Injuries

Haringshairband

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If what you are saying to true then Man United would never have agreed to loan us another player never mind let the same player come back again post injury.  They never leave any details to chance.  Likewise we had that left back from Man City who got injured early doors and never played but still Man City sent us a second player this summer.  I simply don’t believe these top EPL clubs would let their young talent come here repeatedly if there was a chance our medical practices but them at risk. 

ditto with Liverpool loaning us players too.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• thewiseone

• Unknown user

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

So why are we getting all these injuries, far more than any other club it seems?

Right now we are but it happens.  Aberdeen also have a shed load of players out right now.

My other club Brighton, which prides itself on it’s medical and training facilities are absolutely decimated by injuries right now.  Last Wednesday they had nine first choice players unavailable.  Buts there are no Brighton fans looking to blame people is just a really unfortunate run that will improve and that other teams will then suffer from.  

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was playing behind Washington, Clare was right and Mulraney left? Maclean replaced him and played in the same position. It was in the middle of the box where he got hurt.

He was more a midfield kind of position really. He was in the mix, not in a 10 position in the sense you are suggesting where tgat player is free (does tgat still exist?). The wide men played higher up the pitch tgat night and had less defensive duty than the 3 midfielders.

Anyway. You see Firminio or Mane track back and get stuck in and its how much they work for the team, how amazing. Walker does it, Levein is risking his life. Quite unbelievable.

That Motherwell game in isolation, we were an attacking threat for the whole time JW was on the pitch and he was the conduit in most of it. Whatever he'd been asked to do, worked. He could just as easily got the same injury anywhere on the pitch.

Your straw clutching on this thread is hard to watch.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I assume the reserves train, play and generally follow the same routines as the first team so with such an obvious difference between injured players we can deduce it is purely bad luck?

But if they play and train with the first team they get injured?

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He was more a midfield kind of position really. He was in the mix, not in a 10 position in the sense you are suggesting where tgat player is free (does tgat still exist?). The wide men played higher up the pitch tgat night and had less defensive duty than the 3 midfielders.

Anyway. You see Firminio or Mane track back and get stuck in and its how much they work for the team, how amazing. Walker does it, Levein is risking his life. Quite unbelievable.

That Motherwell game in isolation, we were an attacking threat for the whole time JW was on the pitch and he was the conduit in most of it. Whatever he'd been asked to do, worked. He could just as easily got the same injury anywhere on the pitch.

Your straw clutching on this thread is hard to watch.

So you agree he was playing behind Washington as a number ten which is very much still used by many teams (his number).I have said it was extremely harsh to say it, working hard is the basic for any player. I hardly said he was risking his life, someone accused me of hyperbole too 🙈.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If what you are saying to true then Man United would never have agreed to loan us another player never mind let the same player come back again post injury.  They never leave any details to chance.  Likewise we had that left back from Man City who got injured early doors and never played but still Man City sent us a second player this summer.  I simply don’t believe these top EPL clubs would let their young talent come here repeatedly if there was a chance our medical practices but them at risk. 

I didn’t say they put them at risk, but they definitely want to treat their own players as opposed to leaving it to us.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Right now we are but it happens.  Aberdeen also have a shed load of players out right now.

My other club Brighton, which prides itself on it’s medical and training facilities are absolutely decimated by injuries right now.  Last Wednesday they had nine first choice players unavailable.  Buts there are no Brighton fans looking to blame people is just a really unfortunate run that will improve and that other teams will then suffer from.  

Has it been like that for over two years at Aberdeen and Brighton?

I think it was just that Berra was on the bench, but 3 Cm were there too?

My real question is why didn’t he start alongside Halkett with Smith rb  and Hickey lb. If he was available but can’t make he bench when two of our four centre-backs are out suggests to me he is a lost cause. 

Must have been ill  or injured surely. 

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Has it been like that for over two years at Aberdeen and Brighton?

No to be fair but it’s not been two years for us either.  There was a three/four month spell in middle of last season and then start of this season. 

So why are we getting all these injuries, far more than any other club it seems?

Check out Norwich and Aberdeen casualty lists. Similar to ours 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So you agree he was playing behind Washington as a number ten which is very much still used by many teams (his number).I have said it was extremely harsh to say it, working hard is the basic for any player. I hardly said he was risking his life, someone accused me of hyperbole too 🙈.

He was playing midfield

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

My real question is why didn’t he start alongside Halkett with Smith rb  and Hickey lb. If he was available but can’t make he bench when two of our four centre-backs are out suggests to me he is a lost cause. 

I’m wondering that too.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

No to be fair but it’s not been two years for us either.  There was a three/four month spell in middle of last season and then start of this season. 

Absolute nonsense, we had 42 players (every outfield player used) miss games through injury in season 2017-18. Same again last season with 36. Only McLaughlin/Zlamal and Doyle didn’t miss games and I’m not sure if Doyle didn’t. I’ve been questioning this for 18 months now, the excuses have ran out.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He was playing midfield

No 10 is a midfield role, not up front is it? They usually sit on top of the opposition DM waiting on a move breaking down to offer an out ball to counter attack. 

I have been watching Hearts for over 5 decades and last season was the worst injury wise in all that time by a mile.

At least I thought it was but here we are again this season and its even worse.

These injuries are all long term as well although we had stories like Naismith and Souttar were touch and go for the Celtic game at Parkhead  which was weeks ago. Very strange that one.

Plus Smith and Washington were played with with hamstring injuries that the club knew about but still risked anyway.

We are beyond belief ridiculously unlucky with injuries or there is wrong decisions being made by the club like the above 2 scenarios.

Back in 85/86 we used about 13 players that nearly took us to the double ffs.

Some of the pitches that year were frozen hard but the games still went ahead and no injuries came about.

totally baffled with it all tbh.

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Check out Norwich and Aberdeen casualty lists. Similar to ours 

For two years? Every single outfield player that has been used?  I would be amazed if any team had 42 injuries one season and 36 the next, then as many as we’ve had already this season.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Is he still going??????????

Yeah, still waiting on your thoughts on why we get these injuries and the evidence to prove it? 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah, still waiting on your thoughts on why we get these injuries and the evidence to prove it? 

I have explained this before. You are the one making the claims therefore you are the one that needs to back up these claims with proof. That's how these things work in the big world.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I have explained this before. You are the one making the claims therefore you are the one that needs to back up these claims with proof. That's how these things work in the big world.

So for the third time what is your explanation for the injuries and your proof? In the big world you have to also prove I’m wrong, which you haven’t have you 😃🤷🏾‍♂️?

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So for the third time what is your explanation for the injuries and your proof? In the big world you have to also prove I’m wrong, which you haven’t have you 😃🤷🏾‍♂️?

You don't get it do you? You have made the claims, I'm asking you for evidence to back up the claims. That's how it works I'm afraid.

Edited by Notts1874

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s not been mentioned that he was ill or injured. If he is a lost cause why was he given another contract, happy to sit on the bench and good around the dressing room? Are players like that going to help us progress, especially if they’re not trusted to play when needed and full backs are played CB with wingers as full backs. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You don't get it do you? You have maid the claims, I'm asking you for evidence to back up the claims. That's how it works I'm afraid.

I have given plenty on the claims I’ve MADE.

Still no thoughts on why we get these injuries though?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I have given plenty.

Still no thoughts on why we get these injuries though?

No you haven't. You have given your opinion. Not once have you been able to back that up.

I will say this one more time before i dismiss you as a troll..........YOU ARE MAKING THE CLAIM NOT ME.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

No you haven't. You have given your opinion. Not once have you been able to back that up.

I will say this one more time before i dismiss you as a troll..........YOU ARE MAKING THE CLAIM NOT ME.

Dismiss me if you wish I couldn’t care less, someone asked me if I could prove that Perriera was injured kicking the ball against Celtic. I gave a link and a photo from it with Levein saying he injured himself kicking the ball and it was still disputed?

You can’t give an answer on the question of why we get these injuries after being asked on  multiple occasions. Feel free to put me on ignore, beside you and the other fan boys 👏🏾.

Dismiss me if you wish I couldn’t care less, someone asked me if I could prove that Perriera was injured kicking the ball against Celtic. I gave a link and a photo from it with Levein saying he injured himself kicking the ball and it was still disputed?

You can’t give an answer on the question of why we get these injuries after being asked on  multiple occasions. Feel free to put me on ignore, beside you and the other fan boys 👏🏾.

You aren't worth putting on ignore wee man. I enjoy you making a fool of yourself. Try and find a post of mine backing or sacking Levein...............pro tip. You wont find one.

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No 10 is a midfield role, not up front is it? They usually sit on top of the opposition DM waiting on a move breaking down to offer an out ball to counter attack. 

It doesnt need to be quite so defined. No positions do. He did stoo a good goa scoring chance though and you seem to be suggesting Levein should be telling him not to in case he gets hurt.

I'm out.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You aren't worth putting on ignore wee man. I enjoy you making a fool of yourself. Try and find a post of mine backing or sacking Levein...............pro tip. You wont find one.

Enjoy sitting on the fence, still no answer to the injury situation. Nothing wee about me 👋🏿.

Brighton Jambo
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolute nonsense, we had 42 players (every outfield player used) miss games through injury in season 2017-18. Same again last season with 36. Only McLaughlin/Zlamal and Doyle didn’t miss games and I’m not sure if Doyle didn’t. I’ve been questioning this for 18 months now, the excuses have ran out.

What rubbish, if that’s your criteria then yes I can categorically state that pretty much every Brighton player missed a game or games through injury last season and every club would be similar.  The number of players who play every league and cup game without injuries is virtually zero.  

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What rubbish, if that’s your criteria then yes I can categorically state that pretty much every Brighton player missed a game or games through injury last season and every club would be similar.  The number of players who play every league and cup game without injuries is virtually zero.  

A quick look shows Brighton’s players had a lot more game time than ours, we had to use more players as a result. The average for a squad is around 80% not 100. 

E89F581B-946B-4F9B-B6BE-DEE3E794B3AA.png

E4CD09D5-5FD1-4415-9041-22BDF77CCD91.png

46 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

How many of these Brighton players were out long term with their injuries? 

There is a massive difference missing one or two games compared to our record of players being out for months on end. ☹️

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

PFK probably thinks the moon landings were faked and the CIA blew up the twin towers!

And it’s up to us to prove otherwise.

I dooooooooo actually, plenty proof out there. Don’t worry though Santa will be here soon. it’s just bad luck 👍🏽.

74C47BDC-9A57-4285-B496-5CA746195690.jpeg

In amidst all the questions re what’s causing the injuries does anyone have any real info re when Souter is likely to be fit? Badly need him to return right after next international break. 

“Q5 – We’ve had so many injuries, do you have any idea why or is it just bad luck?

CL – We’ve looked into everything, one of the scientific reasons was the grass we train on at Riccarton and we move around the pitches a lot rather than the same bit.”

Taken from another thread. If a scientific reason has been highlighted, I hope we have looked at altering this.

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

In amidst all the questions re what’s causing the injuries does anyone have any real info re when Souter is likely to be fit? Badly need him to return right after next international break. 

Barry Anderson said Naismith would be back after the International break and Souttar two weeks after that unfortunately.

E8C8BCF8-F4C8-4FC6-9FD9-703E671E4EB8.png

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Mort said:

“Q5 – We’ve had so many injuries, do you have any idea why or is it just bad luck?

CL – We’ve looked into everything, one of the scientific reasons was the grass we train on at Riccarton and we move around the pitches a lot rather than the same bit.”

Taken from another thread. If a scientific reason has been highlighted, I hope we have looked at altering this.

They said earlier on that they train  on two pitches now because of that. Doesn’t help when you have to play on different surfaces wherever we play, oh and most of the injuries happen at Tynecastle.

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They said earlier on that they train  on two pitches now because of that. Doesn’t help when you have to play on different surfaces wherever we play, oh and most of the injuries happen at Tynecastle.

Interesting. The crowd could have a part to play here. Creating an environment where players feel they're going to be booed for a misplaced pass can lead to some players hiding, but can also lead some to over stretch or go for tackles or balls they maybe shouldn't. I'm going to hazard a guess that some of the more under-pressure players feel looser and less tense playing away from home these days.

Edited by ToqueJambo

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No

Souttar Aberdeen 

Walker motherwell

Smith  parkhead

Halkett st mirren

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

No

Souttar Aberdeen 

Walker motherwell

Smith  parkhead

Halkett st mirren

White, Henderson, Washington, Naismit off the top of my head at Tynecastle this season, that’s more than anywhere else. 

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Interesting. The crowd could have a part to play here. Creating an environment where players feel they're going to be booed for a misplaced pass can lead to some players hiding, but can also lead some to over stretch or go for tackles or balls they maybe shouldn't. I'm going to hazard a guess that some of the more under-pressure players feel looser and less tense playing away from home these days.

Quite possibly, hasn’t affected Sean Clare though. I think I counted four at home, two at Celtic, two at St Midden, one at Pittodrie, one at Motherwell.  So more at Tynecastle than any other but two less than all away games. It’s a great point though and at least we are dissecting the possibilities of what might be contributing to it. The club should be constantly looking into it I think if it keeps occurring.

White, Henderson, Washington, Naismit off the top of my head at Tynecastle this season, that’s more than anywhere else. 

It's your point I all accept .

I was thinking its more even

On top of  that the new pitch has become an interest in my own research as has footwear.

Since installed injuries have flared to heights not seen often. Injury's may be picked up at home to be revealed on our travels

Its not training at riccarton or orium.

Its not the community pitch.

The culprit is in plain sight bedding itself in

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

It's your point I all accept .

I was thinking its more even

On top of  that the new pitch has become an interest in my own research as has footwear.

Since installed injuries have flared to heights not seen often. Injury's may be picked up at home to be revealed on our travels

Its not training at riccarton or orium.

Its not the community pitch.

The culprit is in plain sight bedding itself in

It could be, if they suspected the grass at Riccarton it could be a problem. The footwear came up in a conversation with an expert today, but all teams wear them so it might well be part of the problem if not the actual one.

Theres been some good points made today about the injuries.

56 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It could be, if they suspected the grass at Riccarton it could be a problem. The footwear came up in a conversation with an expert today, but all teams wear them so it might well be part of the problem if not the actual one.

Theres been some good points made today about the injuries.

I'm not an expert just curious to know if the new pitch is causing issues as nothing else is showing apart from appalling bad luck 

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Naismith injury run  started at Dens Park last  October . Has never been right since. Current hamstring almost certainly just one of those things that regularly happens when returning after long lay-off. White injury exactly the same.  Henderson was a contact injury, can’t blame the venue. 

Give it a rest, you are running out of scarcely credible evidence for your accusations. 

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The most ridiculous post I’ve ever read on kickback and that takes some doing. The fans are now to blame for all the injuries 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

6 hours ago, shed1874 said:

I'm not an expert just curious to know if the new pitch is causing issues as nothing else is showing apart from appalling bad luck 

The injuries were bad under Levein before we got a new pitch. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, shed1874 said:

Surfaces and the footwear worn on them seems to be the conclusion from experts on what happens with collision injuries. Remember Fergie didn’t like these new boots when they first came on the scene.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6259463/

http://www.montagnard-foundation.org/when-soccer-shoes-cause-injury/