Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They are clearly useless too

Yes but they are being lead under Levein. We're not going to find a new manager for the semi next weekend, but I think the team will benefit from Levein not being around anymore.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, cruzabic said:

We were the better team...it happens, you lose games you shouldn't...

First half maybe. Second half was predictable guff. 

That’s me done.

I won’t abuse the man but it’s now got to the stage where we could win the cup and I’d still want him replaced.

BOBTHEBRUCE
10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

What was the question he was asked?

He was basically told that some of the fans are wanting change and if he plans on being here next season.

He said that he doesn't know where that is coming from and that he will be here a while yet. 

He was then asked again if he'll be here next season and he said he will. Made a joke about not even liking spain. 

Also said that he was happy with the performance.

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

1 minute ago, kila said:

Yes but they are being lead under Levein. We're not going to find a new manager for the semi next weekend, but I think the team will benefit from Levein not being around anymore.

Looking at player fitness, passing and movement and knowing that levein only gets involved later in the week the coaching team are equally if not more culpable than the manager!

GlasgowHMFC23

He needs to go at the end of the season.  We were 11 points ahead of Hibs in February, yet we're now  2 points behind and look favourites to finish 6th. It's unacceptable.

William H. Bonney
Just now, Ribble said:

Looking at player fitness, passing and movement and knowing that levein only gets involved later in the week the coaching team are equally if not more culpable than the manager!

The whole lot needs punted. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

He was basically told that some of the fans are wanting change and if he plans on being here next season.

He said that he doesn't know where that is coming from and that he will be here a while yet. 

He was then asked again if he'll be here next season and he said he will. Made a joke about not even liking spain. 

Cheers ?

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

If we lose to Inverness, that should be his last game.

If we lose to ICT that will be his last game and I support Levein, how we lost that game today, I will never know  ?

Walter Bishop

Anyone who had any doubts or were in support of Levein have now hopefully seen the light. 

One plan, it worked fr 25 minutes, Then Hibs score and for me only one winner after that. You cant play football based on chance, because that is our game plan. Hit it to Uche and hope to play off second balls, if you dont win the 2nd balls your F******. 

Hibs 2nd goal showed what we don`t have, creativity. 

Just now, Ribble said:

Depends what they are implementing. But I'm not defending them, i want a clear out too. I was just saying if Levein were to go right now, who should take charge v Inverness? Would Fox be a good decision?

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

The whole lot needs punted. 

I agree but if the manager is seen as unsackable by budge and won’t go of his own volition then the only option is to improve the coaching staff!

tolcross lad
2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I am always a bit suspicious of someone with such a low post count after a derby defeat,Can anyone else confirm what Levein is alleged to have said?

1 minute ago, Jamdub said:

If we lose to ICT that will be his last game and I support Levein, how we lost that game today, I will never know  ?

I'm not convinced that it will be his last game if we lose.

Ann Budge has never said anything publicly that makes me think she has the heart to get rid of Craig Levein.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Depends what they are implementing. But I'm not defending them, i want a clear out too. I was just saying if Levein were to go right now, who should take charge v Inverness? Would Fox be a good decision?

Between now and the end of this season I doubt it would make any kind of difference tbh

Maroon Sailor

He won't get sacked.

He'll go if he thinks it's the right thing to do

brunoatemyhamster

If he announces tommorow that he's retiring at the end of the season, I'll give him it. Only because it's him. 

If he sticks this out, and we get emptied out the cup and finish 6th, then God help him. 

What a way for a club legend to go out. 

His ego is a massive problem for everyone. 

Have we had this weeks excuse from him yet, bet it will not be his fault?

Who's fault will it be this week, I thought Levein looked tired and disinterested/fed up again today in the interview before the game.

He looks like he could do with moving on, or being moved on.

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, tolcross lad said:

I am always a bit suspicious of someone with such a low post count after a derby defeat,Can anyone else confirm what Levein is alleged to have said?

Haha. Fair enough. 

I'm no liar mate. 

I may not of reported it word for word but it was close enough. 

cardboardcutout

read the comments by their manager, pretty much sums us up a big ponderous team that just throws bodies into the box!

Captain Canada

Putting Clare to right back for a while in the second half was a joke. He's not a winger or a full back. 

Bringing MacLean on in the 87th minute was another terrible decision. 

Everyone could see Gray was struggling for ages and we still persisted with punts up to Uche. 

He obviously loves the club and wants to do well but it's the same old story every time. The players today didn't have the quality needed in front of goal and that's been evident for a long time. 

Given his post-match comments today, he clearly feels he's untouchable. Time for Budge to take the decision out of his hands. 

Edited by Captain Canada

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Between now and the end of this season I doubt it would make any kind of difference tbh

Naismith and Fox taking charge until end of season might versus current setup, I still have blind belief we can win the cup

Edited by kila

2 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

If he announces tommorow that he's retiring at the end of the season, I'll give him it. Only because it's him. 

If he sticks this out, and we get emptied out the cup and finish 6th, then God help him. 

What a way for a club legend to go out. 

His ego is a massive problem for everyone. 

This.

Apparently wanted Cathro kept on and has now emulated/outdone his protege - and he's still here. Incredible state of affairs.  

highlandjambo3

I’m done........been on the fence for so long but no more, he should do the decent thing.....OUT...... announced Monday 

brunoatemyhamster
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

This.

Apparently wanted Cathro kept on and has now emulated/outdone his protege - and he's still here. Incredible state of affairs.  

I still think Cathro took his bullet. 

Absolutely nothing has changed since. 

Our last 23 league games:

0-0 v Hibs

0-5 v Celtic

0-1 v Killie

0-2 v St Mirren

1-2 v Rangers

2-2 St Johnstone

1-0 v Motherwell

0-5 v Livingston

0-2 v Aberdeen

2-0 v Hamilton

1-0 v Hibs

1-2 v Dundee

2-0 v St Johnstone

2-1 v Kilmarnock

0-0 v Livingston

1-2 v Motherwell

1-1 v St Mirren

1-2 v Celtic

1-0 V Dundee

0-1 v Hamilton

2-1 v Aberdeen

0-3 v Rangers

1-2 v Hibs

23 games, 7 wins (30%),  4 draws, 12 defeats (52%).

1.1 points per game.

19 goals for (0.8 per game),  34 goals against (1.5 per game), and a goal difference of -15.

18(?) players signed.

Utterly appalling football, absent of any quality, throughout.

Last season his record was 34 games, 11 wins (32%), 12 draws and 11 defeats (32%).

1.3 points per game.

36 goals for (1.1 per game),  33 goals against (1.0 per game), and a goal difference of +3.

Aside from a wee two-month purple patch at the start of the season we've consistently been ****ing terrible under Levein. Terrible to watch and nothing to show for it.

You'd have to be a masochist for wanting this to continue.

Forever Hearts
16 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

If we lose to Inverness, that should be his last game.

5-0 at Livi should've been his last game. 

Is Levein's 'principles of play' still a thing?

Square pegs in round holes... he's gone insane trying to prove it is possible, and the club is now really going backwards. 

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Craig Levein on Radio Scotland " I'll be here for a while yet"

What a walloper.

tolcross lad
5 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Haha. Fair enough. 

I'm no liar mate. 

I may not of reported it word for word but it was close enough. 

I am sorry its nothing personal but I wou;d still want it confirmed by at least one other.If what you say is accurate then Levein should be shown the door on Monday

Budge has stated she expects a minimum of 4th in the league.  If we finish below that then I think she would have to act

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

With 'Queen' Ann or loser Levein.

Yaaaaay ! Cheerio then . 

11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He won't get sacked.

His ego is far too big for him to think it's time to go.

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, tolcross lad said:

I am sorry its nothing personal but I wou;d still want it confirmed by at least one other.If what you say is accurate then Levein should be shown the door on Monday

It's cool. I'm sure someone with more posts will confirm it soon enough. 

If mrs budge is an astute business woman which I’m sure she is she will have to look at the bigger picture whether or not we like or no football is a business and if things are not right it will affect it. The manager is main culprit,unfortunately she will have to act and act soon a cup final will only paper over the cracks irrespective of what he/she says next weekend besides a cup final against Aberdeen and certainly Celtic will be brutal I’d rather not get get there than face that humiliation.

Yep. Time to **** off now craig. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Done being let down time after time now. 

Catch.

18 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

The arrogance of the man is unbelievable. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Hearts 0-1 Kilmarnock.

St Mirren 2-0 Hearts.

Hearts 1-2 Rangers.

Livingston 5-0 Hearts.

Hearts 1-2 Dundee.

Motherwell 2-1 Hearts.

Hearts 1-1 St Mirren.

Patrick Thistle 1-1 Hearts.

Hamilton 1-0 Hearts.

Hearts 1-2 Hibs.

Results this season have not been good enough. These in my opinion are all winnable games. I understand we can’t win them all but results to bottom 6 teams especially this season have been very poor and in my opinion costing us a top 4 spot. If this was any other manager they would have been sacked. Craig Levein’s, tactics are predicable and very outdated. If Ann Budge, doesn’t make a change in the summer then it’ll show just how spineless she is. We are a top 3/4 club and we will more than likely finish 6th this season when Levein, first came back to the club he was talking about challenging the old firm?. Levein must leave the club completely if we are to move forward and evolve as a club.

47 minutes ago, Cudworth23 said:

We should have Heckingbottom as our manager 

I’ve just watched the most defence minded Hibs team in years. How long do you think folk on here would give him ?

14 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

read the comments by their manager, pretty much sums us up a big ponderous team that just throws bodies into the box!

After today's display, it's hard to argue with that.

rudi must stay
29 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Smug as ****. What a

Watched him on the touchline. Absolutely no input from him or passion, that was all coming from MacPhee

I think it's about time he was promoted

17 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Prety accurate from what I heard

13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He won't get sacked.

Thats it though 

Why does Craig levein hold all the cards here?

Why is it upto craig to say when his time is up?

This is the catalytic problem at hearts 

This man is a director and best pals with the owner 

This gives him power,  no matter the results

It is now getting to the stage that the fans are being ignored by the owner. You are effectively now driving them to vote with their feet and fans will if they're ignored any longer 

In any other club format based on the last 23 games haul off 21 points the manager gets his jotters but not at hearts 

Why? 

Because Craig Levein has power in the boardroom 

Its lunacy 

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

I’ve just watched the most defence minded Hibs team in years. How long do you think folk on here would give him ?

I think the difference was a couple of quick players that know how to score. 

Not the kind of player that we look for unfortunately.

3rd season in a row I've wanted to end as quickly as possible. 

I'm ****ing done. This is pathetic. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic