Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So I’m a negative,  moaning prick? Think you’ll find personal abuse is against forum rules but knock yourself out if you must.  And of course, there’s no moaning on other football forums?

Depends how you define biggest club but we generally have the 3rd biggest support but of course, you know that.  Trophies?  I think we’re 4th and iirc maybe only 1 behind Aberdeen.  Budget wise, not much between us, Hibs and Aberdeen so we should be competing, yet Aberdeen find it easier to compete with Rangers, despite the huge gulf in their budget, than we do with Aberdeen.  Who would you define as the biggest club between Man City and Man Utd by the way?

So you only moan like a ghost to keep up with other forums. 

**** me...........🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Hope one of them gave you a sore jaw when you described our performance as slow and predictable.  That’s the sort of tough love true mates give 👍🏻

You might be slow when it comes to knowing what it takes to watch a team that is on the right lines to becoming a top team. 

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You might be slow when it comes to knowing what it takes to watch a team that is on the right lines to becoming a top team. 

Whereas you might just be slow 👍🏻

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

So you only moan like a ghost to keep up with other forums. 

**** me...........🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Here comes the tag team!  

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes. I have two eyes. Match sharpness was the only thing missing last night.

Give us a break with your excuses. What is preseason training and friendlies all about ya wee fool.

It's all about being ready for the first competitive game. Next week it will be because the sun was in our eyes and the water tasted bad.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Here comes the tag team!  

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do they do that on other forums as well 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So I’m a negative,  moaning prick? Think you’ll find personal abuse is against forum rules but knock yourself out if you must.  And of course, there’s no moaning on other football forums?

Depends how you define biggest club but we generally have the 3rd biggest support but of course, you know that.  Trophies?  I think we’re 4th and iirc maybe only 1 behind Aberdeen.  Budget wise, not much between us, Hibs and Aberdeen so we should be competing, yet Aberdeen find it easier to compete with Rangers, despite the huge gulf in their budget, than we do with Aberdeen.  Who would you define as the biggest club between Man City and Man Utd by the way?

No. I said collectively JKB is populated with negative moaning pricks. Completely up to you which side you choose. A bit like Star Wars.

Rangers were chronically mismanaged for years. They now have their house in order, meaning that Aberdeen won’t finish above them in the league again, in my opinion. Aberdeen did fantastically well against Rangers in head to head games last season, especially in the cups. For whatever reason, we performed far better against Celtic than we did against Rangers. The head to head records between ourselves, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Hibs demonstrate how close each team was in terms of quality. We had a perfect draw with all three teams. 

Manchester City have more money and more recent success. Manchester United are a global brand and giant of world football. United still the bigger team but they simply cannot compete with City at the moment. Who do you think are bigger? Not a great example as Aberdeen have the bigger budget, more honours historically and more success recently than us.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No. I said collectively JKB is populated with negative moaning pricks. Completely up to you which side you choose. A bit like Star Wars.

Rangers were chronically mismanaged for years. They now have their house in order, meaning that Aberdeen won’t finish above them in the league again, in my opinion. Aberdeen did fantastically well against Rangers in head to head games last season, especially in the cups. For whatever reason, we performed far better against Celtic than we did against Rangers. The head to head records between ourselves, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Hibs demonstrate how close each team was in terms of quality. We had a perfect draw with all three teams. 

Manchester City have more money and more recent success. Manchester United are a global brand and giant of world football. United still the bigger team but they simply cannot compete with City at the moment. Who do you think are bigger? Not a great example as Aberdeen have the bigger budget, more honours historically and more success recently than us.

Not populated, just seven or eight of them and they happen to be very vocal. Best to mock and/or pity them

👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Drowning your sorrows? Considering these are essentially competitive preseason games last night was better than a lot of teams performances. Look at the results today of teams like Hibs and Hamilton. Whilst they are not a yardstick they struggled something we didn’t against a much better level of opposition. Last night was a more positive performance than anything from October onward last year. We need to step up from it for sure but there were a lot of positives last night against a team who should walk the Championship this season.  There is very little between lower Premiership and top 3/4 in the championship. We were without Haring and Naismith and thats prob two of our best players last year. Irving played quite well once he settled , Clare was pinching the ball off their players and getting in about. Mulraney , Walker , Washington were everywhere and their movement was good. Uche struggled but isn’t fit. Aside the last 10mins which was poor after Irving went off we never looked like playing it long and hoping. The play had structure it didn’t often last season even when we were winning. We looked like we had a plan and United couldn’t live with us. We need to convert chances but if we play like that each week we will give some teams an absolute doing. Not something you felt we could do last year even in good spells. 

So you judge Hearts by how Hibs & Hamilton get on. Is that what think my wee deluded dude. Raise your standards and stop thinking of Hearts as a Lada when we should be a Merc.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Give us a break with your excuses. What is preseason training and friendlies all about ya wee fool.

It's all about being ready for the first competitive game. Next week it will be because the sun was in our eyes and the water tasted bad.

No excuses required, we got the job done yesterday.

p.s. Nothing wee about me, i’m a massive prick.

p.p.s You may wish to work on your spelling and grammar, before calling anyone else a ‘fool’.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

You, my friend, drink too much.

You are right I do drink too much and it's not my fault it's because I like drink. I am not in denial honest.

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Do you think every player at every club is 100% ready for first competitive game? 

Every club starts season with a number of players not ready. Fact of life due to injuries, international call-ups,  new signings etc. Poster was just stating the obvious re Walker, Uche, Washington and even Naismith who wouldn’t have started even if he had signed on. In reality, other than last night, our Betfred games this year are warm-up pre-season games. Or at least they should be. First real game was last night, next one is in three weeks time. 

3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Bellhaven Best.

:phface:

I do like Glenturret 10 year old but it's £52 a bottle.

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

p.p.s You may wish to work on your spelling and grammar, before calling anyone else a ‘fool’.

Sod the grammar you toffy nosed Gallup. Go get a job with Trump you'll go right to the top.

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

So you judge Hearts by how Hibs & Hamilton get on. Is that what think my wee deluded dude. Raise your standards and stop thinking of Hearts as a Lada when we should be a Merc.

Jesus Mitch , get aff the sauce or at least read what i actually wrote. Hibs as you and your cronies like to point out finished one place above us last season. Now technically that would suggest they are worth comparing results. However I said they are not a yardstick but they both struggled against far inferior opposition to who we played. We dominated that game had some good movement , attacking play and created a lot of good opportunities. Only Michael Stewart thought like you even Craigqin who is not a fan of us agreed we battered Dundee Utd.  

Edited by sadj

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

:rofl:

If only you knew.

😂😂 I see what you did there 👌🏻

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

If only you knew.

So your a big deluded dude.

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Empire always the Empire they have better gyms and tighter fitting uniforms 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you think every player at every club is 100% ready for first competitive game? 

Every club starts season with a number of players not ready. Fact of life due to injuries, international call-ups,  new signings etc. Poster was just stating the obvious re Walker, Uche, Washington and even Naismith who wouldn’t have started even if he had signed on. In reality, other than last night, our Betfred games this year are warm-up pre-season games. Or at least they should be. First real game was last night, next one is in three weeks time. 

Here we go I'm going to get the violin out. Where are the tissues.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We didn't get the job done. We could have lost a game we should have won and got the bonus ball lottery thing.

I understand where the game and the prep crossover,  mostly encouraged but it was against inferior opponents,  and it was not a win. 

Not job done in my mind 

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

So your a big deluded dude.

Its you are ffs Mitch!!! Its Saturday night , you know grammar is important to Saturdays drunken posting

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Jesus Mitch , get aff the sauce or at least read what i actually wrote. Hibs as you and your cronies like to point out finished one place above us last season. Now technically that would suggest they are worth comparing results. However I said they are not a yardstick but they both struggled against far inferior opposition to who we played. We dominated that game had some good movement , attacking play and created a lot of good opportunities. Only Michael Stewart thought like you even Craigqin who is not a fan of us agreed we battered Dundee Utd.  

What do they know. Honestly you need to get out more often.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

We didn't get the job done. We could have lost a game we should have won and got the bonus ball lottery thing.

I understand where the game and the prep crossover,  mostly encouraged but it was against inferior opponents,  and it was not a win. 

Not job done in my mind 

Stopping being a negativsauras!!! Was far better than anything for a good while and its basicaly a competitive preseason game. Being ready for the start of the season is important and getting Walker , Washington , Clare and Mulraney going last night was great , throw in Naismith and Haring and get Uche to look up and the front 6 are better and more balanced than last year and no shoehorning djoum in. Positivies mate positives but yes we should of buried a good number of chances last night and almost pissed it up against a wall with blunders at the back which Berra and Zlamal need to take on the chin. However we are not Hibs so its all good Ponzi schemes and all 😉 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I've some sympathy with Mitch tonight.  Nowhere near his scale,  not remotely close,  but we have a terrible habit now of not winning games we dominate. 

It may prove last night was rust, but the last few months of 18/19 may well have left some scar tissue that can only be healed by goals and wins 

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

What do they know. Honestly you need to get out more often.

Please sir me no understand thee

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Its you are ffs Mitch!!! Its Saturday night , you know grammar is important to Saturdays drunken posting

Grammar is for Fettes gadgy.

YMD have their own way of expressing things. I learnt from Chin, Eric D, George M, Sandy L, Walter H, ect ect.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I've some sympathy with Mitch tonight.  Nowhere near his scale,  not remotely close,  but we have a terrible habit now of not winning games we dominate. 

It may prove last night was rust, but the last few months of 18/19 may well have left some scar tissue that can only be healed by goals and wins 

How dare you ***** , yes we do but there was still more in that game last night than we have seen from a Hearts team in a good while. First time we look like we understand how to play football and have a plan since what feels like 1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, sadj said:

How dare you ***** , yes we do but there was still more in that game last night than we have seen from a Hearts team in a good while. First time we look like we understand how to play football and have a plan since what feels like 1874

Pragmatism and caution buddy.

Until I see the wins, I can only go with fact and form. 

Plenty to work upon based on last evening,  but it was Dundee United 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

We didn't lose the game, we could have won it.

That team performance; created many chances, conceded few chances. 

I am seeing both sides of this. But, across a season, last nights performance is more likely to result in a win. 

In the Championship,  the Premier might be a different story and the top 6.

Look it's the first game. We should be guarded either way. Not enough to know yet what lies in store 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pragmatism and caution buddy.

Until I see the wins, I can only go with fact and form. 

Plenty to work upon based on last evening,  but it was Dundee United 

I know mate but given the pedestrian defensive nature of last season , just seeing players moving , running with the ball , getting stuck in and balls going into the box was a good indication that we have taken a step in the right direction and also we had a game plan and some creativity in a team still lacking Haring and Naismith

siegementality
4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can you read? 

Yes, I have two eyes as well. You said, and I quote “Had a few good chances which he would have taken if match fit.

So, having two eyes, and being able to read, you’ve said he’d have scored the chances had he been match fit, meaning, he’d have have scored each chance, if match fit, which means he’d have had a 100% strike rate.

I’d suggest you think about what you post before slavering shite. 

siegementality
8 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Levein could or maybe even should have been sacked. Pointless going over it again and again now. We move on.

Your point about the academy is nonsense though. It took a huge hit under Romanov and we’re now seeing the benefits of the changes made four years ago. The technical ability of those breaking through now is superb.

Who coaches the youngsters?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, sadj said:

I know mate but given the pedestrian defensive nature of last season , just seeing players moving , running with the ball , getting stuck in and balls going into the box was a good indication that we have taken a step in the right direction and also we had a game plan and some creativity in a team still lacking Haring and Naismith

Said on one of the other threads today 2 more quality.  Assists and goals. Still don't trust the keepers either. 

Just the 10 months to go  :kirklol:

55 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Man Utd are richer than Man City 

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, McCrae said:

Patterson spent hardly anytime at the Academy. He was signed from Tynecastle Boys club when aged 17.

And the other half dozen that I mentioned? You do realise that Academies are not a magic wand solution to youth development? They simply replaced the boys club route to professional football of previous years. Arguably that route produced better all round players than the Academy system. Patterson is possibly evidence of that.

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And the other half dozen that I mentioned? You do realise that Academies are not a magic wand solution to youth development? They simply replaced the boys club route to professional football of previous years. Arguably that route produced better all round players than the Academy system. Patterson is possibly evidence of that.

The others you mentioned didn’t go on to make ‘big moves”.

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Said on one of the other threads today 2 more quality.  Assists and goals. Still don't trust the keepers either. 

Just the 10 months to go  :kirklol:

No , Zlamal was at fault as much as Berra at the goal last night. 

Edited by sadj

55 minutes ago, old school tie said:

Watching the hearts plod along under dinosaur Levein is as sad movie.

:lol:

Oh dear...

Alex Kintner

Dinosaurs, ghosts and wights. This thread would be better placed on an X-Files messageboard 🤪

Enzo Chiefo
21 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

The others you mentioned didn’t go on to make ‘big moves”.

Nicholson, King, Walker etc didn't go on to make big moves? Are you sure?

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nicholson, King, Walker etc didn't go on to make big moves? Are you sure?

Yep 100% sure 👍🏻 Happy to be corrected though.

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Whereas you might just be slow 👍🏻

😀

16 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Dinosaurs, ghosts and wights. This thread would be better placed on an X-Files messageboard 🤪

Man it really makes ya Stew reading the pish

Edited by sadj

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Yep 100% sure 👍🏻 Happy to be corrected though.

Nicholson went to the US, King to Swansea and Walker to Wigan and back to us. Will the likes of Brandon, Cochrane,  MacDonald, Morrison and Moore achieve that ? Time will tell.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No we didn't. We dropped a point at home.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nicholson went to the US, King to Swansea and Walker to Wigan and back to us. Will the likes of Brandon, Cochrane,  MacDonald, Morrison and Moore achieve that ? Time will tell.

US is a retirement ground, Wigan isn’t a big move and Adam King (nice switch up btw) didn’t get near the Swansea first team.

Levein’s academy graduates, starting with Hickey, will go far bigger than any of those 👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You are a pain in the ass for comparing players. Brandon , Moore , MacDonald , Morrison even Cochrane compared to Nicholson , Walker and King? Comparable would be what money they bring in compared to cost of developing them only them can you adequately say x was better than y

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic