Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We do we’re 5th aren’t we, you said we won’t unless CL changes defensive ways ??‍♂️? We’ve not signed anyone.

So 2 points behind 4th and 6 points off 3rd and it’s unacceptable yet if we takeover Killie it meets the standard? :rofl:You’re a feckin chancer. 

We are currently looking to sign players for next season which makes me believe CL’s job is safe as houses. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

"I don't think there is an awful lot wrong" according to CL "we played very well at Motherwell", "I am not overly concerned", we have been a little bit away from what we usually do"  How deluded is he and anyone who believes this horse****.  Just go and take all the other charlatans with you.

23 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So 2 points behind 4th and 6 points off 3rd and it’s unacceptable yet if we takeover Killie it meets the standard? :rofl:You’re a feckin chancer. 

We are currently looking to sign players for next season which makes me believe CL’s job is safe as houses. 

:rofl:

Have you seen the state of the playing squad ? 

But they're playing well mind. If only CL could erm....do his job ? 

Still , just one more season to go, hopefully. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He said another season, that’s next summer dummy.

He'll go in this summer if the season crashes and burns. 

If we get a cup run and end up 4th he won't. 

Why not get behind him and the team, try to achieve as much as possible, then review in the summer in a calm and rational fashion? 

Or slaver, cry and be a negative ninny until you get your outcome. 

Each to their own.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Have you seen the state of the playing squad ? 

But they're playing well mind. If only CL could erm....do his job ? 

Still , just one more season to go, hopefully. 

State of the playing squad?

Compared to who? 

Talk about pant wetting, Ffs. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Craig Levein will get next season, unless we capitulate between now and the end of the season..... lose v Partick and get pumped in our remaining fixtures.  An outcome you’re obviously hoping for but extremely unlikely to happen. 

I do think we might change either way in the summer. 

Just a hunch. ?

Neil Lennon ti take cektic to the seasons end then come across to us. 

?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

I get it from the fans who like CL and feel loyal to the man but in reality he lacks what 

Hearts need. His Bootroom idea of a conveyor of managers and coaches being promoted

when one leaves is a non starter.  CL’s ideas are flawed and Ann Budge i’m afraid has not 

realised that and i’m worried that it will get to the stage where we’re playing dire football 

every week, players will be getting stick and crowds will dwindle. It’s not just the players 

that need help our fans need a team to be proud of On The Pitch.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He'll go in this summer if the season crashes and burns. 

If we get a cup run and end up 4th he won't. 

Why not get behind him and the team, try to achieve as much as possible, then review in the summer in a calm and rational fashion? 

Or slaver, cry and be a negative ninny until you get your outcome. 

Each to their own.

A negative ninny? Are you from the Victorian era? I’m always behind the team at the game, what I say on here has nothing to do with how i support the team.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

I get it from the fans who like CL and feel loyal to the man but in reality he lacks what 

Hearts need. His Bootroom idea of a conveyor of managers and coaches being promoted

when one leaves is a non starter.  CL’s ideas are flawed and Ann Budge i’m afraid has not 

realised that and i’m worried that it will get to the stage where we’re playing dire football 

every week, players will be getting stick and crowds will dwindle. It’s not just the players 

BxAQO_jIMAA7Aoe.jpg

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

A negative ninny? Are you from the Victorian era? I’m always behind the team at the game, what I say on here has nothing to do with how i support the team.

Yes, I'm 170 years old. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

At no point did I say 4th was acceptable, that’s your low expectations making stuff up again. We’re 6 points off third and 6 points off 7th, as I said before because we’re going round in circles, our form is in decline. You have no basis to form the opinion that we will pick up and get to 4th. Now go and sit you with your happy clappers in the dunces corner.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I think we’re already at that stage.

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Sack-employ-sack-employ

The modus operandi on the perennial loser.

You.

With respect, Mitch, our football hasn’t been great for years. Not all of this can be put at Levein’s door.

The last time I regularly watched a Hearts team tear up the opposition was 2005.

The Championship was kinda entertaining but we were playing against inferior opposition.....like Hibs !

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Honestly, you don't look a day over 150

I Use oil of the poor. 

Great for the skin. 

Find the stairs a tad tough now and my last erection was the in the 1960's. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think we’re already at that stage.

You've thought that as long as I can remember tho, and I'm 170. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You've thought that as long as I can remember tho, and I'm 170. 

Yeah I know you think the Victorian era was only 170 years ago we’ve established that dafty, it was 1837-1901, so you could be any age but we only 151. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Your spot on and for CL supporters to come out that we’re looking to bring more players in the summer sums them up. It’s always promises about the next transfer window. Give CL time for this and this and this it is like Mrs May coming back to Parliament from the EU with nothing new.

15 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Your spot on and for CL supporters to come out that we’re looking to bring more players in the summer sums them up. It’s always promises about the next transfer window. Give CL time for this and this and this it is like Mrs May coming back to Parliament from the EU with nothing new.

Or like Alex Ferguson being given time at Man Utd to build a long lasting dynasty? 

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

At no point did I say 4th was acceptable, that’s your low expectations making stuff up again. We’re 6 points off third and 6 points off 7th, as I said before because we’re going round in circles, our form is in decline. You have no basis to form the opinion that we will pick up and get to 4th. Now go and sit you with your happy clappers in the dunces corner.

You said we’d need a new manager to become a top 4 team so clearly you must see 4th as acceptable. 

42 minutes ago, Boab said:

With respect, Mitch, our football hasn’t been great for years. Not all of this can be put at Levein’s door.

The last time I regularly watched a Hearts team tear up the opposition was 2005.

The Championship was kinda entertaining but we were playing against inferior opposition.....like Hibs !

And the fans are sick and tired to watching the odd game where we perform with any degree of quality. We have a massive squad of players compared with the last 4 years and yet Cathro and Levein have failed to put together a team that plays good flowing attacking football. All I want is our fans to be entertained, proud and look forward to following our once great team home and away. In want a manager we can all, players & fans believe in that will take our club to the top of Scottish football where Hearts belong.

Edited by mitch41

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You said we’d need a new manager to become a top 4 team so clearly you must see 4th as acceptable. 

Different thing altogether to what I personally think is acceptable I’m afraid. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And the fans are sick and tired to watching the odd game where we perform with any degree of quality. We have a massive squad of players compared with the last 4 years and yet Cathro and Levein have failed to put together a team that players good flowing attacking football. All I want is our fans to be entertained, proud and look forward to following our once great team home and away. In want a manager we can all, players & fans believe in that will take our club to the top of Scottish football where Hearts belong.

Well said Mitch 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Or like Alex Ferguson being given time at Man Utd to build a long lasting dynasty? 

You can’t be seriously comparing the two, Fergie had a bit of succes before he went there and wasn’t responsible for the mess he inherited.

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And the fans are sick and tired to watching the odd game where we perform with any degree of quality. We have a massive squad of players compared with the last 4 years and yet Cathro and Levein have failed to put together a team that players good flowing attacking football. All I want is our fans to be entertained, proud and look forward to following our once great team home and away. In want a manager we can all, players & fans believe in that will take our club to the top of Scottish football where Hearts belong.

Only saying what i’ve witnessed, Mitch. You would need to back to the 50’s for a period of sustained success.

That’s not saying we should accept shite Hearts teams and that we shouldn’t be looking to do much better. 

There’s been no dramatic fall from grace with this present team but you’d think we were in deadly peril reading some of the stuff on here.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Different thing altogether to what I personally think is acceptable I’m afraid. 

So what is personally acceptable, the treble? 

You can’t be seriously comparing the two, Fergie had a bit of succes before he went there and wasn’t responsible for the mess he inherited.

I'm not comparing anything, I'll take 20 years of success then come back to me. 

And the fans are sick and tired to watching the odd game where we perform with any degree of quality. We have a massive squad of players compared with the last 4 years and yet Cathro and Levein have failed to put together a team that plays good flowing attacking football. All I want is our fans to be entertained, proud and look forward to following our once great team home and away. In want a manager we can all, players & fans believe in that will take our club to the top of Scottish football where Hearts belong.

Who plays good flowing Football ???

Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I'm not comparing anything, I'll take 20 years of success then come back to me.

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

But you’ve already said we need a new manager to be a top 4 team. So clearly your standards should be met if we finish 4th this season. ?‍♂️

Check mate ♟

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So what is personally acceptable, the treble? 

Challenging for the league, cup finals and winning things like 1998/2006. If we did it then we can do it again. As I said I have higher standards than you. Unlikely, yes. Deluded, possibly. Out of the question, no.

12 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yep, you were a teacher at Dalkeith High right enough 

I was great at Dalkeith. Kids used to say to me."When it comes to Geography you're the shit sir".......something like that.

Pasquale for King
Just now, To Be Frank said:

Check mate ♟

I already answered that up there, back to the drawing board fwank.

Challenging for the league, cup finals and winning things like 1998/2006. If we did it then we can do it again. As I said I have higher standards than you. Unlikely, yes. Deluded, possibly. Out of the question, no.

You don't have standards, you're a loser, that's why you've chucked the towel in, no fight, I imagine crap at sport, no heart. 

Fortunately, the custodians of our great club are made of sterner stuff than you. 

Pasquale for King

I'm not comparing anything, I'll take 20 years of success then come back to me.

Do you know what comparing means? You said Levein should be given the same time as Ferguson got? You compared it to clueless May.

11 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

A dynasty that thankfully only happened when after 4 years he finally won a trophy after

spending a fortune on players. He was one game away from being sacked but never 

forget it was his ability to buy a team at first that saved his Man U career. When Fergie 

went to Aberdeen where he one a Super Cup , Cup Winners Cup, 3 league titles, 4 

Scottish Cups and a League Cup it didn’t take I’m long to start winning trophies by winning games at Ibrox and  Parkhead.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

You don't have standards, you're a loser, that's why you've chucked the towel in, no fight, I imagine crap at sport, no heart. 

Fortunately, the custodians of our great club are made of sterner stuff than you. 

Not me I’m afraid, how I act at the game is completely different to what my opinions are on here. I will be shouting and supporting my team as much as anyone tomorrow night.

18 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Who plays good flowing Football ???

Ok you put up the white flag and settle for dire football that is boring our fans to death.

Where is your ambition.

Not me I’m afraid, how I act at the game is completely different to what my opinions are on here. I will be shouting and supporting my team as much as anyone tomorrow night.

Exactly.  I'm critical of Levein at the moment but that doesn't mean I won't be there backing the team tomorrow.  But apparently a few negative posts about Levein on kickback means he's being 'hounded' out the club.  

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ok you put up the white flag and settle for dire football that is boring our fans to death.

Where is your ambition.

I don't find football boring, I enjoy watching Hearts.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Go to the game, roar on the team then head onto JKB to slag off the team. 

7 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

You’re classing Garrucio, Wighton, Shaughnessy, Doyle and Zlamal as duds? 

You probably classed Pressley, Hartley and Zakiukas as duds when they all struggled badly in their first season as well. :facepalm:

The total opposite in fact.  Pressley was one of the few positives from the 98-99 season along along with Cameron returning from injury and the signings of Jackson and McSwegan.  Zal and Hartley were both played in positions that didn't suit them at first but you knew they were quality players.  They both proved so when played at Centre Back and Centre Midfield.  I wouldn't class Zlamal as a dud but the rest on the list don't give me much hope.  I would even say Zanatta is a better player than Wighton. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Correct, you are unrealistic and deluded.

I asked you what was acceptable, not what you dream of us achieving. We all want to win trophies, however, there needs to be a level of realism and pragmatism attached to what is actually achievable right now.

We’ve put in a reasonable challenge 4 or 5 times for the league in 60 years since we last won it. 

We’ve won only 4 trophies in that period. 

Yet it’s not solely about winning trophies.

It is about the long term future of the club.

Building the club up through its infrastructure. 

Developing young players for the Academy and eventually the first team. 

Signing young players from other clubs and selling them on for a profit. 

Building ties with other Countries to bring in more promising talent. 

All these things are done so we can move towards sustaining a top 3-4 finish and challenging for trophies over 10-20 years, not 4-5 times over a 60 year period.

It takes time to build a team that can achieve those things. The problem is you want it all to happen yesterday. You don’t seem to accept that these things are all falling in to place at the moment and that we will continue to improve season by season, both on and off the park.

You’ve mentioned 97/98 and 05/06. 

In 95/96 JJ achieved 4th, QF of the League Cup and the Final of the Scottish Cup.

In 96/97 JJ achieved 4th, 4th round of the Scottish Cup and a League Cup Final. 

So you see, 97/98 didn’t just magically happen. It took two seasons of laying the foundations before we could achieve what we did.

But what happened after that? We fell to pieces because we never had the right structure in place to keep at that level.

In 2005/06 we had players on silly money. We’re not going down the road of buying but success anymore.

We are challenging for trophies and European Football as we have already reached one semi final, favourites for a SC semi final and are sitting in a position in the league to finish in a European spot. If we finish 4th this season and reach another semi, possibly a final, that is a good season for us and surely beyond what we expected to achieve.

You don’t seem to understand that Aberdeen, Killie and Hibs also seek to achieve the same things and are not simply going to roll over and allow us to finish 3rd every season. It’s a very competitive league but we are better placed than all those clubs to go further. 

But let’s just sacked the manager, the DoF, Budge, tear down all the good work etc etc.., because we won’t win everything this season.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

I could’ve been a pro golfer actually oh wise one.

I could’ve been a pro golfer actually oh wise one.

I rest my case.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Go to the game, roar on the team then head onto JKB to slag off the team. 

If they deserve criticism then yes, helps get it of my chest. Is that not what everyone does ???‍♂️?

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Correct, you are unrealistic and deluded.

I asked you what was acceptable, not what you dream of us achieving. We all want to win trophies, however, there needs to be a level of realism and pragmatism attached to what is actually achievable right now.

We’ve put in a reasonable challenge 4 or 5 times for the league in 60 years since we last won it. 

We’ve won only 4 trophies in that period. 

Yet it’s not solely about winning trophies.

It is about the long term future of the club.

Building the club up through its infrastructure. 

Developing young players for the Academy and eventually the first team. 

Signing young players from other clubs and selling them on for a profit. 

Building ties with other Countries to bring in more promising talent. 

All these things are done so we can move towards sustaining a top 3-4 finish and challenging for trophies over 10-20 years, not 4-5 times over a 60 year period.

It takes time to build a team that can achieve those things. The problem is you want it all to happen yesterday. You don’t seem to accept that these things are all falling in to place at the moment and that we will continue to improve season by season, both on and off the park.

You’ve mentioned 97/98 and 05/06. 

In 95/96 JJ achieved 4th, QF of the League Cup and the Final of the Scottish Cup.

In 96/97 JJ achieved 4th, 4th round of the Scottish Cup and a League Cup Final. 

So you see, 97/98 didn’t just magically happen. It took two seasons of laying the foundations before we could achieve what we did.

But what happened after that? We fell to pieces because we never had the right structure in place to keep at that level.

In 2005/06 we had players on silly money. We’re not going down the road of buying but success anymore.

We are challenging for trophies and European Football as we have already reached one semi final, favourites for a SC semi final and are sitting in a position in the league to finish in a European spot. If we finish 4th this season and reach another semi, possibly a final, that is a good season for us and surely beyond what we expected to achieve.

You don’t seem to understand that Aberdeen, Killie and Hibs also seek to achieve the same things and are not simply going to roll over and allow us to finish 3rd every season. It’s a very competitive league but we are better placed than all those clubs to go further. 

But let’s just sacked the manager, the DoF, Budge, tear down all the good work etc etc.., because we won’t win everything this season.

I could pick so many holes in that but you haven’t listened to a word I’ve said over two days and are incapable of doing anything but saying the same thing over and over. Bye now ??.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic