

Haha probably, in the betting world, somebody with 2 games under their belt and only 8 more to go for them to pay out explains why he's the fave.

28 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Agree, wasn't really debating that. Just looked it up and these are about our most far-flung coaches

Thought it was interesting.

Decent trivia question. 

1 minute ago, pointon said:

How come other clubs identify a manager and just appoint him yet we have to go through weeks of indecision 

Dunno about indecision but there does seem to be a lack of urgency, both this time and last.

Mind you, Cathro was appointed in jig time as far as I remember, so maybe no bad thing to mull it over a bit.

PaulHartley10

How come other clubs identify a manager and just appoint him yet we have to go through weeks of indecision 

I suppose we can't appoint a manager until he knows who he is working with...I'd imagine the sporting director would want some input or to sit in on interviews. Plus some applicants may say thanks but no thanks.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Don't mind them taking time to appoint the correct person but if we go through the process and appoint Austin Macphee then there's going to be uproar

3 minutes ago, pointon said:

I fear we might find out the answer to that at the end of the season....

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, PaulHartley10 said:

I suppose we can't appoint a manager until he knows who he is working with...I'd imagine the sporting director would want some input or to sit in on interviews. Plus some applicants may say thanks but no thanks.

Yeah agree sporting director should come first to be part of process to see if the new manager and him can work together 

If Ann Budge is true to what she said at that press conference we will have an outstanding candidate for the position I dread that is not the case . I really hope I am wrong

Ive seen others make this comment about not wanting any previous hearts players taking the helm. I fully agree. Pressley, Robertson, Neilson dont fill me with confidence. I like jack Ross as he reminds me of Derek McInnes. A young manager who can help modernise the club in regards to sports science, analysis etc. I think he would have gotten Sunderland up - they were 6th in the league when he left. He deserved more time. My only concern is he left with a bitter taste in his mouth thanks to Levein. I think he could do a very good job at Hibs. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If Ann Budge is true to what she said at that press conference we will have an outstanding candidate for the position I dread that is not the case . I really hope I am wrong

I hope so too but I have my doubts. I also don't like people having a go at MacPhee when he's had 1 game. At least give him a few games while we search. Everyone blaming him for Cathro and Levein's reigns are incredibly stupid. His job was to assist the manager ffs. That's why his job title said "assistant". He followed the managers instructions on how to set-up and prepare the team. Now it's his chance. Get behind him and the team tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

The move on MacPhee is concerning.

Put £20 on somebody else and watch that person go favourite.

This market is what the bookies call novelty bets.

Nobody puts serious money on and if they did the staff are told to alert head office and a large bet would likely be declined.

The successful candidate will more than likely not be on that list.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

You don’t know anything about the plumbing game. Nobody would ever go from being in charge of plumbers back to a plumber in the same firm. You’d get lack of trust, resentment and attitude spreading through the firm. Been there and witnessed it. For everyone’s sake it’s always better leaving.

As is the way in most businesses. Great salesman become sales manager, can't manage people. Leaves.

In an ideal world it should be the way Smith's Right Boot describes but sadly it rarely works like that.

21 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Ive seen others make this comment about not wanting any previous hearts players taking the helm. I fully agree. Pressley, Robertson, Neilson dont fill me with confidence. I like jack Ross as he reminds me of Derek McInnes. A young manager who can help modernise the club in regards to sports science, analysis etc. I think he would have gotten Sunderland up - they were 6th in the league when he left. He deserved more time. My only concern is he left with a bitter taste in his mouth thanks to Levein. I think he could do a very good job at Hibs. 

Can you  explain.

Others seem to think there was a different reason.

rudi must stay

From his press conference I dont think it will be Austin McPhee. 

He's speaking to me like a man heading for the edit door or downstairs (sporting director and manager must already have a relationship)

Edited by rudi must stay

Who's to say we have not approached people? We may accept applications but that doesn't stop us approaching someone. 

People are getting their knickers in a twist as nobody has been announced yet, I'd rather we got it right rather than jump in two footed for a quick fix.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

We are looking to appoint a Sporting Director first. 

Looks like Savage, clear run at him 

See Deila as manager and Savage 

This appointing malarky is easy 

17 minutes ago, pointon said:

If you want a good manager you have to go to them 2 week cv collection will not do it

You are most likely a genius. 

18 minutes ago, pointon said:

If you want a good manager you have to go to them 2 week cv collection will not do it

About time someone started a thread about looking for a new manager 👏👏👏

rudi must stay

"a few pints then they head it and we need to excite them with quick football"

What a shame he's spot on about our 90% of our support

Edited by rudi must stay