• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Just now, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I think the difference was a couple of quick players that know how to score. 

Not the kind of player that we look for unfortunately.

Mcnultys sublime pass for the 1st and the build up to the 2nd 

5 or 6 seconds off creativity were the difference 

Something we can only dream off in this team 

Nelly Terraces

Craig Levein interviewed in radio Scotland:

"I was happy with our performance".

Were you aye Craig? What a fecking welt.

Just now, kimosavi said:

Too true 

Central Belt 1874
10 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Budge has stated she expects a minimum of 4th in the league.  If we finish below that then I think she would have to act

Has she not said this previously and didn't act?

A major concern of mine is Budge not acting or who she might appoint next.

allystrachan

I think the worst (home) game this season was the  latest 0-0 vs livi. Thrown points away all season long by not being able to score goals. 

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Remember folks, i8 says he doesn’t really care about Hearts anymore.

Hes slightly more melodramatic than most of us but deep down I’m sure he cares. 

His constant bleating (sorry i8) is far less alarming than those who seem intent on defending levein on a regular basis. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
1 minute ago, allystrachan said:

I think the worst (home) game this season was the  latest 0-0 vs livi. Thrown points away all season long by not being able to score goals. 

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You forgot the glorious 0-0s at home to Livingston.

The 1-1 draw v Raith Rovers

True! Not sure what it’s going to take for Levein, to go maybe relegation?

SuperstarSteve

Atleast that puts the health rumour to bed. 

Players take their chances it's a different game. 

We played well today just wasn't to be. 

6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Maybe get yourself along more often to Easter Road. You seem to have a liking for them ?

1874Gorgie1874

Any idiots still defending this clown? He should be sacked and anybody within the club that can’t see that should do one as well. 

Famous 1874

We're going backwards under the Budge and Levein plan.

Truly un-defendable now. Should have been sacked with the humiliation at Livi. Anyone who doesn't see that is quite frankly blind. 

30 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I am always a bit suspicious of someone with such a low post count after a derby defeat,Can anyone else confirm what Levein is alleged to have said?

Pretty much what the poster said word for word. 

Happy with the performance. Doesn't know where the Spain rumours have come from as doesn't even like Spain. Focus on next week and will be here for a while yet.

He Also said we had chances at 1-0 to go 2 up when we didn't. 

tolcross lad
14 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

It's cool. I'm sure someone with more posts will confirm it soon enough. 

Yes you were right enough.His statement and how he dealt with the interview was unwise .he gave the impression that he was untouchable.Thats serious stuff to me and should be to Ann Budge.He should be shown the door.

BOBTHEBRUCE
9 minutes ago, janjo1874 said:

Need someone with more posts to post that to be fair. 

Think you've edited it.  lol

StevenNaismith

I like Craig on a personal level but my viewpoint as a Hearts fan is that he needs to go. We need to show the board that we want change and the only way to do that is voting with our feet. The next game against Rangers is live on the TV, boycott the game and watch it on the TV. They may already have our season ticket money but we need to do something to show our dismay. The football is awful, all we do is launch it to Uche and hope he does something. Embarrassing tactics every week and yet all our youth teams play terrific pass and move football. Time to go Craig.

2 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I also thought we played well today against the most defence minded Hibs team I’ve seen in a while. Only thing bugging me was we run out of ideas when we went behind and our crossing was poor. Possibly time for fresh ideas coach wise at the end of season. Problem is a lot on here shouting for change but not many names given.

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 minute ago, tolcross lad said:

Yes you were right enough.His statement and how he dealt with the interview was unwise .he gave the impression that he was untouchable.Thats serious stuff to me and should be to Ann Budge.He should be shown the door.

Well cheers. Now you know i'm not a shite talker. 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

"Well"

That includes chances taken. And not hoofing it all game and crossing the ball in when 1 guy is in the box and there's two of them, and with no pace either

Hibs, to be fair to them showed attacking intent. They are a team going somewhere (until they lose the guy from Genoa), team spirit wise too. Some of our players forget we are a team, 

Kirky Jambo
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

I like Craig on a personal level but my viewpoint as a Hearts fan is that he needs to go. We need to show the board that we want change and the only way to do that is voting with our feet. The next game against Rangers is live on the TV, boycott the game and watch it on the TV. They may already have our season ticket money but we need to do something to show our dismay. The football is awful, all we do is launch it to Uche and hope he does something. Embarrassing tactics every week and yet all our youth teams play terrific pass and move football. Time to go Craig.

I have the same view, but if we win the semi I think we could do with some real momentum in the run up to the final, and would want a packed tynie.

if we lose the semi final (unfortunately feels like a real possibility) then I think the stands will be half empty for the post split games

That's it, if Levein's staying then I'm off, no other team anywhere would tolerate a manager with such a dismal record, I will not be back until there is a real manager with a proven track record in that dugout.

Slow, predictable and no plan B. 

Just heard the radio interview and he said we played well. ?

The team is drilled to play a certain way and nothing else. Shit management. 

pettigrewsstylist
30 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Our last 23 league games:

0-0 v Hibs

0-5 v Celtic

0-1 v Killie

0-2 v St Mirren

1-2 v Rangers

2-2 St Johnstone

1-0 v Motherwell

0-5 v Livingston

0-2 v Aberdeen

2-0 v Hamilton

1-0 v Hibs

1-2 v Dundee

2-0 v St Johnstone

2-1 v Kilmarnock

0-0 v Livingston

1-2 v Motherwell

1-1 v St Mirren

1-2 v Celtic

1-0 V Dundee

0-1 v Hamilton

2-1 v Aberdeen

0-3 v Rangers

1-2 v Hibs

23 games, 7 wins (30%),  4 draws, 12 defeats (52%).

1.1 points per game.

19 goals for (0.8 per game),  34 goals against (1.5 per game), and a goal difference of -15.

18(?) players signed.

Utterly appalling football, absent of any quality, throughout.

Last season his record was 34 games, 11 wins (32%), 12 draws and 11 defeats (32%).

1.3 points per game.

36 goals for (1.1 per game),  33 goals against (1.0 per game), and a goal difference of +3.

Aside from a wee two-month purple patch at the start of the season we've consistently been ****ing terrible under Levein. Terrible to watch and nothing to show for it.

You'd have to be a masochist for wanting this to continue.

Bar 2-3 games in the purple patch it was dour to watch also

On 23/02/2019 at 17:32, PnG said:

I feel things will need to get a lot worse before we see the back of Levein.

He may step aside after a few more woeful results like today but he'll just hide in the office again and nothing on the pitch will change.

My prediction is we'll see the kind of unrest from supporters like the pieman days. He is too arrogant and stubborn to call it a day and Budge is too naive in a football sense to see whats happening in front of her. Its always been my opinion we're onto a loser with Levein. He has to go.

Miss 'love everything as long as they are not old school jambos' Queen Budge will welcome any nice person next.

Wr are ****ed.

1 minute ago, Bauldrick said:

That's it, if Levein's staying then I'm off, no other team anywhere would tolerate a manager with such a dismal record, I will not be back until there is a real manager with a proven track record in that dugout.

Not even the Final ?

AlphonseCapone
16 minutes ago, janjo1874 said:

At touch of the Cathro there the way he's almost laughing at the situation. Safe to say not many Hearts fans laughing. 

Wasn't that convinced that he's convinced he'll be here next year when asked that directly the second time. Just mumbles about being focused. 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Not even the Final ?

Chances are that it will be Celtic in the Final, Aberdeen are usually very poor against them. If we do actually manage to squeeze past Inverness next week then there could be another smacking on the way.

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Miss 'love everything as long as they are not old school jambos' Queen Budge will welcome any nice person next.

Wr are ****ed.

Member-berries.png

ToadKiller Dog
5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I also thought we played well today against the most defence minded Hibs team I’ve seen in a while. Only thing bugging me was we run out of ideas when we went behind and our crossing was poor. Possibly time for fresh ideas coach wise at the end of season. Problem is a lot on here shouting for change but not many names given.

We ran out of ideas every time the oposition has equalised or took the lead at Tynecastle then parked the bus, its been a constant all season. 

Levein has not worked it out at all. 

Not happy with his comments a wee bit of a **** you to the support. 

He is stackable and a point is coming where he will move back up stairs sooner than later is my guess. 

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

At touch of the Cathro there the way he's almost laughing at the situation. Safe to say not many Hearts fans laughing. 

Wasn't that convinced that he's convinced he'll be here next year when asked that directly the second time. Just mumbles about being focused. 

Yep, doesn't seem too bothered. Watch Brian Rice's interview when Hamilton got beat heavily the other week and compare it to Levein's today. Say no more.

Edited by jambonian

It seems to me that the only thing that will get Mrs Budge to sack him would be empty seats, lots of empty seats and the way he's running the show that;s on the horizon for next season I'm sorry to say. 

Just now, jambonian said:

Chances are that it will be Celtic in the Final, Aberdeen are usually very poor against them. If we do actually manage to squeeze past Inverness next week then there could be another smacking on the way.

Could be !

I hope plenty do boycott the Final as it will mean more room for me to stretch out. I plan on being pished !

( I suspect we are all ata bit miffed and will show for a Cup Final ! )

Scott980612

Ridiculous comparison... maybe so but there are similarities.

Arsene wenger was at one the time one of greatest managers in the world and brought much success to Arsenal , although in his latter years he divided a support and should have went before he did. He will always be seen as a club legend but certainly his latter few years , tarnished his reputation 

Levein has had no silverware with hearts and has moderate success ( 3rd place finishes/European campaigns)but he is a club legend , he was a fantastic footballer and he is a hearts man through & through but he is now dividing a support and for the good off everyone he needs to go.

Both stubborn personalities - yes. 

Both have one style of football regardless the opposition and unwilling to change - yes. 

Both seen as club legends - yes but the longer results & performances the more their “ legend “ status is tarnished.  

Both made far too many poor signings - yes.   

Both records against the top teams away from home appalling - yes  

Both seemed to have the safest job in football regardless of results - yes 

Both managers have seen their clubs go through transition periods - ( Highbury to Emirates / the new levein/ budge era and main stand) and have maintained reasonable stability 

Throughout these stages, but it comes a time that a change is required and the club needs to go in a new direction. 

We need new management. 

New players  

New brand of football  

New footballing Philosophy   

New signing policy   

Regardless of how the rest of the season goes - he needs to go at the end of this season. Put your notice in tonight and say your going at the end of the season.  

Levein is a proud ,passionate man , no one can question that , and for the good of his own health is another reason he should go.

We have a Scottish cup semi final next and a great opportunity to reach the final,   

The final is a one of game where anything can happen and as unlikely as it is , I would love Levein to get that silverware and bow out truly as a hearts legend.

Craig Levein will leave after we win the cup, we won't win anymore league games though so there will be no papering over the cracks come August, win the cup, wipe the slate clean.

JTJ east whitburn
Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

just back from the game, had a coffee and a think,  we played well today, if we had taken our clear cut chances ,we would have won this game easily, however we didn't they had 3 attempts on target and scored twice, lets keep calm , move onto next week and get behind the team 

Think it's time for a root and branch clear out of the footballing side of things . 

Manager , coaching staff and scouting system . 

Our basic skill levels and tactics are very poor for a top flight team . 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Could be !

I hope plenty do boycott the Final as it will mean more room for me to stretch out. I plan on being pished !

( I suspect we are all ata bit miffed and will show for a Cup Final ! )

It will be a sell out anyway. Would still expect a bit of a doing off them at their "second" home though.

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, janjo1874 said:

You’ll be fine there as I’m sure there are bookies there.

Seymour M Hersh

We need a small fabulously wealthy oil rich country to buy us then we can be like Citeh! 

It’s a bit sad when a great Hearts player like CL thinks he is the answer to all footballing matters at Hearts when everyone else can see he’s now making an absolute erse of himself. His interview on Radio after the game sounded like Alan Partridge. If he wants to retain any vestige of dignity he should go at end of season.

Austin MacGlee
1 hour ago, GlasgowHMFC23 said:

He needs to go at the end of the season.  We were 11 points ahead of Hibs in February, yet we're now  2 points behind and look favourites to finish 6th. It's unacceptable.

A disgusting Hibs-hibs-like arse collapse collapse since Nov. No excuses (injuries and all) for the slide down the table. League split came at the right time for us but I'm not looking forward to trips to Fester and Pittodrie etc. Scunnert and just want the season to end asap so we can start again with someone new.

It's over. He should walk now. Totally unacceptable since the restart. We've chucked an 11 point lead over Hibs total Embarresment. Even 6th and the Scottish isn't enough to save him imo

cardboardcutout

Beating an average hibs side today would not have altered the fact we are not any where near the standard our fanbase and financial input deserve!

Well Craig Levein said we'd see a different Hearts team today and he was right. Now we all know that if it was any other manager he'd be sacked but because Ann Budge needs CL for advice regarding football matters he gets away with the dire shambolic football that makes all of our fans want to scream.

We want rid of Levein and his Bootroom and nothing less will do.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic