Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Nookie Bear
Just now, frankblack said:

To be fair, those of us that haven't lost their shit are sick of the constant abuse aimed at our club from the same bunch of saddos who make demands that Levein goes if we lose the next game, .. so we take great pleasure in sticking it right up them when we win.

For me, Levein goes if we win our next two games. 

Ive seen enough. I just wish I had the power to do anything about it :lol:

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Alex Kintner
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

For me, Levein goes if we win our next two games. 

Ive seen enough. I just wish I had the power to do anything about it :lol:

If we win them?

Nookie Bear
Just now, To Be Frank said:

I wish there hadn’t been a midweek card and we’d went straight into the derby after Saturday.

Especially against a hyped-up rangers. 

Walter Bishop
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You have to give him credit, he was equally childish with his tantrums a year ago before he went into hiding.  At least in that he is consistent.

Hi Craig. 

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Problem is we get the opposite knee-jerk reaction to a good win over Aberdeen. Crowing threads about shutting up the haterz, endless chat about how “Mr” Levein is here to stay and has it under control and that we will be better next season etc etc 

Four days later, it’s business as usual in Glasgow and we may as well have McGinn in the dugout. 

Well said mate ?

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It is tiresome bores such as you who are a laughing stock on both Hibs.net and this board.

Your level of knee-jerk over-reaction is quite staggering and you would think we were fighting relegation and had done sod all in the cup competitions.

Away and pick up those toys you tossed out your pram. ?

You are the laughing stock on this board.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What pisses me off is, when we get it right like we did v Aberdeen, we are bloody good. I came away on Saturday wondering if I had got it wrong. 

We just cant sustain it. Too many changes - some enforced - and a mentality that lets the opposition settle all too easily. 

If Beaton hadn’t annoyed us on Saturday I doubt we would have been so vibrant and aggressive. 

I thought opposite NB. I didn’t think we were great in the 2nd half v Aberdeen. We just came out and put the right workrate in and competed...something we didn’t do first half. It was enough to unsettle Aberdeen.

Uche won the game for us. Simple as that for me. Carries those around him in the last third. 

Alex Kintner
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Especially against a hyped-up rangers. 

Yeah. Even with a good performance tonight there’s still a good chance we lose. Not having Uche was huge. That same team tonight with Uche and mulraney in place of Wighton and Godinho would have done much much better I reckon

Nookie Bear

If we win them?

Even if we win them, yes. 

Win the next 8 games including the final then I hypocritically change my mind of course, but even beating hibs and ICT doesn’t convince me that Levein has a future as our Head Coach. 

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Yeah. Even with a good performance tonight there’s still a good chance we lose. Not having Uche was huge. That same team tonight with Uche and mulraney in place of Wighton and Godinho would have done much much better I reckon

You never watched the game did you? 

Edited by Walter Bishop

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

:cornette_dog:

I already used that against you and your chums a few posts above.  Try coming back with something original. ?

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

?

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Yes Frank’s post was poor but Walter’s was much worse imo

Geoff the Mince
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He certainly is .

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

To be fair, those of us that haven't lost their shit are sick of the constant abuse aimed at our club from the same bunch of saddos who make demands that Levein goes if we lose the next game, .. so we take great pleasure in sticking it right up them when we win.

So if we are all fans how is one attitude better than the other.? We all have opinions and if you are critical and abuse an alternative stance("bunch of saddos") , it makes you exactly the same.

The thing is we seem to be the easiest (or right up there) with the easiest wins that Celtic and rangers are guaranteed at their homes.

maybe Hamilton and Dundee  do worse through in Glasgow but that must be close.

its embarrassing in the extreme that we often get thumped by at least 3 goals through there

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Win the next 8 games including the final then I hypocritically change my mind of course, but even beating hibs and ICT doesn’t convince me that Levein has a future as our Head Coach. 

Nothing can change my mind on Levein not being the man to take us forward.

Just now, merrymac said:

So if we are all fans how is one attitude better than the other.? We all have opinions and if you are critical and abuse an alternative stance("bunch of saddos") , it makes you exactly the same.

The bunch of saddos I was referring to are the ones who have flung endless personal abuse about Levein, and think that is an acceptable way to refer to one of the club's greatest players.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think if he does win the next two games he will 100% be here next season. He will have reached a cup final and almost certainly guaranteed at least 5th place. 

I said about a month ago that we needed to reach the final and finish 4th for me to want him to continue but if we were within a few points of 4th I’d accept that given the injuries we’ve had.

I’m optimistic that Craig knows the two areas that are required:

-leadership all over park

-creativity

Naismith, Bryson and Halkett will help with the former. It’s how he addresses the latter that will decide how next season pans out.

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

You never watched the game did you? 

Yeah I sat and watched it unfortunately. First twenty minutes we couldn’t get up the pitch as the ball came straight back. On the couple of occasions Wighton got the ball to feet he actually held it up well and linked the play but nowhere near the way Uche would have. When we did get up the pitch we looked dangerous, especially from set pieces but the goals killed the game. The first twenty minutes were far too cautious and the game was lost. 

The fundamental issue for those that are heavily critical of Craig Levein is that they have evidence to support their claim, so what's to argue about that? 

buzzbomb1958
12 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Doesn’t count as what?

This season has been shit, shit football shit results, a few good results has kept the happy clappers delighted,some people must like watching eye bleeding football and watching teams with a far smaller budget making fools of our team ,just wish the whole coaching debacle is sent on its way we deserve better

Walter Bishop

Yeah I sat and watched it unfortunately. First twenty minutes we couldn’t get up the pitch as the ball came straight back. On the couple of occasions Wighton got the ball to feet he actually held it up well and linked the play but nowhere near the way Uche would have. When we did get up the pitch we looked dangerous, especially from set pieces but the goals killed the game. The first twenty minutes were far too cautious and the game was lost. 

I think you are far too generous, but i know why. We were terrible. We looked like we had a plan, to play for 0-0, we went behind and did not have a clue how to get back into the game. We never looked dangerous in my opinion and having no replacement for Uche is solely Leveins fault. 

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, dustybin said:

The fundamental issue for those that are heavily critical of Craig Levein is that they have evidence to support their claim, so what's to argue about that? 

I’ve no issue with being heavily critical. We are all fans and have passion for the club. The two things I take umbridge at are the namecalling and personal abuse of a club legend and those that hate him more than they love the club (to the point of wanting us to actually lose to Hibs!)

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This season has been shit, shit football shit results, a few good results has kept the happy clappers delighted,some people must like watching eye bleeding football and watching teams with a far smaller budget making fools of our team ,just wish the whole coaching debacle is sent on its way we deserve better

There’s been shit football and shit results. If we end up in the cup final, challenging for Europe and unbeaten against Hibs it won’t matter one iota how we got there.

4 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I think you are far too generous, but i know why. We were terrible. We looked like we had a plan, to play for 0-0, we went behind and did not have a clue how to get back into the game. We never looked dangerous in my opinion and having no replacement for Uche is solely Leveins fault. 

Well is it? We signed a player who ticked the boxes but who simply hasn't aplied himself.   Who would you have signed instead? Critics like you have such an easy job.

Edited by tcjambo

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

You have summed yourself up perfectly there Frank. ?

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I kind of agree. I think the plan was to defend and then snatch a goal from a set piece. It was never likely to work without Uche up front to hold the ball up.

80% of the blame for not having a replacement for Uche lies at the feet of Vanecek. The other 20% with Levein imo.

I’ve no issue with being heavily critical. We are all fans and have passion for the club. The two things I take umbridge at are the namecalling and personal abuse of a club legend and those that hate him more than they love the club (to the point of wanting us to actually lose to Hibs!)

I doubt any of us wants us to lose against Hibs, heard that nonsense before, but what do you expect when it's been like this for ages, the fans have a right, why the worrying about Levein? it's Hearts you should be concerned about. 

Walter Bishop

There’s been shit football and shit results. If we end up in the cup final, challenging for Europe and unbeaten against Hibs it won’t matter one iota how we got there.

I dont think that`s acceptable, Why in your eyes am i wrong?

I kind of agree. I think the plan was to defend and then snatch a goal from a set piece. It was never likely to work without Uche up front to hold the ball up.

80% of the blame for not having a replacement for Uche lies at the feet of Vanecek. The other 20% with Levein imo.

Aye? :lol:

I do think though that our performances against the uglies next season should be a benchmark as will all games against bottom four teams.

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Well is it? We signed a player who ticked the boxes but who simply hasn't aplied himself.   Who would you have signed instead? Critics like you have such an easy job.

It`s not my job to sign the players though? 

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

It`s not my job to sign the players though? 

No but you are a critic so you must have some idea who was available within our budget.

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Name-calling and personal abuse....oh the irony!!! ?

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

100% of the Vanecek situation is Levein and his staff`s fault. 

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

No but you are a critic so you must have some idea who was available within our budget.

If Walter was well paid to scout and sign players on a full time basis then you could fairly ask that question.

But he’s not so he can only judge players on their performance on the park like any other fan.

Alex Kintner

I dont think that`s acceptable, Why in your eyes am i wrong?

Putting performances on a higher pedestal than results is a very Hibs way of thinking. We lack leadership in key areas and we lack creativity, both as a result of some poor recruitment and bad luck with injuries. As a result we’re having to find a way to get the job done and it’s not been great to watch. 

As a Hearts fan i’ve been through much worse times where we’ve been poor to watch and a bottom six team. 

We can’t have a go at Scotland and say “the problems starts at the top” e.g. Doncaster and then just simply blame Levein? We need to look higher up than that we need change starting at the top. Never mind all these news stories about stupid orchestra events at tynecastle etc it’s a football team get to the football !!

If Ann Budge thinks this is fine then she too has a problem. And she must think everything in the garden is rosy because if she thought otherwise she'd have had CL back as DOF and a new head coach in place. 

Levein time is up, we need new ideas, and just because he scored a few pens recently but I still don't think that Clare is good enough for Hearts, Look at the crap signings he's made, he's made more bad than good, and it shows, big deal, we won against the dons, doesn't prove anything, can we afford another season with him at the helm, I think not, and I'm sticking with that regardless of what happens in the cup. 

JamboGraham
9 minutes ago, dustybin said:

You make a good point but there is also evidence to counter, it just depends on what you use as a measure. It has been a season of ridiculous contradictions but also wildly varying expectations of what is success.

Overall, accepting that every side will have general ups and downs across a season, I reckon we are about 10-12 points down on where we should be based on how other sides in the league have been performing. My view is that roughly a third of this is down to injuries, a third to some harsh decisions against us and a third down to some truly terrible managerial decisions.

Walter Bishop
5 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

What was our budget? You seem to know more than me. 

Could we have got McNulty?

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

100% of the Vanecek situation is Levein and his staff`s fault. 

I can’t see the logic in that. It wasn’t their fault he turned up out of shape and I know for a fact they’ve been trying to get him fit since he joined but the application just isn’t there from him for some reason.

14 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I think you are far too generous, but i know why. We were terrible. We looked like we had a plan, to play for 0-0, we went behind and did not have a clue how to get back into the game. We never looked dangerous in my opinion and having no replacement for Uche is solely Leveins 

Walter Bishop
6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Putting performances on a higher pedestal than results is a very Hibs way of thinking. We lack leadership in key areas and we lack creativity, both as a result of some poor recruitment and bad luck with injuries. As a result we’re having to find a way to get the job done and it’s not been great to watch. 

As a Hearts fan i’ve been through much worse times where we’ve been poor to watch and a bottom six team. 

I think this is part of the problem. Why do we always have to look back the way? Why not look forward for a change. So what if we were shite in 1983 and played din front of 2000 fans in 1979 etc etc 

We need fresh ideas with no links to Hearts and no fear of the old firm or playing them in Glasgow. I give credit to Hibs for getting in someone like Heckingbottom, he has started ok and appears to be doing well. Last manager we had that ensured games v Hibs was not the be and end all was Sergio, before that it was Burley, he wasnt scared of the old firm.

We need an appointment like Burley, I would happily sacrifice new signings in the summer and up my FOH payment if we went all out for Steve Clarke.

Edited by Walter Bishop

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Name-calling and personal abuse....oh the irony!!! ?

I can’t recall calling any club legends abusive names. For that matter, I can’t recall calling anyone abusive names. Happy to be proved wrong though ??

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

You make a good point but there is also evidence to counter, it just depends on what you use as a measure. It has been a season of ridiculous contradictions but also wildly varying expectations of what is success.

Overall, accepting that every side will have general ups and downs across a season, I reckon we are about 10-12 points down on where we should be based on how other sides in the league have been performing. My view is that roughly a third of this is down to injuries, a third to some harsh decisions against us and a third down to some truly terrible managerial decisions.

Very good post. As I said on another thread, two more wins and we’d be sitting 3rd and two more losses we’d be facing bottom six. Fine margins.

Unknown user

What was our budget? You seem to know more than me. 

Could we have got McNulty?

We tried in January, he said no as he didn't want to come back to Scotland. Hibs enquired after he decided it maybe was an option after all

You have to chuckle at the stupidity and the ignorance.

Do people actually believe that Levein scribes on the White board that we're hanging on in here for a 0-0 at best.

??????

Ron Burgundy

With the draw we have had if Levein doesn’t get us to  the cup final it’s a disgrace. 

Getting to it is no achievement looking at the teams we faced along the way. 

Winning it would be a massive achievement but we all know that’s pie in the sky fantasy thinking. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic