Injuries

Haringshairband

4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Teams winning leagues in England back in the 80's were using 14 squad players we'd be lucky to go 2 weeks without having to use more

A happy clapper will be along soon to provide a wooly explanation around 20th and 21st century players. We need more  Hurlocks and Peter Grants to harden up these pussies

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• thewiseone

• Unknown user

49 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Freak incidents to a full team worth of players. Got to be a bit more to it than that. 

I don’t think so.

Actually have a look at the injuries we have had.

Bar Garuccio’s & Harings, they have all happened during matches having fell or landed awkwardly, or as the result of a challenge vs an opponent.

Even Ben’s injury was the result of twisting his knee during a training game.

Haring’s is a problem which he has been carrying before he even came to Hearts as the result of alignment in his pelvis or hips or something which was causing a hernia in his groin. 

You can go all all the way back to Djoum and Souttar exploding their Achilles away at Ross County & Celtic. Paterson doing his cruciate at Tynie.

Souttar has had a couple of OP’s on his hips since and did his knee v Aberdeen at the start of the season.

Berra slipped and landed funny during a match at Tynie resulting in his hamstring being ripped off the bone.

Uche breaks a toe in a 50 - 50 at Motherwell. 

Naismiths injury was the result of landing awkwardly v Dundee away. Then he came back and had a recurrence of that same knee injury and has since had niggling injuries due to being out for such a long time.

Walker fractures his leg making a tackle.

Washington does his hammy stretching for a ball. This is probably the only injury that may or could have been avoided, but then again, maybe not.

And today Halkett’s twisted his knee in a challenge resulting in most probably, medial ligament damage.

Tell me how that is anything but freak incidents? 

You can’t legislate late for those injuries, they just happen. Unfortunately, it seems they happen to us more than anyone else.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

I think that is 4 players so far this season with hamstring issues; Naismith, Smith, Damour, Washington. This seems a lot and this could reasonably be put down to conditioning. The others seem more freak unavoidable injuries however you would have to hope serious questions are being asked within the club. It just feels like we are never going to see our strongest 11 on the pitch at the same time.

There’s a problem at Hearts, and that is a view held by some very highly respected sports medical professionals. It’s not about the original injury in all cases it’s about the rehabilitation and prevention of reoccurring injury or related injuries after players are deemed fit.

A_A wehatethehibs
18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

There’s a problem at Hearts, and that is a view held by some very highly respected sports medical professionals. It’s not about the original injury in all cases it’s about the rehabilitation and prevention of reoccurring injury or related injuries after players are deemed fit.

Who? 

30 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!

You really couldn't make it up, yet you do!

"Highly respected sports medical professionals"

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!

That's pure comedy gold.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

What about Walker and Halket???? They got bad injuries making tackles FFS!

49 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think it's rotten bad luck.  Some may have returned too early though.

I think this is the case - in most cases like Berra, Walker and Halket it was sheer bad luck - I do think Naismith and Haring were pushed on too fast.

One thing is for certain Levein is not getting a break with these ongoing injuries!!

59 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!

You really couldn't make it up, yet you do!

"Highly respected sports medical professionals"

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!

That's pure comedy gold.

You believe what you want. It’s been an ongoing problem for over 2 seasons. Go ask the club why they don’t attend events all the other clubs do. Why they’ve refused advice to improve the way things are done.

10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

You believe what you want. It’s been an ongoing problem for over 2 seasons. Go ask the club why they don’t attend events all the other clubs do. Why they’ve refused advice to improve the way things are done.

Oh no, you tell us. You're clearly the medical expert here. 

Share your wisdom with us.

If you look at the quality within the team we have missing. It’s stronger than some starting 11’s 

Souttar Halkett Garuccio 

Haring Damour 

Walker Naismith 

Washington 

mental to this the Calibre of player we’re missing 

41 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

This is untrue. As I said on another post, the club have had an external firm in to go over our workouts etc and they’ve said it’s not down to that. 

3 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

This is untrue. As I said on another post, the club have had an external firm in to go over our workouts etc and they’ve said it’s not down to that. 

It is true 100% 

Its nothing to do with workouts or training and they already knew that.

35 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Oh no, you tell us. You're clearly the medical expert here. 

Share your wisdom with us.

I’d tell you nothing you’re a total spanner.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It is true 100% 

Its nothing to do with workouts or training and they already knew that.

Ok, so if it’s not down to any that but the club are still to blame what is going on then?

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think this is the case - in most cases like Berra, Walker and Halket it was sheer bad luck - I do think Naismith and Haring were pushed on too fast.

One thing is for certain Levein is not getting a break with these ongoing injuries!!

And I agree with you.  Your last point is indisputable.  He virtually deserves a free pass at this point in time considering the number of first team players unavailable.

Almost burst into tears of frustration when I learned very early this morning that Halkett's injury is serious.  Instead of potentially making a big impact in the League Cup, he might be lucky to make any sort of impact on the Scottish Cup.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Haring certainly was, but if we had won the cup final I doubt we would be complaining 

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

And I agree with you.  Your last point is indisputable.  He virtually deserves a free pass at this point in time considering the number of first team players unavailable.

Almost burst into tears of frustration when I learned very early this morning that Halkett's injury is serious.  Instead of potentially making a big impact in the League Cup, he might be lucky to make any sort of impact on the Scottish Cup.

It’s absolutely soul destroying. 

Teams about as robust as a paper bag in a hurricane. 

Surely the physios and coaches are voluntary roles at Hearts because they certainly aren't doing ****all to earn wages.

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Won the league  with 13 players ? 

I thought I had read that somewhere but Gedster said it was 20.

Brighton Jambo

Some of the comments on here are embarrassing.  

here’s a thought for all you conspiracy theorists, do you think Naismith would re-sign if he knew we had inadequate medical staff or so you think Man City and Man United would loan us their players if they thought the same.  Do you really believe they don’t do due diligence ? 

After Mitchell’s injury woes do you think United would lend us another player if they thought we were negligent in this area.  Of course not. 

10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

here’s a thought for all you conspiracy theorists, do you think Naismith would re-sign if he knew we had inadequate medical staff or so you think Man City and Man United would loan us their players if they thought the same.  Do you really believe they don’t do due diligence ? 

After Mitchell’s injury woes do you think United would lend us another player if they thought we were negligent in this area.  Of course not. 

Well said  

TW

5 hours ago, Rudy T said:

What advice and experts have they ignored?

How do you rate the experts we have consulted and how do they compare top the ones we've ignored?

Does it not seem very likely that being attached to a university with a sports science department we not only have highly trained staff but also ready access to real experts in the field?

I’m having no luck with sponsored players at all these days. Almost as bad as our injury count. Last year it was Dave Vanacek. This year it’s Connor Washington and Craig Halkett. At this rate we’ll be lucky to reach 25 appearances by the end of the season from both. Maybe it’s a sign from above. If true I should look at something down fester road way lol. 

A_A wehatethehibs
9 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Bernard Manning was just asking if he could have his racism back

Not familiar with him but I will defend myself. Witchcraft and witch doctors are a fundamental part of many sub Saharan African traditional cultures including in the vast Congo. The Shaman is typically associated with health, curses, medicine, prosperity and luck. Our luck relating to the health of our players is at the point where it resembles what some might say could be a curse affecting our prosperity. Some form of black magic. Look how many posts here we have on kickback talking about a curse. All I’ve jokingly suggested (others have also made similar jokes) is that our medical team enlist the help of a Congolese witch doctor, potentially it’s worth a try. That is not any more racist than suggesting we get a Priest, a Buddhist monk, or a Rabbi in to pray and help us with the injury curse. What is it, spiritually, that we’re doing wrong as a club father? What have we done to deserve this? I myself would try all of the above, if i were Craig Levein I’d be losing the plot completely. The alleged “racist” joke in a nutshell relates to how this injury curse has us Hearts fans questioning modern medicine itself - you can read posts in this thread suggesting doctors are wrong. Actual medical sports scientists with lifetimes scientific knowledge of how the human body works! Wrong! Get them punted!  

Its a pity to have to defend comedy no it’s not a joke that would win, best of the fringe, but sadly it takes 100 lead balloons for every 1 funny. 

The bone and ligament injuries happen in a contact sport. The muscular ones have mainly been players who have been out for a while (either injured or simply not playing). These can happen, even with the best preparation. As someone already said, it is only in a match situation that you find out. 

I also think a lot of it is to do with players being more finely tuned. Think how often an F1 car “fails” compared to the cars we all drive. 

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, gedster said:

A happy clapper will be along soon to provide a wooly explanation around 20th and 21st century players. We need more  Hurlocks and Peter Grants to harden up these pussies

Amen. Rough diamonds from bargain basement reqd.

Shit happens and its happening a lot to our players at the moment. Only one that proper pisses me off is Naismith. Wasn't fit enough for us then goes and joins up with the Scotland team and picks up more niggles. The club should be putting their foot down to avoid things like that.

12 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t think so.

Actually have a look at the injuries we have had.

Bar Garuccio’s & Harings, they have all happened during matches having fell or landed awkwardly, or as the result of a challenge vs an opponent.

Even Ben’s injury was the result of twisting his knee during a training game.

Haring’s is a problem which he has been carrying before he even came to Hearts as the result of alignment in his pelvis or hips or something which was causing a hernia in his groin. 

You can go all all the way back to Djoum and Souttar exploding their Achilles away at Ross County & Celtic. Paterson doing his cruciate at Tynie.

Souttar has had a couple of OP’s on his hips since and did his knee v Aberdeen at the start of the season.

Berra slipped and landed funny during a match at Tynie resulting in his hamstring being ripped off the bone.

Uche breaks a toe in a 50 - 50 at Motherwell. 

Naismiths injury was the result of landing awkwardly v Dundee away. Then he came back and had a recurrence of that same knee injury and has since had niggling injuries due to being out for such a long time.

Walker fractures his leg making a tackle.

Washington does his hammy stretching for a ball. This is probably the only injury that may or could have been avoided, but then again, maybe not.

And today Halkett’s twisted his knee in a challenge resulting in most probably, medial ligament damage.

Tell me how that is anything but freak incidents? 

You can’t legislate late for those injuries, they just happen. Unfortunately, it seems they happen to us more than anyone else.

Never known in my time supporting Hearts, so many first team players out injured.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

We only have one game until 20th Oct. Hopefully a chance Haring and Naismith ready by then. Anyone else?

Surely Souttar can’t be too far away? Be good to get a wee update on everyone’s progress.

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

What advice and experts have they ignored?

How do you rate the experts we have consulted and how do they compare top the ones we've ignored?

Does it not seem very likely that being attached to a university with a sports science department we not only have highly trained staff but also ready access to real experts in the field?

I’m not having a go at the medical staff at Hearts I’m sure they do their best. And you’re right you would think being attached to HW they would listen to these guys.... and that’s where the issue is. I’m not going to start naming names on a public forum... there’s enough sticks being used to beat the club at present, perhaps after another game and another two injuries we’ll look into things again.

21 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Halkett our for several months by the sounds of it. 

What an an absolute joke this all is. 

Horrendous news!!!  Beginning to feel

sorry for Levein now TBH!

26 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’m not having a go at the medical staff at Hearts I’m sure they do their best. And you’re right you would think being attached to HW they would listen to these guys.... and that’s where the issue is. I’m not going to start naming names on a public forum... there’s enough sticks being used to beat the club at present, perhaps after another game and another two injuries we’ll look into things again.

That's all fair enough, but obviously we don't know each other so I can't just take your word for it that something vaguely wrong is happening if you can't or won't pad it out.

There's no way I'm going to believe that someone like Ann Budge is just watching millions of our turnover get eaten up by injured players and ignoring good advice from experts, especially when I know we've brought experts in specifically to check these things out. 

If you've got something definitive I'm all ears, if not then no offense intended but I can't take innuendo as gospel. 

Edited by Smithee

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's all fair enough, but obviously we don't know each other so I can't just take your word for it that something vaguely wrong is happening if you can't or won't pad it out.

There's no way I'm going to believe that someone like Ann Budge is just watching millions of our turnover get eaten up by injured players and ignoring good advice from experts, especially when I know we've brought experts in specifically to check these things out. 

If you've got something definitive I'm all ears, if not then no offense intended but I can't take innuendo as gospel. 

Thats fair. I’m not going into it. What will continue is bad injuries until it’s addressed properly and that’s a certain. 

20 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Kicking doesn’t cause hamstring injuries 

No but it does cause a lot of the injuries we have had. More than 50% are contact injuries. 

7 hours ago, grumpy rebus said:

I also think a lot of it is to do with players being more finely tuned. Think how often an F1 car “fails” compared to the cars we all drive. 

I think that's a great analogy, though I'd probably be classed as an old banger. 

For once I am glad there are two international games coming up which will hopefully provide us with some additional breathing space. For selfish reasons I don,t want any of our players selected at any level.  

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I think that's a great analogy, though I'd probably be classed as an old banger. 

Lucky you if you’re still a “banger” 😂😂😂

And that’s coming from a clapped out rust heap 😉

4 minutes ago, grumpy rebus said:

Lucky you if you’re still a “banger” 😂😂😂

And that’s coming from a clapped out rust heap 😉

I'm getting there, but not quite ready for the scrap yard. They'll need to drag me fighting and screaming to get me there. haha

1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I'm getting there, but not quite ready for the scrap yard. They'll need to drag me fighting and screaming to get me there. haha

Don’t be mistaken, I’m not giving in gracefully. Quite disgracefully actually 😂😂😂

Pasquale for King
On 29/09/2019 at 00:29, Brighton Jambo said:

The difference being as soon as Perriera was injured they took him straight back down the road. In his first spell Mitchell was playing with an injury, walked off in disgust after aggravating it whilst we were beating St Johnstone, left us with ten men. Levein said he would play the following weekend, Utd took him back and he was operated on before our next game. He then got the same injury in his second spell.

Is it just luck?