• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

Trapper John McIntyre
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

JC was really passionate. And now they can leave him alone on Brexit. Great answer.

Boris is just a balloon. 

Boris' poll ratings will increase tonight after that farce of a 'mixed' audience. 

That actress from Daniel Blake was in it. Probably not the only actor either.

Labour need to provide a detailed picture of their approach to the renegotiation.     The Tories will ridicule that a referendum and a neutral leader will result in pointless negotiations.     Labour needs to be very clear regarding their different approach and objectives.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

That's just an answer to state what will not fund our services.     I'll continue to assume that higher taxation across the spectrum is a credible answer until someone can provide an equally credible explanation of how the status quo will suddenly become the model of the future.

Higher taxes across the spectrum won't in itself without economic growth let alone of they have a negative impact. It is not in itself a credible answer.

If the EU was able to stop member states like Ireland and Luxembourg acting as lucrative tax havens for multinationals that might help.

Who said the status quo was the model for the future. Any more than Marxism is the model of the future?

3 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Still waiting to hear which of four leaders is better than Sturgeon 

Sturgeon was very clear and strong but Corbyn was also equally impressive.

4 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

If you live in Sheffield.

The Tories as usual will shoot themselves in the foot. Factchecker, Keir Starmer and Boris bullshitting. At least JC comes across as Honest. Pity McDonnell and Abbott are part of his gang.

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Higher taxes across the spectrum won't in itself without economic growth let alone of they have a negative impact. It is not in itself a credible answer.

If the EU was able to stop member states like Ireland and Luxembourg acting as lucrative tax havens for multinationals that might help.

Who said the status quo was the model for the future. Any more than Marxism is the model of the future?

Yet you're still not proposing an alternative.      Yes there has to be more.     Revitalising manufacturing.     Radical modernisation of infrastructure and transport.     Tax compliance.     Reduction of personal debt.    Driving up wages for growing tax receipts and more circulation of wealth.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yet you're still not proposing an alternative.      Yes there has to be more.     Revitalising manufacturing.     Radical modernisation of infrastructure and transport.     Tax compliance.     Reduction of personal debt.    Driving up wages for growing tax receipts and more circulation of wealth.

Those aren't proposals. They are aspirations no-one could argue against.

How could anyone genuinely vote for Johnson?

Refused to say sorry for Islamophobic and Homophobic comments and lied blatantly. 

He said the Tories had given money to build 6 new hospitals. 

Er....

Those aren't proposals. They are aspirations no-one could argue against.

Can one not propose an aspiration?    Or aspire to a proposal?    Or is it really just the same thing but?

18 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Because she was the least important of the four.

And the debate wasnt held in Scotland.

Are you suggesting Swinson is more important than the leader of the 3rd biggest political party in the UK and the biggest in Scotland? 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Can one not propose an aspiration?    Or aspire to a proposal?    Or is it really just the same thing but?

Getting a bit deep. But aspirations and proposals are not the same thing.

A combination of aspirations and realistic proposals to achieve them is sadly lacking. From all sides. IMO.

A combination of aspirations and realistic proposals to achieve them is sadly lacking. From all sides. IMO.

Well it's all proposals really.    I have suggested a number of measures and aspirations as a proposition of a better economic model.     Some of which Labour are themselves intent on.

It’s the advantage of being in opposition at election time, you can claim to to outspend, cure all known diseases, revitalise business, cut the deficit  etc etc without the the baggage of the difficult decisions that  long term governance brings.

Just now, Fourcandles said:

It’s the advantage of being in opposition at election time, you can claim to to outspend, cure all known diseases, revitalise business, cut the deficit  etc etc without the the baggage of the difficult decisions that  long term governance brings.

That makes no sense.    Both main parties are campaigning to form the next government,   which does have the responsibility to deliver what they say.

Trapper John McIntyre
11 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Are you suggesting Swinson is more important than the leader of the 3rd biggest political party in the UK and the biggest in Scotland? 

The Scottish-Yorkshiremen were, except for one, all staunch SNP'ers. The rest of the audience were English.

LIke the story about Lance Armstrong. Most people who knew him hated him. The rest didn't come from Austin.

Shanks said no
34 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Boris' poll ratings will increase tonight after that farce of a 'mixed' audience. 

That actress from Daniel Blake was in it. Probably not the only actor either.

Thank you Sir, it was doing our heads in trying to work out how we knew her!

9 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

The Scottish-Yorkshiremen were, except for one, all staunch SNP'ers. The rest of the audience were English.

LIke the story about Lance Armstrong. Most people who knew him hated him. The rest didn't come from Austin.

Not an answer to the question.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Canni beat a bit Sturgeon rallying the troops.

What troops was she "rallying" in Sheffield?  She shouldn't even be there as her party is not a national (UK) one. 

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What troops was she "rallying" in Sheffield?  She shouldn't even be there as her party is not a national (UK) one. 

Ah well, you'll get over the fact that the 3rd biggest party in parliament had a voice in a democratic debate, disgusting as that is.

I heard that people outside Sheffield have TVs too these days by the way!

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Ah well, you'll get over the fact that the 3rd biggest party in parliament had a voice in a democratic debate, disgusting as that is.

I heard that people outside Sheffield have TVs too these days by the way!

It's got nothing to do with the number of MPs (of course she's not one of them) the SNP have at Westminster. The bottom line is only people in Scotland can vote for them in a General Election so why are they involved in a national debate? I'm sure that BBC Glasgow will have one that at least will be relevant for them to attend. 

18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:rudiyas:

Some state that British politics is in if the non national Party can be comfortably the 3rd largest.

Edited by hughesie27

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's got nothing to do with the number of MPs (of course she's not one of them) the SNP have at Westminster. The bottom line is only people in Scotland can vote for them in a General Election so why are they involved in a national debate? I'm sure that BBC Glasgow will have one that at least will be relevant for them to attend. 

Because they're standing in the national parliament and they're bigger than Swinson's lot.

But so what? It's done, get over it, it doesn't distract from bumblefuk boris.

The Tories are terrified, JRM under lock and key, Gove nowhere to be seen - why are these prominent government figures being hidden away?

I'm starting to think they might just lose this one. Hope, hope.

SpruceBringsteen

3000 miles away, and my postal vote for THE STURGE is nailed on.

Would rather drink my own piss than vote for the SNP in an independent Scotland, but that absolutely smashes the minds of the "NATZ BAD" lads.

The Labour and Liberal Democrats are non-national (UK) parties too by the above argument. Neither party contests elections in Northern Ireland. It is only fair that the party with the third largest number of MPs at Westminster should be included in the format.

11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Scotland's population represents about 8.5% of the UK. The SNP garnered 900k votes within that in 2017.

Lib Dems got 2.4 million in 2017.

Only 2.67 times as much but with 14 times the number of people available to them*

Not calculation actual voting age numbers.

32 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Sturgeon was very clear and strong but Corbyn was also equally impressive.

Very personal question... But who would get your vote. Feel free to tell me off

7 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

3000 miles away, and my postal vote for THE STURGE is nailed on.

Would rather drink my own piss than vote for the SNP in an independent Scotland, but that absolutely smashes the minds of the "NATZ BAD" lads.

I might actually end up voting SNP occasionally in an independent Scotland. They might be more bearable when shorn of the independence thing. 😉

1 minute ago, LeftBack said:

Very personal question... But who would get your vote. Feel free to tell me off

It would be a close call in a LAB - SNP contest but my constituency is likely to be SNP & CON with LAB a bit behind.     It's SNP then (Cherry).     It's almost a better situation to be voting in an SNP MP and sort of voting for Labour by not voting Tory (not that I would).     I would rather gnaw my own dog shit smeared foot off.

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Car crash Jo. She voted for the bedroom tax and refusal to increase benefits for the most vulnerable. 
But “she sometimes got things wrong”!

Did ye aye? Tory voting coo!!!

wish you could “love” a post. 

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I might actually end up voting SNP occasionally in an independent Scotland. They might be more bearable when shorn of the independence thing. 😉

I am probably SNP until independence but I'd love to see what a truly Scottish Labour detached from Westinster could come up with.

manaliveits105

Boris made no gaffs 

the country is behind him 

Corbyn is a snake and Wee Nippy can do one - not fit for purpose and very quiet about the Salmond years 

bring it on 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It would be a close call in a LAB - SNP contest but my constituency is likely to be SNP & CON with LAB a bit behind.     It's SNP then (Cherry).     It's almost a better situation to be voting in an SNP MP and sort of voting for Labour by not voting Tory (not that I would).     I would rather gnaw my own dog shit smeared foot off.

I'm in a similar situation. The SNP are in the strongest position in my constituency and should be far enough ahead of the Tories to canter home. I'm not taking any chances though, so although I'm normally Lib Dem / Labour / Green, the SNP are getting my vote this time around.

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Boris made no gaffs 

Corbyn is a snake and Wee Nippy can do one - not fit for purpose and very quiet about the Salmond years 

bring it on 

Didn't he refuse to address his own racist remarks other than saying he hoped they never offended anyone (they did)? 

5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Boris made no gaffs 

bring it on 

Everyday of his life is a gaff. 

2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

No I am not. Facts are facts. 

The SNP are the biggest party in Scotland and will remain so until self governance is achieved. 

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Boris made no gaffs 

bring it on 

:cornette_dog:

28 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Boris made no gaffs 

bring it on 

Johnson is a proven liar and absolute snake. He can GTF. Scotland, I would hope, is NOT behind him. 

North Berwick Jambo
49 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Boris made no gaffs 

bring it on 

😂 there is always one eh 

27 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The SNP are the biggest party in Scotland and will remain so until self governance is achieved. 

Keep dreaming. 

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Perfect. The whole "SNP CULT" thing is just so pathetic. I'm 3000 miles away but I'm still allowed to vote in Scotland. I'll vote for independence. After? I'll vote for the party that suits my views. The tedious "SNP DICTATORSHIP" is just the worst patter.

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

UKIP type answer :getout:

annushorribilis III
59 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Keep dreaming. 

I was back home in the summer and speaking with my family about independence & Brexit . Their answer was -  voted remain last time but on a 2nd ref will vote SNP.  

What you dreaming of ? 

Just watching Question Time now....Nicola was excellent as I would expect. Jo Swinson, absolute car crash. Just watching Boris now, dont really care what he says to be honest.

12 minutes ago, Scallywag said:

Just watching Question Time now....Nicola was excellent as I would expect. Jo Swinson, absolute car crash. Just watching Boris now, dont really care what he says to be honest.

Nicola Sturgeon is a credit to Scotland and miles ahead of any other party leader.

Boris is finished .

Corbyn just doesnt cut it.

Swinson got carried away.

I reckon if Nicola Sturgeon lead a UK party she would be prime and not first minister.

We really need to grow a pair and govern ourselves.

Sick of chipped shoulders blaming England.

Theres only one party that's credible and yes they are not perfect but they are trustworthy and competent.

Let's grow up and take responsibility .

And sort our own shit out.

Vote SNP.

They at least give us a voice that is from our perspective.