Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Absolutely ****ing clueless.  Five to go and need a goal and he brings on MacLean?  FFS.  Just go, Craig.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

Beating an average hibs side today would not have altered the fact we are not any where near the standard our fanbase and financial input deserve!

I thought it was one of the poorest Hibs teams I have seen

Levein seems to think he is untouchable and Ann Budge seems to be completely in thrall to him.  But perhaps we can expect the non-executive directors (including those from FoH) to do their job and recommend the departures of particularly Levein and MacPhee.

5 years is more than long enough and the football department under Levein has failed.

Next week's next bye into the next round of the Cup shouldn't change that.

46 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Craig Levein will leave after we win the cup, we won't win anymore league games though so there will be no papering over the cracks come August, win the cup, wipe the slate clean.

Hes just said hes not going anywhere!

pettigrewsstylist

Its all about next week now. Cant see us getting more than 3-4 pts points during last 5 games.

We've played worse in derbies, & won. 

Time is up though. 

Win tne cup -or get tae ****

heartsfc_fan

Moving Sean Clare to right back was a horrible move. One of the few players who was providing a threat going forward.

Why not bring on Bozanic or Shaunessey and put them back there?

Fitzroy Pointon

I don't think we will win another game this season, including next week. 

It's an absolute piss take if he is here beyond pre season but unfortunately I think that's how it will be. The best we can hope for is that he moves back upstairs and McPhee or Daly are put in charge and we suddenly see a change in style. I doubt it though. 

Prepare for more duff signings, strikers who cant play or score, hoofball and injuries amongst other annoying things. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Dire second half. Time for Craig to go and let the club progress. We all deserve that given our loyalty to the club! 

Cut The Crap

On the bright side, today ensures that our slide down the league table is at an end. The only way is up. 

Sadly we we are (once again) going to be top six makeweights. Whipping boys for the teams with ambition.

And more of the same to come under this regime next season!

Yay!

John mcCartney
7 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Moving Sean Clare to right back was a horrible move. One of the few players who was providing a threat going forward.

indeed

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

I like Craig on a personal level but my viewpoint as a Hearts fan is that he needs to go. We need to show the board that we want change and the only way to do that is voting with our feet. The next game against Rangers is live on the TV, boycott the game and watch it on the TV. They may already have our season ticket money but we need to do something to show our dismay. The football is awful, all we do is launch it to Uche and hope he does something. Embarrassing tactics every week and yet all our youth teams play terrific pass and move football. Time to go Craig.

Fitzroy Pointon
9 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

We've played worse in derbies, & won. 

Time is up though. 

Win tne cup -or get tae ****

We won't win the cup. Should we get past ICT, Celtic will embarrass us in the final. 

Would actually be laughable watching us in a cup final given how absolutely terrible we have been. Imagine McLean coming on in a final when we're 4-0 down at Hampden. The poor janitors will have some job cleaning up the mess from the collective head explosions in the Hearts end. 

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, Coco said:

Levein seems to think he is untouchable and Ann Budge seems to be completely in thrall to him.  But perhaps we can expect the non-executive directors (including those from FoH) to do their job and recommend the departures of particularly Levein and MacPhee.

5 years is more than long enough and the football department under Levein has failed.

Next week's next bye into the next round of the Cup shouldn't change that.

It is not a bye by any means with our team. 

But I agree with your 1st paragraph, the way he talks you'd think he was Sir Alex Ferguson. That to mean also suggests a freedom he hasn't earned

Cruyff Turn

The target was 4th. We’re finishing 6th. A 5th place finish and he’d probably scrape a pass with a cup final but it’s not acceptable to finish 6th twice in a row. It’s the simple. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Since the departure of Neilson Levein has done absolutely woeful as director of football and now manager. 3 years of utter pish.

If we want to get to the Cup final, he has to go now. Genuinely fear the way we all feel right now will be repeated this time next Saturday. 

Poor tactics/team selection/feckless performance/spurned chances (if any at all) v. Fired up ICT performing out their skin has only one likely outcome. 

CL's removal and an emergency appointment would immediately improve our chances. 

I'm going, hope I'm wrong (obviously) but I fear not. 

Maroonblood22

One of the most sobering points from that interview - Levein seems to think he’s in control of when he leaves Hearts, not the other way around. 5 year plan and all that though!

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Since the departure of Neilson Levein has done absolutely woeful as director of football and now manager. 3 years of utter pish.

He’s a legend.

In his own mind.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

At touch of the Cathro there the way he's almost laughing at the situation. Safe to say not many Hearts fans laughing. 

Wasn't that convinced that he's convinced he'll be here next year when asked that directly the second time. Just mumbles about being focused. 

That’s very depressing to hear that interview and he doesn’t see what we see . He seems ok with 6 th AGAIN . I’m thinking we won’t win another league game this season. Next week it’s 50/50. Even if we loose he will stick around by the sound of things . Things are worse than I realised . Dinosaur ? 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Someone should start a new poll on Levein and when it inevitably says over 50% of an online forum wants him gone get it fired in to Tom English and he can ask him what he thinks of it. We need him to know that he's not wanted anymore.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, innerjambo said:

Craig Levein will look after Craig Levein......unfortunately.

This.

Cut The Crap

I’d rather hear Dr Budge’s assessment of the football department’s performance this season.

Where does she see progress compared to last season?

1 hour ago, Bauldrick said:

It seems to me that the only thing that will get Mrs Budge to sack him would be empty seats, lots of empty seats and the way he's running the show that;s on the horizon for next season I'm sorry to say. 

You're spot on 

When a chairmen continually ignores fans concerns then it will inevitably end in fans voting with their feet 

Ann will be fully aware the fans have turned on Craig, yet still buries her head in the sand 

Cathro was binned with a similar record to Craig. The fact Craig is a director is a massive thing here, and the fact him and Budge are so close

Levein is untouchable 

Levein is in total and full control of this club 

Ann takes care off bringing in money for Craig to spunk on player's and Levein runs the place with his massive Ego 

I know I am being ageist or sexist or whatevet fits someone's agenda at the time but as long as the granny and the dinosaur are at our club we will be losers.

Edited by i8hibsh

Me and my friend who,have had season tickets for years are not renewing unless there is a clear out. That includes Levein, Daly and McPhee. 

Its  not only the results its that the football makes our eyes bleeds. We don't enjoy coming. We need a total clear out. 

I have no doubt Levein has our club at heart but enough is enough. 

Walter Bishop

Budge`s silence on the performance of the manager and the team is deafening. Quick to come out with a statement when someone farts in the stadium but nothing at all from her on the shambles we have been for months now. 

12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Someone should start a new poll on Levein and when it inevitably says over 50% of an online forum wants him gone get it fired in to Tom English and he can ask him what he thinks of it. We need him to know that he's not wanted anymore.

Tom English saying on the radio that Levein is under severe pressure after this result and where we may finish this season.

Pretty scathing from all the pundits

10 minutes ago, Deek said:

Me and my friend who,have had season tickets for years are not renewing unless there is a clear out. That includes Levein, Daly and McPhee. 

Its  not only the results its that the football makes our eyes bleeds. We don't enjoy coming. We need a total clear out. 

Sadly same for me and my boy.  Levein's brutal brand of 'football' if you can even call it that has put my 6 year old off for life.

Not renewing ST's or perhaps a 1 month suspension of FOH dd's should be a last resort but it may have to come to that. While we're handing over the cash nothing will change. 

Previous posters have been slaughtered for suggesting such a move but the prospect of another season of CL is soul destroying. 

Me and my family not renewing either 

Just cannot be bothered watching the hearts anymore the football is like 80 s style with no John Robertson 

Absolute garbage we are 

I haven't enjoyed watching Hearts for quite a while now. Never wanted CL back at the club in the first place, I knew his football was lifeless and boring, but I hoped that it might change somehow. Just watch now as the fans begin to drift away and the numbers start to decline. 

Budge time to show your hand. The fans aren't happy, show us you are the leader you are made out to be!

Edited by TheStig

Change would be a really positive thing for the club. Interesting to see their manager change their tactics midway through the game and how quickly they moved the ball in transition. That is management and coaching in action. I sit behind their dugout and they remained calm throughout. Hibs look to be reacting positively to an almost anti Lennon approach. I think we have reasonable players who would perform better under a different coaching regime. 

52 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I know I am being ageist or sexist or whatevet fits someone's agenda at the time but as long as the granny and the dinosaur are at our club we will be losers.

The granny and the dinosaur, as labelled by the helmet.

14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Where are the Happy Clappers?

Rhythmically chanting "Levein  is god" before they launch their counter strike.:whistling:

50 minutes ago, Deek said:

I have said this for a few months now re my mindset...sad as I want to go, want to invest, and will continure re FoH but when all is said and done, its a statement of fact to say its not an enjoyable experience watching Hearts and hasnt been for a number of years...

Got tickets for Hampden but likelihood is I will watch on the box...

We are a joke on the park and have been for some time ??

53 minutes ago, Deek said:

You sir are spot on.

merseyjambo

Football managers have a shelf life. Arsene Wenger was seen as one of the great innovators when he first started at Arsenal but he stayed too long and his methods were overtaken, Jose Mourinho was the same. People now want guys like Klopp and Guardiola.

CL’s football style is outdated. 

What i cant understand about him is that when he played in a team with John Colquhoun as one of the best wingers that’s played in maroon, why he has done zero to get us a bit of quality in on the wing. Why sign a player like Wighton when we were crying out for a winger. 

Hopefully the silence from the Boardroom is a positive in that they’re not happy with his performance in the job and are ready to give him the curly finger

Jasonauskas
4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Change would be a really positive thing for the club. Interesting to see their manager change their tactics midway through the game and how quickly they moved the ball in transition. That is management and coaching in action. I sit behind their dugout and they remained calm throughout. Hibs look to be reacting positively to an almost anti Lennon approach. I think we have reasonable players who would perform better under a different coaching regime. 

Coaching you say?

Can’t figure out what the coaches bring to the team, it’s rarely evident on the pitch.

players would probably do better having a chat between themselves 15 minutes before kick off.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
5 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Budge time to show your hand. The fans aren't happy, show us you are the leader you are made out to be!

Not a chance of that. The fans are eternally grateful that we still have a club to support but that goodwill honeymoon period can realistically only last so long. Let’s face it-we’re not even likely to beat 1st division opposition now in a Scottish cup semi next week. Budge & the FOH MUST act to remove Levein from the club in the summer (or after next week) He has too much control of the footballing department. It has been (so far) a complete and utter mediocre failure with Levein as both manager and director of football. It isn’t working and there has been zero progress on the pitch for THREE entire seasons now, with an absolutely staggering amount of money wasted on poor signings. 

This IS reckless mismanagement from both the FOH and Budge regarding their apparent total disregard for the clubs on field performance. Yes the club is being well run off the pitch but we must start to loudly question why it is such a mess on the pitch and demand more. 

2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Football managers have a shelf life. Arsene Wenger was seen as one of the great innovators when he first started at Arsenal but he stayed too long and his methods were overtaken, Jose Mourinho was the same. People now want guys like Klopp and Guardiola.

CL’s football style is outdated. 

What i cant understand about him is that when he played in a team with John Colquhoun as one of the best wingers that’s played in maroon, why he has done zero to get us a bit of quality in on the wing. Why sign a player like Wighton when we were crying out for a winger. 

Hopefully the silence from the Boardroom is a positive in that they’re not happy with his performance in the job and are ready to give him the curly finger

But a director spoke earlier today! Said he thought Hearts played well today.

23 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I haven't enjoyed watching Hearts for quite a while now. Never wanted CL back at the club in the first place, I knew his football was lifeless and boring, but I hoped that it might change somehow. Just watch now as the fans begin to drift away and the numbers start to decline. 

Levein is sucking the life out of our club.

gashauskis9

Folk threatening to boycott a semi at Hampden...?

The same folk will be clambering for tickets to the final in a couple of weeks.  

Get a grip FFS.  

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Folk threatening to boycott a semi at Hampden...?

The same folk will be clambering for tickets to the final in a couple of weeks.  

Get a grip FFS.  

Not real Hearts fans, imo (and by that I mean they're not fans of Hearts at all, not they're not PHM).

Fitzroy Pointon
8 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Not a chance of that. The fans are eternally grateful that we still have a club to support but that goodwill honeymoon period can realistically only last so long. Let’s face it-we’re not even likely to beat 1st division opposition now in a Scottish cup semi next week. Budge & the FOH MUST act to remove Levein from the club in the summer (or after next week) He has too much control of the footballing department. It has been (so far) a complete and utter mediocre failure with Levein as both manager and director of football. It isn’t working and there has been zero progress on the pitch for THREE entire seasons now, with an absolutely staggering amount of money wasted on poor signings. 

This IS reckless mismanagement from both the FOH and Budge regarding their apparent total disregard for the clubs on field performance. Yes the club is being well run off the pitch but we must start to loudly question why it is such a mess on the pitch and demand more. 

Good post. Its frightening to think of how much money has been spunked on poor to average players.  The odd diamond like Naismith, Haring and Berra but on the whole we have spent a disgusting amount of money on absolute dross. 

Vanacek not even scouted properly? That is a piss take.  

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Exactly, WTF was that about.

We were 2-1 down, takes off Smith and moves an attacking player to right back.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic