Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

maroongoals
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That suggests to me that Levein will be involved in choosing his successor which, as a Director, he is entitled to do.

But does he then put his DoF hat back on and recommend Jon Daly as his successor?

That would be interesting!

I think thats what will happen,  if it does = no change.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Levein is never going to be sacked for getting beat in Glasgow - and as a single event on it's own that is the right thing

However I would LOVE to know why we never set out from the start to have a go. Killie, Aberdeen and Hibs all seem to be capable of putting in a decent shift in Glasgow. Maybe I'm somewhat fogged up there but it is how it SEEMS to me. And we start minute 1 like we are bowing down to them. Winds me up.

4 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Levein is never going to be sacked for getting beat in Glasgow - and as a single event on it's own that is the right thing

However I would LOVE to know why we never set out from the start to have a go. Killie, Aberdeen and Hibs all seem to be capable of putting in a decent shift in Glasgow. Maybe I'm somewhat fogged up there but it is how it SEEMS to me. And we start minute 1 like we are bowing down to them. Winds me up.

You don't know if they weren't. I'm certain the plan wasn't to give rangers 85% possession. We chased shadows because rangers were actually really good for the first half hour. We couldn't get near them. Nothing to do with the plan last night. Aberdeen could have easily been a couple goals down by half time and got lucky.

So yet another game at Ibrox where CL's after match comments are along the lines of "that wasn't good enough, we'll just have to forget that one and we'll be a different team on Saturday" It never changes does it, parking the bus might be justifiable if we ever managed to come away with a point but all we do is invite them to come at us and we always get broken down. CL says that if we don't lose a goal then we can't get beat, very true, but the other way to look at it is that if we play the game in their half we won't lose a goal either and might just score ourselves and get something from the game. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
33 minutes ago, dustybin said:

No change, winning two matches means what exactly? 

Beating the hobos can never be underestimated and win next week we in Scottish cup final 

Walter Bishop
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You don't know if they weren't. I'm certain the plan wasn't to give rangers 85% possession. We chased shadows because rangers were actually really good for the first half hour. We couldn't get near them. Nothing to do with the plan last night. Aberdeen could have easily been a couple goals down by half time and got lucky.

All to do with the plan imo. the plan was to net get beat, as it most weeks. 

If we dont score first under Levein`s tactics we look like a team of strangers, never played together before, Nobody seems to know how to react. There is of course the odd exception like Aberdeen last weekend but even then i`d give credit to the fans for the comeback not the management team. 

Just goes on and on....!

We're totally bored and p1ssed off, and we know it's wrong, but nobody will make the decision to end it...!

How many more ground hog days....?

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Just goes on and on....!

We're totally bored and p1ssed off, and we know it's wrong, but nobody will make the decision to end it...!

It’s horrible why can’t she see how crap we are 

Levein go now please we are bored 

Yeah, I’d be extremely surprised if CL is head coach come June.

I just hope he leaves on a high.

11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Beating the hobos can never be underestimated and win next week we in Scottish cup final 

The Scottish Cup Final is away from home though and assuming we get there what are the chances Levein plays to win? Highly unlikely knowing him especially if it's against Celtic.

OmiyaHearts

If we've learned anything this season, it's that Levein has taken us as far as he can. We'll always bottle it in Glasgow with him at the helm.

The results against bottom half clubs is completely unacceptable for a team with our squad and budget.

I hope the club sees that a new manager is needed if we have aspirations to finish above 4th in the league. I hope he leaves as a Scottish Cup winner but that looks extremely doubtful as the majority of squad don't seem to be prepared to fight for him.

55 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I think if you look you will find plenty of posts giving praise. 

Give me one reason why you think my criticism of the Manager, Style of Football, run of results etc is unfair. 

23 points dropped to bottom 6 teams this season, Shocking.

I didn't say it was unfair.

Someone said you were not paid to scout and I said you WERE NOT PAID TO CRITICISE either but you do it.  

OmiyaHearts
20 minutes ago, 1953 said:

So yet another game at Ibrox where CL's after match comments are along the lines of "that wasn't good enough, we'll just have to forget that one and we'll be a different team on Saturday" It never changes does it, parking the bus might be justifiable if we ever managed to come away with a point but all we do is invite them to come at us and we always get broken down. CL says that if we don't lose a goal then we can't get beat, very true, but the other way to look at it is that if we play the game in their half we won't lose a goal either and might just score ourselves and get something from the game. 

It's because he's a shitebag. Leaving a game in Glasgow defeated is treated as an acceptable outcome.

kingantti1874

Reluctantly i have reached the conclusion that we need to go in another direction.  I’ve no idea who that would be tho 

I think it is a issue the changed arrangements on free movement. 

Might be solved with the deal that is agreed next week.

Though anything that encourages clubs to look at local home grown players is healthy. 

But overall from another angle negative people are just a drain.

Just drink  some poison and let the rest us get on.

11 minutes ago, The Doc said:

In that case I’ll give you a tip. Don’t be extremely surprised.

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The Scottish Cup Final is away from home though and assuming we get there what are the chances Levein plays to win? Highly unlikely knowing him especially if it's against Celtic.

Can't disagree with you because the facts there in black and white with Craig levein when we go to Glasgow 

17 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Just goes on and on....!

I posted on another thread the other day a piece from the Evening News which had a summary of Hearts chances against Rangers.

One of the journalist said Hearts are not a one man team but a two man team referring to Uche and Naismith.

When either one or both of them are out of the team we really struggle and there is no hiding from that as a genuine fact.

The worry for me is that CL is securing most of this team on new deals and we have seen recently with the exception of the Aberdeen game how poor we are with all of these players and yet again last night we were a beaten team before we even set foot into Ibrox.

Even if we win against Hibs on Saturday CL still needs to go along with his posse of coaches perhaps with the exception of Andy Kirk.

24 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Just goes on and on....!

I’m bored with the threads you start. 

14 minutes ago, The Doc said:

He deserves to have a lasting and successful legacy, I hope he gets that, would be fitting and a natural high possibly to leave on a cup win.....but 1st team wise, he needs to walk come the end of May....compare our team now to that of the one he left at Utd or indeed us 1st time round.....like day and night unfortunately.... ☹??

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

He's not paid to be a critic either but that doesn't stop him.

So you have to be a paid critic before you can comment or offer your opinion as a Hearts fan on a Hearts fans forum. ?

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Can't disagree with you because the facts there in black and white with Craig levein when we go to Glasgow 

It's sad really because when we have a go at teams like Celtic it makes such a difference to the crowd and they get right behind the team.

Nobody likes to lose but at least if you have a go and lose you can say you have tried.

I doubt CL means to de-motivate the players but his safety first attitude must leave it's mark on the players and they begin to doubt that they are able to beat teams like Celtic away from home

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The weird thing is, every time I watch his Dundee United team against the old firm, in Dundee or Glasgow they were excellent 

He’s got a chance to put himself into Hearts Folklore. He’s going nowhere! We’re stuck with this for a long time

16 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's because he's a shitebag. Leaving a game in Glasgow defeated is treated as an acceptable outcome

Levein will be at Hearts for years to come, that's the worrying part. 

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Reluctantly i have reached the conclusion that we need to go in another direction.  I’ve no idea who that would be tho 

? Same

Brighton Jambo

I see the Levein out now brigade in the same way I see the hard brexiteers.  Relentlessly monotonous and ignorant of the reality that what they want is not going to happen.

In the same way no government is ever going to sanction a no deal Brexit there is no way Levein will leave his role before the end of the season so please please please stop bombarding every match day thread with Levein out chat and starting thread after thread calling for him to go.

I am not adverse to him going but lets decide that after the season has finished.  Budge will never take action ahead of then so get your head around that and lets all discuss in May when we know the full facts. 

22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I posted on another thread the other day a piece from the Evening News which had a summary of Hearts chances against Rangers.

One of the journalist said Hearts are not a one man team but a two man team referring to Uche and Naismith.

When either one or both of them are out of the team we really struggle and there is no hiding from that as a genuine fact.

The worry for me is that CL is securing most of this team on new deals and we have seen recently with the exception of the Aberdeen game how poor we are with all of these players and yet again last night we were a beaten team before we even set foot into Ibrox.

Even if we win against Hibs on Saturday CL still needs to go along with his posse of coaches perhaps with the exception of Andy Kirk.

Of those he has secured or wants to secure, which one(s) do you think are wrong?

24 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So you have to be a paid critic before you can comment or offer your opinion as a Hearts fan on a Hearts fans forum. ?

I didn't say that either.

tartofmidlothian
12 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I see the Levein out now brigade in the same way I see the hard brexiteers.  Relentlessly monotonous and ignorant of the reality that what they want is not going to happen.

In the same way no government is ever going to sanction a no deal Brexit there is no way Levein will leave his role before the end of the season so please please please stop bombarding every match day thread with Levein out chat and starting thread after thread calling for him to go.

I am not adverse to him going but lets decide that after the season has finished.  Budge will never take action ahead of then so get your head around that and lets all discuss in May when we know the full facts. 

That's a better comparison.

30 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Exactly where I am. Always be grateful to Levein for the contribution he’s made to Heart of Midlothian, but his times up. As you say though, where we go from him is anyone’s guess. In my mind though we need a forward thinking, hungry coach who’s been tested ELSEWHERE. Replacing Levein with someone from within the corridors will do nothing for me. We need a new, fresh approach. 

The saddest part for me about this though, is that due to a new job, I can’t make every game in the way that I used to be able to in the past. But I’ve always been an advocate of the “if you can afford to buy a ST, then you buy one, regardless of who’s in charge’ school of thought. Now though? Between the new job, and the thought of no real change in the dugout, I’m swithering over a ST next year. After 20 odd years of continuously having one. 

Apathy is turning me into a hypocrite, and although I don’t like that, I can live with it. The question is though, how many others out there feel like me? Could keeping Levein, or one of his ‘boot room’, in the dugout cost us a few quid?? 

32 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We have good players, it’s the manager that is the issue. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Exactly where I am. Always be grateful to Levein for the contribution he’s made to Heart of Midlothian, but his times up. As you say though, where we go from him is anyone’s guess. In my mind though we need a forward thinking, hungry coach who’s been tested ELSEWHERE. Replacing Levein with someone from within the corridors will do nothing for me. We need a new, fresh approach. 

The saddest part for me about this though, is that due to a new job, I can’t make every game in the way that I used to be able to in the past. But I’ve always been an advocate of the “if you can afford to buy a ST, then you buy one, regardless of who’s in charge’ school of thought. Now though? Between the new job, and the thought of no real change in the dugout, I’m swithering over a ST next year. After 20 odd years of continuously having one. 

Apathy is turning me into a hypocrite, and although I don’t like that, I can live with it. The question is though, how many others out there feel like me? Could keeping Levein, or one of his ‘boot room’, in the dugout cost us a few quid?? 

I was just about in tears reading that.  Poor you.

Alex Kintner
10 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Why do you want him to stay? (Genuine question) 

Because I believe our current league and cup position does not merit him losing his job. Everything is there to play for and four of our last six games are against teams (Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock) who he has a very good record against this season. Changing manager at this point would be bonkers and cause unnecessary instability. The summer is the time to reflect and make any decisions.

2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

What criteria do you apply for Club Legend status?

I have always been a fan of Levein as a player and manager and would never abuse him, but, I seriously think the time has come to step out of the dugout for his own good.

He may well be a club legend, I don't argue that point, I just don't want to see him hounded, that he doesn't deserve.

Similar to you if you agree he is a club legend. For me it is the combination of his long service, consistently high standard of performance and his undoubted passion for the club.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I was just about in tears reading that.  Poor you.

Were ye aye? Bit ****ing weird, but you bash on ya doughnut. 

Nelly Terraces

1. Only team in Top 6 with a minus goal difference (in fact even Livi have a plus GD).

2. Lowest scorers in Top 6.

3. Highest goals conceded in Top 6.

4. Lost 4 out of 5 in Top 6 last season.

Brutal stats. Brutal manager.

3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Were ye aye? Bit ****ing weird, but you bash on ya doughnut. 

Class

27 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You lost me at Brexit ?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Class

Here, I’m late to this thread and all I’ve done is offered my opinion, why do you feel the need to reply like a smart *****? 

As I say, yer comin across as a doughnut. Dunno why, cos I’ve not read the rest of the thread, but why you felt the need to be sarcastic towards me I dunno? Are you just looking for bites? Have I bitten? **** knows...

First round of games we were flying.

Injuries hit.

Entire coaching team went into panic mode.

We've been utter pish ever since.

Can't defend them at all any more.

Something has got to give.

Austin MacGlee
14 hours ago, DH1986 said:

The way the team set out to start the game was all wrong.

We seem to only want to have a go when we are at home. It’s a small team mentality.

Agree on both counts.

AlphonseCapone

I'll admit having a crisis of confidence in Craig. Few weeks ago I tentatively moved to the should go at the end of the season camp. The improvements thread was interesting though and made me pause for thought;

* Improved away record 

* Two semi-finals at least

* Better points totals

* We did have a horrendous period for injuries, even 2 extra victories would see us right in the mix. 

However, on the flip side;

* Style of our play

* Record in Glasgow 

* Team selection can sometimes be odd

Can Craig change the negatives, I'm not sure. 

I'm back on the fence though. I want to see where we end up in the league. If he secures Europe then I can't see how we get rid with the semi finals also in my mind. 

P. S. Am I a happy clapper or hibs troll? 

Rocky jamboa

I'm hoping not only levein goes at the end of the season but also mcphee, Daly, Liam fox and John Murray. 

It's like we're trying to over complicate football with the stats they use to pick the team, taking three of them to have a discussion around what subs to make and almost a Football Manager type approach to signing players, which has failed miserably. 

I didn't renew my season ticket this year, for the first time in 10 seasons, and glad I didn't. I've no intention of getting one next season, unless there is a complete change and can see more people doing the same. The football's been boring to watch since we came up from the championship. 

41 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Of those he has secured or wants to secure, which one(s) do you think are wrong?

Uche and Naismith are the only ones that I think are worth keeping.

The others may be better if they were playing in a team that are set up to try and win especially away from home but they have proved that they don't have what it takes to move us forward.

Alex Kintner
34 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

1. Only team in Top 6 with a minus goal difference (in fact even Livi have a plus GD).

2. Lowest scorers in Top 6.

3. Highest goals conceded in Top 6.

4. Lost 4 out of 5 in Top 6 last season.

Brutal stats. Brutal manager.

Our record this season against Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie is very good though so hopefully that continues and we finish the season strongly.

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I'm hoping not only levein goes at the end of the season but also mcphee, Daly, Liam fox and John Murray. 

It's like we're trying to over complicate football with the stats they use to pick the team, taking three of them to have a discussion around what subs to make and almost a Football Manager type approach to signing players, which has failed miserably. 

I didn't renew my season ticket this year, for the first time in 10 seasons, and glad I didn't. I've no intention of getting one next season, unless there is a complete change and can see more people doing the same. The football's been boring to watch since we came up from the championship. 

I think if Levein does step down then the coaching team has to go too and allow the new manager a clean slate with his own coaching team.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic