Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

3 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Having watched many poor Heart’s teams managed by many poor managers, this is the first time I have ever stayed away because of the manager. What made this time different? Why did I stop watching the team I love the day CL was appointed...because I believed it was a bad appointment made for all the wrong reasons! Although I have never been a CL fan in terms of how he sets teams up, had his vanity project with Ian  Cathro been successful, (I watched Hearts home and away under Cathro), I would have eaten humble pie,, given him credit and enjoyed the benefits of his superior wisdom. But it was an unmitigated disaster so he should have been held accountable for that waste of time and waste of considerable financial resources, we know he wasn’t!

Subsequently and despite CL having said numerous times he didn’t want the job (so much so that he allowed JD to take the team for the club’s hardest fixture of the season on the opening day at Parkhead) he then wasted more time and financial resources allowing others to firstly apply for the job and then secondly be interviewed! Given this, and even if AB did have her lightbulb moment (did she really believe fans would swallow that one?) and realise that the “best man for the job was down the corridor”, why a 3 year contract?

The whole mess since RN left is the responsibility of CL and AB. I have had a fair amount of criticism on here (inc being referred to as a “fairweather supporter” for handing back my season ticket the day CL was appointed. However, once he has gone, and I hope that is very soon, I will be back regardless of whether the new manager is my first choice or 20th choice unless of course CL/AB appoint AM, JD or LF! 

Pretty good summing up Bob

Hope you get the chance to be back to Tynecastle very soon :thumbsup:

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

It was CL that coined the phrase “wage thief” in regards to Hearts. He is now proving to be a hypocrite. 

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes and after a “world wide search” and a “huge amount of applicants”.  

What I don't understand, her family are Hearts through and through, she associates with benefactors who love the club. Surely she has discussions with them which are football related, they must have opinions about what is going on at our club.

It just astounds me that she appears blinded, clueless regarding Levein, then tells us he is doing a fantastic job.

18 hours ago, farin said:

Get this this clown out now. !!!!. 

4DE659A3-23BD-4018-96B3-67E007F2ADC7.jpeg.55d4f9ea931881de45ad0fc245b4e74b.jpeg

We all have our opinions on the situation at the club but the name calling and personal shit like above really is out of order. He doesn’t deserve that.

Who needs vermin fans when our own are posting this insulting abusive shit?

12 minutes ago, farin said:

Yes he does & I’ll post anything I see fit  about this clown, 👍🏻 

It isn’t helpful, he is a Hearts man and wants the best for the club. Just because it hasn’t worked out doesn’t give you the right to be abusive

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

looking at the fixtures just there....the cursed bout somehow jammy one lands another piece of respite
with the international break coming up next weekend.
Then stuff is gonna get really interesting,home to Murderwell on the 14th,then away to Fester Rd following week,then Aberdeen in the Cup on the Wednesday 25th.........

It’s not going to get interesting. It’s just going to waste another few weeks, like we’ve already wasted months on end pretending that this isn’t a total car crash. I’m starting to wonder if Budge will ever act or if this will end when Levein finally decides to walk 

John mcCartney
7 minutes ago, TemasekJambo said:

It isn’t helpful, he is a Hearts man and wants the best for the club. Just because it hasn’t worked out doesn’t give you the right to be abusive

the man is a selfish,conceited,ignorant person for want of a more diplomatic word

if he had the club and its supporters in his regard he would do the honourable move
and that is to resign in the belief that the next man that comes along can install some confidence and
wisdom into a beleagured bunch of players that he himself has practically destroyed as a force in scottish football......

he reaps what he sows

1 minute ago, John mcCartney said:

the man is a selfish,conceited,ignorant person for want of a more diplomatic word

if he had the club and its supporters in his regard he would do the honourable move
and that is to resign in the belief that the next man that comes along can install some confidence and
wisdom into a beleagured bunch of players that he himself has practically destroyed as a force in scottish football......

he reaps what he sows

Nonsense, he’s tried his best and it looks like it hasn’t worked out. You’re being quite dramatic. I don’t believe he will stick around much longer if things don’t hugely improve.

6 minutes ago, farin said:

Supposed 😂

I’ve forgot more about hearts than you’ll ever know pal. 

Sure you have.

Pal.

Behaviour akin to that of a hibs fan and playing the ‘I’m a better fan’ card. :lol:

Belter.

Have a nice day.

20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Has Levein ever been handed a note on the touchline since he took over from Cathro ?

I have to say that this never ever happened when CL was only DoF and was proven by the TV images up in Aberdeen.

The evidence was there for everyone to see but our DoF denied it completely so therefore it never ever happened.

CL would never lie to us the fans or the viewing public.

Go on yourself Craig as you are the man to turn this club around as you always speak the "truth".

Beyond reproach you are gaffer.  

2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Having watched many poor Heart’s teams managed by many poor managers, this is the first time I have ever stayed away because of the manager. What made this time different? Why did I stop watching the team I love the day CL was appointed...because I believed it was a bad appointment made for all the wrong reasons! Although I have never been a CL fan in terms of how he sets teams up, had his vanity project with Ian  Cathro been successful, (I watched Hearts home and away under Cathro), I would have eaten humble pie,, given him credit and enjoyed the benefits of his superior wisdom. But it was an unmitigated disaster so he should have been held accountable for that waste of time and waste of considerable financial resources, we know he wasn’t!

Subsequently and despite CL having said numerous times he didn’t want the job (so much so that he allowed JD to take the team for the club’s hardest fixture of the season on the opening day at Parkhead) he then wasted more time and financial resources allowing others to firstly apply for the job and then secondly be interviewed! Given this, and even if AB did have her lightbulb moment (did she really believe fans would swallow that one?) and realise that the “best man for the job was down the corridor”, why a 3 year contract?

The whole mess since RN left is the responsibility of CL and AB. I have had a fair amount of criticism on here (inc being referred to as a “fairweather supporter” for handing back my season ticket the day CL was appointed. However, once he has gone, and I hope that is very soon, I will be back regardless of whether the new manager is my first choice or 20th choice unless of course CL/AB appoint AM, JD or LF! 

I fully understand this and feel the same. I've not got a season ticket this year because he is still there. I'm bored with it all. Sad times. 

The gaffer needs to go now, i accept that, however the Naisy chat is just wrong in terms of coach/manager at this point

We need an experienced coach from outwith the club, to bring new ideas and hopefully his own men.

Whether we get that is another matter

John mcCartney
2 minutes ago, TemasekJambo said:

Nonsense, he’s tried his best and it looks like it hasn’t worked out. You’re being quite dramatic. I don’t believe he will stick around much longer if things don’t hugely improve.

No,yes,yes indeed.Its a dramatic situation and to cap that off ,no shit sherlock !

Just now, farin said:

Your the plum that called me a “supposed” fan remember. 😎

After you behaved in a manner akin to that of a hibs fan.

Yes. Yes I did.

2 minutes ago, farin said:

No one, absolutely no one is bigger than this club. I’ll treat him with the same respect he treats me & every other hearts fan right now after his recent interviews. The guys a clown & the sooner he’s hunted from hearts the better. 

Hunted, geez 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

The word Hatred is a word thrown about all to easily but if he is allowed to continue any longer that’s what is going to be felt from the fans. He can’t get us out of this, we are on the worst run of form I can remember and we are seeing zero improvement week in week out. FFS just quit! Or Budge sack him, enough is enough!

Funny thing. Thinking this morning why the hatred when a football manager is under pressure. 

Way out of this for me,  he is hauled in tomorrow told he has until the next international break. 

If we don't have a Plan B, I really doubt that,  then there's 5 weeks to find one. 

Likely an unpopular view with blood thirsty frothers,  but this team has been unsettled from the start,  it adds a different part every week whilst seemingly losing another part.

Anyone coming in is going to unsettle it further still with a Derby and quarters to come almost immediately. 

Personally believe his downfall is trust indifference laziness or stubbornness to entrust inadequate coaches with training. 

The way forward is without Daly Fox,  the way forward is gauging interest now,  give interested parties 5 weeks to look at Hearts in the likely event thing's are not fixed by October 5

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Funny thing. Thinking this morning why the hatred when a football manager is under pressure. 

Way out of this for me,  he is hauled in tomorrow told he has until the next international break. 

If we don't have a Plan B, I really doubt that,  then there's 5 weeks to find one. 

Likely an unpopular view with blood thirsty frothers,  but this team has been unsettled from the start,  it adds a different part every week whilst seemingly losing another part.

Anyone coming in is going to unsettle it further still with a Derby and quarters to come almost immediately. 

Personally believe his downfall is trust indifference laziness or stubbornness to entrust inadequate coaches with training. 

The way forward is without Daly Fox,  the way forward is gauging interest now,  give interested parties 5 weeks to look at Hearts in the likely event thing's are not fixed by October 5

Agree with giving him an ultimatum and a set time to turn it around, given the high turnover of the squad. However, I don't think he can survive until the next international break, he really needs to win against Motherwell and Hibs to keep his job and even then he is still on shaky ground.

Edited by TemasekJambo

Craig Levein needs to go. I don't think he has empathy with fans anymore. We can all see the club is on a downward spiral. I respect him as a Jambo. And if he resigned his post he would retain that respect. 

I live in Engalandcwent to watch Sheffield Wednesday yesterday's. Individually a group of players who should be challenging for play offs in front of a good crowd 23,446. Similar to Hearts. Wednesday seemed to have no game plan, made basic mistakes, played like strangers. From what I've seen of Hearts on TV again same as us like us Wednesday need a manager who knows what he is doing

20 minutes ago, TemasekJambo said:

Agree with giving him an ultimatum and a set time to turn it around, given the high turnover of the squad. However, I don't think he can survive until the next international break, he really needs to win against Motherwell and Hibs to keep his job and even then he is still on shaky ground.

He really doesn’t have to. People can’t seem to understand that Levein is in a safe job. He could quite easily draw the 2 games against Motherwell and Hibs and carry on in the role. It is up to Levein whether he leaves or not. 

There's a lot of angst amongst posters on here in regards to Levein being allowed to leave , move up stairs , be sacked etc.. Basically not being treated harshly and with respect when he goes because he is a Jambo . 

People should remember when they are considering his feelings what occurred when he came back into the club , 

Jamie McDonald, Hamill, Ryan Stevenson , Gary Locke ALL shown the door even though they as players in my opinion had given there all for the jersey . Locke in particular who is a dyed in the wool jambo was in my opinion treated terribly. Given the restrictions the league placed on him regarding signing players and having to play youngsters he held his head up high and did a great job then was treated appallingly at the hands of Ann Budge who sacked him toot sweet after no doubt taking her direction from Levein. So Levein binned the lot of them without a second thought .. So you live by the sword you die by the sword ..

Feelings didn't come into it then and we all just sat back and watched it evolve although it left a bad taste but we believed that it was for the good of the club long term . Mmmmmm. We know better now. 

Now we are in melt down and basically bottom of the league with a budget and playing staff only second to Celtic and Rangers.. It's not acceptable and hasn't been for three seasons ...  

He needs to be removed completely from the club regardless of his feelings as his influence after the last few years would be a negative to any future management team . 

As for Daly,Fox and Austin McFee their contribution needs to be judged by the next manager, they may well be great coaches but have been stifled by Leveins overbearing presence . 

Give them a chance I say. 

Forget his feelings and this nonsense about him being one of us .. When was the last time he paid to watch us... ??     

exactly... 

We need a manager who wants to prove himself CL has seen it all done it all nothing to prove the passion is gone probably under doctors orders move over bring Robbie back 😁

The so called fans defending him seriously need to have a word with themselves.he and his tactics have alienated the hearts support from the club they love.abuse towards him is a last resort for people who have had enough,but don't see anything getting done about our predicament,we will work on it,we will fix it,over and over again ,then repeat

brunoatemyhamster
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Has Levein ever been handed a note on the touchline since he took over from Cathro ?

" Your doing a great job Handsome, love from the DOF xxx" 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

35 minutes ago, eyes open said:

There's a lot of angst amongst posters on here in regards to Levein being allowed to leave , move up stairs , be sacked etc.. Basically not being treated harshly and with respect when he goes because he is a Jambo . 

People should remember when they are considering his feelings what occurred when he came back into the club , 

Jamie McDonald, Hamill, Ryan Stevenson , Gary Locke ALL shown the door even though they as players in my opinion had given there all for the jersey . Locke in particular who is a dyed in the wool jambo was in my opinion treated terribly. Given the restrictions the league placed on him regarding signing players and having to play youngsters he held his head up high and did a great job then was treated appallingly at the hands of Ann Budge who sacked him toot sweet after no doubt taking her direction from Levein. So Levein binned the lot of them without a second thought .. So you live by the sword you die by the sword ..

Feelings didn't come into it then and we all just sat back and watched it evolve although it left a bad taste but we believed that it was for the good of the club long term . Mmmmmm. We know better now. 

Now we are in melt down and basically bottom of the league with a budget and playing staff only second to Celtic and Rangers.. It's not acceptable and hasn't been for three seasons ...  

He needs to be removed completely from the club regardless of his feelings as his influence after the last few years would be a negative to any future management team . 

As for Daly,Fox and Austin McFee their contribution needs to be judged by the next manager, they may well be great coaches but have been stifled by Leveins overbearing presence . 

Forget his feelings and this nonsense about him being one of us .. When was the last time he paid to watch us... ??     

exactly... 

Unlike Messrs Mackay, Locke and Jefferies, I doubt whether Levein has ever paid or will pay to watch Hearts.

John mcCartney
21 minutes ago, eyes open said:

great points ,
too many subserviant knobends in the Hearts support.

He was dead right to get rid of Locke, hammil, Stevenson. The proof ?

Smashing through the championship season. No room for sentiment.

Which then comes around to levein and the fact he needs to go. No room for sentiment.

Would he have sacked the manager by now, yes he would.

44 minutes ago, eyes open said:

exactly... 

Good post, Ann and Levein were ruthless when they first came in and each game that goes by without change is just making things worse.

He’s been given time, money and 4 full transfer windows and we’re still going backwards.

The latest survey shows 95% want him gone which is a damning statement.  

annushorribilis III
57 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

He really doesn’t have to. People can’t seem to understand that Levein is in a safe job. He could quite easily draw the 2 games against Motherwell and Hibs and carry on in the role. It is up to Levein whether he leaves or not. 

I hate to say it, but I agree with this.  He's safe until the end of the season because there is no way we are going to get a new manager to work with the current coaching staff who clearly cannot deliver anything. One good performance in the cup final in the whole of 2019. That's it. 

His interview seems to be that we would have been alright if we hadnt lost 2 rubbish goals.

If he thinks that is the only thing that was wrong yesterday he is more deluded than I thought.

Even if we had clung on for 2 - 1 win I reckon there would still have been boos round the stadium.

Lets face it Hamilton deserved at least a point from the game.

We lost 2 RUBBISH goals he says.

He makes himself sound about 12 years old.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, MacPhee said:

Has he resigned yet

The man has no shame at all. Safest job in scottish football and Ann Budge complicit by her inaction.

**** off Levein 

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The man has no shame at all. Safest job in scottish football and Ann Budge complicit by her inaction.

**** off Levein 

She needs to swallow her pride and do what needs to be done

Jean Louis Valois

I remember it was a nice unexpected surprise when Cathro got sacked. I’m hoping for another one of those in the next few days.

Just now, MacPhee said:

She needs to swallow her pride and do what needs to be done

If she is unable to sack him, then she should never have given him the job. She's put him in the firing line, but it seems he is beyond reproach. If she likes him that much that he is untouchable then she made a mistake making him manager and should've kept him upstairs. If Levein was still upstairs, he'd have sacked the head coach by now. 

CL is not simply going to leave he is miserly and selfish ANN will not sack him he has her under his thumb i can see this going on supporters wanting him out CL makes more excuses and it keeps going on and on.

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I have a feeling somethings going to give this coming week. 

If not then the Motherwell home game will be some gig

Good point Fozzy. If nothing happens before this game, the crowd are going to go for him even before a ball is kicked, and this sort of atmosphere will certainly not help the team get a much needed result

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I have a feeling somethings going to give this coming week. 

If not then the Motherwell home game will be some gig

No two games are the same, and we may have beaten them recently, but if we play like that against them they’ll have better quality to take advantage. 

Simple hard running and endeavour from a rag tag Hamilton brought them chances and their goals.  Some Hearts players should take note. They never gave up a ball.  

5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes and after a “world wide search” and a “huge amount of applicants”.  

The right guy just happened to be sitting next to her but she never noticed. 

Basically he was forced into the job because we couldn't get anybody decent to take it on. 

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Basically he was forced into the job because we couldn't get anybody decent to take it on. 

I didn't believe for a minute no one decent could take it on. More no one decent was willing to work under Craig's "plan". 

allanwilson1970

I was gutted as I missed the game due to work, after the result and following Kickback I was gutted we were so bad. I really don’t know where to start.

I think we have 3 choices, that Levein is the right man and he needs to empty McPhee, Fox, Daly and bring in a new coaching structure, wither from within or outside or a combination. Personally I think Andy Kirk is destined for big things in coaching/management. He is ruthless and same time gets the players motivated whether it was U18s or reserves he wants to win and misses no one. 

Or we take the view Levein is poor and with the freedom McPhee, Fox, Daly step up and excel. Or we just empty every one of them and start again, I think this is the highest risk as we need stability from the academy upto first team.

I honestly don’t know what is best, I think to keep Levein somehow and if I was in his shoes I would be emptying McPhee, Fox, Daly to bring in some fresh ideas and then see if it works. He must knows he is in last chance saloon and in these cases it is better to act before others move. 

I can not believe Budge will allow status quo after yesterday, if she does she does not know the time of day.

9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

3 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I didn't believe for a minute no one decent could take it on. More no one decent was willing to work under Craig's "plan". 

More or less the same thing, guys.

Both posts correct as well, imo.

It was ridiculous really, looking back on it.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic