Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

heartandsoul
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Levein is done, he is fresh out of ideas and his signing record is very very questionable.  He should personally refund every single fan who went tonight.

Come end of season, thank him for his efforts in getting the club back on its feet and show him the door, along with McPhee and Daly, we dont want anything to do with succession planning either.

This

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Cruyff Turn

Another one of those and he will be. It’s simply unacceptable to play any team in this league and not compete. 

Jambojames1874123

Aye Levein out because we’ve always beat rangers away from home historically. Unacceptable drop in standards. 

Robbo-Jambo
41 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

Can’t be any team in the league that so consistently gets hammered in Glasgow like we do.

Levein said it was a mistake sitting in v Celtic, that line-up tonight was designed to do nothing but, depressing stuff. 

Very true, we always get hammered in glasgow by those 2 and by celtic at tynecastle.when other so called weaker teams don't. It's truly embarrassing and that was the final straw tonight with the bizarre team selection and tactics. Levein has completely lost the plot and should do the right thing and walk. 

The Old Tolbooth
45 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I read somewhere Levein has One win in 19 in Glasgow. 

Criminal. 

Aye and that was probably against Partick! 

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, Jambojames1874123 said:

Aye Levein out because we’ve always beat rangers away from home historically. Unacceptable drop in standards. 

There's ways to lose. Having a go, showing ambition, or being organized & compact, showing leadership & cohesiveness.  

Tonight was so apathetic & weak willed.  No excuse for that. 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Aye and that was probably against Partick! 

Not this season anyway. 1-1 draw away :whistling:

My question to him would be did he actually think that the team he put out tonight was even capable of scoring a goal, never mind winning?

Craig Wighton leading the line for us is just a joke. Uche out and Vanacek can’t even get on the bench.

Farcical stuff. 

Jambojames1874123
Just now, Tennant's 6's said:

There's ways to lose. Having a go, showing ambition, or being organized & compact, showing leadership & cohesiveness.  

Tonight was so apathetic & weak willed.  No excuse for that. 

I agree with that to an extent but I think it’s always been the case against them away. It seems like it’s not even a competitive game and we just lie down...think that issue precedes Levein though and I have no idea why it happens. 

loveofthegame
7 minutes ago, Jambojames1874123 said:

Livi away was a sackable performance alone. Throw in Dundee, Livi and St Mirren at home since the winter shutdown, Motherwell, Partick and Hamilton away. Folk are not judging him on tonight alone FFS.

He is turning diehards away from the team. Myself included.

Edited by loveofthegame

Just now, Jambojames1874123 said:

I agree with that to an extent but I think it’s always been the case against them away. It seems like it’s not even a competitive game and we just lie down...think that issue precedes Levein though and I have no idea why it happens. 

It is completely shocking the way we approach playing in Glasgow. Hibs never seem to get the hammering we do and regularly pick up points.

Jambojames1874123
Just now, loveofthegame said:

Livi away was a sackable performance alone. Throw in Dundee, Livi and St Mirren at home since the winter shutdown, Motherwell and Hamilton away. Folk are not judging him on tonight alone FFS.

He is turning diehards away from the team. Myself included.

I know they aren’t judging him on tonight alone and I agree those performances were poor. It’s just tiring that a loss away to rangers, or any loss, brings up the Levein out conversation again and again. Find it slightly boring considering it’s unlikely he will get sacked. I’d expect us to get beat more than some other fans I think so there’s clearly a difference in standards between strands in the support. My main concern is that there isn’t a clear style of play or starting team. 

loveofthegame
Just now, Boab said:

With respect, mate, it was shite.

It was predicted to be shite

Seriously, stop it. 

I’ll defend Levein against obvious trolls but that tonight was garbage.

Am I a rodent ?

No you are not mate. Anyone that allows the mismanagement to go on without question is a bigger danger to the club than those who rightly call it out.

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Not this season anyway. 1-1 draw away :whistling:

Hailed as a success and a money spinning replay no doubt ?

2 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

No you are not mate. Anyone that allows the mismanagement to go on without question is a bigger danger to the club than those who rightly call it out.

Absolutely spot on!!

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

It is completely shocking the way we approach playing in Glasgow. Hibs never seem to get the hammering we do and regularly pick up points.

Mulraney was an absolute stand out on Saturday and yet finds himself dropped for tonight. 

Result? Play the entire game on the back foot. 

To be fair to Levein, he has actually mastered the art of being defensive and crap. No other manager comes close to what he has achieved with Hearts, and his record through in Glasgow is definitely one to be admired and proud of.

52 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

4 wins out of 48 games across both tenures.

I think that will be 49 tonight.

Safe to say he'll never learn then :lol: actually feel like a tit for bothering to watch that.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Mulraney was an absolute stand out on Saturday and yet finds himself dropped for tonight. 

Result? Play the entire game on the back foot. 

Carrying a knock and Saturday in mind I believe. 

Chuck Berry

“We were missing Uche who allows us to hold the ball up. He’s back on Saturday but we can’t just rely on one player. Maybe I’m asking people to do stuff they’re not capable of doing. I need another option next season when he’s not available.”

FFS...............

Nookie Bear
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Carrying a knock and Saturday in mind I believe. 

Did not hear that mentioned. 

Aberdeen and the Hobos and a few others can have a go at Deidco, but under CL Hearts are beaten before the team bus stops at Ayebrokes. CL lovers can spin it anyway they want but we are going backwards under him. 

6 minutes ago, Jambojames1874123 said:

I know they aren’t judging him on tonight alone and I agree those performances were poor. It’s just tiring that a loss away to rangers, or any loss, brings up the Levein out conversation again and again. Find it slightly boring considering it’s unlikely he will get sacked. I’d expect us to get beat more than some other fans I think so there’s clearly a difference in standards between strands in the support. My main concern is that there isn’t a clear style of play or starting team. 

The problem is that Levein only has one style of play - everybody back then lump it up to a big centreforward.

With Uche out and Vanecek nowhere to be seen he is left clueless.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

“We were missing Uche who allows us to hold the ball up. He’s back on Saturday but we can’t just rely on one player. Maybe I’m asking people to do stuff they’re not capable of doing. I need another option next season when he’s not available.”

FFS...............

Whats wring with McLean, Wighton, Keena or Vanacek?

He is floundering for answers and praying he stumbles across another De Vries. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did not hear that mentioned. 

Convenient excuse?

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The problem is that Levein only has one style of play - everybody back then lump it up to a big centreforward.

With Uche out and Vanecek nowhere to be seen he is left clueless.

Exactly. Without a big bulldozer up front he doesn't know anything else.

Nookie Bear
Just now, To Be Frank said:

Five points off 3rd place with six games to play and a potential cup final is far from “beyond defensible”

This mantra gets downgraded every couple of games. We have slipped since Naismith’s injury and dropped an alarming number of points on our rivals. 

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Convenient excuse?

Or simple fact given it was mentioned over the past couple of days Mulraney was struggling with a knock? ??‍♂️

pettigrewsstylist

Will take a cup win to convince me he should be considered for next yr. Not an easy thing to admit.

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If it finishes three nowt Craig will be pleased as punch we went 40mins without conceding a goal. A really frustrating manager to have in charge.

That no doubt will be his thinking. I have to  laugh at the number of fans coming out the woodwork now wanting him out. Their loyalty is commendable but truth is Levein should have been emptied after that 5-0 drubbing from livi. He has wasted a season and remarkably assuming we beat Inverness one lucky game from winning a trophy! He plays to the crowd with sound bites about the Hibs to keep the dafties onside as a diversion for his management failings.

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

“Killing the club”

:cornette:

How is not moaning on an internet forum killing the club?

Five points off 3rd place with six games to play and a potential cup final is far from “beyond defensible”

So easily pleased, its tragic.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This mantra gets downgraded every couple of games. We have slipped since Naismith’s injury and dropped an alarming number of points on our rivals. 

We were eight points behind Killie and even further behind Aberdeen a month ago?

20 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Sorry but its rodents like yourself and the now very small minority that are killing this club. The arseholes who are happy to accept the odd win against Hibs as success. 

Only reasons to continually defend what is going on is delusion, your a paid employee of the club or a relation to the manager. 

The situation is now beyond defensible. 

It is tiresome bores such as you who are a laughing stock on both Hibs.net and this board.

Your level of knee-jerk over-reaction is quite staggering and you would think we were fighting relegation and had done sod all in the cup competitions.

Away and pick up those toys you tossed out your pram. ?

Nookie Bear

We were eight points behind Killie and even further behind Aberdeen a month ago?

Would need to check but hold

my hands up if I’ve misread it. It feels to me we are losing touch with the teams we are trying to match. 

Alex Kintner
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

So easily pleased, its tragic.

Your post was ridiculous. Paying ST holders who are annoyed at the performance but not losing their shit on an internet forum are not “killing the club”

Get a grip of yourself ffs! 

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Would need to check but hold

my hands up if I’ve misread it. It feels to me we are losing touch with the teams we are trying to match. 

Us, Killie and Aberdeen have dropped a lot of points last two months and as a result Hibs have caught us all up and Rangers have moved away from us.

We were closer to Rangers than Killie and Aberdeen a couple of months ago

Edited by To Be Frank

Your post was ridiculous. Paying ST holders who are annoyed at the performance but not losing their shit on an internet forum are not “killing the club”

Get a grip of yourself ffs! 

You have to give him credit, he was equally childish with his tantrums a year ago before he went into hiding.  At least in that he is consistent.

Captain Canada

That starting lineup tonight didn't stand a chance. Same old approach, same old result. 

18 players signed this season but we're still lacking a midfield hard man such as Adao and wingers who can beat a man and cross accurately. 

All these CL signings have been hugely disappointing or rarely played: Vanecek, Amankwaa, Wighton, Lee, Edwards, MacLean, Shaugnessy, Mitchell and while I'm a fan of Clare in general, he's not doing enough consistently. 

Beating Aberdeen was great and I think we'll do the same to the hobos this Saturday, but it's just papering over the obvious cracks. 

It's not working. And while there's no doubting Levein's passion for the club, it's not in anyone's best interests to have season after season with the same glaring inadequacies. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

It is tiresome bores such as you who are a laughing stock on both Hibs.net and this board.

Your level of knee-jerk over-reaction is quite staggering and you would think we were fighting relegation and had done sod all in the cup competitions.

Away and pick up those toys you tossed out your pram. ?

Problem is we get the opposite knee-jerk reaction to a good win over Aberdeen. Crowing threads about shutting up the haterz, endless chat about how “Mr” Levein is here to stay and has it under control and that we will be better next season etc etc 

Four days later, it’s business as usual in Glasgow and we may as well have McGinn in the dugout. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

10 wins, 5 draws, 11 defeats since the league cup semi final.

2 of those wins v lower league teams in the cup. 

Terrible form and many dire performances to go with it. 

You could say a simple, little swing of 3, 4 less defeats replaced by wins makes a big difference to the league campaign but our record is what it is for a reason. 

What we are serving up on the park won’t change the trend anytime soon.

Edited by Debut 4

Whilst I agree that a Hearts manager will never truly be judged based on results in Glasgow, it is sad to think that we as football fans cannot be aspirational - we should always aspire to compete at the very best level.

Perhaps not realistic tonight given the personnel missing but aside from tonight  some serious questions need to be answered - the list of which is growing - recruitment? man management? patterns of play? preferred formation? Future for our youngsters? (eg shaughnessy picked ahead of one of our own homegrown) - I could go on...

We are 90 minutes away from a cup final - these opportunities don’t come around often for us - do we stand a better chance of winning this game with someone else at the helm? Having endured the last 5 months I would say yes. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Problem is we get the opposite knee-jerk reaction to a good win over Aberdeen. Crowing threads about shutting up the haterz, endless chat about how “Mr” Levein is here to stay and has it under control and that we will be better next season etc etc 

Four days later, it’s business as usual in Glasgow and we may as well have McGinn in the dugout. 

To be fair, those of us that haven't lost their shit are sick of the constant abuse aimed at our club from the same bunch of saddos who make demands that Levein goes if we lose the next game, .. so we take great pleasure in sticking it right up them when we win.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Debut 4 said:

10 wins, 5 draws, 11 defeats since the league cup final.

You could say a simple, little swing of 3, 4 less defeats replaced by wins makes a big difference to the league campaign but our record is what it is for a reason. 

What pisses me off is, when we get it right like we did v Aberdeen, we are bloody good. I came away on Saturday wondering if I had got it wrong. 

We just cant sustain it. Too many changes - some enforced - and a mentality that lets the opposition settle all too easily. 

If Beaton hadn’t annoyed us on Saturday I doubt we would have been so vibrant and aggressive. 

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

10 wins, 5 draws, 11 defeats since the league cup final.

It’s fine margins both ways. Two more defeats and we’d possibly be bottom six. Two more wins and we’d be sitting 3rd. Very frustrating as Killie and Aberdeen have hit the skids since Christmas and were there for the taking.

buzzbomb1958
13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

“Killing the club”

:cornette:

How is not moaning on an internet forum killing the club?

Papering over the cracks doesn't count 

Alex Kintner
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

What pisses me off is, when we get it right like we did v Aberdeen, we are bloody good. I came away on Saturday wondering if I had got it wrong. 

We just cant sustain it. Too many changes - some enforced - and a mentality that lets the opposition settle all too easily. 

If Beaton hadn’t annoyed us on Saturday I doubt we would have been so vibrant and aggressive. 

I wish there hadn’t been a midweek card and we’d went straight into the derby after Saturday.

Alex Kintner
Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

Papering over the cracks doesn't count 

Doesn’t count as what?

1 minute ago, Jambo83x said:

Whilst I agree that a Hearts manager will never truly be judged based on results in Glasgow, it is sad to think that we as football fans cannot be aspirational - we should always aspire to compete at the very best level.

Perhaps not realistic tonight given the personnel missing but aside from tonight  some serious questions need to be answered - the list of which is growing - recruitment? man management? patterns of play? preferred formation? Future for our youngsters? (eg shaughnessy picked ahead of one of our own homegrown) - I could go on...

We are 90 minutes away from a cup final - these opportunities don’t come around often for us - do we stand a better chance of winning this game with someone else at the helm? Having endured the last 5 months I would say yes. 

We won't be getting a new manager in before the new season even if we were considering it, and wouldn't be able to secure one before those key games anyway.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic