Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Clerry Jambo
3 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Are you? For the record I’ve been reluctantly coming round to the view that he needs to go for a wee while now, but just never voiced an opinion on here either way...until today. 

There are are many on here that have had an anti Levein agenda for too long, perhaps you thought I was one of them. I can assure you I’m not. 

...and finally, I ****ing loved the result on Saturday. What a difference it made to my weekend. But the problem (as I see it) is that these decent performances seem peppered through a sea of turgid, pedestrian shite. 

Just my view tho ??

I’m on your bus Mr S

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 hour ago, c41rns said:

So I’ve just been told some gossip, here goes: 

CL will step aside at end of season. Health issues being a reason and retiring to Spain. 

Austin McPhee to take over. 

Craig Gordon returning as player coach with an other ex player returning as back room staff (source didn’t recognise name - possibly Gary Naismith but that was my guess)

Source heard from and is a close friend of someone in current set up. 

Not it sure if already posted or true. 

There you have it. 

Please no

1 hour ago, c41rns said:

So I’ve just been told some gossip, here goes: 

CL will step aside at end of season. Health issues being a reason and retiring to Spain. 

Austin McPhee to take over. 

Craig Gordon returning as player coach with an other ex player returning as back room staff (source didn’t recognise name - possibly Gary Naismith but that was my guess)

Source heard from and is a close friend of someone in current set up. 

Not it sure if already posted or true. 

There you have it. 

Did that unrecognisable name sound like "Resley", "Dressley", something like that?

::troll::

24 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Why does a new manager always have to have a hearts 

Connection this is what holds us back

Always?  What do you mean by always.  There have been more without any connection.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Levein back as DoF, Nielson back as head coach, both on long term deals prior to club being handed over to FoH ownership. Heard it here first. 

And heard it here last, hopefully.

Typical of Craig, tactical failure in Glasgow yet again. Then tries to shift his failings from the media spotlight by publicly ripping  Vanecek up for not being at the required standard and at the same time conveniently forgets who signed him. Previous patterns of this behaviour throughout the season with Garrucio another favourite pastime for Levein. Excellent man management skills!

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cool.

Another Levein thread.

?

He's got a point though. There's not much else to discuss at the moment.

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Genuinely not sure if serious given Hibs in two days and a semi final next Saturday! 

I cant believe anyone thinks another Levein thread is needed.   The sooner people get into their stubborn brains that he is going no where until the end of the season at the earliest the better for everyone. 

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Only a derby and a SC semi-final.

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cool.

Another Levein thread.

?

Yep, you could be forgiven for thinking that the guy is becoming very unpopular within the support.

A manager should never slate his players in public imo. It’s becoming a trait with Levein, very disappointing.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, smiler said:

A manager should never slate his players in public imo. It’s becoming a trait with Levein, very disappointing.

Totally agree with this ! He's ripped the guy in public when should've been done behind closed doors in my opinion 

Independence
31 minutes ago, Dennis Law said:

Typical of Craig, tactical failure in Glasgow yet again. Then tries to shift his failings from the media spotlight by publicly ripping  Vanecek up for not being at the required standard and at the same time conveniently forgets who signed him. Previous patterns of this behaviour throughout the season with Garrucio another favourite pastime for Levein. Excellent man management skills!

Yawn..get a life!!

16 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Genuinely not sure if serious given Hibs in two days and a semi final next Saturday! 

I cant believe anyone thinks another Levein thread is needed.   The sooner people get into their stubborn brains that he is going no where until the end of the season at the earliest the better for everyone. 

15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Only a derby and a SC semi-final.

How do you see them going?

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

The narrowest of narrow victories in both. Skin of teeth stuff. 

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

The narrowest of narrow victories in both. Skin of teeth stuff. 

I wish i was as positive as you. 

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I wish i was as positive as you. 

That’s as positive as I get right now. 

Captain Canada

His comments after the game were a joke. I have zero managerial experience but I posted on another thread last night why his tactics were wrong before kickoff and it panned out exactly as I described unfortunately. 

It's a huge concern if he thought Wighton and Clare would hold the ball in and ease the pressure on the defence. 

He's had the opportunity to bring in cover for Uche and signed a guy who isn't capable of getting fit. Plan A is completely predictable and there's no Plan B, despite him having free reign to reshape the squad how he wants to. 

He doesn't seem to want to learn from his mistakes either, just write games off because one or two players are injured. 

It's hard to make a case for him staying on when he is so set in his ways - ways that are achieving more poor results and performances than good ones. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Brighton Jambo
24 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Won’t be pretty but I honestly believe we will win both.  

12 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

His comments after the game were a joke. I have zero managerial experience but I posted on another thread last night why his tactics were wrong before kickoff and it panned out exactly as I described unfortunately. 

It's a huge concern if he thought Wighton and Clare would hold the ball in and ease the pressure on the defence. 

He's had the opportunity to bring in cover for Uche and signed a guy who isn't capable of getting fit. Plan A is completely predictable and there's no Plan B, despite him having free reign to reshape the squad how he wants to. 

He doesn't seem to want to learn from his mistakes either, just write games off because one or two players are injured. 

It's hard to make a case for him staying on when he is so set in his ways - ways that are achieving more poor results and performances than good ones. 

This is exactly the situation right now.

Wonder if he's already decided to leave based on his health scare.  I doubt that.  I had a minor heart condition too and I was fit as a fiddle after a few weeks.  It Is tested every 6 months and it's as strong as a horse.  I've even been withdrawn from ongoing medication.

Doesnt mean levein is the same but I doubt if his health is a factor.  If we lose the next two games, I think he'll be shown the door at the end of the season.  If we win them, I think he'll be staying and i think that's a mistake.

53 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

2-1 for us, in each game.

5 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Are you? For the record I’ve been reluctantly coming round to the view that he needs to go for a wee while now, but just never voiced an opinion on here either way...until today. 

There are are many on here that have had an anti Levein agenda for too long, perhaps you thought I was one of them. I can assure you I’m not. 

...and finally, I ****ing loved the result on Saturday. What a difference it made to my weekend. But the problem (as I see it) is that these decent performances seem peppered through a sea of turgid, pedestrian shite. 

Just my view tho ??

Pretty much the same way as I see it now. 

Have stuck up for Levein for a long time but I am getting tired of it, it needs refreshed and someone with new ideas in. It was obvious before the game even started last night that he had put the wrong team out.

1874Gorgie1874

If he leaves we will probably end getting another average manager rather than going for a top manager

8 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

If he leaves we will probably end getting another average manager rather than going for a top manager.

We’re extremely unlikely to attract applications from Mourinho, Guardiola, Kloppe and the likes though tbh.

16 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

And if he wins both?

All will be forgiving and he’ll be in charge next season cos you ain’t gonna sack a manager that gets top six and a cup final!

1874Gorgie1874
12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

We’re extremely unlikely to attract applications from Mourinho, Guardiola, Kloppe and the likes though tbh.

If that’s the case then budge oot 

Top 6 is an amazing achievement. Just goes to show that,  given the right manager, and the right application, we can definitely avoid a relegation battle. This will no doubt push our season ticket sales beyond 14k surely.

I don't get all this eyebleeding football, and he doesn't know what he's doing nonsense. If you focus on the pitch, concentrate, and have 6 or 7 pints before the game, it's actually not that bad.

I think I remember leveins United teams getting off to good starts to the season before collapsing half way through. I'm not going to do my research to prove it though. Might just be made up shite.

24 minutes ago, Morgan said:

That's the problem Morgan.  It's always a gamble.  I certainly want one who learns to hate hibs and treats the OF with total disdain.  Someone of real character but not Yogi.  He loves Hibs and at least one half of the OF.

Wouldn't burst into tears if Sergio returned with the 2 amigos.

10 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m bored with the threads you start. 

Me too....!

kingantti1874
56 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I think I remember leveins United teams getting off to good starts to the season before collapsing half way through. I'm not going to do my research to prove it though. Might just be made up shite.

They were pretty consistently 3rd/4th. And even though he wasn’t around for the final it was a shoe in win against Ross county. 

I wonder if peter Houston was a bigger influence than I thought. 

1 hour ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

If that’s the case then budge oot 

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

That's the problem Morgan.  It's always a gamble.  I certainly want one who learns to hate hibs and treats the OF with total disdain.  Someone of real character but not Yogi.  He loves Hibs and at least one half of the OF.

Yogi?  How the Hell did that moron come into this?  :sad: 

And, agreed about Sergio. ?

11 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

I think if Levein does step down then the coaching team has to go too and allow the new manager a clean slate with his own coaching team.

It is just not going to happen!  Levein is Teflon at Tynecastle - I thought it a huge mistake that Budge made him a full Board Director as he wealds too much power.

Even If he steps down as Manager he will just go upstairs and control our football from there through coaches that dance to his tune.

I read that FoH want Budge to stay on and she will get the final say on all major decisions - that means Levein is here to stay.

Depressing.

Many reasons for him to leave

Spouts non stop crap 

Tinkering 

players out of position 

Terrible signings 

The most boring football I have ever seen

Hoof Ball

Tactically clueless 

No youth coming through

Bottle merchant 

Please go Craig you are totally lost out there 

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

All will be forgiving and he’ll be in charge next season cos you ain’t gonna sack a manager that gets top six and a cup final!

He wouldnt be sacked. Just return to DOF on a wave of glory as the lad who steadied the ship and then some.

buzzbomb1958
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He wouldnt be sacked. Just return to DOF on a wave of glory as the lad who steadied the ship and then some.

Can't return to DOF he will take a seat on the board,you will never get a decent manager with him at DOF he's done enough ****ing damage

25 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Can't return to DOF he will take a seat on the board,you will never get a decent manager with him at DOF he's done enough ****ing damage

So if he’s not DoF what function will he perform on the Board?

JamboGraham
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Win % rate in the league is almost identical to what we have now, both have balanced goals for and against...CL has managed to get a few % more draws compared to Sergio, Sergio has a higher % of losses. It’s pretty much like for like...

Not for me...leave Sergio in the legends lounge where he belongs...

Allowayjambo1874
2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Win % rate in the league is almost identical to what we have now, both have balanced goals for and against...CL has managed to get a few % more draws compared to Sergio, Sergio has a higher % of losses. It’s pretty much like for like...

Not for me...leave Sergio in the legends lounge where he belongs...

As has been said before though Sergio didn’t have his own players, he had to work with what he had and he managed during a period where Hearts players weren’t getting paid regularly. The record might be like for like but the circumstances definitely weren’t. 

JamboGraham
7 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

As has been said before though Sergio didn’t have his own players, he had to work with what he had and he managed during a period where Hearts players weren’t getting paid regularly. The record might be like for like but the circumstances definitely weren’t. 

Five clubs since us...barely 6 months at any of them without getting close to the point per match average he had with us, now earning his crust in the Persian Gulf Pro league. I love the guy but I don’t see how a reappointment will achieve anything other than to break the legend...

Might not not have been his signings but the squad was decent by SPL standards...he had Rudi Skacel for starters...

7 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Top 6 is an amazing achievement. Just goes to show that,  given the right manager, and the right application, we can definitely avoid a relegation battle. This will no doubt push our season ticket sales beyond 14k surely.

I don't get all this eyebleeding football, and he doesn't know what he's doing nonsense. If you focus on the pitch, concentrate, and have 6 or 7 pints before the game, it's actually not that bad.

:sarcasm:

Alex Kintner
8 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Spouts non stop crap 

Tinkering 

players out of position 

Terrible signings 

Hoof Ball

Tactically clueless 

No youth coming through

Bottle merchant 

:notsure:

8 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Spouts non stop crap 

Tinkering 

players out of position 

Terrible signings 

Hoof Ball

Tactically clueless 

No youth coming through

Bottle merchant 

No youth coming through ? 

i agree with every other one of your points but thats made up shite 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It is just not going to happen!  Levein is Teflon at Tynecastle - I thought it a huge mistake that Budge made him a full Board Director as he wealds too much power.

Even If he steps down as Manager he will just go upstairs and control our football from there through coaches that dance to his tune.

I read that FoH want Budge to stay on and she will get the final say on all major decisions - that means Levein is here to stay.

Depressing.

These are very much my thoughts, I have said it on here before, if Levein is not the manager next season we all know he will just be sat up the stairs in an office.  Rightly or wrongly, we will still blame him for everything.  Not sure I can handle another season of negativity around the club hierarchy.

Clerry Jambo

Gaffer looking for more flair next season. Cynic in me thinks season tickets on sale maybe slow bla bla

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Gaffer looking for more flair next season. Cynic in me thinks season tickets on sale maybe slow bla bla

I wonder if we'll get an update from the club today on sales so far Clerry?

Edited by innerjambo

He’s says we have flare players but don’t show enough in final third.  

Simple get them to stabd in the final final third rather than on the toes of the defenders. 

Doesht matter who we sign. If they are all instructed to sit back, they won’t do anything else than the players we have. 

Clerry Jambo
52 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I wonder if we'll get an update from the club today on sales so far Clerry?

Maybe still too early mate for season ticket updates but you never know 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic