Injuries

Haringshairband

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Any more word on who is due back this weekend?

It will be very interesting to see how this pans out.

Will it be anyone or will Craig be caught again with his pants on fire. :cornette_dog:

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• thewiseone

• Unknown user

52 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Not at all this thread is about injuries, it's bang on the money!

Your post was though. 

"Then you have to peice all this together and connect the dots and understand that injury is merely a communication of the disharmony and dissatisfaction these guys are feeling from the methods and tactics generated at coaching level."

How is that not about injury?

45 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We’re missing Naismith Souttar and Harring from last season. Harring because he was thrown in injured and Naismith because he was rushed back. 

Levein had enough games last season without these players to work out how to put out a winning team. Add in he’s had Hickey Meshino Whelan Halkett Damour Washington and Walker and he’s managed 1 league and 1 cup win in 90 minutes.

Take out Washington Walker and Halkett who are now injured he still has a better team than last year however we’re worse than we were.

Injuries have provided a massive smoke screen for Levein in his manipulation of Ann Budge.

The bottom line is he cannot put a team out to win football matches on a consistent basis because he has no idea how to motivate or structure a team when things change.

Great post.  

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Any more word on who is due back this weekend?

Everyone is expected...till Fri...then theyre all very close again but not quite. Eat, sleep, repeat.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

No, it's a hat full of utter bollocks. 

"Then you have to peice all this together and connect the dots and understand that injury is merely a communication of the disharmony and dissatisfaction these guys are feeling from the methods and tactics generated at coaching level."

The majority of our injuries are contact injuries and all the pseudoscience claptrap in the world won't change that.

I'm an optimist, I believe in addressing the world positively, I get the importance of good vibes, but it won't prevent bones from breaking ffs.

The majority? Walker and Halkett, any others? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

6 months ago I wouldn’t have agreed with you.  But in that time my other club, Brighton, dismissed the beloved Chris Hughton, an all time club legend as manager, and replaced him with a relatively unknown manager in Graham Potter.  A lot of fans were split as Hughton had done what he was expected to do and kept us up.  

The difference in the first few games had been staggering.  Essentially the same players but they play with a confidence, energy  and freedom that was unthinkable under CH who had them playing with fear and with so much rigidity,  players interchange positions at will, the possession and chances created are through the roof.  Also young players are coming through and really contributing.  

I was one who was so torn over CH leaving after his achievements but the improvement and feel good factor in only 8 league games has been amazing.  As importantly the fans who were split are now 100% united.  

The parallels are clearly there with CL and now I have seen what is possible in such a short period of time I am convinced that is what we need, a change and a fresh impetus.  Even with the same players the right manager could transform our fortunes.  

Great comparison, hopefully we can find as good as a replacement as Brighton did.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

We’re missing Naismith Souttar and Harring from last season. Harring because he was thrown in injured and Naismith because he was rushed back. 

Levein had enough games last season without these players to work out how to put out a winning team. Add in he’s had Hickey Meshino Whelan Halkett Damour Washington and Walker and he’s managed 1 league and 1 cup win in 90 minutes.

Take out Washington Walker and Halkett who are now injured he still has a better team than last year however we’re worse than we were.

Injuries have provided a massive smoke screen for Levein in his manipulation of Ann Budge.

The bottom line is he cannot put a team out to win football matches on a consistent basis because he has no idea how to motivate or structure a team when things change.

Another great post 👍🏽

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

People banned from the Levein out thread so pick another to post the exact same stuff on.

Does it matter? Injuries have been used as an excuse for over a year. Yes of course having top players back will make a difference. But they have shown up Levein for a poor manager. Every team has to cope with injuries and some of ours we have brought on ourselves because Levein cannot function as a manager when his Plan A goes out the window!

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

People banned from the Levein out thread so pick another to post the exact same stuff on.

Maybe it just highlights how pissed off fans are.  The simple solution is for levein to go.  It's what majority want.  Is levein completely blameless when it comes to our injury list?  Do you bame him for anything?  

10 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Can you be banned from posting on a particular thread but still post on others?

Sounds like a great idea, well done JKB if true.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The majority? Walker and Halkett, any others? 

Yep, what's your point? How is positive thinking going to help?

Christ, you've done nothing but bang on about needing better experts for months, now all we need is a smile and a spring in the step? Pick a lane!

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Does it matter? Injuries have been used as an excuse for over a year. Yes of course having top players back will make a difference. But they have shown up Levein for a poor manager. Every team has to cope with injuries and some of ours we have brought on ourselves because Levein cannot function as a manager when his Plan A goes out the window!

How weird is that? We have had injury problems for over a year? 

7 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Maybe it just highlights how pissed off fans are.  The simple solution is for levein to go.  It's what majority want.  Is levein completely blameless when it comes to our injury list?  Do you bame him for anything?  

That really is pie in the sky stuff. 

I say he isn’t. Prove me wrong? Name player/players currently injured that the blame for the injury lies at Leveins feet?

10 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Can you be banned from posting on a particular thread but still post on others?

Sounds like a great idea, well done JKB if true.

Don’t take it personally. The mods just moderate.

I tell you what I am going to do.

Next time I bang my head or stub my toe. Take a fall or cut myself cooking.

Im coming straight on here blaming you for the injury.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

He's talking about injuries though

Well done you for working it out. It's like he's talking double dutch. Writing a lot but saying little of consequence. 

13 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

How weird is that? We have had injury problems for over a year? 

Clearly you allow Levein to manipulate you with his injury excuses.

Can you answer me this, why with a stronger team than last season are we worse. Is that just injuries? Really I’ve tried to accept injuries and various other aspects to give CL time but it’s over now, injuries are the last remaining excuse that’s worn too thin now.

Levein by his own admission says the players aren’t putting in enough effort, he must recognise that’s his job. He must also realise whatever goes on a riccarton on a daily basis isn’t working yet he continues to leave it up to Daly and co. Surely if it’s your job on the line you’d leave whatever other duties alone and get to training every day to sort out the problems. He’s basically neglecting his duties as manager to focus on a less important job.

And just for the record I’m not banned from the other thread, I just can’t believe people are still accepting of this injury line time and again. 

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well done you for working it out. It's like he's talking double dutch. Writing a lot but saying little of consequence. 

I speak single Dutch you see, halfway there to start with. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I speak single Dutch you see, halfway there to start with. 

Good man. Keep the translations coming. :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Clearly you allow Levein to manipulate you with his injury excuses.

Can you answer me this, why with a stronger team than last season are we worse. Is that just injuries? Really I’ve tried to accept injuries and various other aspects to give CL time but it’s over now, injuries are the last remaining excuse that’s worn too thin now.

Levein by his own admission says the players aren’t putting in enough effort, he must recognise that’s his job. He must also realise whatever goes on a riccarton on a daily basis isn’t working yet he continues to leave it up to Daly and co. Surely if it’s your job on the line you’d leave whatever other duties alone and get to training every day to sort out the problems. He’s basically neglecting his duties as manager to focus on a less important job.

And just for the record I’m not banned from the other thread, I just can’t believe people are still accepting of this injury line time and again. 

I don’t and please don’t force your opinion on me that I do.

Thanks in advance.

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I tell you what I am going to do.

Next time I bang my head or stub my toe. Take a fall or cut myself cooking.

Im coming straight on here blaming you for the injury.

he’s signed 3 or 4  injury prone players  clearly 🤷‍♂️ If we only had 3 or 4 injuries that would be normal for any club.. bad signing policy

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I don’t and please don’t force your opinion on me that I do.

Thanks in advance.

You don’t have an opinion though. You can’t justify why you want him to stay.

35 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Don’t take it personally. The mods just moderate.

Can you possibly give me a link for the "Levein out" thread as I am unable to find it?

Sorry need to clarify the question comes from your post I replied to which contained the following:

"People banned from the Levein out thread so pick another to post the exact same stuff on."

Edited by 7628mm

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

You don’t have an opinion though. You can’t justify why you want him to stay.

This is exactly where you are wrong.

I have given my opinion on CL once on this forum. Feel free to check back on my post history. Once.

Subsequently I have refrained from attempting to influence others on my opinion. I believe others are big enough and ugly enough to come to their own conclusions and make their own opinions.

What people continually and repeatedly do on here is read something then ASSUME what they read goes against their opinion and dive in balls out to defend an opinion that wasn’t even challenged in the first place.

Assumption is the mother of all (7c8 ups as we all know.

Leveins time is almost without doubt “up”. Change is almost without doubt “required”.

However people with far more information on the subject who will have monitored his progress at the club from the day he started will make that decision.

Not me or you or any fan.

People paid to make decisions not bump their gums when they call for something then get all arsey when it’s does not happen.

I can summarise in 6 words.

I live in the real world.

29 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Good man. Keep the translations coming. :thumbsup:

I'll try man but I don't think I get paid enough for this

22 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Can you possibly give me a link for the "Levein out" thread as I am unable to find it?

Sorry need to clarify the question comes from your post I replied to which contained the following:

"People banned from the Levein out thread so pick another to post the exact same stuff on."

10 points to you.

Have a big strawberry lolly on me.

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I was recently speaking to someone at club ref loan and injuries. 

They stated to me it depends on club and injury and confidence in medical staff, travel times, injury etc (That’s not a dig a hearts before those who struggle with basic comprehension get all upset😂

So for example we had a loan player and Cowdenbeath and he got injured. We would want them back as our medical staff are better trained and can make a decision on best course and it’s 30min down road. However, say we had someone at Man City their would be a belief it’s cool to leave them there suitable medical staff, time of travel etc.

It seems it’s very much down to individual circumstances, clearly clubs speak to each other to agree best course of action. 

Perfectly sensible. 

7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

10 points to you.

Have a big strawberry lolly on me.

Pardon me for asking for clarification but I have searched for it and am unable to find any thread with the title "Levein out".

Nice to see however that you are giving me some mana, it is greatly appreciated, thank you. 

5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Pardon me for asking for clarification but I have searched for it and am unable to find any thread with the title "Levein out".

Nice to see however that you are giving me some mana, it is greatly appreciated, thank you. 

Its there. Keep looking.

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Its there. Keep looking.

It is a bit difficult to find something that does not actually exist.

And there is you telling people that you  "live in the real world".

7 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Is this seriously all you have left?

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yep, what's your point? How is positive thinking going to help?

Christ, you've done nothing but bang on about needing better experts for months, now all we need is a smile and a spring in the step? Pick a lane!

The point is,if you’ve been following as you seem to have, that there are a multitude of reasons for our injury list. Confidence and trust in the manager, or trying too hard for. an unforgiving audience(someone blamed Washington for stretching for a ball he shouldn’t have)and confidence to play with freedom can contribute to it. Unfortunately the club don’t seem to recognise this, without going over it all again. Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you, just bad luck though eh? 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, 7628mm said:

It’s called Leveins time is up obviously, 327 pages now, and nobody seems to have been barred yet contrary to what VM says. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The point is,if you’ve been following as you seem to have, that there are a multitude of reasons for our injury list. Confidence and trust in the manager, or trying too hard for. an unforgiving audience(someone blamed Washington for stretching for a ball he shouldn’t have)and confidence to play with freedom can contribute to it. Unfortunately the club don’t seem to recognise this, without going over it all again. Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you, just bad luck though eh? 

Bad luck is much more likely than the crock of shit that you agreed was a great post.

"Then you have to peice all this together and connect the dots and understand that injury is merely a communication of the disharmony and dissatisfaction these guys are feeling from the methods and tactics generated at coaching level."

It's utterly mental, we're dealing with broken bones, torn ligaments - realigning their chakras and giving them hugs and positive reinforcement won't help, even if you go "what, you think it's bad luck??"

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Bad luck is much more likely than the crock of shit that you agreed was a great post.

"Then you have to peice all this together and connect the dots and understand that injury is merely a communication of the disharmony and dissatisfaction these guys are feeling from the methods and tactics generated at coaching level."

It's utterly mental, we're dealing with broken bones, torn ligaments - realigning their chakras and giving them hugs and positive reinforcement won't help, even if you go "what, you think it's bad luck??"

You’re not really getting the whole plethora of problems that are causing these injuries, or how to solve the “majority” of them excluding Walkers fracture which is the only “broken” bone in all the injuries we’ve suffered. 

Watch them clear up when a new manager comes in.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

You’re not really getting the whole plethora of problems that are causing these injuries, or how to solve the “majority” of them excluding Walkers fracture which is the only “broken” bone in all the injuries we’ve suffered. 

Hey we should get a witch doctor in!

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Blah Blah Blah from a man who knows nothing

The rubbish you spout time after time after time just makes people feel sorry for you not agree with you

Have we really tried homeopathy? It's clear that water which carries the memory of some futile substance is the answer and that not using it is harming our players. 

What, you think it's bad luck?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Blah Blah Blah from a man who knows nothing

The rubbish you spout time after time after time just makes people feel sorry for you not agree with you

I know more than you will ever know, and have experts opinions to back them up. Now off onto ignore you, go bye bye you insignificant little man.

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As I said before, it can’t hurt can it?

I'm out, you've hopelessly outpaced my ability to take the piss

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yep it's exactly what happens, remember pre Wee Brenda at parkheid, , check out where James Forrest was, then what occurred! There's one for you Smithee my boy.

Mm I wonder if we looked at players and injury at Dundee United when CL was there we'd see any correlation, no no can't be so,  think that nose of yours is getting a bit bigger- CJGJ

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, thewiseone said:

Yep it's exactly what happens, remember pre Wee Brenda at parkheid, , check out where James Forrest was, then what occurred! There's one for you Smithee my boy.

Mm I wonder if we looked at players and injury at Dundee United when CL was there we'd see any correlation, no no can't be so,  think that nose of yours is getting a bit bigger- CJGJ

Thanks for feeling sorry for me mate 😭😩😖😢😆🤣👍🏽

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm out, you've hopelessly outpaced my ability to take the piss

A compliment at last, why thank you sir 😜.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

Bring back Vlads golden rod.

There’s a few players that could do with it rammed up their arse to be honest.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

A compliment at last, why thank you sir 😜.

:laugh: ah it's the closest we'll get to agreeing eh

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh: ah it's the closest we'll get to agreeing eh

I think we agree that Levein needs to be replaced? If so that’s two things.Life would be boring if we all agreed.

I used to be in tech support for a medical laboratory company, we made very expensive diagnostic instruments using various methods included measuring light refraction from firing lasers at blood cells - proper, measurable, science stuff.

We had instruments that could tell you how much of certain substances were in blood, urine, plasma etc, one of our instruments could even measure stress by testing for cortisol. I'd say that more then most I'm aware that the body can react physically to mental state, how it can change the body's chemical make up by producing certain chemicals under certain conditions. I get that positivity and happiness brings all kinds of benefits, mentally and physically. 

But it's not magic ffs.