• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• thewiseone

• Unknown user

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Remember when Colin Cameron was injured for nearly a year with a bad back and it took a doc to ask him to walk in a straight line, eyes closed.  Mickey veered to one side and it turned out it was a balance thing and his back was fixed by giving him a weighted gum shield for one side of his mouth.

I thought it was Rousset who had suggested going to the dentist as he'd seen the same thing in France? 

Brighton Jambo

I do think with this Souttar news it’s time to consider the free agent market

Edited by Brighton Jambo

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That seems to be at odds with the rest of your post.

You're not blaming them but you think they might be to blame

The article says:

We sent him to three different people and the best people in the UK and nobody could find the problem.

Don't know what else the club could do. Still won't stop some folk blaming the club though. Let's just hope the luck turns and we have a couple of injury free seasons ahead.

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It's not my field of experience but common sense tells you mistakes have been made along the way . Don't know why some folk are getting all protective and precious about it . To say every aspect of this injury crisis including diagnosis is solely down to bad luck is laughable imo . 

Hectormasson
8 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

😄 Could do worse but Anton Ferdinand is a free agent. Short term deal?

Think we need to sign at least two defenders, this cant go on injury wise  ? Were down to the bones of our arse ? 

Nothing at all to do with bad luck, the management failing to respond appropriately and desensitising the players, through method of play and approach will be factors in this scenario, there will also be other factors which all together create this situation, the answer is never just one thing but several influences. There's a simple way to address this issue but the club will need to be of a mindset where they take responsibility and not decant it  to outside perceived experts which anyone who has any knowledge and wisdom as to injury and occurrence know these experts don't really exist. Time for some in house proactivity, the seed of recovery!

It robs us of a very good central midfielder but I think Haring is going to have to play at the back for a while when he’s fit. It may also unfortunately mean we go with 3 at the back but if 2 of them are Haring and Smith then you have good footballers who can play out from the back. The only issue with the 3-4-2 is we don’t have a good enough player to play wide right in the entire squad. 

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I do think with this Souttar news it’s time to consider the free agent market

We need cover. 

Other options - Petkov, Hamilton - on loan till January and might not be deemed good enough for first team anyway. 

My conclusion it is just terrible luck, as if fate is conspiring to make it impossible for Levein to achieve his goal. But one or two mistakes have been made (probably not a surprise with the number of injuries) and unfortunately we have signed two or three very injury prone players. 

1 minute ago, thewiseone said:

Nothing at all to do with bad luck, the management failing to respond appropriately and desensitising the players, through method of play and approach will be factors in this scenario, there will also be other factors which all together create this situation, the answer is never just one thing but several influences. There's a simple way to address this issue but the club will need to be of a mindset where they take responsibility and not decant it  to outside perceived experts which anyone who has any knowledge and wisdom as to injury and occurrence know these experts don't really exist. Time for some in house proactivity, the seed of recovery!

The solution is spending a lot more money on medical support. 

But the biggest clubs sometimes have these issues too. 

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

My conclusion it is just terrible luck, as if fate is conspiring to make it impossible for Levein to achieve his goal. But one or two mistakes have been made (probably not a surprise with the number of injuries) and unfortunately we have signed two or three very injury prone players. 

Very injury prone is an exaggeration. Presume you mean Walker. Souttar is now injury prone I agree. 

But very bad luck. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Very injury prone is an exaggeration. Presume you mean Walker. Souttar is now injury prone I agree. 

But very bad luck. 

Yes yes but let’s not kid ourselves. Naismith is the most injury prone of the lot. He’s hardly played in four seasons. 

Sexton Hardcastle

It mUsT be ThE tRainIng AnD coAches. saCk ThuM

Says Rab, the 30 something year old fat waster sitting on his sofa typing on twitter. A first class honours degree in spouting dugshit.

That whole argument is just beyond the pale.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

It mUsT be ThE tRainIng AnD coAches. saCk ThuM

Says Rab, the 30 something year old fat waster sitting on his sofa typing on twitter. A first class honours degree in spouting dugshit.

That whole argument is just beyond the pale.

😂😂😂

I get my kill tbh. 

The best thing is at the game when a guy that can barely walk the distance of himself, shouts at our players for being lazy. 

He's about 25 stone, takes up two seats and is inhaling Mince pies like he's competing in an Olympic sport. 

I know you don't need to be a professional to have an opinion, but a little self appraisal and awareness helps. 

Our injuries are shit tho, whatever the reason. 

Halkett 

Souttar

Haring

Walker 

Washington 

Naismith. 

😭😭😭😭

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I thought it was Rousset who had suggested going to the dentist as he'd seen the same thing in France? 

👍

Remember that bit now.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

BjH78IbIQAAzIft.jpg

58 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

What does that even mean?

Such bad luck. Our injury prone players are injured and those with no history of injury are injured too.

Definitely can't be that we are doing anything wrong though.

On the plus side, it gives people another year of excuses to hide behind whilst we scrape our way to mid table for the 3rd year on the bounce. 

pettigrewsstylist
On 04/10/2019 at 10:59, TheBigO said:

Very interesting to see how we line up at the back tomorrow.  Can't decide an opinion on it to be honest, and I'm usually quite set on what I would want as a lineup/formation.

Logic seems to dictate Berra and Dika at CH, but only really because they are CHs in a that's what's written next to them on Fifa type thing.  That fills me with dread to an extent as I like both but neither are in form.  Both have the capability of warrior-like performances and especially when backs to the wall, which they are this week in a way due to the injuries.  So it could work.

Then there's Berra and Smith in a back 4 with Hickey and White wide of them.  I quite like this.  Ozzie Sow is up top for them just now - he's a big lad but not great in the air, so don't see Smith being outmuscled there.

Or 3 at the back with Hickey being pulled in one.  This loses us some threat further up the park and doesn't suit our attacking midfielders such as Mulraney, Morrison or Meshino in my opinion.  But it could work.  You also have to decide who plays in the middle of the three.  It probably has to be Berra as he doesn't want to be isolated pulled wide and doesn't want the ball as much as a LCH has it.  But Smith is very very good in the middle of a three and steps into the middle of the park with the ball very well.

Don't know!  Tomorrow's game has the feeling of "just scrape through it".

Based upon Souttar news, every week for the foreseeable looks like  this i fear :(

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Shut up, oddball.

A bit of a strange reaction from such an intelligent individual- your mother and father will be disappointed if they were to find out they spent their money on your education which clearly hasn't been well used. 

A bit of a waste if you ask me!

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, JamboAl said:

He didn't actually say at any point that he's not blaming them, he actually just said he has absolutely nothing on which to justify blaming them, then went on to say he's blaming them anyway!

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

They'll just be glad I didn't spend it on a Kinder Egg Psychology degree, & a pop-up Holistic Medicine Shop.

Ah, I get it. You've obviously studied for and experienced these ideas and have come to the conclusion they are of little or no value, please share your understandings and perhaps we can all learn something, I'll be fascinated to know how you came by your conclusions.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Well this is the biggest load of drivel I've read in a while!

Mr Barack, you seem fairly quick to want to put me down or dismiss my view, in fact have used such primitive means as name calling and even expressed as "crap" my insight into the problems currently facing Hearts. 

With my view wrongly or rightly it looks pretty much to me that you think shouting others down or name calling is a smart and intellectual approach. I see that when one behaves in this manner things are starting to get uncomfortable, were you a bully or just a bit scared to go to a place you know nothing about cos it doesn't fit your criterea? 

3 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Mr Barack, you seem fairly quick to want to put me down or dismiss my view, in fact have used such primitive means as name calling and even expressed as "crap" my insight into the problems currently facing Hearts. 

With my view wrongly or rightly it looks pretty much to me that you think shouting others down or name calling is a smart and intellectual approach. I see that when one behaves in this manner things are starting to get uncomfortable, were you a bully or just a bit scared to go to a place you know nothing about cos it doesn't fit your criterea? 

Steady. No criticism of Hearts medical treatment is tolerated . 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Well this is the biggest load of drivel I've read in a while!

You clearly didn't see his post about the mental programming Craig and Austin share due to similar injuries then. Now that was a zinger!

There's actually a market for aura cameras, that's all I'm saying.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I'll probably be wrong but Berra looked to limp slightly on to the pitch last week too.

Uche out and Mulraney looks a bit off too. 

15 hours ago, ramrod said:

I honestly couldn't offer any explanation to any of the injuries that would blame Hearts medical staff . But given the amount of injuries and the times scales involved to think we haven't made mistakes in any of the cases would be bordering on blind loyalty.

We always seem to be getting to the correct diagnosis eventually rather than initially. 

Bad luck has undoubtedly played a huge part , but not solely imo . 

Correct. 

We can't seem to get a correct diagnosis for weeks. 

Players brought back too soon. Obviously Damour the latest. He had hamstring problem last week and was taken off. 

Constant lies, the latest one on Wednesday when Levein said Souttar would be back soon obviously knowing he was going for an operation 2 days later. 

Levein lies constantly to make things sound better than they are to try and take some heat off himself. 

It is an absolute farce and the fans getting treated like shi*e with lie after lie. 

6 hours ago, Barack said:

What you wish to perceive is entirely up to you. 

It's criteria, by the way. You're welcome.

Tell you what. You seem to be sure of your holistic methods, then I suggest you get in touch with Hearts. And when "the program" is better at Tynecastle; thanks to your healing techniques, and has had significant medical praise, from doctors within their fields of actual experience & expertise...get back to us. 

Look forward to your findings. In the meantime, keep convincing yourself that a Naturopath is a credible voice to be lending against several actual surgeons & medical personnel.

We are genuinely done now. Thanks for the debate.

Getting in touch with Hearts is both a waste of my time and energy.You have fallen into a very common trap Barack my boy.

You see The answers Hearts seek are not found by somebody giving you them, no, no .

These come through persistence, realisation and understanding, through asking the right questions, through desire and drive, nobody at Hearts currently possess this or haven't you been watching lately.

They are happy to be doing what they've been doing, what they've always done, you see it starts at the top.

My view of both medical staff and surgeons isn't blighted by what I am told, or what I hear, nor by their wage packets but more so by my experience.

And whilst you wish to defend such ideology what you fail to see isn't something I or anyone else can show you, you have to find out for yourself or not as the case maybe.

Why do you wish to defend something that clearly doesn't work, I guess you maybe on the take, or payroll?

On 05/10/2019 at 09:26, ramrod said:

It's not my field of experience but common sense tells you mistakes have been made along the way . Don't know why some folk are getting all protective and precious about it . To say every aspect of this injury crisis including diagnosis is solely down to bad luck is laughable imo . 

I doubt if there is any single factor here.

Some of it will be down to bad luck, some due to poor training/diet etc and some due to pure stupidity going for tackles or stretching for balls they have little chance of getting.

i don't know if players have individual training programmes to suit their needs or whether that's even feasible in terms of cost but a review has been done and I'm not sure what else we can do.

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

but a review has been done and I'm not sure what else we can do.

Was the review carried out by the same person who said Levein is doing a "great job"!!!!!

5 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Was the review carried out by the same person who said Levein is doing a "great job"!!!!!

Write to Hearts and ask them.

Is this another sign if another was needed that Levein has lost the dressing room.

I'm trying to remember which manager it was who cleared the treatment room on his arrival.(not Hearts).

8 minutes ago, jake said:

Is this another sign if another was needed that Levein has lost the dressing room.

I'm trying to remember which manager it was who cleared the treatment room on his arrival.(not Hearts).

It will be interesting to watch our next game with Washington, Walker, Halkett and Souttar all playing on crutches.  Levein should get them out of the treatment room asap.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It will be interesting to watch our next game with Washington, Walker, Halkett and Souttar all playing on crutches.  Levein should get them out of the treatment room asap.

I know.

But isn't it a common thing when dressing rooms are lost that the treatment room is full?

Pasquale for King
On 05/10/2019 at 07:41, Jim Panzee said:

The article says:

We sent him to three different people and the best people in the UK and nobody could find the problem.

Don't know what else the club could do. Still won't stop some folk blaming the club though. Let's just hope the luck turns and we have a couple of injury free seasons ahead.

Can’t be that great if none of them diagnosed it.

Operating was obviously the last option, but at least they found out the problem. Another freak injury. The club will never have an injury free season, especially when we sign so many injury prone players. Wolves had 5 injuries last season, any chance our DoF could ask his wee pal for some advice, he’s due us a favour.

Just now, jake said:

I know.

But isn't it a common thing when dressing rooms are lost that the treatment room is full?

Possibly but our situation is serious, longish term injuries which are more likely to be managed by hospitals, initially at least. rather than football treatment rooms

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t be that great if none of them diagnosed it.

Operating was obviously the last option, but at least they found out the problem. Another freak injury. The club will never have an injury free season, especially when we sign so many injury prone players. Wolves had 5 injuries last season, any chance our DoF could ask his wee pal for some advice, he’s due us a favour.

We could always hire your friend.