Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

21 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm sure the mods will know when and when not to close a thread without your input. 

What purpose is the thread serving now apart from serving as a platform for further disagreement over a topic that has been discussed to infinite? 

Why would any Hearts fan want this repeated, nauseating discussion to continue?

Edited by Vlad Magic

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Haringshairband

We won't get beaten by Dundee Utd. I'm giving Levein another season to improve as the spine of the team looks decent and he has built good teams in the past. The football needs to improve though.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

What purpose is the thread serving now apart from serving as a platform for further disagreement over a topic that has been discussed to infinite? 

You could say the same about the Sevco thread.

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Car crash of a thread.  

Mods, close down, time everyone started supporting the club instead of desperately trying to find reasons not to

Car crash of a post. It’s a forum for opinions. Not ostriches. 

Finlay James
28 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm sure the mods will know when and when not to close a thread without your input. 

On this occasion, I think it's your input that is the problem

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

Are you the forum police?

sandylejambo
9 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

We won't get beaten by Dundee Utd. I'm giving Levein another season to improve as the spine of the team looks decent and he has built good teams in the past. The football needs to improve though.

We haven't got the spine of a team, we have a defence and possibly the start of a forward line, that's at best as I type

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You could say the same about the Sevco thread.

Sevco thread is at Rangers expense. 

We_are_the_Hearts
10 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Is Kickback now a dictatorship with no freedom of speech?

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Sevco thread is at Rangers expense. 

So what.

Forever Hearts
16 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Leave the mods to do their job and if you don't like a thread don't view it or post on it. Simple really.

Why are some people desperate to keep this thread open? Even bumping it back when it dropped down the order?

I am not desperate to see it closed however it’s pretty obvious it’s done it’s course. It serves no purpose now.

The club will decide on Levein should circumstances dictate a decision is needed to be made. That’s it. Discussion closed. 

What else is there to discuss that hasn’t been discussed over and over again?

Its been done to death.

Brighton Jambo
19 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

We haven't got the spine of a team, we have a defence and possibly the start of a forward line, that's at best as I type

We have three very good centre backs, we have a very solid holding midfielder, our best player plays in the number ten role and we have a very good centre forward.  We also have a very good right back.  So we do have a spine of team and clearly some additions to make. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Why are some people desperate to keep this thread open? Even bumping it back when it dropped down the order?

I am not desperate to see it closed however it’s pretty obvious it’s done it’s course. It serves no purpose now.

The club will decide on Levein should circumstances dictate a decision is needed to be made. That’s it. Discussion closed. 

What else is there to discuss that hasn’t been discussed over and over again?

Its been done to death.

You’ve just bumped it up.

:laugh:

52 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Jesus wept ??????

You might as well have typed " i hope we get beat by Dundee Utd so i can boo and demand Levein out"

Utter drivel.

?? 

or you you could’ve just wrote “am a happy clapping Levein fan boy who loves non alcoholic beer and korma, ban the Gorgie boys” ?

My point is valid. We will see a Cathro esq reaction to a loss to United in the cup. That was all my point was. 

9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You’ve just bumped it up.

:laugh:

Not from 2 pages back ?

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Not from 2 pages back ?

Just now then.

18 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

?? 

or you you could’ve just wrote “am a happy clapping Levein fan boy who loves non alcoholic beer and korma, ban the Gorgie boys” ?

My point is valid. We will see a Cathro esq reaction to a loss to United in the cup. That was all my point was. 

Care to find any post of mine supporting or slagging off Levein ?. I will save you time you won't.

People who work for a brewery don't drink non alcoholic beer and korma is only good as a dipping sauce for your naan.

12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Care to find any post of mine supporting or slagging off Levein ?. I will save you time you won't.

People who work for a brewery don't drink non alcoholic beer and korma is only good as a dipping sauce for your naan.

?? fair play. Although I do enjoy a korma, just no at the football. 

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Jesus wept ??????

You might as well have typed " i hope we get beat by Dundee Utd so i can boo and demand Levein out"

Utter drivel.

He’s got a point. 

People can blindly believe that things will be different this season, but if we lose to Dundee United then that’ll show whether or not he’s capable of arresting that alarming slide from last season. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He’s got a point. 

People can blindly believe that things will be different this season, but if we lose to Dundee United then that’ll show whether or not he’s capable of arresting that alarming slide from last season. 

No it won't. It will mean we have lost one game. Nothing more nothing less.

PS We will win ? which will prove nothing either.

Edited by Notts1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn
39 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

should circumstances dictate a decision is needed to be made.

Personally I think they already do. And unfortunately I can see the club letting it ride with Levein way beyond the point where a change is needed.

I accept that it’s the club’s call but that doesn’t mean the club get to handle this in their own way without dissent.

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Notts1874 said:

No it won't. It will mean we have lost one game. Nothing more nothing less.

PS We will win ?

We both know it’s not that simple. Last season will remain in the minds of people. The slate just isn’t wiped clean at the start of every season. 

Things need to improve to get a lot of the fans back behind the manager. His job won’t hinge on whether we beat Dundee United or not. But a good start to the season is vital. 

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He’s got a point. 

We have a difficult start, Aberdeen away and Celtic away in the first 3 games of the season. Kinda backs up my point re getting off to a good start against United. 

Phil Dunphy
Just now, busby1985 said:

We have a difficult start, Aberdeen away and Celtic away in the first 3 games of the season. Kinda backs up my point re getting off to a good start against United. 

We should win the games after United comfortably. I wouldn’t be using them as a yardstick. 

But if we make a poor start to the league season, albeit with three tough games, then you can bet the knives will be out. 

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

We should win the games after United comfortably. I wouldn’t be using them as a yardstick. 

But if we make a poor start to the league season, albeit with three tough games, then you can bet the knives will be out. 

I think we will win the United game as well. My point is more about the atmosphere that losing to United will create. Folk seem to forget that before taking 5 off Caley in the league cup last year the knives where being sharpened so to speak. Struggled against cove and drew with Raith. Need to start strong. 

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I think we will win the United game as well. My point is more about the atmosphere that losing to United will create. Folk seem to forget that before taking 5 off Caley in the league cup last year the knives where being sharpened so to speak. Struggled against cove and drew with Raith. Need to start strong. 

I think we’re more than capable of beating Dundee United, but they won’t be a pushover by any means. 

I think we’re more than capable of beating Dundee United, but they won’t be a pushover by any means. 

I agree.

Inch Hearts

Robbie will have them as an unknown quantity probably hard to break down.  I bet about two years ago there was the same said about Cathro in the LC shouted down as hilarious as it was only pre season/league cup and no danger he would get sacked.  Then he’s punted and the same people call it a master stroke by the club and results under Levein doesn’t matter that season because it was Cathros team and Levein needs 6 transfer windows forgetting Cathro signed Berra and Laff but then credit the same Levein for doing so. 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Robbie will have them as an unknown quantity probably hard to break down.  I bet about two years ago there was the same said about Cathro in the LC shouted down as hilarious as it was only pre season/league cup and no danger he would get sacked.  Then he’s punted and the same people call it a master stroke by the club and results under Levein doesn’t matter that season because it was Cathros team and Levein needs 6 transfer windows forgetting Cathro signed Berra and Laff but then credit the same Levein for doing so. 

Last season they looked quick on the counter too. McMullan being a key player for him. 

Who knows whether they’ll have strengthened significantly for a push at the Championship, but we shouldn’t take them lightly. 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Levein signed Berra ?

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

It’s amazing to think that people have somehow forgotten that we finished 6th, and 6th the season previous under this manager. The same people are now saying they aren’t going to be bothered that in our first competitive game of the season we lose to a championship side, at home. Levein will have to start the season in a similar fashion to last season, preferably without having to beat Raith on pens, score 5 against caley to ensure we get out the group stage of the league cup, or the pressure will be huge. Lose against Dundee United, at home, and I think we will see a very similar reaction to the one Cathro got after Dunfermline. If we lose, that will be 9 without a win for Levein. “Must win” is hyperbole but the United game is as close to must win as you get. IMO. 

:cornette:

Inch Hearts

Last season they looked quick on the counter too. McMullan being a key player for him. 

Who knows whether they’ll have strengthened significantly for a push at the Championship, but we shouldn’t take them lightly. 

I don’t think Craig will let that happen but also I hope that doesn’t mean it’s the usual cautious approach. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Levein signed Berra ?

So it was partly Leveins team that finished 6th then (added by Jan signings and big Jon who came in when Cathro left)?  Shows that excuse as a myth at least.  

P.s I know Craig signed Berra and Lafferty, was just the point on it being Cathros team as an excuse mate, there always seems to be one.  Even Murrayfield and not being at home for a few games the start of the season to not trying bullshit towards the end of the season, there always seems to be something. 

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

So it was partly Leveins team that finished 6th then (added by Jan signings and big Jon who came in when Cathro left)?  Shows that excuse as a myth at least.  

P.s I know Craig signed Berra and Lafferty, was just the point on it being Cathros team as an excuse mate, there always seems to be one.  Even Murrayfield and not being at home for a few games the start of the season to not trying bullshit towards the end of the season, there always seems to be something. 

Ah well onwards and upwards then.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He was director of football therefore involved in every signing.

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Ah well onwards and upwards then.

Im actually quietly confident of that.  

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

It’s not how it works on here.  Apparently Cathros signings set the club back years and years.  Fact. end of. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Nookie Bear
Just now, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

And, if he wasn't then he wasn't doing his job.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

:cornette:

You can :cornette:all you like, we lose at home to Dundee Utd and it will be ugly. Not up there with Cathro v Dunfermline but Levein needs a strong start to the season.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

You can :cornette:all you like, we lose at home to Dundee Utd and it will be ugly. Not up there with Cathro v Dunfermline but Levein needs a strong start to the season.

That was all my point was. Need to start the league cup games strongly, especially with Aberdeen and Celtic first two away games of the season. 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Full strength squad and team we will pump them, if we don’t it will be down to injured players needing 6 months to get back to form I read ?

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Full strength squad and team we will pump them, if we don’t it will be down to injured players needing 6 months to get back to form I read ?

We will take care of Dundee Utd. It's a Robbie Neilson away game ffs :laugh2:

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Absolutely correct. Losing to United would just bring the return of all the negativity. 

Finlay James
3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Is Kickback now a dictatorship with no freedom of speech?

No it's not but read the tread title, it's no longer relevant.  Levein is here and will be for the foreseeable.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ugly? ?

Nookie Bear
39 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Ugly? ?

Yes. 

You’re offering nothing except smilies. 8 games without a win is poor and a spirited cup final will not hide the fact that Levein needs a very good start to the season. 

Alex Kintner
32 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes. 

You’re offering nothing except smilies. 8 games without a win is poor and a spirited cup final will not hide the fact that Levein needs a very good start to the season. 

You think things will turn “ugly” if we lose to Dundee Utd. I think you’re talking out your arse. Felt the smilies made that clear but hopefully the words above clarify things ??

Phil Dunphy
9 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

You think things will turn “ugly” if we lose to Dundee Utd. I think you’re talking out your arse. Felt the smilies made that clear but hopefully the words above clarify things ??

And why do you think he’s talking out of his arse?

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Like i said, it's a Robbie Away Day so no chance we will lose.

So we will never know :)

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic